Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There is a rumor that you have...

um

hello?

everybody has the same options for oe?

anyone heard of NT's and MA's?

/DaveDread

Secret conspiracy *hush hush*..

It is painstakinlgy obvious at this point that the only way to get rid of something, or get something is this:

If ye want something in: Pray and spam the forums, bump any tread that OPPOSES what you want, if 100% of the players dont want it=100% certainty that FC will put it in..

If ye want something out: well hopefully you got the idea from the first one but, lobby hard for it to stay...

This is a strange and rather unusual way of customer service, one can only wonder why so few companys have applied it, well, at least it doesnt work at all..

Could someone please explain this behavior to me?

Yours
    Fury

Originally posted by Dienst
    As stated before overequipping ,without exploits, is available to all using the tools of the game, to change this now affects many people who have spent a lot of time and money into it. I do not pvp,,except when happen to be forced into it. Not saying I will quit if OE changes go through,,,but I am saying the people who complain that they are at a disadvantage due to overequipping should not have a stronger voice than the many who use the tools in the game as they are,,they are available to all, and if and when this goes through they will just find another reason to complain. Am agent have an overeqipped rifle and it makes me far from invincible,it does help but it took time and thought to use,,,so for using the tools available I suppose I should be punished
    As has been stated before anyone who says that overequiping is available to all doesn't know what the he11 they're talking about. Wanna tell me how my martial artist can wrangle himself into a new set of fists? Better yet post that cr@p on the martial artist profession board

Fu..ers

Yeah, right.
    Thats you, mate. I'm far from beeing a genious, but early on I figured out U aint supposed to put in 125 QL implants when your lvl 62. So when FC tries to correct an error they made early on, STFU! You havent been nerfed. FC realised they made a mistake, and U pricks took advantage of it , and now FC do something about it. U Imp-doods that think you are clever... go hide. You arent. Lots of ppl thought about it, and decided not to. So please, scream all you want, on your way out. Cause its f..ks like you that destroy the vision of this beautifull game.
    Heh heh, flame me !

i WISH I HAD 125 IMPLANTS AT QL-81 MY IMPLANTS ARE A BIT HIGHER THAN ME ,MY OVER EQUIPPING IS WRANGLES ,,DEPRIVES AND MAXING OUT MY RIFLE AND USING A TSAK WHICH GIVES ME ANOTHER 20 RIFLE,,,i AM USING THE TOOLS IN THE GAME,,NOT XPLOITING ANY TREATMEANT BUFFS TO WEAR SUCH IMPLANTS,,SO MAYBE THE PROB IS NOT WEAPON OVEREQUIPPING WITH GIVEN TOOLS BUT EXPLOITS sry for earlier caps,must be tired from all my overequipping,but am agent and if i could not use a better rifle game is over,as it is I am lucky to get out of a mission at my level completed and with any xp. I may be sure also MAs have issues,who doesent, but at one time around l-72 I hunted and did missions with an MA who was my level and she did more damage than me except for the rare times i was lucky enough to get aimed off. So am sorry but there is a much bigger issue here than the overequipper using the game tools
    Last edited by Dienst; Feb 7th, 2002 at 03:38:29.

Originally posted by JuJutsu

As has been stated before anyone who says that overequiping is available to all doesn't know what the he11 they're talking about. Wanna tell me how my martial artist can wrangle himself into a new set of fists? Better yet post that cr@p on the martial artist profession board
    Yeah,guess u are right I am evil and from hell,,I also guess that the armor you are wearing is exactluy the same level as your charachter and you got no buffs to wear,and you must be the rare player who never asks for buffs to run programs. After all it is overequipping is it not? (and no exploits here for implants or whatever) If it isnt I am sure you will let me know. As a matter of fact I am sure everything you are wearing you have the stats for right now,,must be nice to be honorable

Re: Re: crap

Originally posted by Chidoro

Don't let the door hit you on the ass.

Can I have your stuff?
    why so u can ebay and then cancel your own account?

I guess I will have to see, if my chars are all at a point where I self equip everything I dont care - if debuffs screw the whole thing up...cancel. Game has been out 3/4 of a year now...changing game mechanics is just dumb. Unless they want to re-release the game this year and actually get it right.

Dienst, NT's are another example of a class that can't overequip to the extent of other classes.

NT's are a casting class, when are buffs wear off we need to get another buff or our overequipped nano stops working. Why should your gun be any different?

NT's use an armor which is int/psy based. This is the obvious choice for almost all NT's. There are ways to buff up into this armor, but it require's finding an extremely rare pare of sunglasses, not a doc and an enforcer casting common buffs. There is only one int/psy non general buff, and it is self only for FC's love child, the MP.

Yes, we can wrangle, buff, and overequip into a better gun, but all those skill are dark blue to us, and we don't really have the ip's to put into those skills until higher levels.

I'm not screaming for an overequipping nerf. I'd be just as happy with a boost that allowed all classes to overequip equally. Balance is good for the game.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

jujutsu -

You can use your implants to stack up your base skills to get to higher implants, one at a time like everyone else. You can add MA skill, brawl, or anything else you want.

there a problem? MA's I group with hit pretty darn hard..... I don't see a problem.

That wouldn't really be overequiping, he would at all time have the stats for the damage he does if he stacked implants like that.
    I'm not sure of FC's stance on stacking implants, but as far as i know, it's legit (please let me know if i'm wrong). The problem comes into play when these stacked implants are used to equip a gun that will stay equiped after the implants are removed. In this way the gun can be equiped, then other needs can be addressed with implants as well. The playing field is not fair to some classes in this way.

example of how nt's can't over equip the way other classes can.
    (I am an NT so I will use an NT as an example.)

The other day I got a wrangle to equip a pillow. I had mochams running at the time so I took this opprotunity to also upload a few nano's that require 817-896 mc. 3 min. later I could no longer use those prgs. An Enforcer could get a wrangle along with other buffs to equip a nova flow or other weapon well above his level just as i did with the nanos, but he would still have full use of his weapon after 3 min had expired.

And no, an NT wielding a weapon with any sort of profeciency really isn't much of an option at earlier levels. I could have done a Vektor, but it would come at the cost of evades (also dark blue skill)

The playing field needs to be even for all proffesions as far as the ability to over equip. If any of you read the post from Cz earlier, it would seem that the changes are coming.

I look forward to the improvements of an already great game.
    182 NT

Originally posted by Babadi

The playing field needs to be even for all proffesions as far as the ability to over equip. If any of you read the post from Cz earlier, it would seem that the changes are coming.
    The playing field should be even,
    but that does not mean we all have to use eachothers strategies.
    It's ok that an NT cant overequip nukes and it's ok that an MA
    cant overequip fists if overall thier damage and other abilities
    even it out. (im not going to argue if they do or not but that
    should be the issue .. not nerfing or dumbing down other
    professions methods of optimization)

I love AO, and quite honestly I'm afraid the reasons
    I love it are about to be taken out of the rules,
    leaving a very shallow game.

I'm fighting for a better solution because to me this
    is a question as to whether or not I will be able to
    continue to play THIS game, the game I want to play,
    as the rules exist now.

To me, because of the reasons I pay and what I find fun.
    the question "should we remove overequiping?"
    is no different that "should we shut down the servers?"

Lots of players dont get it and will laugh at that, I know;
    but that's all I hear when it's suggested that all
    the time I spent learning a ruleset, educating myself
    about what buffs all the other professions could offer,
    spending countless hours searching shops and hackersquest
    looking for anything with a useful modifier, and then having to
    obtain those items.. using nanonanny and investing a lot of
    ingame money on multiple implant sets to switch in and out ..
    and doing all the math to figure out just what I could accomplish ..
    or what wierd experiment I could make work ..

To have all that nullified would totally end the game for me.
    It would dumb down the game to nothing but endless
    mutant-bashing and boring repeatative missions . .
    and PvP where who wins is determined almost entirely by level . .
    and that sort of game just doesnt interest me.

Ultimately I know "I'm gonna quit!" is little threat,
    but I also know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

There is no need to overequip. Running for stuff that is 20 or more levels above your own? Takes to much time and money. No, thx. I'm just fine with equipment that meets my lvl. If the mobs hit you to hard get a team

I agree totally with Scumbug and Dienst.

An OE nerf will drive the most dedicated and interesting people away from this game in droves - God forbid people should become emotional about something you expect them to spend many hours of their time on - and you, FunCom, will end *much* the player-to-player economy.

Honestly, have you no shame? Do you feel no pang of disgrace at stating that you didn't know what sort of characters we could build using the game rules you created?

Please leave this stuff alone. The outcry for it is 100% squeaky wheels and sour grapes. The vast majority of players partake in the process and enjoy it.

Vacuos

Well if you actually read the overequiping article it clearly states that the percentages given in the article are mainly placeholders to give a general gist of what the free percentage of being overequiped without penalty would be.

The real debate everyone should discuss is what would be an acceptable percentage of being overequiped over the required skills before incurring a penalty. If 25% overequiped isn't enough what about 30%. The purpose of overequiping is to gain an advantage over mobs and players. In AO's current state overequiping isn't giving us an advantage at higher levels...instead its only allowing us to survive...in some cases not even that. When the overequiping fix goes into effect Funcom can then lower the skills of the uber mobs. I do think that mob AC, health, nano and skills should be lowered massively down to a much more manageable level. Monster mobs might have some exagerated skills but NPCs should definitely have skills and abilities equivalent to a player of that level. If they nerf the mobs enough then even an MA or a fixer could hit like they did prior to lvl 50(hitting for above minimum damage...what a concept). If the mobs are made too weak then they can SLOWLY increase their difficulty in the patch after that.

Lower mob AC, hitpoints, and skills enough and we wouldn't even need to overequip to survive. We'd only need that free 25-30% overequiped weapons for PvP or to give us more of a chance against mobs that are higher in level.
    Last edited by Graxxus; Feb 7th, 2002 at 12:48:47.

Bah.... humbug!

OE.... why does anyone do it? To be able to do any dmg at all to the Uber mobs! or to fight pvp.

I am lvl 113 at present so I have at least some experience with theis.

I dont normally pvp so for me it is the mobs that force me to run around like a madman every 10-20 lvls spending all my cash and forcing me to do even higher ql missions to pay for all the stuff I "must have".

I am not "uber" in any way, I still have problems soloing 50% missions, My Ip`s are the result of an ignorant youth. Beartwo is my first character and there were very few soldiers to ask about anything during the first 50-60 lvls.
    Without OE my character isnt viable.

Dont winge about MA`s not benefitting from OE, thats a load of bull since I have been beaten by lvl 120+ MA`s with ql 200 implants and a ql200 hammer to boot. NT`s? You do not OE imlants?... no....? B****hit!!

Leave OE alone or base weapon dmg on atk rating!!! Why go through such a massive change in the way the game functions when there is an easier solution?

And if you do put in these OE changes, will you lower the hp/ac ratings on mobs so its possible for us to hunt at our own lvls?...

Somehow I dont think you will.....
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Here's an idea...

I start an atrox enforcer. get to level 10, and start with some implants. I can use implants that raise my already green str/sta to get better implants, use those to get better implants, and get ql30 implants in at this level. You can definately go higher, if you invest in comp lit, belts and ncu as well.

then i get buffs to equip 2 ql10 concrete cushions. this adds +16 to str/sta. I get str/sta gen buffs, another +12, and some enforcer buffs that also add to str/sta. I guess by that time, I could equip ql40-50 implants if they used those 2 skills, as well as agility to get a senpai coat on.

At level 10, 400+ ac's is not difficult, and you could get up to 600+ with some investment.

perfectly legal, no exploits, just time and money.

now I understand that enforcers may be the easiest to over equip, but it's part of the game...... change it, you'll see an already shallow amount of players become even smaller.

Sorry fellas, PvP isn't something that needs messed with until later. There's a small amount that do it, and there are more important things to look at.

And as far as the high level game, you have no choice but to overequip, and you'll still have trouble with greens, who give junk xp.

FC you know. chaning OE-rules will ruin the game more than it is already!

you will make 1000 of skills useless, 1000 of nanos useless. most classes would not survive 2 seconds when they couldnt put on better armor or weapon. or buff into a better bot or pet.

do something about MA-damage so they dont need to overequip. NTs ... no clue. dont know much about them. nerfing all other classes because NTs cant overequip their nanos theirselves isnt the right way.

every class overequips, also NTs! armor, implants ....

again: if FC nerfs overequipping and keeps all other things the same, 90% of AO will leave this already bugged and not ready game. (team missions?)

Whats left in this frigging game if OE is nerfed. And what is the harm in the overequipping?

Right now at least I have something to look forward to like equipping an armor 60 levels higher then me. Which takes a lot of playing with implants buffs and very careful ip distribution. Everyone is overequipping right now so where is the harm in it and how da hell oe makes this game unbalanced in any way form or shape? I still have challenging enough time soloing yellow I repeat yellow and green mobs in missions, even with my uber weapon and armor on. And if I go to PVP well, my opponent is overequipped too, so we are on the equal footing.

You take OE away and whats left? There is no story line, there are no story related missions, there is a lot of eyecandy but I've seen enough of it since the release. IMHO Funcom should concentrate on fixing real problems like chain casting mobs, and professions that been screaming for help for months now.

I am not looking for flames here just an explanation of what da hell is so wrong about overequipping.

Re: Bah.... humbug!

Originally posted by Beartwo
    And if you do put in these OE changes, will you lower the hp/ac ratings on mobs so its possible for us to hunt at our own lvls?...

Somehow I dont think you will.....
    *sigh* Guys, before even commenting on this issue (And WTH is it doing in this forum, anyways?) READ the original article in the news section.

Part of the plan WAS stated to be a general lowering of mob health/damage. I hope part of the plan involves getting rid of the silly damage cap on PvP but I'm not sure how likely that'll be.
    ChibiKawai - The KAYOOTEST Level 40 NT ever.

"IWANNASTUFFEDTEDDY AND I WANT ONE NOW!!"

It is amazing that people seem to post here without reading all of the previous posts. The only thing wrong with overequiping is that all classes cannot do it equaly. This is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Nerfing overequiping is not the only solution, give NT's and MA'a a way to overequip and i'd be just as happy.

Look at the example I posted here earlier. Do some of you not see a balance issue with that?
    182 NT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast