Thread: A new arrival

A new arrival

In an attempt to get into character a little I have started a little background on my character Aloque. A recent addition to the RK-1 population. A slightly melancholic man, Aloque is seeing little brightness in the future.

Rubi-Ka, an exciting place to be. Rubi-Ka, where death isn’t fatal. Rubi-Ka the basis for the most advanced nano-tech in the universe. All that and more. The truth, however, is somewhat more grim then this. But then again isn’t it always?

Rubi-Ka is home to millions of opportunistic bastards, most of them would kill their mothers for a few ounces of Notum, fortunately, most of them even knew their mothers. Because death isn’t fatal on this world, people have taking to killing en mass. Killing for entertainment, for profit, for about everything one can think of. Rubi-Ka, hell on the mortal plane. Yet Rubi-Ka is the only place I can live.

My name is Aloque, or at least it is the name that I took. Rubi-Ka is my home, against my wishes I might add. But I am of the Homo Nano breed, so there is little choice for me. The choice I did have was where to go. Where to settle. And even tough I was bred by Omni-Tek, their concrete, glass and steel towers have no attraction for me. And rather to join the neutrals and become a rebel without a clue, I settled for the Clans and became a rebel without a cause.

My body still aches from reconstruction, I ended up in a garden of sorts, without any money or means to support myself, I am forced to take up vermin control to make a few credits. And even tough an announcement was made that the Leets where not dangerous, and should be left alone, the bounty on their tags is good money. I’ll work here, for now.

Welcome to Rubi-ka
    I was considering a quick snipe there with a few Clan jokes, but best not hope you find a nice home and do what you can for peace on Rubi-ka and the good of all people
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

[Welcome to Rubi-Ka, Aloque . Good to see new faces ]

Re: A new arrival

Originally posted by Aloque
    ...I settled for the Clans and became a rebel without a cause...
    One more clanner for the cook pot.

((Welcome! Hope you have fun!))
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Bah, I say, bah! Another Clan scum! *reloads Gamma Ejector with a sinister grin*

((This said, welcome to our RK-1 scene. Whose fault is it, huh... ))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Cathern looks over some of the massive database of Clan citizens. "Hmm...what do we have here?" For some reason the name Aloque stood out. "I wonder what this fellow is all about?"
    Tapping into the Clan pest control registry Cathern notes the enthusiasm with which this fellow cleans up leets. "I wonder how he feels about clearing out Omni?"

Cathern opened a channel to Aloque's gridmail.

Hello Aloque, Welcome to the Clans. My Name is Cathern Flowers, leader of the Clan Whisper's Edge. Should you seek employment after your intial training, feel free to investigate Whisper's Edge. Our gridfeed is open and our members are friendly. What ever you choose, may the light of the three moons guide you path. Cathern Out.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Rubi-Ka is your friend! Behave and remember not to bleed
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Welcome to Rubi Ka, clanner.

Although I must shake my head at your poor choice of affiliation, I am required to wish you only the best on our planet.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

-Prez

Welcome to Rubi-Ka!

Don't get shot in the back
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Welcome fellow Rubi-ka Citizen

Mmmmm.. You seem a bit confused in your choice to come here for death is only delayed and the choice to trap your soul with the use of the insurance terminals is a bad one.

OOC - Welcome

OOC : The story continues a bit further.

It has been some time now. My research is starting to pay of a bit. It seems that sub infusion theory is sound. A new form of ‘greasing’ the conduits used by the user to direct nano’s might be found. It is unfortunately that some people were so reluctant to cooperate.

How did I come to be here? That was somewhat strange, I’ll admit. My mind was firmly set on not going with Omni, their control over my research would be overbearing to say the least. So I worked on my theory of sub infusion in minimal accommodations in Tir. I was short of funding very soon. Hunting vermin wasn’t exactly bringing in large amounts of money. And even the processing of raw materials found on my forages through the city and countryside were barely able to keep my supplies up to date. Then it started happening, a few choice deposits into my account, a few thousand at first, then more. Thank something I didn’t grow su****ious. I continued with experiments, trying to prove that sub infusion technology could work, that it would work.

Something blew, whether it was me not taking safety measures to seriously or the equipment being faulty, I do not know. I do remember feeling my arms evaporate and then the world went black. When I opened my eyes again I was in a strange building, my nano cloud was hardly active at all, cut off I felt. Then they started to explain it to me.

I wear a suit now, no longer the rough shirts and breeches of a clan rogue. I have a comfortable, clean and efficient laboratory at my disposal. I see the truth now. The rebels care for nothing but themselves. They would never allow my research to continue.

My research is progressing as planned. Fields tests will commence in the near future. I am where I belong.

Omni-Tek is my friend.

Needless to say, we at Omni-Tek welcomes you with open arms, youll have the chance to work along side the best minds Rubi-Ka has to offer.

I do hope everything works out in your best interest, and im sure ill see you down in the labs occasionally- im a bit of a researcher myself.

*6:00 PM Off-Duty Whistle*

Alright!!! Not to mention the night-life here rocks! Nothing better then knocking back a few Jacks with yer drinkin buddies at Rompas.

The single minded pursuit of science, now that is something I can relate to.

Aloque, your sub-infusion theory may be of interest to RUR as we are about to embark in a huge research and development project which will surely require us to think of of the box.

Let's meet up and have a chat.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!