Thread: First Report From The Front Published

First Report From The Front Published

AO Vault

I hope to be even more detailed in the future, and perhaps make some interviews with a few of the heads of the organizations that are most active in the war.

It's hard to find battles randomly, so you know I'd love to get a tell to either Theocide or Tenfour, or an email to theocide@utterly.org if you know of battle going down somewhere.
    Tenfour, Scienceleet, Abhaya, all on Atlantean
    AO Stuff

Talk about biased reporting. That totally cast a shadow on all the Clans...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I didn't think it put the Clans in a bad light. Kronocide is Clan himself and if it seems that it does make the Clans look bad, it would probably be due to overcompensation.

Good work, Kronocide!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Thanks Nevver. I understand that my efforts to remain objective will upset some of my more dedicated Clan brethren. In fact, I usually have a harder time explaining to my Clan friends why I can't help out in the battle, than I have avoiding being attacked by Omnis (probably because they don't percieve me as a threat, I am unarmed and unbuffed).

Also, please note that I don't have complete editorial control. My editor was forced to remove an initial paragraph for some reason, where I listed the involved Clan organizations, and that the contested area belonged to Vengeance of the Clans when it was attacked.

As for the outcome of the battle, I can only report what happens.
    AO Stuff

No I totally understand your Objectivity. You just made the OT employees look like Rangers in the Sunset with the last pic...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Fixerben
    No I totally understand your Objectivity. You just made the OT employees look like Rangers in the Sunset with the last pic...
    That's because everyone knows that Omnis are the heroes and the Clanners are the bad guys!
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Taking pictures during battle, and in the presence of the enemy, is not an easy task. I will use the few that come out intelligible. This is the first report, no doubt the honors will be served evenly over time.

I won't polish the truth when reporting from a battle the Clans have lost to make them look better. That would be a betrayal of my profession, and ultimately dishonor the Clans as well.

Edit:
    Luckily for all of us, Nevver is not a journalist.
    AO Stuff

Originally posted by Kronocide
    Luckily for all of us, Nevver is not a journalist.
    You have no idea...
    Nevver grins an evil grin.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    I didn't think it put the Clans in a bad light. Kronocide is Clan himself and if it seems that it does make the Clans look bad, it would probably be due to overcompensation.

Good work, Kronocide!
    Not to flame or anything, but I realy think that ANY light on Claners is bad light...Dirty, unshaven ...Dont even get me started on the men either...And would it kill ya to buy is stick of Stink Buster?

;D
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

See? The most important reason that I should never be selective with facts or adjust the story for the sake of "troop morale" or whatever, is that the truth is what separates us from Omni-Tek.

Not truth as in "our version of the story" but the real, sometimes uncomfortable but always honest, truth. The day you see me write THE CLAN IS YOUR FRIEND is when you know you might as well defect.
    AO Stuff

Bravo Krono! You're absolutely right with your last statement. Lets hope the only propaganda that comes from the clans is from the Sentinels and almsot all clanners hate them anyway.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Report looked fine to me. Only way clans could be seen in a bad light there is if your pride is easily hurt...Clans lost this time.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'