Thread: WHere do we PVp - Just MMD - ? thats terrible

WHere do we PVp - Just MMD - ? thats terrible

Forget all the various issues with PVp - How about we have some more areas where it can actually take place.

2h0 now has guards, this effectively means the only place clan/omni fight is in tir arena or mmd, that is terrible..

Post ur comments if u agree ..

2ho always has guards.
    Just not near the grid.
    Where you come in.

Kapish?

well that's not very sporting of you

There aren't many who would say PvP in AO is perfect. Bugs, 'sploits, and profession imbalances (FunCom's love child and so on) just a cursory list of problems involved. But that's not what I'm here to rant about. No, I'm here with the good news. The PvP gospel if you will.

The following are 3 types of PvP you might see on your way to work on Rubi Ka. I'm sure there are more (namely the arenas, but that's a whole other rant), but I don't care about them.

Grid Camping (grief ganking, title torquing, lagger’s lament):

By any other name is no less retarded. How do you sleep at night? You spend all your time working for a title over your head showing your superior fighting skills, but at the end of the day all you've done was exploit the engine to give you an advantage (the author apologizes for such heinous use of the word exploit). AO needs to be rid of this. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having areas where one needs to travel with caution due to the risk of PvP. But does that point really need to be the point where you are defenseless, motionless, and essentially helpless? The term "fish in a barrel" fits ever so well.
    Diagnosis: Grid camping is a freaking disease. It nullifies the efforts of those who try the PvP thing in an honest fashion. It needs to be disposed of.

Kills in passing:
    Simple enough, Faction A sees Faction B shopping at kiosk in MMD. Faction A unleashes an alpha strike, dimach, fast attack, full auto, brawl, and a last word for style points. Not a lot of role-play, but at least no one was cheating. One party is pleased he bested the other in fair combat. The other is pissed that he was caught looking at lingerie in the middle of MMD.
    Diagnosis: Nothing wrong with it. It may have been mean spirited. The less fortunate may go home and cry. But overall, no harm done.

Team PvP:
    Whats this?! This, is all too uncommon. And as long as it stays somewhat uncommon (that is, no 15 teams at any given time tromping through mayhem zones) it will remain a truly enjoyable time. I know some guilds do it already, but I'd love to see a few larger guilds doing it. Guild leader A (from the aforementioned faction A) contacts Guild leader B (from... yeah you get it) and arrange a little impromptu meeting in the middle of say... artery valley. Each takes the first 5 guild members to volunteer for a super secret mission. The fact of the matter is you can take a team of 5 and have a good time in artery valley without another team to kill. Teams meet, natural selection does it's thing. One walks home the victor. Other gets a much quicker trip home, with a handful of stories to share with the guild. Pick a new location, rinse, repeat. Congratulations you're a certified role-player. Didn't think you had it in you now did ya?
    Diagnosis: like you couldn't guess. I'm a HUGE team PvP advocate. With classes like trader just BEGGING to play a team role in PvP I can't think of a good reason not to! Tired of a slow moving story? Make your own!

couldn't agree more, and theres a new style now,

Mort is 25%, i was there yesterday with some of my guild mates, I don't lvl there for a long time, but since it is 25% i felt compeled to go check out and oversee that no lower level clan members were beeing massacred, the Action took place South of the Borg Factory, it was great, omnis would sneak in and try to kill off team members fighting the borg, i was there for the omnis as were some other people, was lots of fun, we killed a hord of omnis, we took themm all the way back to mmd.

So now you can pvp in mort trying to keep yourself alive while fuighting the borg or trying to keep your fellow clans mate alive while they fight the borg.

Or if you are omni, you are more than welcome to try and kill us

P.S. i made apprentice last night on account of mort fun!

OMG you can PVP in mort! roXor, I'm logging ultra on tomorrow, been working on a new NT for kicks, getting bored with the soldier and MA.

I WAS SO HOPING mort would be 25%!

Re: WHere do we PVp - Just MMD - ? thats terrible

Originally posted by TalinUK
    Forget all the various issues with PVp - How about we have some more areas where it can actually take place.

2h0 now has guards, this effectively means the only place clan/omni fight is in tir arena or mmd, that is terrible..

You should be happy now, 90% of RubiKa is currenlty 25%

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

You should be happy now, 90% of RubiKa is currenlty 25%
    AND you can loot people that die with unsaved xp.

Fixers not wanted in groups? I think think every high level group out hunting is going to want a fixer for quick escape.

You should only be able to loot what they picked up since their last scan, unless I am mistaken.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

whoa, since when?
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Mort is now the new DAV! Not as good exp, and not 0%, but now, higher levels have to worry about a certain soldier pulling brig generals on their party that's already got two majors. >:} and fling/burst/fullauto, hasty retreat. I still do borgs for exp, but I damn well make sure I have a fixer for a evac.

May duels, die, and here's to GROUP PvP!

More 25% zones please.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Originally posted by Hextorr
    couldn't agree more, and theres a new style now,

Mort is 25%, i was there yesterday with some of my guild mates, I don't lvl there for a long time, but since it is 25% i felt compeled to go check out and oversee that no lower level clan members were beeing massacred, the Action took place South of the Borg Factory, it was great, omnis would sneak in and try to kill off team members fighting the borg, i was there for the omnis as were some other people, was lots of fun, we killed a hord of omnis, we took themm all the way back to mmd.

So now you can pvp in mort trying to keep yourself alive while fuighting the borg or trying to keep your fellow clans mate alive while they fight the borg.

Or if you are omni, you are more than welcome to try and kill us

P.S. i made apprentice last night on account of mort fun!
    Woot! now i can grief play Clanners in mort! happens too many times while i was out hunting in EFP @ Ace camp!

Now i can just lvl doing high lvl missions and start to gank and grief greys in mort!

I receive so much grief playing shaft and gankers in EFP! its nice to return the favour now!

w00t!

lol

Don't say it! Bring it!
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm