Thread: Question about Notum Wars and Free Trial period.

Question about Notum Wars and Free Trial period.

Download Anarchy Online: The Notum Wars
    22 January, 2003

Existing Anarchy Online players are now welcome to download and purchase an upgrade to The Notum Wars by logging into their account while the free 7 day tryout is expanded with all the features of the award-winning boosterpack Anarchy Online: The Notum Wars.

Through the free trial offer, gamers can play both Anarchy Online and The Notum Wars with no charge for 7 days. At the end of the trial period, the player can then keep the game and the account with a purchase price of $19.95 for the game. The remainder of the first 30-day period will be available for play before the first subscription fee is charged. Players can access the features of both Anarchy Online and The Notum Wars for a recurring subscription fee of $12.95 every 30 days.
    Does this mean you get Notum Wars for free if you buy the game after free trial period or do you have to buy it after trial period is over and buy game? I hope it's the first part. Someone told me you only get it for free trial then have to buy it after you buy game.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

I downloaded AO also. Also if my comp is reformatted how do you get AO back?
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

As far as I can tell, once you pay the $19.95, you can keep playing both AO and NW.

Just burn the AO-installation file to a CD. Once you formatted, you can just reinstall. If you've already formatted and don't have the installation file anymore, you can download it again from the main site.

Remember: you only need to register once. After that, you can install and reinstall the game as much as you want.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

NW casts $20, this includes AO and keys for both AO and NW. The download costs $20 (if you play past the 7 days) and includes NW and AO. I can't really see a difference here, so if they want you to pay $20 for AO then $20 for NW... nah... can't see it somehow. Pretty sure Mharc is right.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

What I'm thinking is you download 7 day tryout if something happens then it patchess and also downloads any packs your missing.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

When shadowlands comes out and I buy it and all of a sudden my comp goes weird and makes me reinstall everything will Shadowlands still be avalible like will it automatically download Shadowlands again if have it has a registered add-on?
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

Trial

The trial is just like the disk in downloadable format you can either just download it again and use your current account. Or you can have them send you a disk for free!

Kallen
    Knights of Ka
    Its not a Game its an Addiction

Kallen 83 Enforcer
    Kallette 48 Meta Physist
    Kallenfix 61 Fixer
    Kallentrel 70 Trader
    Kallen* Reserve for future GiMps

If you purchase Shadowlands you will have your own CD to reinstall from... also if the Shadowlands material is anything like the Notum War material in the way it was implemented then you will simply have to install AO and patch up...

Reason is your account will be cleared for both expansions.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

AO Download offer USD 19.95 (2003-02-07 20:30:21)
    Is what it says but it should've already billed or does it look at my local time?
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

Through the free trial offer, gamers can play both Anarchy Online and The Notum Wars with no charge for 7 days. At the end of the trial period, the player can then keep the game and the account with a purchase price of $19.95 for the game. The remainder of the first 30-day period will be available for play before the first subscription fee is charged. Players can access the features of both Anarchy Online and The Notum Wars for a recurring subscription fee of $12.95 every 30 days.

^^

This means that after you have downloaded and played for 1 week, your account will be billed with the price of the game itself. You will not get charged with the monthly fee just yet. You have another 3 weeks of free play, and on the last day of your total of 4 weeks free play (1 week free "test" + 3 weeks in addition after you have paid for the game), you will start to be billed 1 month reoccouring (if that is your preferred method of payment).

You will only be charged with a total of 12.95 once a month, weither you have NW or not.
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Originally posted by Darkbane
    NW casts $20, this includes AO and keys for both AO and NW. The download costs $20 (if you play past the 7 days) and includes NW and AO.

Nope. The NW download is a 7-8 meg file with no compilentary free 1 month account for the same price as the store-bought version that comes with packaging, full-install version, and a complimentary 1 month account.

I feel like I was swindled.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

AO has a good system where you can immideatly buy a game or exspansion for AO when it's out instead of ordering and waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

Originally posted by CarLBanks
    AO has a good system where you can immideatly buy a game or exspansion for AO when it's out instead of ordering and waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
    Actually, NW was not available immediately to a whole lot of people. The download option only became available a few months after release and in the mean while, many people were waiting for their copy to arrive, while others were already happily building towers.

their gonna make shadowlands downloadable earlier.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

Originally posted by CarLBanks
    their gonna make shadowlands downloadable earlier.
    Really? Where did you hear that?

Dev Chat.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

Make yourself clearer. By "earlier" they meant earlier than they let people download NW. It still will NOT be downloadable the day Shadowlands goes live.