Thread: No-surprise policy?

No-surprise policy?

Would one of the Funcom reps please tell me what the reason for making Polotical (25%) zones out of both the new dungeon as well as one of the best 100+ hunting areas, Mort? Now, it has a lot of traffic and the lag there is absolutely unbearable at times, but why 25%? You've just dragged the 'I want to ruin your day' crowd of kids out of the woodwork.

PvP is not the reason I play this game and I don't want to be forced to PvP to see any sort of advance in my character. Also, I don't want to be forced to resort to doing solo missions because I no longer have a place to hunt.

To everyone else, are there any good hunting spots for chatacters 100+ to hunt and not have to deal with the annoyances of a PvP zone?

Re: No-surprise policy?

Originally posted by Heart of Evil
    Would one of the Funcom reps please tell me what the reason for making Polotical (25%) zones out of both the new dungeon as well as one of the best 100+ hunting areas, Mort? Now, it has a lot of traffic and the lag there is absolutely unbearable at times, but why 25%? You've just dragged the 'I want to ruin your day' crowd of kids out of the woodwork.

PvP is not the reason I play this game and I don't want to be forced to PvP to see any sort of advance in my character. Also, I don't want to be forced to resort to doing solo missions because I no longer have a place to hunt.

To everyone else, are there any good hunting spots for chatacters 100+ to hunt and not have to deal with the annoyances of a PvP zone?

Funcom is blind, deaf and stupid. They RUIN PvP and then make it harder to avoid.

If they don't understand that PvP in this games literally makes their players SICK to their stomach because it is so bad, then my money isn't worth it to them.

I agree the PvP is horibly broken atm and needs to be fixed. I will say however that PvP is the thing that I am most looking forward to doing. Just so you know that not everyone hates PvP.

I'd also like to ask why people hate PvP? The ability to go against an actually intelligent opponent is fun. Can't tell you how many video games I have continued to play only because they were multi-player aka PvP. Don't any of you play fighting or racing games. Witout PvP they would totally suck.

Seriously I would like to know. Why does the fact that your opponent is controled by a player instead of a computer bother so many people?

I would like to PVP, if PVP in this game didn't totally suck.

The reason why so many people don't want to do it is because it sucks. Walk into PVP area, 10 seconds later you're dead because someone 50 levels higher than you, or massively overequipped, just kicked your ass.

Or, alternatively, overequip the hell out of yourself, lurk around the pvp zone waiting for someone weaker than yourself to come into view, then kick their ass. Do it another 5 or 10 or 100 times. Before long you reach the point where your pvp rank doesn't go up any more. So you have some title like "newbie" or "clueless" or "rookie" or "gimp" or whatever, and that's as good as you're gonna get with your profession. Now what?

Originally posted by Crin
    Seriously I would like to know. Why does the fact that your opponent is controled by a player instead of a computer bother so many people?
    I don't have a problem with PvP in arenas, or specific "warzones"--it just sucks when a lvl 90 and lvl 110 player whack a lvl 50 player for no reason.

That's not fun.

Mr Pendent
    the aformentioned lvl 50 fixer

Originally posted by MrPendent

I don't have a problem with PvP in arenas, or specific "warzones"--it just sucks when a lvl 90 and lvl 110 player whack a lvl 50 player for no reason.

That's not fun.

Mr Pendent
    the aformentioned lvl 50 fixer
    It's not possible for a lvl 90 player to attack a lvl 50 player, so why complain of something that havn't even happend?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Very true, he can't be whacked by someone so high. Although I'm lvl 80 im fairgame for everyone above me, somehow me vs a lvl 180 doesn't seem fair at all.
    Soldiers are Fubar....I Demand a Pet!