Thread: A night out -or- Everyone goes to "The Cup"?

Post A night out -or- Everyone goes to "The Cup"?

Yesterday after some days hard work a bunch of friends decided to go out and have some drinks, just to forget the waging war around us and the blood we had stalked through while getting our business done the hours before.

Well we were a pretty mixed heap of 6 or 7 people, all Ladies with just one male, Omnitek, Clan, mostly Fixer and most of them quite senior ranking. The gardrobe was mixed from "delicate" clubbing fashion to Cyborg Death Squad battle armor, mirrorshades and most still carried their SMGs with them.-You never know what could happen especially if you enter "non-enpeaced" territory like West Athens. But we were lucky, "The Cup" was not in its happy hour and besides us nearly completely empty. Well after some violent discussions with the barkeepers that refused to serve the omniside of our group anything but bad names we all got our drinks.

It was then that we noticed another figure in the room, her lax body posture and worn clothing told clearly her affiliation to the clans. The NAME task she wore for some reasons was GREEN. Well apparently she was not very happy with your presence there and threw some lets say very clanish insults against the omnitek affiliated part of our small group. That earned her pretty sharp looks and some appropriate answers, i think i also heard several times the safety catches of Manexes removed with metallic clicks. Well to cut it short she decided to leave us and we had the bar back for ourselves. I surely need not to mention that the barkeepers were much more cooperative on the rest of the evening that went on very enjoyable.

I still wonder why everyone allways needs to fight. Clans, Omnitek, Neutrals, whoever, does it not get tiresome at some times ? Would not it be great to be able to meet in a place where the barkeepers actually serve everyone without having a gun pointed under their noses, or were you just can hang around with friends and businesspartners without being called rude names from fanatics or people who try to pick up a barfight.

Well to cut it short:
    Why is it not possible that
    "Everyone goes to "The Cup"?

OOC:
    I did just write down this small story because since i started the game (which was not to long ago) i waited to see a GREEN NAMED person, an official event or whatever activity by the story events team of Funcom.

Well yesterday was the first time i did see such a person, and ended up insulting her in character, i really laughed about the irony of that.

With this post i wanted to report a) the rare sighting b) maybe share the laughter.

OOC

Greenies have been showing up more and more recently! Woot to FC!.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.