Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offer Refused

Originally posted by Fixerben

Nack I stand apart from my guild, I do not speak for them.

Ah, that's a shame. Where does your Organization Arion stand on the issues at hand? I understand you have not been empowered to speak for them but has your leadership made its thoughts on the current mess available?

Just curious. I'm always very interested in the official stance of the various Organizations in the Clans on this subject, it means as much or more to me than the individuals out there.
    ::: Ayken Barlau :::
    Director of The Concillium

Originally posted by Nack Barlau

Ah, that's a shame. Where does your Organization Arion stand on the issues at hand? I understand you have not been empowered to speak for them but has your leadership made its thoughts on the current mess available?
    ((OOC: I think Ben mean's they don't have an IC opinion. His guild just doesn't RP))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

wait.. why dont we just hire a fixer to hack into the ICC supression.. and have them drop the supression to 0% causing everything to attack everything evan each other?

OCC: we have to think of a solution.. that isnt like theres otherwise its just a big auction.. we hire a hacker (fixer) to get the fields droped buitta boom batta bang no more merc's then i can continue making my trade runs Woot this has effected buisness and i dont like it... question would be how much would the hack cost? so far it looks like we have 650 mil. dont bother with hireing the mercs.. just have them kill each otehr off along with anyone there

Why don't they just spend all that money on buying the terraforming equipment necessrary to finish the remainder of the planet, build a shinny new city, develop commercial centers/investments or anything else that will benefit Rubi-Ka as a whole?

But no, the clans in question wanted to buy their way to just continue the cycle of violence instead. Selfish or just no social concience?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

The ultimate goal here is to remove the Sentinels from Tir.

Well, what happens if the Sentinels leave Tir and the mercs still remain in Newland?

The mercs are "loosely" affiliated with Omni-Tek, which means they share the same ideals.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Elite Operations approached with this offer?

So what if Omni-Tek commissioned Loren Warr and company to "offer" there services to Neuts to kill clanners. EO jumped at the offer. So Omni-Tek now has occupation of NLC under the guise of the Mercs protecting Neuts from Silverstone, Fisk & the Sentinels.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I can see what Omni-Tek is doing, we need to get the Mercs out of Newland City NOW, before its too late!

-Tifanyx

The guards are not Omni-Tek employees...

They are employees of Elite Operations, when released from their contract they can go where they wish.

(( again when purchased we were told they would be Neutral guards by a neutral party... we were just as surprised as you when they tagged Omni... more so even ))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

OOC:

Personally, I'd just as soon see the guards everywhere just go away... but that's entirely my lack of interest in RP. Paying off Funcom to make the Sentinels go away simply wasn't as humorous as paying off Funcom to have neutral-hired mercenaries turn coat.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

this DOES prove one thing though, omni-tek is 100% behind this, no sane merc says no to 650mill
    My wishlist:

ql170+ shining/bright/faded clusters of Offensive Mastery
    ql200 Heavy Notum Tank

i think that's it ;D

Originally posted by Shjaka/Hmpf
    this DOES prove one thing though, omni-tek is 100% behind this, no sane merc says no to 650mill
    It proves no such thing.

Read the reason Warr gives. Any trust worthy merc will give you the same exact answer. We can't go blowing our integrety because we get offered more. No one would hire us. In order to keep the jobs flowing, the contract is honored until it is over.

As a side note, EO is available for contracts. Contact Sumokan if you wish to hire us.
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

Originally posted by Silinar

It proves no such thing.

Read the reason Warr gives. Any trust worthy merc will give you the same exact answer. We can't go blowing our integrety because we get offered more. No one would hire us. In order to keep the jobs flowing, the contract is honored until it is over.
    Exactly. This is a very important point, Mercenaries, as well as people more in my line of work, live and die by their reputation and their honor.
    The first time you blow a contract because you got an offer involving more money toi backstab your employer, that is the end of contracts. You might have been paid handsomely for that one action, but you better damn hope that it was enough to last the reest of your life, because after the word spread, you are never getting a contract again.

If anything, this shows that Loren Warr is a true Mercenary. She/he took the contract when offered, now that the contract is signed, she/he will not betray it, nor leave it before all terms in it are fulfilled... Like it or not, you got to respect the honour...
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Mercenary turns down money for the honor in his name. That is a very valid reason.

What I dont understand, however. If the mercenaries are there to protect Newland city, and not senselessly kill any clanner, then why are they not nuetral sided. If EO employs them, you should be able to set a job description?

*still a nuetral at heart*
    General of Apocaylpse

--The Council of Atroxes--
    Power to the Atrox!

the day is at hand
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

I was swimming with Ian yesterday outside the Mercenary camp and a thought popped into my head. /w Ian I heard Ris Lee can defeat you

Ian:Huh!

Ognom:I heard Ris Lee can whip your... oh nevermind

So in theory if Ris Lee that has killed Ian for who knows what reason. Then wouldn't it support some kind of a bad relationship between them and How much would a mercenary Like Ris charge to Kill Loren and his crew if in fact if he was for hire?

And How does Ian feel about Loren?

These are just some of the questions I ponder.

Said by Loren Warr:
    “You can go and tell your people that my contract has certain conditions and requirements that will be held. Nothing will deter me from this duty save the deal being broken, or my conscience offended. Now, leave.”
    There's our way out, in my opinion. What would she consider to break the deal? what would offend her conscience?

What conditions have been placed on the contract that could bring it to an end?
    Wolfen.
    AKA Gridwolf. Fixer.
    AKA Beveridge. Engineer.
    AKA Razorstorm. Enforcer.
    AKA Blitzen, Trader.

AKA Stonehand. Martial Artist.
    AKA Nanohive, Nanotechnician.
    AKA Misericorde, Agent.

Originally posted by Wolfen

What conditions have been placed on the contract that could bring it to an end?
    Neutrals and Newland City no longer under a threat from the Sentinels and radical Clans. That was the condition of the contract.

Actually my friends , we are already working on another way to solve this problem. Please dont get all 'espionage' on us. There is a legitimate way, and we are working on it.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

let me know if you need help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12