Thread: OOC: Atrox breeding

OOC: Atrox breeding

How are atrox born?

Can they reproduce?

Can they reproduce on other planets?

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Well, they say the Atrox is an 'epicine' breed. That means it has both male and female reproductive bits. But, I think I've heard they can't reproduce. If you look on certain items, the sex requirement is 'Uni'. A 'unisex' salon for example is for both male and female.

Assuming the plug is on one side and the socket on the other, face-to-face negotiations should be possible. If anything comes of it, is another question.

It's fairly obvious that the Atrox is well endowed. At least one half of any liason between Atrox and whatever other breed is sure to be satisfied.

Question: Why do Atrox make good tanks:
    Answer: Because they were born in one.

No, Atrox cannot reproduce. Though wehere exactly they do come from is a bit of a mystery. But there are plenty of Tanks in Foreman's Dungon.

It does seem unlikely that Neutrals have atrox reproduction facilities, and though Clan _might_, my guess would be that any facilities the Clans do have aren't producing as many Atrox as OT's facilities.

So, here's my theory: Atrox are born neutral, and emerge from the breeding facility fully matured, and that the breeding tanks have some sort of tutoring devices or what have you installed. Atrox were intended to work after all, so it seems likely that the growth from fetus to mature Atrox doesn't take more than a 1-5 years, aided by nano tech and whatever else is in those breeding facilities.

Due to ICC (or perhapes even moral) restrictions, OT allows all Atrox to be born neutral, and their preprogramming doesn't include loyality to Omni-Tek. Perhaps this sort of preprogramming was with the first Atrox, and some of the "older" Atrox on Rubi-Ka, but preprogramming can be broken.

And there you have my Atrox theory.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Originally posted by Bionitrous

Assuming the plug is on one side and the socket on the other, face-to-face negotiations should be possible. If anything comes of it, is another question.
    OMG thats the funniest thing i have read for a while

It's fairly obvious that the Atrox is well endowed. At least one half of any liason between Atrox and whatever other breed is sure to be satisfied
    its socks
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

socks? I thought it was cabbage. :/
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

I am not up to speed on current atrox groinal fashion
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Part of seperate Original Post taken from this Thread.

Homo Atrox we look to those that are born in groups for labor, possibly being taught a rough heiarchy based on performance, depending on purpose. Most likely sold for labor or servants by producers, an Atrox would have a long journey to Self Awareness of worth and value of their own lives. Those most likely among Rubi-ka now are liberated laborers, native created by Omni-tek/Clan owned facilities, or offworld created Atroxes that were part of illegal crime groups, soliders for galactic warlord/planetary governors, etc... You would find a large variety of social structures amongst Atroxs, to numerous to count.
    To elaborate I believe that facilities to produce Atrox have most likely sprung up all over the galaxy. How an Atrox goes to Rubi-ka would vary from Atrox to Atrox of course, but not all Atrox would I ever assume come from Rubi-ka alone.

Rubi-ka is the small center of a much larger unit. There is a galaxy beyond us, even though we cannot see it, does still exsist and would effect even this planet in the same way events here effect the galaxy as a whole.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Atrox are a derivation of the Solitus line who are genetically modified for greater muscle mass. As they are a derivation of the Solitus this would mean that they would have to be sterilized while still developing through hormonal/chemical/radiological controls. Being born in tanks seems to be the only feasable concept

As far as hormones are concerned, the .wav file for choosing Atrox says they have extremely high testosterone levels. We all know where testosterone is created. As I recall, abnormally high and excessive testosterone can cause problems with reproduction. Might be wrong about that. I do know that it can cause both baldness while at the same time triggering excessive body hair.

I heard its where they keep the keys to their yalms, and home so they have to put socks in there as well to stop the jingling noises
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Unhappy Not convinced that alternate breeds are used extensively offworld

Rubi is the most profitable and important planet in the universe. Omni took great risks, and suffered great protest during the creation of alternate human breeds. I cannot imagine they would go through all that again, unless the rewards were as vast as they are on Rubi.

Definately there is minor tinkering done in many areas, legal and illegal. Medical science has allowed the genetic strings to be played like a keyboard now. But most of the other adaptions are simple corrections done for genetic diseases, illegal performance enhancement boosts, and melenoma corrections done to the descendants of the anchient musician who sang thriller. But these changes do not qualify as a breed as they are minor tinkering which will are small adaptions to groups of genes, not the insertion of whole new chromosomes, and not requiring many years and many failures to perfect.

appart from highliner navigators who have rumored to have been mutated by ****e over the generations to fold space, the rest of offworld humans are solitus.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Ani, according to the backstory, creating new breeds better suited to local conditions is a stanard part of planitary colonisation.

With ICC approval - as standard colonisation practise - Omni-Tek begins to experiment with DNA sequencing on human foetuses to produce breeds that are better suited to Rubi-Kan conditions than the regular Homo Solitus.
    taken from the timeline.

also taken from the timeline

The first Homo Atrox is born. This gene-modified human breed is designed specifically for work in the notum mines. It is incapable of reproduction.
    hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

they did a good job

they did a good job on most people here,

But why the heck don't I get a mouth?

Ani.

why do i look like i am a KISS reject?
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Their your tats

Dude,

you got those tattoos yourself, dont go trying to blame this one on a Omni conspiracy.

LONG LIVE DESERT WINDS.

Ani
    (Synethesia)

This thread again...

I would imagine that Homo Nano would have a high amount of intelligence, bordering on psychic... Most would probably dive into Notum intense profession almost with an addiction, or into an area that would put thier intellect to use.
    Most Homo Nanos seem to hate the physical world and would rather view with a minds eye than their own senses, hence the self-mutilation of eye, ears, and even the mouth. Homo Nano are a speicies that are bound to Rubi-ka (for the moment) forever, and most Homo Nanos probably have a family connection to the planet itself. To them the planet is life and death, a place they cannot escape.
    As for those Nanomages born without a mouth, this is probably a mutation that has evolved over time due to a lack of use, or need. Notum is a Nanomages ability to live, not food.

As far as alternate breeds being useful on other worlds... with the colonisation of Rubi-ka shuttles coming and going so fast I am sure someone smuggled people off planet over the century when the first breeds were produced. If not for their own profit and ability to recreate the genetic strings than to at least put them to work.

Atrox would be the best choice for a simple hard larbor worker. They were designed for that purpose... why would Omni-Tek create a whole new breed again to fill such a role instead of simply using a the same already created Genetic Code?
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Atrox...

Can live elsewhere

And yes they are able to have sex (since they got both sets of genitalias...) However they can't reproduce. So if you spot a fat trox, he/she is NOT pregnant (that should make some of the guys here sleep a lill better at night)
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

Why do i know they got both sets of genitalies? hmmm... Anyone called for wrangles?

Poetica blushes

Poetica turns and runs away
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries