Thread: Undo the MISSION DISTANCE NOW!!!

Undo the MISSION DISTANCE NOW!!!

For christ's sake, I'm a lvl 45 fixer and since the mission distance has been totally nerfed, I can't get a mission for more than 8k! Jesus, 2 weeks ago I was running missions from Tir to Stret East, Stret West, 4-holes, and making about 20k apiece. From West Ather to Avalon, Clon**** and Andromeda!!! Now Nothing even remotely interesting!!!

Why do I have to keep doing missions in the same area? Why can't I have an option that allows me to set mission distance? Why does FC always cater to the whiners who compromise 5% of the gamers? Goddamnit, I'm getting tired of trying to like this game, and trying to put up with all the thoughtless and idiotiuc changes that keep on occurring.

Somebody, tell me what else to do? Where can I go to get missions the can actually make me some money?

Unhappy

If you are Clan I managed to get some missions from Tir City, at the mission terminals outside the Faire Trade the missions were for about 10k - 11k and where in Newland and Varmint Woods. This was with the difficulty slider at about 60%, Full Chaos and Full Money, all other sliders were central.

Still not brilliant...but a little better. Oh, I am a lvl41 Enf.

Try going from Avalon to Wartorn Valley. A really safe travel, just wompa once and zone once. No aggro mobs on the way.

These will pay off roughly 18k each (observe missions) at 50% if you are level 45ish. The area is also VERY small, so you'll get to the mission in no time.

You'll get those nice bunker missions with lots of human mobs though. If that is a problem, Agaean is probably a better zone. Only cave missions there, and it's right next to Wartorn Valley.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Take missions from Avalon...

On lvl 53, a trip from there to newland, aegean, tir county, athen shire, etc. only takes a couple of minutes using grid/whompas and I always get around 20k for my missions (medium diff.).
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

personally i thought the mission distances before were a bit rediculous..but the nerf in money is even more rediculous...what i wish FC would do is make the same money for shorter distances

I used to do Avalon missions at lvls 30-35 for more cash than they offer now. It's really the only choice I have if I want bigger money.

I still think it sucks tho. Closer missions were only desirable when I was trying to quickly get my last merit badge. Now I am more strapped for cash than I was at lvl 20.

Thx for the replies

Cool 100k Missions

Do missions from Avalon to Southern Foul hills or 20k (pleasent meadows)
    As a lvl 75 Agent i get about 100k / mission with diff slider at 75%
    i can sneak these about 2 out of 3 (althou concealment and cloaking devices are still bugged)
    But 2 100k missions with ql 100 b-suits gives me a total of about 4-500 k / mission run...

hmmm why havent i been doing this latly... guess it takes forever to get to avalon as OT without dying, and also with recent patches i got to roll about 100 times to get 1 misson to a area where i dont NEED a yalmaha to go to....
    (Things whould be SO mutch easyer if they haddent removed yalmahas from spawning in missions)

Hey Urinal,

Look at the other side of the coin.

I have characters ranging from lvl 8 to 40.

I had to stop doing missions. I was getting missions so far away that it wasn't worth it.

For instance, my level 8 agent would get missions from the South Tir Outpost into into Stret West Bank! It would take a good 30 min to get there, if I didn't die from all of the aggro reds along the way. So 30 min to get there for a 15 min mission that half the time didn't have the objective in it (another topic all together) and another 30 min back, if I didn't die on the way back home then its a free ride back

I like having missions closer. If you want to travel, then travel. Some of us want to be able to log on for an hour and accomplish a mission then log off. I quit playing EQ because I would have to invest 4-8 hours at a time to log on and accomplish anything.

I do like your idea about having a mission selector that adjusts the mission distance. GREAT IDEA!

Talking

So I think what would make everybody happy is some kind of slider:

Near <------> Far.

As another fixer, one of the best ways to make money was to take a return item mission that was very far away, then run there and grid back. It's still dangerous, but it beats doing 3 nearby missions...

you can check also this thread i started in the Game mechanics forum :

http://aoforums.funcom.com/showthread.php?threadid=1843

i now get Mission from Camelot to Longuest Road or Aegean, or From Tir to Newland or Varmint Woods (saw some in Upper East Stret/ but rather same $ as VW...)

Please give us back distance with the rewards that followed or give us a distance slider!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

They are working on a distance slider. For the time being close missions beat far ones. Especially since we are getting good level stuff in missions now, less things to buy on the black market.

Scorus