Thread: OOC Arila here's most of Ephael's..

Post OOC Arila here's most of Ephael's..

stuff. My E mail is screwed up, don't know whats wrong with it. So I am sticking these short chapters here. Use if you like.))

The glass sailed end over end shattering loudly against the wall. Strong liqueur ran down the stoic visage of Philip Ross. Ephael couldn't remember clearly how the painting had found its way into her Rome apartment.

She chuckled lowly,"Look at what my god has done to me." She whirled away from the dark eyes of the Omni-tek chairman. Today was a trying day for her. She had those, when the rage was almost unbearable.

Eric Miller, the name floated through her mind, now he was her creator. She was notum addicted, nanobot bound to the world of Rubi-Ka. Most wanted notum for wealth she could not survive apart from it.The war for Rubi-Ka was very real to her, it was her life.

The ability to manifest her rage into a tangible form was a talent of hers that grew by leaps and bounds. A mysterious dark pulse had begun to flow through her long ago, tied to notum energy, tied to something... else. Yes,a mysterious inscrutable intangible force burned deep with in her.

Turning back to the portrait of Ross she could see the shadow of her pale reflection in the cracked glass within the frame. The nanobots, the notum ravaged her body yet strengthened her mind, her sixth elemental sense. She had been doing well in the cradle of Omni Reform/Re education, helping others back into the family. She felt some of her control slowly returning.

She moved away from the painting and over to the softly beeping terminal upon her desk. Reclining in her soft leather chair she had strange emotions welling up from deep within her. Disjointed memories of a purring husky voice, soft hands on her temples, pain. Her eyes shot open. Her face was wet. What was happening to her? She had come so far. Done so well.

She held her dark gloved trembling hands up in front of her. These elegant fingers had caressed the minds of others as well. She had shown them the sacred intensity where pleasure and pain become one, the pinacle of mind shattering ecstacy. Her hands ceased to tremble as they dropped down into her lap. Yes this was the way she would walk. Through the wonders of the labyrinth tied to the essence of shadow. To hope, to look beyond the sacred order was to invite madness. She had to focus the anger, before the anger corrupted her, and unseated her proper vision.

Most laughed at anything other than pure science and measurable data. She however had not forgotten the currents of delicious shadow that flowed through everything, and yes greatly through the notum. There was a pulling, a drawing forward she felt. She was positive she was part of an order that exhalted and crushed at once. There was no creature in the end that would escape being consumed.

There was a power that extended from the One that whispered to all people in their dreams, many may call nightmares. As far as man had come there were still the darker parts of self most wanted to forget, most wanted to never acknowledge. This was her path. Sometimes she felt the vastness of the oblivion and instictively forced herself to immediately disconnect. It was too much for a single mind, or a single spirit. The tendrils came up from time to time, and caressed them all, she was certain of it. In their hatred, in their anger, in their red visioned blood lust, in their exquisite desire for the flesh.

Where was the line between genius and madness? Where was the line between love and hate? Pain and pleasure? The truth was, when they all flowed together as one in the highest intensity of shadow it was the purity of divinity.

Ephael watched the impeccably dressed woman engage the holo-recorder, then seat herself across from her. This was Xhal, her purpose was to further examine Ephael with a tailor made battery of questions to see if she was indeed Omni-Reform material. Ephael regarded her with cool indifference.

Xhal smiled slowly, brushing a wisp of blond hair from her eyes. "Now Ephael, I will break from Reform tradition and be succinct." Ephael nodded. "We have been very pleased with the cases we have had you handle. You've done very well with those 'test' subjects, however we are interested in offering you a more developed role in the department."

Xhal shifted slightly forward. "In order for such a thing to occur, you will need a higher level clearence." Ephael nodded again showing a tad more interest. "We need to expand your profile." Xhal's eyes focused more sharply on Ephael as she continued.

"There has been concern about your ideas of this force you regard as the One. Such a thing needs to be clarified as it could cause distinct problems down the line. I would like you to elaborate." Ephael chuckled softly, relaxing now that she understood the intent of the auditors probe.

"I understand why the department would be concerned if they had recruited a romantic lost in shallow mythical tripe." Xhal smiled slightly. "The One, let me be address the concern directly." Ephael lightly cleared her throat. "The romantic language that I have used is not to suggest that this source is 'god' as ancient propaganda once perpetuated upon Earth. The One is simply a source. It should not be misconstrued with myths grown out from sheep herding former slaves."

Xhal motioned, waving her silent. "Very well, if you do not believe in that ancient concept what is this One?"

"I will tell you what I believe." Ephael continued. "The One is quite simply the source of energy that becomes spirit, that becomes matter. It is indeed where the ignorant project personification. The most ancient societies believed in many gods with various spheres of power, the later societies proclaimed one 'god', its all romantic misintepretation of the source. The simple can not resist the urge to make it like us, as is it is inscrutable, profound and non- sentient in the sense we would use the word."

"I see what you mean, however what is most important is that your beliefs we consider irrational, do not interfer with your duties." Xhal replied.

A cold smile touched Ephael's lips. "You have watched me at work. Do I seem conflicted?"
    Xhal involuntarily cringed.

"No, I must say I have never seen anyone perform your type of work with as much single minded purpose and concentration. You do not seem to be phased by doing exactly what is required of you without falter. That is one of the prime reasons for this continued dialogue." Xhal paused. "This Source then, would most consider it benign or malevolent?"

Ephael chuckled again in amusement. "Good or evil? The One has produced all spectrums. Some cultivate darker aspects, some what would be considered light. Some walk between both worlds. Now there are meta-physical beings that are benign and malevolent. Some of great power. None I would regard as a divine though. Close, but not so."

Xhal stood quickly offering a hand to Ephael. "We shall continue this later. On less abstract subjects. For now I can say, most should be satisfied."

Ephael studied the fellow through the one way glass. Nargol was his name. She had spent, what seemed an eternity,in raw communication with his mind.Omni Reform, in particular, the re education unit, had set this test before her. Nargol was a well known Omni employee who had vanished. Time told a story of his recruitment into the Clans.

The re education unit made it clear to Ephael that they wanted Nargol returned to the family. Not only was he a star employee in the past, he now possessed crucial information that could be used to find more effective ways to deal with the Clan, and more importantly, turn them to the corporate cause.

Ephael was beyond exhausted. His will had proven formidable, she suspected for a time she would fail. Then she had stumbled across the root reason for his change, an object where a large portion of his emotion was invested,..a child. After shattering his mind with waves of assaults she quietly introduced horrid visions of the demise of his beloved offspring. Hours of the darkest creative effort on Ephael's part finally had him pleading for release. Offering anything, just for the images to stop. It was then Ephael left him. Even she was close to breaking at this point.

She was aware of Xhal standing near her."I don't know how you cracked that one. You will be recognised for this, in a few circles." Ephael barely heard her, still unbalanced from her own tormenting visions. These currents flowed from a shadowy source that Ephael was quick to call upon anymore. It occured to her perhaps she was using this force far too often for her own personal gain. As certain as she knew this, she also knew she would not be leaving that dark labyrinth of shadow essence anytime soon, if ever.

Nargol was a mess of sweat, tears and blood. She had resorted to instruments only twice. In any case, she would need to clean him up. She would need to build up his vision and assign him a raison d'etre again. It was remarkable to her, how she could turn her images of torment to dark pleasure unimagined by most, and suddenly her most hated disciple was her most ardent follower.When Omni did discover the depth of her power and the wicked forces she invited into Rubi-ka, it would already be far too late.

She wiped her brow, recognizing she was smiling again. Xhal shivered near her.

Nargol had passed though affliction, now he was destined for addiction.
    Last edited by Gorgetha; Feb 9th, 2003 at 05:08:08.
    Gorgetha
    Priestess of the Unspeakable
    Omni Meta-physicist (RK1 Atlantean)

Post re p4

Ephael awoke with a sudden start. He apartment was silent, too silent, and very dark. The familiar hum of her computer terminal, the various appliances, all missing. She sat up slowly listening to her own soft breath. Lightning crashed outside breifly illuminating the small apartment.

She gasped in terror. She was not alone. She frantically pawed across her nightstand seeking her heavy pistol. In her haste she inadvertently swiped it off the stand. She heard the pistol scurry across the stand top, clattering to the floor.

She tried to speak to her intruder, but all she could manage was a barely audible whisper. The lightning crashed again. The form was closer, near her bed. She sought to quickly rise to meet this threat, however she was merely tangled in her covers to slide to the floor with a gasp and a thud.

Dark gloved hands produced a narrow rod, snapping it into what Ephael believed to be a gunstock. The intruder was assembling a rifle right in front of her. This took a measure of arrogance that infuriated Ephael.

"Thought you were the only one that would miss, Nargol?" quipped the odd female voice. To hell with the pistol. Ephael heard thunder crash, again the light. She was on her feet.Icy energy poured from Ephael striking her would be assassin. Her throat constricted tight as she saw Xhal's face, then a male face, then back to Xhal's.

She sought to smite the intruder again, and then summon forth her anger servent, but she was not there. All she could see were images of deep ancient stone corridors before her. Wicked tendrils of ink suddenly vomited forth consuming her. In a second she was filled, invaded, smothered by shadow essence.

All the intruder saw was her standing mute, a look of horror etched on her face. The intruder chuckled lowly letting go with a few well placed volleys from the high powered rifle. Ephael spun slamming hard into the wall behind her, then slumped to the floor. Darkness was now enveloping her mind as well.She heard the assassin begin to go through her belongings.

She was aware of being very cold.It was as if fingers of ice, lighter than breath were passing through her flesh, raking down across the bone. She was outside. Yes, at Harry's Outpost, this was the last place she had insured. The lightning crashed, midnight thunder rolled over her.She was in a ball,trembling on the ground. The rain began to pour down upon her. She found her voice, a cry of indecipherable rage tore from her throat. She was unsure exactly what had just unfolded, but someone would indeed pay a very heavy price.

When her wits were about her and she could travel, she immediately made her way back to Rome Blue. She sought Xhal straight away. It took some arguing to get through her attendent, but finally Ephael was successful.

Xhal's blurry eyes rapidly cleared as Ephael related the story to her. "Since you have joined with Reform your apartment has been monitored." Xhal stated reluctantly. "Perhaps we can glean some information." Xhal sat at her personal terminal, typing various access codes, then inserted an encrypted disk. She motioned for Ephael to approach as she scanned through the banks for the evening.

"Here." Xhal slowed the fast scanning image to play. "All your power is indeed dead."
    "But it didn't get the camera?" Ephael added.
    "They are self sufficient." Xhal sighed. Ephael watched as Xhal slowed the images. She did indeed rake her things to the floor and fall. An odd sense of dread filled Ephael as she recognized there was nothing, no dark form with a rifle.
    Xhal glanced at her non plussed.
    "He was cloaked." She suggested. Ephael's eyes quickly returned to the monitor when she heard her scream from the terminal. She was writhing in pain.Stumbling to the floor, she located her pistol. She watched in stark horror as she raised the weapon up to her temple.

Ephael sat at a small bare metallic table ouside of a meeting room in Omni Reform. Xhal had bid her to stay put where she was while she conferred with one Ephael had never had the privilege to meet, the Director.

Ephael could not absorb everything that had occurred. The fact that she had been secretly monitored since her acceptance now disturbed her. Why did the intruder appear as Xhal, or for that matter even know what Xhal looked like. The data from her room told a different story. How could this be? What Ephael had experienced was so surreal that she was completely unsure what the truth of the matter was.

She sighed bowing her head. She wondered what was being said of her that would seal her fate. She let her mind drift and oddly enough the soft muffled voices became closer and clearer. She completely surrendered herself to the feeling.

"She is a failure." Ephael heard Xhal's voice.

"No, she is an experiment." Replied a purring strangely familiar voice.

"Exactly a failed one. We have to pull the plug on this."

"No, I am afraid not. You can not judge the success or failure of such a venture so quickly."

"She is a danger to herself and the rest of us." Xhal was flabbergasted.

"The experiment will proceed as planned." The other asserted.

"Re education is demanding on any soul, not to mention one in her position. Place her on indefinate leave. Give her time."

"We don't have time. She will continue. We are too close to success to become squeamish now."

"What happens when she folds, or self destructs for the last time?"

"You will bury the pieces."

"I want my objections noted for the record." Xhal sighed in frustration.

"Done. Now do your job, before I find another who will."

Ephael's mind quickly returned to her as the heavy meeting room door hissed open. Xhal's was flushed, her face colored with much frustration she tried desperately to hide. She brushed a wisp of blonde hair from her eyes forcing a smile.

Ephael's jaw was set, her face coldly stoic. 'The pawn shall become the Queen,' She thought. She was unsure of her developing abilities,as well as the bizarre forces and events around her. She was however sure, no matter what she would survive, she would learn, she would grow.
    Last edited by Gorgetha; Feb 9th, 2003 at 02:16:43.
    Gorgetha

Post re P5

"Death to my vision,
    Blind I shall serve,
    Inciting God war"

The dreams would not leave Ephael be. Each time she sought rest in the dark waters of her mind, she was beckoned. The siren call was deep, unrelenting, maddening. She sat up in frustration. The dark gloves, the purring voice, filled her mind. What had been done to her? What was happening to her?

She could no longer resist the urge. She must have answers. In the veil of the night she found her way to Xhal's apartment. She knew there could be great ramifications for what she was about to do, however her level of desperation insisted she act. She summoned forth her mind assaulting slave, setting it upon the attendant by Xhal's door. The Mindreaver tittered with delight. The armed attendant dropped his weapon staring blankly ahead.

Ephael swore softly. In her haste she never considered she didn't possess the access code to Xhal's abode. Suddenly, the Mindreaver turned on her. She felt its bizarre strands of thoughts pierce into her mind. "See." It rasped. The number pad before her blurred, then one number seemed the brightest, then another. With trembling hands she pressed them sequentially. She gasped softly as the door hissed open and the Mindreaver relinquished her. It turned back on the guard caressing him softly to sleep.

The interior of the apartment was dim. She carefully scanned her surroundings. The Mindreaver floated in behind her as the door closed. She had never seen the creation behave so independently, but was glad for it.

She narrowed her eyes at Xhal's computer terminal, moving quickly towards it. Settling in the chair she began entering codes to bring up 'subjects' information files. She knew the general procedure, but nothing advanced. Deciding to search the Reform re education files, she entered her own name under the on going case files. She swore, as "access denied, classified" flashed upon the screen. Now, was there information there, or was she being simply denied the function? If it was there and she was being barred from it, then indeed she was an on going case.

A strange mixture of dread and rage began flowing through her. She searched the lower desk drawers. Yes, she found the shining encryption disk. After placing it in the drive the screen became alive with what seemed an infinite numbers of characters. How would she extract patterns from this? "See." rasped the Mindreaver. It tittered with delight as it invaded her mind. Again her vision blurred, some characters became brighter.

"Thats enough." The husky voice snapped Ephael out of her trance. Xhal approached in a robe, pistol in one hand leveled at Ephael's head. "How could you be so foolish?" Xhal whispered in disappointment. Xhal calmly turned her pistol on the terminal monitor and shot it. Sparks flew and it dimmed, shattered. The outerdoor opened, in rushed the guard. Ephael swore hotly.
    In a moment the Mindreaver was upon the attending guard, pacifying him.

Ephael used the opportunity of distraction to close with Xhal, in effect,tackling her. The pistol flew from her grip as she sprawled out on the floor. Ephael mounted Xhal, grabbing her face between her gloved hands. "You have trapped me in this veil of tears. I will have answers."

Ephael shut her eyes listening to Xhal shriek in terror. She seized her mind. Ephael opened her eyes. The familiar ancient stone walls surrounded her, the extreme cold rolled over her, enveloping her. Xhal scurried away from her looking wildly about as Ephael stood.
    "What have you done? What trick is this?" She cried. Ephael felt the dread melting and the living shadow well up within her.
    Xhal swore in disbelief and horror. Ephael knew she witnessed the shadow bleeding into her eyes, filling them til they were lightless wells.Ephael watched Xhal back away confused, trying to assess her surroundings. There was no guard, and no pistol on the floor. Undoubtedly she was just beginning to notice the bizarre designs covering the walls.
    "Stop this, Ephael. We can still go back. I will see you are not punished." Xhal's voice wavered.

Ephael chuckled her breath blasting out before her. "Punished? You have already done quite enough."
    "Far below the waking mind, is the labyrinth." Ephael whispered partly to herself.
    "What?" Xhal cried in frustration.

Ephael gestured wickedly sharp at Xhal assaulting her mind, briefly stunning her. She approached, without hesitation running small daggers through either of her hands, pinning her to the wall. Xhal shrieked, the pain bringing her out of her daze.Blood ebbed from the vicious wounds. Xhal struggled briefly then began to sob in despair.
    "I warned them." She said brokenly.

Ephael studied her closely."I see many things. Things that would turn most minds to useless jelly. What have you done to me?" Ephael hissed threateningly. Xhal wept more openly.
    "I swear. I do not know. He told me nothing. He knows." Ephael knew full well the 'He' was the Director. For some reason she did not believe her or perhaps she merely wanted her to suffer. A cold smile touched her dark lips. In this realm Ephael could do as she pleased.

Xhal's pleading fell on distant ears as Ephael removed her organic gloves. Ephael's fingers easily parted the soft flesh of Xhal's thigh, descending deep within, searching for nerve and bone. Xhal trembled, gasping brokenly as the white hot pain filled her. Ephael kissed her on the neck as she found the nerve she was looking for. Xhal didn't last long before she started to black out. Ephael withdrew ,she could not have that happening, she might escape. She stuck one pale crimson stained finger in her mouth, regarding Xhal's groggy form with darkened eyes.

"Perhaps you don't know anything." She drawled. "Os Sacrum" Ephael chuckled. "The Sacrificial Bone." Ephael was amused as Xhal stared at the wicked wound on her thigh through glassy half open eyes. It had ceased to bleed. "Poor Xhal, like I, you must walk the Bridge of Ordeals."

Ephael approached Xhal again, the rage within her burning out of control. "Facet Berzack." She spat. "Do you know what it means?"
    "Wha-?" Xhal managed.
    "The space between resurrection and death, your destiny." Ephael provided. Her hand reached deep into Xhal and up into her ribcage producing her heart. She held it before her momentarily regarding its still beating wet flesh before she froze it completely. Xhal spasmed once, her eyes wide open, her mouth gaping in a silent scream, before she collapsed. Ephael broke the heart off from its host, tossing it to the stone floor, it was dashed to pieces.

Slow languid applause caused her to spin. No one could be here, save who she invited. Instantly she recognized the cloaked figure. The dark gloved hands. The purring voice.
    "Your progress is admirable. You are at the perfect point of developement to reach into the shadow realm." He gestured back to Xhal. "She isn't going to reclaim. Imagine being able to spirit slay your offenders in your own mind." Ephael warily regarded him.
    "Its a simple story really, Xhal failed her performance review." He paused, she could feel him smiling. "And you were up for promotion."

"Will you give me answers?" Ephael queried. His replied immediately.
    "Yes." he continued, walking slowly in a circle before her. "I will offer up this advice. Remembering your past invites oblivion. You can no longer dwell in a world of sentiment. He inspires us to ever greater heights. No vastness of space shall be free from the will of man." Ephael's brows furrowed.
    "He?" The Director nodded.
    "You have felt the shadow?" He queried.
    "Yes."
    "Then you are beginning the path of perfection to Him."

"What are these visions, these dreams? I.." he waved sharply cutting her off.
    "He is chained by the laws of the universe, bound to the labyrinth, He reaches us through visions and dreams."
    He approached her, pulling back his hood. That face. Her mind spun. The assassin! He smiled his eyes beginning to fill with darkness like hers had sometime ago. "You have studied these runed walls. Understand the truth. One is unity, two is diversity. Seven are the Darks, Seven are the realms."

He grasped her shoulders tightly."The flesh must be subjected to the sacred patterns of the labyrinth and known by the Black Diamond of Order." He stepped away, suddenly Ephael was aware of the tendrils of shadow essence again. They were upon her. They passed through her clothes to her pale flesh. They caressed her completely. They poured across her, gradually passing deep between her thighs and into her.

She sprawled out on the cold stone floor as the shadow essence filled her with ecstacy that pulsed, shifting to pain, then back again. The intensity was increasing as it flowed from her womb up through her, squeezing her heart to finally explode in her mind. She arched her back as black ichor oozed out the sides of her dark mouth. Searing pleasure and pain were no longer seperate but indistinguishable.

She saw vast expanses of alien land before her, fantastic, breath taking. Beneath it all she could feel the pulse of the 'Leviathan', it loosely was called. She understood, she saw.
    She witnessed a shadowy army formed in a circle before her. "Schetrum of the Vamacharins." She whispered through dark stained lips. Some how she knew these ritualistic left hand followers were to be her people. Was she destined to step forward as damnation personifed? Were some doors best left unopened?

Gasping loudly, she sat up drenched with sweat in her bed. She could hear the top day's stories echoing in the distance from her terminal."Today a well known Omni Official in the Department of Reform, and a member of the unit of re education was found brutally murdered. Currently there is an on going search for this man, Nargol Vilmere. Recently he was rescued from clan agents and de progammed by the Department. He is missing today and is a prime suspect as he was under the direct supervision of Ms.Isande.
    Authorities are offering a reward from any information leading to his capture...."

OOC this is her history to almost current..
    Last edited by Gorgetha; Feb 9th, 2003 at 05:11:14.
    Gorgetha

Cool, ill add it tomorrow, need some sleep
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"