Thread: Events calendar!

Exclamation Events calendar!

We have an events calendar for you now. This should make it easier for both you and us to see what's happening on Rubi-Ka. It's mainly for player events, so don't expect to see "Secret attack by Dust Brigade" there.

An article about it:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/3120L

and the calendar itself:

http://ark.anarchy-online.com/calendar/calendar.php

Put it to use, and let us know what you think.

Thumbs up w00t!

Yay!!!! Thanks for getting this together
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

Wow what a great idea, and well implented as far as I can see

Top marks FC

Talking WTG

*Jumps, cheering happily*

Tho make the events last for 2 days each.... i'm in Hong Kong and miss most of it. *cwies*

Cool Super!

Shout ding and do your backflip, this is definatly worth a level

Calender is great but u need a link on the AO home web page to it
    Asal
    Doctor
    Appartment 5 Tir
    Proud member of Rubi-ka2
    http://www.guildportal.com/guildHome.asp?GuildID=1117

I seem to be having problems posting on the Events Calendar!

No matter what I post, it seems to never show up. Even after getting my info via e-mail and confirming.

Any ideas?

THanks

Aktrez
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

Audit of Event Calendar as of 23:00PDT June 27, 2002

Funcom, you’ll be delighted to know that I, CompanyMan, have audited your Event Calendar entries for accuracy in treatment of time zones. I have analyzed the data and presented them so that you may see how well your time zone help is working. All events on the calendar as of about 23:00 PDT, June 27, 2002 are used. Here are my results:

RESULTS:
    Results are color coded. Completely correct Contains incorrect or misleading information Contains incomplete information
    • 7 events placed time and date in text which matched the calendar. No misleading time issues in text. Congratulations to those 7!!!
    • 8 events were off by one hour because of daylight savings confusion or may be correct but have incorrect or misleading daylight savings information in the text.
    • 4 events had confusing or incorrect time zone related information. (Does not include the preceding 8.)
    • 4 events got the date wrong or had potential confusion in the date.
    • 44 events listed no time in the text forcing us to rely on the calendar time only.
    • 2 events listed a time but not a date.
    • 2 events listed times without a time zone.

CONCLUSION:
    Funcom Events Team, people seem to submit on the order on one event per day to your events calendar. It would take very little effort to just make sure that the times/dates are listed in the text, with time zone and daylight savings information correct and there is no other misleading time related information. Time zones are confusing and you have an obligation to help out the community by making sure inaccurate information doesn’t get into your calendar.

RAW DATA:
    Raw data is listed from latest to earliest, RK1 first, followed by RK2.
    Rubi-Ka 1:
    • Special Edition of (September event) got the date wrong listing it as Sunday which would be Sept, 1 but it is Sept. 2 in the calendar.
    • Omni-AF didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Agentsector.com B-Day got the 20:00 GMT part right, but in their attempt to be helpful and list 3pm EST, they screwed up. 20:00 GMT is 16:00 EDT or 4pm Eastern.
    • Knights in Camelot Shin’dig is off by 24 hours.
    • Million Credit Comedy Hours and Grand Party is scheduled to start at 6pm PST rather than PDT, so the GMT will be one hour later.
    • IR Beach party doesn’t have a starting time listed in the text description.
    • Masked Crusaders Creation listed the time, but not the time zone. The time listed would be accurate for Central Daylight Time.
    • Reethead Universe Bash got it right
    • Fundraiser at GoS didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Athen Restoration Fundraising (same event as above) also didn’t list the time in the text
    • Indoctri-Nation New Age Bash doesn’t list a time zone in the text or the starting time, but does list a 1:00 am announcement of winners without any time zone.
    • Dream Date Auction listed the right time in the text, but called it EST instead of EDT.
    • DJ Tarryk & Metalynx on Mission Wednesdays doesn’t list a time in the text.
    • Dragon Security Free Buffing got it right.
    • Gathering of Soul didn’t list a starting time in the text.
    • New Guild didn’t list a time in the text.
    • The Odyssey Performance didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Birthday Party!!! didn’t list a time in the text.
    • New Unique listed the time in the text as 9pm EST, and the time in the event calendar is 9pm EST, so if it was supposed to be 9pm Eastern, then the GMT would have been off by one hour.
    • Red Freedom Returns didn’t list a time in the text.
    • DJ Tarryk Birthday Bash didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Lev River’s Big (White) Birthday Bash didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Clan Party for all Professions didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Party in Reet Retreat (TJA) didn’t list a time in the text.
    • The Jobe Alliance Social didn’t list a time in the text.
    • DJ Bocos Live Bash at Reets got the time right, but should have been clearer in the text because in one paragraph says Thursday and in another says 2:00 GMT which is actually early Friday morning continuing from Thursday.
    • Party in Newland City didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Democracy Now!!! New Omni Organization go the time wrong (unless they in Indiana) because of the EST/EDT confusion.
    • 8th BureauCon got it right.
    • Prez Party! listed a time in the text as RST. What is RST? It seems to be GMT+0.
    • Live Talk and Rock Off with DJ Tarryk didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Omni A-F Begind Enemy Lines didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Party in Newland City didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Fundraiser for Rubi-Ka schools didn’t list a time in the text, but a time was listed in the text for the Miss Rubi-Ka preliminaries. That time is off by one day listing May11th in the text and May 10 in the calendar and by one hour listing 9pm et in the text but showing 20:00 EDT for the event.
    • Miss Rubi-Ka Preliminaries lists 9pm et but shows 20:00 EDT in the calendar.
    • Search and Rescue Operation got it right.
    • Party at Neuters’r’Us didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Crime Clan didn’t list a time in the text.
    • 7th BureauCon got it right.
    • The Odyssey didn’t list a time in the text.
    Rubi-Ka 2:
    • Guild Fair didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Miss&Mister Rubi-Ka Election got the time right but should have listed a date in the text.
    • Clan Leaders Meeting didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Hunting Expedition got it right.
    • Bureaucrat Summit didn’t list a time in the text.
    • AdvPRO didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Party! didn’t list a time in the text.
    • All Greek Meeting lists (GR 01:00pm GMT+2) in the text and in the calendar is 22:00 GMT. No date is listed in the text. At this time Greece is GMT+3 not GMT+2. If it were (GR 1am GMT+3), the calendar and text would match.
    • Military Tribual of Division 3 Colonel listed 1pm EST and added (GMT-5) which is only true in Indiana. They got it wrong by one hour.
    • Division 3 Academy Graduation didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Meet your fellow Citizens didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Division 3 Academy Graduation didn’t list a time in the text.
    • The Street Conference didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Fixer Union Looking for Members didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Rubi-Ka Grand PvP Circuit didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Join the New NCSO Dept didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Recruitment didn’t list a time in the text.
    • First Annual Ironman got the time right but didn’t list the date in the text.
    • Help Newbie Weekend didn’t list a time in the text, but seems to be an ongoing event.
    • End of the Road or Bust didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Help the Newbie Day didn’t list a time in the text
    • Intelligence Briefing didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Devil’s Night didn’t list a time in the text.
    • Gunfight @ OK Corral got it right.

Hey, you forgot my fashion show/party...

It's incorrect! The party is on the 30th...

THE PARTY/FASHION SHOW IS ON JULY 30th, NOT JULY 31st!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

From CompanyMan via the very friendly AO-Basher user, (insert your name here - oh that'll be me

*His account is inactive briefly, and asked me very nicely if he could reply to your reply so here it is*

MissMaul, the date is actually correct because you are probably looking at the calendar in the default setting which is GMT. In GMT, your event does start on July 31 though it is still July 30 where you are. However, you have not accounted for daylight saving time. If the party is supposed to start at 6pm in Los Angeles time, then it should start at 01:00 GMT. It is listed as 02:00 GMT because you set the time in PST rather than PDT. What this means is that Europeans depending on the calendar will show up one hour late.

I don't think I forgot to include your event as I don't think it was posted yet at the time of my audit. I would love to have included it because it adds evidence that Funcom has to get its act in gear with regard to the inadequacy of their scheduling system.

Have fun at the fashion show/party,
    CompanyMan

..woops

Oookay, I will remember that next time...I think it happened with Tarryk's birthday a while back, as well...Same time after all.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Red face Who's sleepin?

Well the Amoeba II Party went off last night without a hitch. It was a grand success. However, I submited a request that it be put on the calendar almost a week ago. It never made it

Who's sleepin?
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

AGain, I am having difficulties with the calendar. I sent in a few submittions last week. and they are still not up. Any ideas
    ?
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

Unhappy I agree

All the submittions I made never made it to the calander. It says it will take a few days (which is too long). For now I am using the Neon Zebra calandar for our public guild events.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Please delete my event on the rebirth of the spirits of Rubi-Ka... it was submitted 3 weeks in advance and never appeard on the boards untill after it happened with nobody showing up.

Exclamation Mismatched events calanders?

When I click on calanders, Cz, the calander it takes me to is DIFFERENT than the link that you have, just an FYI.

Hmm

Thanks for posting my event though, it should help to get people to participate in it, and get a whole bunch of stuff done..sheesh looking at the other calander all I see is all kinds of birthdays...through december 2004? That's quite a bit.

I think the calendar you're looking at them is the bulletin board calendar. That's something entirely different. It's just a part of the bulletin board software.

Actually, I think I might kill that calendar, and have the 'calendar' link go to the events calendar...

I like the calendar

[EDIT] I'm a moron for not actually looking at the page. I think I'll try to actually organize something now. A nice little "party for peace" is in due order.
    Last edited by Kyrstina; Dec 13th, 2002 at 22:04:32.

Seeing my old post here, I might add that I have now made the link on the calendar button point to the events calendar.