Thread: ((OOC)) Terminology

((OOC)) Terminology

Totaly OOC.

I have a son, who will one day play MMO games. I would like to hope that the envirionemt would be relatively free of foul language and Obscenity.

I know I know there is an 18+ stamp on the box, and nothing quite sounds like F@%& YOU!

My question is are there terms or slang developed already for the AO timeframe?

Its hard to role play an extremist without phrases like "All f@&^ing clanners must f@%&^ing die." But on the other hand, I want to respect the rights of the player behind the toon by not being profane. Last thing in the world an RPer needs to do is cheese off the people he plays with.

Any ideas or comments?
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

OOC

Well the terms I usually get are "dirt eating" "filthy" "barbaric" "scumbag" "terrorist" "ignorant" "criminal" "thug" "worthless" "traitor"... et cetera ad naseum. I could go on for awhile, but I think you get the idea. These are usually pretty efficient at getting the point across and are not offensive out of character.

For further anti-clan insults/adjectives, talk to Marliman or Vorteks. They were very creative in previous "discussions" and get by without "naughty" words.

Not that there needs to be too much more anti clan babbling anyway!
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Some of us have taken to using "frell" from the TV show Farscape.

It basically performs the functions of the f-word without being the f-word.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: Well I usually like>

{{Dirtchute, for clanners, when I am feeling base.

Daftlings, as a norm or generic when I am feeling 'nice'.))

*waves at Uwen*
    Gorgetha
    Priestess of the Unspeakable
    Omni Meta-physicist (RK1 Atlantean)

OOC

*waves back*

I guess you can check with Ephael on the matter as well

Havent seen much in the way of clanner insults towards OT. Filthy, fascist, oppressors, that sort of thing. Problem is, most OmniTek employees dont care

Talking re I get called "the man" alot

Hello? :P

I did have a clanner when I first started AO over on RK2. I usually called OT, "Souless drones, Greedy bottom feeders, and Boss Ross's Hogs."
    Gorgetha
    Priestess of the Unspeakable
    Omni Meta-physicist (RK1 Atlantean)

Originally posted by Jynne
    Some of us have taken to using "frell" from the TV show Farscape.

It basically performs the functions of the f-word without being the f-word.
    Actually 'frell' came from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

OOC

Yeah, Ben is right. Jynne probably just forgot her towel

And yes, I forgot the drones and pigs and thugs insults, thanks for the reminder Eph!

Ah, well, it's been a while since I've brushed up on my Douglas Adams *sigh*

Still, we took it from Farscape... or rather, Travesty took it from Farscape and passed it to the rest of us. Except some of us just curse anyway.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Ah, well, it's been a while since I've brushed up on my Douglas Adams *sigh*
    That's what happens when you spend all your time reading those Jello Wrestling magazines. ^_-
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit