Thread: It's hard to be casual

It's hard to be casual

I admit it, I'm a busy man. Unlike many people on Rubi-Ka, I've got commitments that take up a lot of my time. I need to keep food on the table, pay attention to my wife, see my friends, and in general live that life thing. I only get to pick up my Mauser and bring death to OT trespassers a couple of nights a week. Don't get me wrong, I like getting out there and doing my part for the Clans. But it's hard to find people to team with.

I had some good fortune a couple of weeks ago and found an excellent team that meshed well and actually had some tactics, a new experience for me. We punished a few team missions and had a great time doing it. We had so much fun that we arranged to meet again in a week's time.

Time passed, I did what I had to do during the week, and on Saturday I kissed the wife goodbye while I slipped into my armour and loaded up. My team rendezvoused as agreed in Old Athens... and I stared at them in despair.

While I had been taking care of business, the rest of my team had obviously been taking care of serious business. They were all 20+ levels above me now, and no longer needed my help. They couldn't even bring me along for pity's sake.

It's hard to be casual
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

feel for u man
    lvling with friends is best way of doing it but such a rarity

Agreed

This game is about the whole social aspect of life, which improves with time spent.

If you are looking for gameplay, there are many other non online games that offer better graphics, less bugs, and the ability to save whenever you want.

What may help is to get yerself into a good org - so even if the teams you were on are now 100 levels above you, it will be easy to maintain contact. I keep raft of characters at nicely space level ranges, so that when i see a casual player come on, i can switch characters to do team with them. thats the theory at least.

So, if you are lookin for an org that welcomes casual players...

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened