Thread: (OOC) Job Position for adventurers

(OOC) Job Position for adventurers

(OOC) Hello

I am new to AO and I am having some problems trying to develop a background. I am an Omni employee and an adventuress by trade. I am having difficulty trying to figure out what it is an adventuress would do as an employee of Omni.

My understanding of adventurers as a class is that they are primarily an outdoor group of people so I would like to be employed in some form of outdoor pursuit. But what would be standard roles Omni would use my skillset for?

I have read what storyline I can find and I recognize the various departments within Omni but do not k
    have a good idea around how I would fit in.

I would appreciate getting some thoughts from those of you who have played this game longer than I, which is almost everyone, and may know more about the game world.

Do we export rare animals? Harvest DNA for transplant to other systems? (A potentially dangerous business) Zoo keepers?

Any input would be welcome. Thanks.

Park Rangers
    Specimin collectors
    wildlife observers
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Scouts, field medic, pilot...
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

cartographer

LOOTER 73.3%
    THIEF 46.7%
    SCAMMER 40.0%
    KILLER 40.0%

Neutrals of Rubi-Ka ¤ Neutral locations - by RoboKa

Animal trainer?

By the way: the fact that you got answers from two neutrals and two clanners should tell you that perhaps Omni isn't the right choice for an Adventurer. My advice: defect!

cannon fodder?
    grass smoker?
    hippie?

Originally posted by THEDEACON!
    hippie?
    Hey, if anyone is a hippie, it's you. Get a haircut!

Army ranger/scout
    Pest control/exterminator

OOC:

LEET!

(my lowbie adventurer Leija is a leet)

OOC

Jypsie's career with Omni-Tek after going through Omni-Reform, and coming out with a new outlook on life , was working as Wilderness Control as part of Omni-Trans. Basicly, it was her job to keep down the population, and keep off the roads, of dangerous beasts in the Omni-Forest, Lush Fields, and Clon**** regions. I got this idea when my first character always died pulling missions to Clon**** by sabertooths. She became an expert of wildlife, half scholarly training, half "Crocodile Dundee" style applied experience. After she joined the Division, she was assigned as a combat medic to support Niner squads, eventually moving on up in the RSGE department as she contiuned her study of mutant wildlife.

That's just one spin on the Omni-Tek Advent. The professions is pretty versitle and allows for folks from really any kind of background.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

Rangers

Rangers are definitely the most obvious route. Pop over to Galway County [go carefully if low level] and check out the Galway Rangers. They're a fine example of the kind of adventurer found working for OT [most of them are just guards, but you get the idea!].

Remember that clan terrorists don't just operate in cities, and the best kind of person to track 'em down in the wilds and gun them down like the dogs they are is always going to be an adventurer [].

Personally, although I trained with the Galway Rangers, I now make my living running a Bronto Ranch for stressed bots. So you see, there are ALL SORTS of possible career paths open to you!!!

~TR~
    Chief Rancher and Pardner
    Bronto Ranch Breaks
    A wholly owned subsidiary of Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)

OOC

Exterminator.

Pests on Rubi-Ka come in all sizes...Leet size, Chirop size, clanner size, Bronto size...Someone has GOT to do something about the infestation.

What level are you ?
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Mharc

Hey, if anyone is a hippie, it's you. Get a haircut!
    Hey man, don't f**k with meh nano mullet y0!

And besides, I'm bald as a female nanomage's foot on top of my head, I gotta have a bit of shag in the back to compensate!

ooc

I play Naxilite as an ex member of Omni-AF. his time spent with them he was a lone special ops trooper who would be sent to infiltrate and scout out various areas. working alone to spy out clan positions and undertake special missions. The adventruer nanos are good for this line of work, you can disguise yourself as an animal, move fast, defend yourself and heal. really self sufficient.
    he left omni-af after being sent to VW to find the clan units there and being abandonded by omni-tek who thought he had been killed. In actual fact he had been kidnapped by the rhinomen and ended up 'leaving' omni-tek and living with the rhinos.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Smile Thank you :)

(OOC) Thanks to all of you who replied, your input was very valuable and has given me some good ideas, and created some good ideas, to explore.

I am only 60th level Bliqz. Experienced enough to be a junior/rookie/trainee something but not experienced enough to be an expert at anything.

I particularily enjoyed learning more about some of your characters. Is there a website where character backgrounds and stories are or can be posted?

As an aside...how in the world do you get your picture on the left side of a post???

I noticed in your reciepies you don't talk about the inherent "****yness" of the clanners you use Bliqz. I would think this would be important. If you equate a desire for peace to be "mild" and a desire to kill all Omnis to be "hot" would this not affect your dishes? Sorry, just curious.
    Last edited by Karoe; Apr 15th, 2003 at 02:37:14.

((

Click "User CP" in the top right hand side of this page, choose "Options" scroll the page down and there should be a button with text "Change Avatar" or something like that. :)

At least you can post character backgrounds here :) Would be nice if we were able to add some kind of background in the FC character database..

))

If you are interested in military life then RK-ATC is recruiting, adventurers are alsways welcome as we do operations/mission outdoor in the wilderness as well in cities.
    Peter Giscombe - Director of the Omni-Tek Corporate Security Coalition.