Thread: Like Minded Omni's Sought

Like Minded Omni's Sought

Although I am not a new colonist to Rubika I have been away travelling across the galaxy for a considerable amount of time. Needless to say I have missed much, from the current Notum rush to the collapse of the Council of Truth.

In my absence those that I knew have passed on or left Rubkia altogether. I am seeking fellow Omni personel who can fill me in on any interesting or necessary information that I must know to ensure I do not wind up on the buisiness end of a reclaim terminal.

But where are my manners, my name is Somantic and I the study ancient arts and teachings of the Temple of Kaman and I seek an organistation who I can pledge my devotion to.

I follow the teachings of my masters well and adhere to their philosphy of trust and honour. Needless to say in order for me to consider an organisation it would have to follow the basic principals of helping both the cause of the corporation and those in lesser circumstances, in addition to which have strong views about the "carefull application of the use of force".

Although my knowledge is somewhat outdated I believe that I could be as of use to the organisation I join as in reverse.

My feet set down upon the planet of Rubika in but two weeks time. I am awating the transport from ASUS which will once again deliver me to my homeland of Rome.

If you have any knowledge of any such groups or are a member of a suitable band that may be interested in my teachings then please enlighten me.

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
    - George Moore

Originally posted by Lathluen
    I follow the teachings of my masters well and adhere to their philosphy of trust and honour. Needless to say in order for me to consider an organisation it would have to follow the basic principals of helping both the cause of the corporation and those in lesser circumstances, in addition to which have strong views about the "carefull application of the use of force."
    We help only ourselves. Those of lesser circumstances are left to rot after the use of less-than careful force.

((bump! ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

if u want to join a guild who is fighting for a cause but also doesnt not ignore fubaa loot join chimera and help the crusade.. btw i have been around for a while anything u want to know about past dirty deeds by both sides of the conflict i can tell u
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Many Thanks

Lankybill, I thank you kindly and appreciate that you are willing to generously share your learned wisdom. Maybe when I arrive we can discuss the recent and troubling events over a few drinks. I presume some of the bars are still in operation.

Nevver your position dismays me and shows me that the great spirit of co-operation that used to pervade the infrastructure of my bloved home planet has much changed in my absence. Gone is the frontier like cameraderie that I loved so much.

Maybe the toils of war and conspiracy have permeated the ranks of our own corporate family, splintering her into many fractions which focus their vision inwardly.

I cry out for the day where once again we may unite, reform and restablish our golden era. I wear my uniform and the ribbons on my chest with pride, for I am Omni and we shall step from these dark days and shine forth our light into the darkness so all can see the folly of the path they have chosen. Then maybe an end to this conflict shall be found as we accept them unconditionally back to the fold.

Till that day comes you will find me at the fore. The guding voice and shining beacon in these dark times. The herald of the New Age.

Re: Many Thanks

Originally posted by Lathluen
    Nevver your position dismays me and shows me that the great spirit of co-operation that used to pervade the infrastructure of my bloved home planet has much changed in my absence. Gone is the frontier like cameraderie that I loved so much.
    Omni-Tek is a great teacher.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

"From what we get we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life." - Arthur Ashe.

Omni gives us the opportunities, each of us take the results of our actions in response to those opportunities and around them we are overselves forged. It is a bitter child indeed who blames their parents when the failing may instead be inside of themselves, for in blaming others we shift responsibility for our own actions.

Personally I measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings.

I believe our views differ somewhat Nevver. But let us learn from our alternate views, in this I offer my hand to you in friendship. But if you first wish to shake my hand you must release your anger. For you cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.

I'm not angry at all, I'm just matter-of-fact and honest about my intentions. I'm always glad to meet other people who share the same interest in making a profit.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I appologise for my misinterpretation of your words, a result of this ardeous flight and the cheap cafeine packs. I must remind myself to upgrade to business class next time.

Omni is a corporation and at the end of the day so the bottom line for everything is viewed by it's inherent value to the corporation. Profit that may be gained from every situation is of the first and foremost concern. In that respect every employee is expected to play their own part as cogs in the machine.

I myself would like to live as Picasso wanted "to live like a poor man with lots of money", to gain that position I must do the best for my corporation and return a healthy profit in my endeavours. In that respect we are the same.

However past that point I can see the application of our share of the takings may differ. But those are idealogical differences. It seems you have a good head on your shoulders and I would greatly like to meet such a mind as yours. Maybe I have judged you and your guild with an overly critical eye.