Thread: Which RP Orgs are based around PvP?

Which RP Orgs are based around PvP?

I was just curious which Orgs, on both sides... tend to focus their roleplay and function around the PvP goals.

I'm very much a roleplayer, but also love a good strong PvP motivated group.

I dont know of any RP guilds that focus on PvP, but a few of the major RP guilds do have bases.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Yea, your going to have a hard time finding one with the other.
    General of Apocaylpse

--The Council of Atroxes--
    Power to the Atrox!

Hrm, interesting... I always figured that those OT's who RP the military theme would take advantage of the chance to actually act out the PvP extension of the roleplay

Well, the problem is, RP is by nature a social activity. You RP with and around other people, through communication with them. Even if your RPing as enemies, you need to cooperate and coordinate on the OOC level in order to have enjoyable RP. You work together with others to create a story.

PvP, by contrast, is by nature an anti-social activity. You PvP against other people, and win or lose, people being sent to reclaim takes them "out of play." Rather than communicating (trash talking, while it might be amusing, doesn't count as communication) with people, very broadly, you tab-kill people. Because the "point" of PvP is to "get rid of" the enemy, rather than work with them to create a story, it is hard to RP well in a PvP battle environment.

Most successful organizations that mix the two do it in one of two ways, I've noticed - first, by treating PvP entirely as an OOC activity, or else, by PvPing OOCly and then working it in to their character backgrounds and other stories after the fact.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Wink

Perhaps role-players would PvP more if sunglasses had a higher armor class

Will just have to invest a "strap them on the outside of your helmet" device =)

Originally posted by Zendo
    Will just have to invest a "strap them on the outside of your helmet" device =)
    OOC
    Many RP guilds are involved in Pvp but it's just considered another activity as opposed to a guild focus.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Our Clan, The liberators, will focus more and more to the destruction of omni base to make the land free for other clan (who believe in democracy more than Anarchy) or just make it free from any occupation, hence the name of our clan.

OOC :
    We are not a strict RP org (meaning not all of our player are RPing, or sometimes we have ooc discussion without saying ooc), but when we do PvP, i amazed at the fact that all my guildy are roleplaying it.
    Aegnora
    -----------
    Aegnora, most Beautiful fixer on rk2
    Member of Storm Guard
    Self proclamed goddess of many things
    The price to pay for peace and freedom is war, sad but true. we've made our choice knowing that.
    ------------
    Got GA2, GA3, looking for ga4

Chimera, is currently engaged in the stret west bank cleansing.. where a lot of pvp happens
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Desert Winds partake in pvp, but as Vixentrox said, its justone of the things we focus on and is not the be all and end all of the guild
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

((The problems with mixing PvP and RP are pretty apparent on these boards. It breeds an enormous amount of bad blood.

RP guilds battling non-RP guilds. Non-RP guilds attacking RP guilds. How does one justify this in terms of RP. The way NW is implemented I find it a very difficult task to mix the two.

Maybe if it was done in another way, with toggles perhaps. Gamers and RPers will always clash on issues, with the gamers "winning". Since they tend not to get as worked up as the RPers.

I hope you can make a PvP/RP mix work for you. Kudos to you if you do, and in that case let the rest of us know.))
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Maybe I just dont know enough about NW....

Would it not be something simple (in RP terms) to devote an Omni Army style guild to trying to rid the world of Clan Towers? Waging a constant battle against the clans towers?

It doesnt matter if other OT RP with you, seeing as you are still fighting for their cause, even if its not a RP scenario to them.... and the enemy, Clan, well, they dont need to RP to fight back.

I guess I dont know what you mean when you say the two dont mix.

As Bill said, Chimera is mainly a PvP guild with focus on RP aswell.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Greetings,

Elite Operations started out as a rpg and socail guild from the onset. AO was the first MOORPG most of our members played and being neutral our PvP experince was very limited, we took the merc hook as rpg theme and to set us apart from other neut orgs. Merc duty was limited to rgp events and npc mobs prior to Notum Wars. I had members in the guild who never PvP after a year of playing. With the release of NW we decided to get into this portion of the game and as a result we were totally unprepared at the different calibre and game the PvP orgs play, it was a total eyeopener. In our naivness we thought we would maybe fight guild to guild or most orgs would respect our neutrality. In retrospect we might have choose a different course of action. As a result we are a rpg guild that is going though the learning stages of PvP and now the merc hook is applied.

Sincerely, Sumokan President of Elite Operations

Some of the problem I think also is, ( and this isnt an attack on RP'ers )

Power Gamers tend to own the battlefield in the pvp realm.

RP'ers usually just are not near as well equiped as the power gamers, and tend to get owned.

This is not the rule of course, there are exceptions, but it is the trend. At least in my experience.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Hey Turin wanna duel?

First one to fall asleep from boredom loses. Maybe we can break Letah and Pomy's record of 59 minutes of combat.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.