Thread: Social question

Social question

Hi, I am a new player to Anarchy Online, and I just discovered these message boards and had a question (if this doesn't belong on the roleplaying forum, forgive me!).

Are there any places people go to just chat and socialize? Not necessarily roleplaying (but that's ok, too), just a social place without people clamoring about teams and items to sell. I think I wandered into some kind of dance club yesterday, but no one was around. Am I missing something?

Is it recommended I join one of those guilds if I want to be chatty?

Thanks!

((Bars/night-club are usually a good place to start. There are several of them all over the world, although some are more 'visited' than others. Omni-Ent has Rompa's and Baboon's, Omni-Forest has the Dancing Atrox, Stret West Bank has Reet's Retreat, West Athen has The Cup... Two other bars in Tir (Happy Rebel and Enjoy It while it lasts), and a nifty... uhhm, little bar in Hope

Also, if you wish to attend paties, check GridStream Productions announcements - on these baords or at http://www.gridstream.com . They schedule parties at Reet's, sometimes in other places too. Meeting people there isn't that hard; then, once you know more, being RPing or simply 'chatty' isn't a problem.

And btw - welcome to AO ^_^))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

There are definately places like that. Reets is very popular but you have to check the GSP schedule. Friday night US is very popular night at Reets. Also check these forums for special events.

On the clan side on RK1 the Cup in West Athens is very social. Its right next to the grid so its relatively safe for Omnis as well. Certain backyards are very social too because there is a bank and surgery clinic in them. You have to find the right ones, though. West Athen Backyard 4 right next to the cup is popular with my guild.

As far as roleplay versus social, I've found that the two mix freely in this forum and on world as long as you aren't talking about blatantly OOC topics.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Thank you for the information and welcome.

Those clan places... Am I allowed to go there? Is there a trick to it? I picked Omni, and I think they killed me when I went to one of their towns!

Yeah, you'll tend to find that all clan cities are pretty much unwelcoming to Omnis. Once you get to a higher level and aqquire a Yalm however getting to clan nightclubs bacomes a great deal easier. The one exception to this is The Cup in West Athen, it is by the Grid exit marked 'Athen' and there are no guards in the area to interfere with you.