Thread: Alpha Strike Weapons

Question Alpha Strike Weapons

Please correct me if i missed something.
    The most usefull weapons to do full or semi alpha strike are.

Westinghouse.
    Flashpoint.
    Steiner.
    Suppressor.

As i seen the Westinghouse and Flashpoint are used by soldiers much often that Steiner because that it dont have FA.
    And suppressor are used by some fixers.

So does anyone have some self tested info some of those weapons and are willing to share its good/bad sides?
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

They scare me But now I got stun. Which makes it fair. As soon as people start to raise nano resist now (which they eventually will have to) there will actually be competition Yay!

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Originally posted by Illuvatar
    They scare me But now I got stun. Which makes it fair. As soon as people start to raise nano resist now (which they eventually will have to) there will actually be competition Yay!
    Isn't nano resist broken? I thought that's why nobody raised it.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

Originally posted by Plasmatiq

Isn't nano resist broken? I thought that's why nobody raised it.
    It works as well as tutoring.

it works

but tehre was never an incentive to up it now there is :P

Originally posted by besheba
    it works

but tehre was never an incentive to up it now there is :P
    Hmm... You sure about this? I had a lvl 40+ enf with maxed nano resist, and he never resisted jack... Maybe 1 out of 20 or 30 were resisted even at max def.

Granted there is probably 2-3 patches since last time I used him.

Just want to know before I sink 20-30k ips to max nano resist.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

Don't waste IP on nano resist. NTs will tell you that it works because they're pissed that they had to raise three dark blue skills to avoid getting crits, and their green nano resist is useless. I created a new char and leveled him up to lvl 30 with max nano resist. He didn't resist jack. Don't waste IP on your main. If you don't believe me, roll a test char to test it out.

Originally posted by cson
    Don't waste IP on nano resist. NTs will tell you that it works because they're pissed that they had to raise three dark blue skills to avoid getting crits, and their green nano resist is useless. I created a new char and leveled him up to lvl 30 with max nano resist. He didn't resist jack. Don't waste IP on your main. If you don't believe me, roll a test char to test it out.

LOL, this is stupid, you continously stay vocal on this matter, NANO RESIST DOES WORK.

But I do agree that some debuffs and DDs is very rarely resisted. For examply Traders and Docs debuffs, I have NEVER resisted them. I have resisted Nano shutdown several times, its about 50/50 chance.

You obviously want to be immune...

I have never completely evaded any hit from a player, even though I got 900 dodge....

There is a bug with NR.. as far as i know, Psy does not add anything to it, so when it does, i think NR will work better for those with high Psy.
    NT phone HOME!!

If fixers want to give PvP a go they should consider the Suppressor. It uses duck for it's def skill, which no one raises. You might think the new Mausser would be a better choice, and in some cases I would agree. But flowers tech / Primus is all too common now, and the damage you hope you'll do with that chem streamer just won't be there.

Resist isn't worth the effort. As nukes/stuns can quite fast get recasted anyway the resist wont help you much.

And regarding trader-debuffs. They do get resisted, that don't keep me from recasting it untill it gets through.
    ~Lone

No comment the uselessness of nano resist but....

...for alpha strikes...they were nerfed in 13.5.

Pre 13.5:
    Fling - 175
    Burst - 478
    FA - 1650

Post 13.5
    Fling - 175
    Burst - 478
    FA - 72

I havn't done any tests yet if letting a normal shot off between the burst and FA will fix the problem or not but this is repeatable and clearly a nerf that has been here for a while now. My tests are with Flashpoints. Maybe it is just my gun but I can reproduce this again...and ..again.

Originally posted by cson
    So you guys go whine to get NTs nerfed instead. I think I'm gonna go start *****ing about removing those rifles, coz I'm damn sure Dodge Range is broken, coz at level 14 I got critted as hell.

Stfu untill you get a clue.

Originally posted by Meligant
    No comment the uselessness of nano resist but....

...for alpha strikes...they were nerfed in 13.5.

Pre 13.5:
    Fling - 175
    Burst - 478
    FA - 1650

Post 13.5
    Fling - 175
    Burst - 478
    FA - 72

I havn't done any tests yet if letting a normal shot off between the burst and FA will fix the problem or not but this is repeatable and clearly a nerf that has been here for a while now. My tests are with Flashpoints. Maybe it is just my gun but I can reproduce this again...and ..again.
    Overequipped gun with way low attack rating? I still see Soldiers picking off 90% of someones health with the alpha.

Stiners have amazing bursts and nice fling shots. People don't use them much in PVP but they are a great PVM weapon. Their ROF is too slow for PVP, and as you mentioned they only have 2 specials.

Soldiers really don't do weapon swaps/Alphas anymore. Most just over equip one gun, since weapon switching is bugged & nurfed and you can't switch with MK on because of the recharge. Sooo, if you are a soldier and you want to alpha, don't bother, I know you think you can drop someone in a fling/burst/FA combo, maybe you can some of the time, but most of the time you won't get the 3 crits in a row to do it, the exception being if you are level 150 and your target is low 100s or below.

Better just to max out your ranged init, throw on a ql200 gama beamer, add a tach and a low light, and you are good to go.

I see more doc's, nts and metas using flashpoints now, they are nice since you can fire off specials while casting without interrupting the cast, so you can start a nice nuke, debuff or dot, and burst, fling, FA while its casting.

this is what i like...noobs talking.

pvp fight:
    Dude nr1: Initiates with a debuff
    Dude nr2: Resists
    Dude nr2: attacks
    Dude nr1: tries again with the debuff
    Dude nr2: resists
    Dude nr2: got his first 2 hits
    Dude nr1: starts to run
    Dude nr2: laughs
    noob nr1: resist doesnt work
    noob nr2: resist doesnt work
    noob nr3: resist doesnt work
    Dudes that actually have a clue about this game: clap their hands.

My brand spanking NEW NT resists quite frequently.