Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOC: Help requested

Originally posted by Savoy
    The cliche of all cliche roleplaying adventurers starts in a tavern. A young group of adventurers are sitting at a table drinking ale when a mysterious, hooded figure comes up to them and says "I wish to hire you for a job..."

Rubi-Ka is filled with young adventurers, what is lacking are the mysterious patrons to hire them. That was one of the ideas behind the formation of RUR. Granted were are not exactly mysterious, but our robots, our technology and fundamental cluelessness are meant to be a constant source of problems, and thus provide roleplaying opportunities for us and as many people we can rope into the adventure. As well as having fun and creating a rich environment for our characters, I'd like to think that in some small way RUR is, as you say, enhancing the experience for everyone.

Of course villains are a central part of most plots, but I think playing a villain full time can be problematic. For one thing villains and heroes don't generally interact that much. In stories they are often elusive, mysterious figures who make things happen from behind the scenes. In a mmorpg, you can get the exact same effect by not logging in at all.

In the course of the adventures I have been involved in with the SRS and now RUR, we often needed to create a villains. These villains were not genuine characters, they were more like NPC-toons. NPCs are good villains because have no ego, are disposable and totally subordinate to the needs of the plot. The most notable of these was perhaps Rorybonez of the World Leet Fighting Federation, who was to became something of a recurrent villain for the SRS. Fun as he was, it would have been pretty harsh to expect someone as to play such a sleazebag full time so he was just dusted out and put into play when a storyline required him, and as it were at least two different people took on the role from time to time (Baxie and Sightsee).
    I guess my point is that, while we may all agree the community needs are more plots and plot hooks, you don't necessarily have to play the villain as your 'main' to generate these plots. If you can figure out a reasonable excuse to metaphorically 'hang around in taverns and approach young adventurers with job offers', you'll have your place in the rp community secured.

PS:
    If you are really stuck for ideas, RUR can always use more creative roleplayers in our ranks!
    This is what I'm talking about and why I'd say savoy is the best rp'er on rk1 becuase they make the effort to involve not just orgs but everyday whoever that waltzes in on them.

I was lucky enough to get hooked up with a rp org early in my days in ao and had a blast. We were 50/50 rp and do your own thing, we followed rules, and it worked. We weren't dictated over and we mostly become some great people. The org I'm talking about is gpcore-gpc-great paladine core and it's since not very active after leadership had gone offplanet but alot of us even after lvling our butts off to gain skills for pvp and all that finally found a spot in a suitable org.

I think I have a distant memory of the first gsp show I went to as intoxiod when I was a new player and it was very cool to be involved in even though we were surrounded by clanners and rather out of place in an uknown land it was still interesting.
    If I remember correctly it was Valaik warping to the secret location and one of the coolest people I've ever had the honor to know in a game Equimon was the leader.

Thanks all for the comments. Am spending the weekend trying to come up with a concept...if I can't find one though, don't be suprised if I come knocking at your guilds door to see if you have room for a new/old RP'er
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12