Thread: One Born of Shadows

One Born of Shadows

That day was nothing more than the norm for Jobe Research. The scientists bustled about with their work, new test subjects were arriving by the minute, and Drake Rodriguez was still trying to get the attention of anyone he caught glimpse of.

A shame none had thought to observe the skies...

The suns had settled together once more.

As Rimor encased Atlantean, the eternal void began to dim, the vortex ending for a moment as the world went quickly from dark to light again...so swiftly that not even the keenest of eye implants could detect it.

He was walking out.

The dark figure slowly crept from the void, his eyes burning with the source itself.

~The day has finally come...the Guardian at last had been defeated at the perfect moment to allow my transcendance...~ he whispered to himself.

He clenched his fist at the thought of unleashing himself upon the world once more, a maleficent grin spreading across his face.

Finally his foot touched the cold ground of the brink as he looked up at the tower ahead. With a mere kick from the ground he swung himself onto the ledge, and met with the scientists there.

"Yes...I am a new test subject for the facility..." he said, his grin twisted with deception.

He who was born of shadows had returned...
    Last edited by Vayde; Nov 16th, 2003 at 19:49:13.

Summoning...

He had advanced quickly...Drake was dumbfounded. Nonetheless, he had fulfilled his contract, and so he was allowed to leave the training grounds without further interrogation.

"Ah, at last.."

A ghostly aura surrounded him as he pressed his hands onto the Embryo, the Source becoming stronger within him.

"A mere fraction of the power I require. No matter, it is enough to return one to existance."

Holding a pulsing orb he walked into the Unredeemed Village, his footsteps echoing throughout the twisted labyrinth. The winds swept the ground as he approached a platform marked with the runes of Xan.

He placed the orb in a beam of light emitted from the center of the platform. It did not fall to the ground. Rather it was suspended within that light. Walking away from the platform, his steps trailed with a blue flame.

"Awaken, my brother! Come to serve me as you did in eons past!"

The dark one had conjured an insignia and threw it to the orb, it's sharp edges cutting along the circumferance as it returned to his hand as though it were a boomerang.

Beams of light shot out from where the insignia had cut the orb, the sphere split open in a burst of energy, and the beam of light emitted from the platform turned a shade of blue as the Source invaded it.

Those burning eyes appeared once more as another figure resembling the one of shadows rose from the platform.

"And so I finally awaken...my rebirth has come..." said the newly arrived being.

He stepped out of the light and knelt to the ground.

"I shall once again serve to spread your shadows throughout the worlds, Lord Seralius..."

The maleficent grin spread across his face once more as the dark one, Seralius, nodded and motioned for his servitor to rise...