Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ICC in bombing threat horror!

From the desk of Major McCovery
    Leader of Desert Winds

The organisation Desert Winds does NOT claim responsibility for this attempt to destroy the I.C.C. HQ in Andromeda. However, on a personal note I can strongly sympathise with the motives behind this move.

The I.C.C. is a collection of companies, all intent on one activity which is to make as much money as they can. Rubi-Ka is the largest cash cow in the galaxy, with notum the number one commodity on the open market. Of course these companies want a 'piece of the pie' and so the I.C.C. at the behest of its members has deregulated mining/drilling, refining and shipping of notum.

To say this activity has no negative impact on our biosphere is absurd! Oh it may be possible to clean up the waste byproducts, but is that happening? the only move to clean any part of the terraformed area was that of Tir river in Tir city.

This apathetic attitude will doom us and future generations of Rubi-Kans.

BORPAC members will fight for their home, they do not claim alliance to Omni-Tek, The Clans or any other body on Rubi-Ka.

We are Rubi-Kans.

Edit - ((please note Dr Tiny and Major "Naxilite" McCovery, whilst played by the same person, ME , are seperate entities on Rubi-Ka and this forum. see signature))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Originally posted by Maxilon

Our sub-breed of human is not 'on the verge of extinction', and in fact, is not in danger at this time. Until such time as a final study can be performed that all sides concur on (OT, Clans, Neutral... or at least two of the three) when the notum supply MIGHT run out
    Maxilon, I am sorry you cannot feel what we feel. But if this exploitation of Notum continues, there will be no more Rubi-Ka, and by extension there will be no more nanomage.

You go ahead and await your final study results. But the thing is, the 3 sides WILL NEVER CONCUR! They haven't to this point, so why would they now? Agree that Notum mining is bad and stop? Lose all that money? They'll never WILLINGLY do that. If you can't see that then you are a FOOL.

Originally posted by Dr Tiny

To say this activity has no negative impact on our biosphere is absurd! Oh it may be possible to clean up the waste byproducts, but is that happening? the only move to clean any part of the terraformed area was that of Tir river in Tir city.
    EXACTLY! Setting off a nuclear device would cause IMMENSE damage to our bio-sphere! But...guess it's OK if some environmental nut does it the name of...protecting the planet? That's like killing your own daughter so she don't have the possibility of getting raped later in life. How absurd!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Tifanyx
    You go ahead and await your final study results. But the thing is, the 3 sides WILL NEVER CONCUR! They haven't to this point, so why would they now? Agree that Notum mining is bad and stop? Lose all that money? They'll never WILLINGLY do that.
    The three factions can't even agree about living on the same planet and sharing the resources let alone cooperate long enough to do a formal study!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    The three factions can't even agree about living on the same planet and sharing the resources let alone cooperate long enough to do a formal study!
    Exactly. That is why Nanomages must unite and take matters into their own hands!

Um. Excuse me.

Reread what I said.

I'm not requesting a study into environmental affects. I know enough that no one cares to do that.

A study that should interest all sides and can be conducted seperately with seperate results, is a true scientific study (and I would not accept any BORPAC member's results on this, it will likely be propaganda) to find out the amount of remaining notum supply to structure current mining operations around.

Mine it dry for all I care. What I care about is the advancement and betterment of the human race. You want to live in a perfect environment, go to a world that is marked as a preserve. You want to live on a floating dustball of a mining planet, you live on Rubi-Ka.

The best way to go about doing this for everyone is to insure that nanomages know when to cease creation of future nanomage featuses and allow for reverse genetic structuring to revert them to solitus when the notum supply is known to be lowering to a point of uncomfortable life on the surface of Rubi-Ka.

I still believe with a responsible, regulated mining operation, the notum of Rubi-Ka will last for centuries, if not millenia to come. This is more than enough time to begin preparations for the 'end' (reversion) of the nanomage breed.
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

I still believe with a responsible, regulated mining operation, the notum of Rubi-Ka will last for centuries, if not millenia to come. This is more than enough time to begin preparations for the 'end' (reversion) of the nanomage breed.
    That's the problem, isn't it? There is no responsible, regulated mining.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    That's the problem, isn't it? There is no responsible, regulated mining.
    And that is why I work to support a constitutional clan government that can form a democratic body to help rule Rubi-Ka once the Omni-Tek lease has ended. If we can continue to supply the galaxy with notum in a manner that is satisfactory for the ICC, then there will no need for them to renew the lease of OT, or to lease Rubi-Ka to another hypercorporation which could potentially come to Rubi-Ka with the intention of strip mining the planet try in a decade.

So far, this has not been OT-RK's intent, as they seem to understand the laws of supply and demand and can use them to turn a larger profit.

Of course, the concept of fighting for the environment with a WMD (and a thermonuclear one at that), is ridiculous at best. I believe Vixentrox gave the best analogy.
    Bureaucrat
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

And that is why I work to support a constitutional clan government that can form a democratic body to help rule Rubi-Ka once the Omni-Tek lease has ended.
    Thats the problem. The lease ends in 23 to 73 years (depending on your interpretation) by that time it *may* be to late to do anything to reverse the effects of the notum mining.

Originally posted by Tifanyx

Thats the problem. The lease ends in 23 to 73 years (depending on your interpretation) by that time it *may* be to late to do anything to reverse the effects of the notum mining.
    That's your agenda, Tifanyx, not mine. The goal I think that should be achieved is regulation of it, not reversal.
    Bureaucrat

The opinion that the individual in question here did not have the environment in mind are to be seriously doubted.

Thermonuclear devices are Hydrogen bombs that use a high amount of concentrated deuterium and tritium ( heavy hydrogen isotopes ) the core of the explosion and Uranium 238 ( source of radiation ) as the "trigger" of the fusion reaction.

The overall radioactive output in a surface blast is substainally reduced than all previous nuclear armaments of the early 20th Century... and varies greatly on the output of said device.

Looking at ICC HQ from a target stand point, what better place to strike at the Corporations that will forever use Rubi-ka until it is dry... regardless of consequences.

Looking at ICC HQ from a location stand point, it is located inside a hollow mountain, should a thermonuclear device be detonated within it, the blast and all particles would merely be covered in dirt. To block harmful radiation you merely need 48" of dirt to reduce radiation levels by 99%... the other 1% would be barely over residual level already present on the planet...

The main environmental concern is that the radiation would seep into the ground, however at this location on a high mountain and a bedrock of stone such contamination would be extremely minimal, not to mention contained within the rain fed lake located at the basin.

The weapon used yield low level radiation, the target choosen would prevent environmental contamination.

I believe that this violent effort held a purpose, and still held true to the original intent of protecting Rubki-ka's environment. I don't condone this action, however if something is not addressed... other radicals may be on our hands with bigger weapons, and not so much concern for where they set them off.

This of course is merely my opinion, not supported by Elite Operations, nor endorsed by the Nanomage Liberation Front.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

You also have to remember, Rubi-Ka's native atmosphere is a highly radioactive and dangerous one. While we may be safe inside the bio-sphere that has been created we still have to be very mindful of it.
    What would have happened if the EM shockwave produced by an explosion of a WMD upset the controls of the bio-sphere for just a few mere seconds. The native enviroment of Rubi-Ka would have been let in and all off our lives would have been effected in a heartbeat.
    Actions like this cannot be taken lightly, if infact the investication into this plot find that the man wasn't working on his own we have to find whoever is behind this act, and stop them at all cost.

Let me clarify a few things. The NLF doesn't claim responsibility for this action nor do we condone it. It was obviosly not a well concieved plan with serious reprocussions should it have succeded. I do however fear that this may not be the last attempt at desperate action. We have seen our own families grow ill due to Notum depreciation. We can see a time in the near future where we will be no more. I have even had the urge to strike out like this man has, but either I lacked the courage or had more sense. If you seek it out, you can atune to Rubi-Ka and she will speak to you. Then you will finally know the truth and will see why so many people have become so desperate.

However ICC is a legitimate military target and a criminal organization. Cartels such as this should have never been allowed to form in the first place. I beseach the people of the Galaxy speak out against the evil corporations that profit off the backs of your labour! I beseach the Clan organizations do not allow yourself to become the enemy you so valiantly fought! I can see it in the majority of you, becoming a new Omni-Tek. This will drive people into greater desperation than ever before, please stop the madness now.

May Rubi-Ka guide your way
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

DrTiny read the latest copy of ONN

http://www.grimworld.homestead.com/onn.html

"Very interesting" he thought to himself, "it seems events are maving rapidly"

He smiled to himself
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

As much as I find it amuseing to see what would happen if the meddling ICC's HQ was blown up I think that such an action will do more harm than good. Omni-Tek or the clans, or neutrals have yet to release a report based on evidence that can prove Notum is limited.

Until then, the benefits of the notum mining operations are too lucurative to be passed over by most and you will find it diffcult, if not impossible to stop.

You will have more luck to broker a pernament peace between the clans and Omni-Tek than stop the mining of Notum.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12