Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clan, lets kill all the neutral ANYTHING, towers, guards, characters.

Originally posted by lilnymph

Get rid of the sentinels, you create friends and allies amoung the neutrals, try and kill them you create enemies. Killing them creates Martyrs against clan agression

Hugs

lilnymph
    And why is it better to be friend with the neutrals instead of killing them?

Most neutrals just follow the flow and ally with the side they gain most from, I don't like false play.

Pick a side and stand by that!
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Wow, what a deep insight into the neutral's soul that is... yeah, right. *sighs*

I feel sorry for EO, whilst I in no way condone their actions, they do seem to have been duped to some extent.

EO are approached and offered a proposal, a very specific proposal.

For their own reasons, the decide to accept it.

NLC make the announcement, then Boss Ross calls a press confrence. Hmmm. Why did he feel the need to make a personal statement on the issue?

Then the merc arrive, and we find out they in fact have loose affiliations with Omni...

Is it just me, or does something smell a bit here?

(( OOC: wow, this has caused more political activity than has happened in a long time... wonder what's next...))
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    Most neutrals just follow the flow and ally with the side they gain most from, I don't like false play.
    Pick a side and stand by that!
    Why do you insist on lumping all Neutrals together? Not all neutral groups are the same.

False play? Pick a side and stand by it? How about picking a side then helping the other side? Thats what Omni & Clan do all the time. The people most loyal to their side are Neutrals.

How else do you explain, Clan & Omni attacking the thugs in NLC together? It seems as though Clan & Omni ally with the side that benefits them the most.

-Tifanyx

i heard that attacking the thugs had nothing to do with RP,, but to see what they dropped and based on who attacked them it makes sense
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

I have done nothing against the sentinels, others have.

It's not worth my time to get rid of something that isn't a threat to me, I let others do that work and I get rid of what bothering me, guards killing neutrals is nothing I have a problem with, guards killing clanners is something that I don't like and don't accept.
    hmm, Omni-1, Rome and other places are filled with clan killing guards...oh that's right you can't use the shops anyway.

I had a hard time understanding your logic until I realised you're just a selfish bastard...now it makes perfect sense.

Beware followers of Azzazzimon, if you bother him he will get rid of you, he said so. Don't bother asking him for help, he will not help you but instead let you do the work, he said so.

I wish you all the best Azzazzimon, selfishness has a tendency to turn around and bite you in the butt.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Originally posted by Tifanyx

Why do you insist on lumping all Neutrals together? Not all neutral groups are the same.

False play? Pick a side and stand by it? How about picking a side then helping the other side? Thats what Omni & Clan do all the time. The people most loyal to their side are Neutrals.

How else do you explain, Clan & Omni attacking the thugs in NLC together? It seems as though Clan & Omni ally with the side that benefits them the most.

-Tifanyx
    I didn't lump all together, that's why I said most, and from my experience most neutrals I have met do ally with those they gain most from at the moment.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Originally posted by Garret 'Necc' Scheer

hmm, Omni-1, Rome and other places are filled with clan killing guards...oh that's right you can't use the shops anyway.

I had a hard time understanding your logic until I realised you're just a selfish bastard...now it makes perfect sense.

Beware followers of Azzazzimon, if you bother him he will get rid of you, he said so. Don't bother asking him for help, he will not help you but instead let you do the work, he said so.

I wish you all the best Azzazzimon, selfishness has a tendency to turn around and bite you in the butt.
    Omni-1 and Rome are filled with omni guards, yes, and I'm fighting omnis, so don't really see your point.

And no, I'm not selfish at all, I help my own side in the war, not the other side or those that don't dare to pick a side(or pick the side that suit them best for the moment).

If you are a clanner, you will never need to worry about me, if you are omni or neutral, you should be aware of that I follow your actions.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Hmm ..

Hey

This post is going to be a little OOC and IC.

OOC : This whole thing is an IC/OOC mess. First of all, this situation with the sentinels is, at the moment, out of clanner control. As we all know, if you're a player or even a horde of player, getting FC to do some changes is *extremely* hard. Many clanners have tried to actively work against or to get rid of the sentinels. So far, it hasn't worked ..

Some neuts hire mercs and says they'll be gone when we've dealt with the Sentinels. Clans, omni and neuts alike know how hard this is to do, even if the majority of the clans want to get rid of them. FC has not proven willing to remove them so far.

In any case, OOC wise, most of us clanners don't actively kill neuts. That is, I and most others don't actively seek out neutrals to kill and we don't attack Newland or any other neutral cities. It's not possible. Thus, OOC-wise, we get killed in Newland for something we didn't do in the first place. We clanners are not the ones who control the sentinels. Those neuts who hired the merc have full control, however.

IC : I believe in the fight for freedom, and I also believe people should be free to take a neutral stand, even if I don't admire the stand they take. As long as they remain neutral, they're no enemy in my opinion. I am no fan of the "If you're not with us, you're against us", because I think it conflicts with clan ideals. The problem with neuts is that you don't know where you have'em .. So, if you're not sure, don't deal with them.

One problem is when the neuts as a whole acts as an extension of Omnitek. They're our neighbours, and omnitek can travel through neutral areas to launch attacks on us. We get attacked whenever we go to Newland by a hired omni-aligned thug.

The sentinels haven't been nice, and I can understand why neuts want to protect themselves against clanners, but think it over ..
    Clans getting killed in Newland because of hired OT mercs is *not* just percieved as means to protect oneself. The neuts as a whole are aligning themselves with our enemy. Even if that's not the message they want to get across, that's how things work at the moment.

OOC : It looks as if we can't get rid of the Sentinels IC-Wise, we're at war with both neuts and omni, both IC and OOC. If the neutrals are going to work as extensions of omnitek, I will fight them as well. To me, it may seem like that's where FC wants to take us.

OOC/IC : Anyhow, even if the sentinels disappear and the merc, we'll have less trust in neutrals than ever before. Still, neuts are our neighbours, and I don't want to see us clanners as worse oppressors than the omni already is. If I took a guess storywise on what FC had in mind, it would be .. "The little rebel people against the mighty, oppressing Corporation" .. I kinda like that. When I first started, I kinda wanted to be a freedom fighter. One of the good guys. Now, neutrals are the little people, and in a better Rubi-Ka, omnitek would be their oppressors. Not us clanners. Gods, I'm trailing off here .. Anyways, if I have to, I'll fight neuts too.

Bah, this is quite a rant. Food for thought I hope. I'm going home from work now .. ;p
    Last edited by Didymus; Feb 11th, 2003 at 14:15:40.

Originally posted by Garret 'Necc' Scheer

((non-rpers using this as a reason to "rp" gank and greif neutrals is just pathetic))
    That's classic.. It's griefing/ganking to attack a neutral now.

Lets put it this way..

You own a tower. You have decided to join in on the PvP portion of the game. You can/will be attack by anyone and everyone that decides to point a gun/swing a sword your way.

Don't want to get `ganked`? Don't join the PvP portion of the game.
    Rough "Elucidoc" Gropes - 216/12 Eternalist. President of Adrenaline Rush - Gear Inferno Dyna Killer
    Squishie "Metadate" Splat - 216/13 giMP. Adrenaline Rush - Gear Micro-MP w/ an attitude!
    Knuckle "Elucidate" Sammich - 213/9 Guru. Adrenaline Rush - Gear - Gimped MA
    Really "Elucifer" Evul - 50/0 Opifex Nano Tech (Evul twin of Taranoob)

Become more smarterer!

Originally posted by Fixerben

((Christ, the only person that could take him out would be the big fella in Camelot, wish I could remember his name, lol.))
    (( Actually, the Mongol Meat lady kicks his arse almost daily now. That's classic. ))
    Rough "Elucidoc" Gropes - 216/12 Eternalist. President of Adrenaline Rush - Gear Inferno Dyna Killer
    Squishie "Metadate" Splat - 216/13 giMP. Adrenaline Rush - Gear Micro-MP w/ an attitude!
    Knuckle "Elucidate" Sammich - 213/9 Guru. Adrenaline Rush - Gear - Gimped MA
    Really "Elucifer" Evul - 50/0 Opifex Nano Tech (Evul twin of Taranoob)

Become more smarterer!

Originally posted by awpti

That's classic.. It's griefing/ganking to attack a neutral now.

Lets put it this way..

You own a tower. You have decided to join in on the PvP portion of the game. You can/will be attack by anyone and everyone that decides to point a gun/swing a sword your way.

Don't want to get `ganked`? Don't join the PvP portion of the game.
    ((You kinda took my comment out of context, but that's ok I guess. It was aimed at Turin, and his admitted griefing. He was basically telling us that he was going to use this as a reason to make people angry, so he could laugh at them. Did you miss that?

Yes, I am trying to make people attack Neuts, cause, well, the whole whine thread regarding this stuff made me laugh big time, so, I wanna laugh some more listening to all the whiners who loose there stuff cause its a war and they dont like it. So im trying to stir up some trouble. See you on the battlefield.
    This part.))
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

OOC
    Funcom has said before that they don't want the neutrals as a faction, and we're playing into their hands...you want to kill the new NLC guards? fine...i may even join you...but don't use the storyline guards as an excuse to harass ALL neutral players...
    well, i guess i'll just hang in there and see how the storyline progresses... oh look! a CLAN fence-sitter!
    gank me!
    Atvar
    Board member of the Peewee Avengers

Well Lilnymph, it was quite easy for you to SAY that but, praytell, give us a clue on how to DO it.

Originally posted by lilnymph

oh, and hasn't it occured to you yet, that the quickest way to get rid of thes clan killing guards would be to get rid of the sentinels? It has already been stated that the contract only lasts as long as the sentinel threat is around.

hugs

lilnymph

Free Target

Hey great, I can be available if anyone wants to shoot me, I am a pacifist, and will never fire back. I am guildless, and neutral, and an adventurer...so basically that makes me a waste anyway, right? Just someone taking up precious space and using air...*giggle* so if you want to shoot me, I can schedule an appointment...*grin*
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Fixerben laughs and flips the safety off on his Manex.

Anyone shoots you I will shoot them.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234