Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumbfounded

Dumbfounded

This article concerns MPs, or as i like to call them "FCs love child"

To avoid this turnign into a rant i'll try and put it into points

1/ Exactly why do they get masterys, infuse, mochams etc. we're so happy to be getting these nanos we don't really question why a MP should be using nanos 50% high ql then there own lvl, come on ppl any MP can get a demon at lik lvl 120 how can this possibly be fair!!

2/ Thos spells that increases creatures dmg are totally over the top, they get like 260 stacking dmg, it's insane. Look at this way a Ma gets like +40 (i think) tops to there dmg and thats ALL they. No 2 pets for them

3/ They get a nano which gives them added int/psy to get that tricky armour on, i assume incase FC did not properly give them enough power with there pets they have to shield there poor love child.

4/ They got Nano shutdown, this nano just makes me want to /quit, what the hell is the point? At least i guess i get my hot and going for a while and may take down the MP in that 1 min HIGHLY doubtful tho, but wtf does a NT do stand there like a lemon while a demon rips you a new one. Was FC thinking hmm -125 well that surely isn't much of a problem, we should look after our mp and give him -2000, now that should keep him safe

5/ Curse of Chronos - for those of you who don't know about this nano it stops you from casting attacking or moving for 5 seconds, np u think 5 seconds i can take pet and nukes/weapon hits for 5 secs i think then if i'm lucky i can out dmg the heal pet before the demon makes mince meat out of me. WRONG! The mp chains cast this sucker. RESULT -> You are rendered imobile unable to cast or attack while the demon kills you. Again what where you thinking Funcom?

6/ The only way to kill a MP is to crit a LOT and FAST, this is assuming they haven't nulified you with chronos. I mean the MPs weakness no hp right? Screw that there heal pet can almost certainly out heal ur dmg, remember there using a heal pet 50% higher than lvl from those good old mochums
    Plus there low hp means simply ur crit gets swallowed up mostly.

Look i'm not saying all these should be removed i just want nano shutdown and chronos to be really looked at. It ruins game balance, i'm all for a challenge but......

Sorry if I have offened any MPs out there
    And sorry for ranting just in one of those moods

RBK1 doc Qwerty1

heh

And all this is coming from a doc? lol.

Unhappy

wops, after reading my message i may have come across as an ass... hey i did say it was a rant They shouldn't have 3 hr patches it leaves me too much time to talk to god-****

MP is pretty balanced in pvp, they totally dominate some classes but there are classes that dominate MPs too. Enough said.

Yeah, coming from a doc, LOL.

Anyway, only thing I dont like about MPs is that they got better single target nuke than NTs. This should be changed, NT should be the master of nukes.

Well, I hate nano shutdown, makes me totally useless.

And of course the fact that their heal pet heals faster than I can nuke for with my best single target nuke.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Wenzell
    MP is pretty balanced in pvp, they totally dominate some classes but there are classes that dominate MPs too. Enough said.

enough said my butt, you tell me what classes MP's get owned by, I am interested to know. MP's are the gods, #1, with docs pulling a close #2 in pvp.

If an MP dies to a solo DUEL (yes both know it is coming, and both are prepaired) to ANY class then they got a LOT to learn.

nuff said
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yaz, you forget.

A trader could take em down. If they can kill/root the heal pet and debuff the MP such that they cant make a new one as powerful, I think a trader would own.

Of course, not being a trader, this is all in theory.

But Traders ARE the other uber class right now.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Bump

Any good trader can area root the pet and debuff an mp so bad he cant cast anymore.

I'm a lvl 162 Fixer i just killed a lvl 138 MP with a Red Deamon and a very dark orange heal pet, we engage on a duel in mmd, i hit myself with hot, attack her root the demon then hit her with fickles fate and shoot shoot and shoot, the healing pet is very good, i saved my spetials for when she got her health down but the pet was healing like mad, my root lasts 1:56min and it broke once on the demon i had to run arround a few times while it resisted 2 attenpts to root and then i finaly rooted it.

ahhh the stun, as soon as we start the fight she starts chain stuning me (curse of chronos) it's very disruptive i got a rush trying to root the demon the first time if i was lagged i wouldn't be able to root, because you don't have much time in between stuns.

So we continued and i could see her siting and i shouted: can you recharge?; i was curious but she didn't anwser, my guess is no, because she at one point stop stunning me, her weapon damage was hitting me for 26 dmg every time, i have 4.5kAC so her damage was neglectable, with the demon rooted and with her stuns over (no nano left?) i finaly start getting some percistent hits i, a few crits the healing pet getting tired, i finaly make a nice crit her health is about 40% i Burst and Full auto, she is left with sooooo litle health i can hardly see it, the pet gets another heal in i'm reloading, and finaly two more shots and she is dead, time to run and zone before the demon breaks free again.

note that she was 24 lvls below me (ok i'm a fixer) but imagine someone that doesn't have roots to keep the pet away, or if she had a decent gun, imagine if she had 15 more lvls...

I don't want FC to nerf MPs in any way, but they have to balance the other classes too. Keep the good classes as they are, and fix the other ones, no more nerfs pls!

Chronos was "bugged" apparently, now they can stun and sit and recharge in that time great hey

And why didn't she nano shutdown you ?

I don't think you can charge if your target is stunned as long as 1 person is still engaged in combat. You could hit esc if the other guy was attacking your demon or heal pet then charge, but only if he is not targeting you.

I don't think stunning effects this.

uh... saying you killed somone 24 levels under you isnt saying anything special. The point is MPs get everything easy. look at thier summoned items, they expand health ac and nano pool. Look at thier pets, mez pets came out far after grid armor and every mp of any consiquence has a mez pet, 3 fixers i have seen on RK2 with grid armor. Fact is any time your fighting a MP your fighting 4 people, most of the time when you do manage to kill one they usually where doing something wrong. The big problem here is that funcom made everything easy to come by for MPs all of thier nanos can be bought or missioned they have no trouble at all because they are a portable casting over equip machine with 3 body guards. the only way to make this right is give the other classes that need some love real tangible things that are easy to get too, Grid Armor for fixers needs to be made more common, nulify for nts... if a MP can shut down nano and chain stun so you cant do anything while pets whack away at you at all why cant a NT have a more common drop of nulify? and its true traders are the kings at higher levels, MPs just kick butt all the time.

Melbringi 70 Clan Fixer RK2

i know, i even said imagine if she was a litle higher or if she had a gun that didnt suck, MPs are too over powered (and im glad they are reducing the stun duration in 13.7; it takes some good luck to survive it) but i also think that the way is to improve the other classes, no nerfs.

BTW MPs in the begining sucked big time, now they are THE Uberness, if this is some pointer i eagerly await for the Fixer patch.

mmmmm as far as i can tell any high lvl mps first nano is nano shut down. then you are phucked =). they are very very powerful, that one nano can dominate anything in 2 minutes. u meet one high enough hex, they will shut u down then stun you then next thing you know an ugly face with 2 horns will be looking at u up close doing 300-500 a hit =). have a nice day.

grats

Gratz Qwerty
    Curse of chronos is nurfed! Happy now?

doesnt change anything for mps. still the same ol' shutdown->stun->ugly demon in front of u hitting for 300-500 =).

I'm a doc.
    I have never lost agains a MP, that means a MP has never killed me. I've killed many oMP's, 95% of the time i've had nanoshutdown on me in 1 vs 1 fights. It's all about going for the MP and not their pets, and if my hp gets to low i just run away, and that happens often.(tank God FC has not equiped MP's with root)

I've not tried to fight an MP with stun, but i've met some MP's in missions that stun so i gues it will be pretty hard to get away now.

Common Garzu :-) Nanoshutdownn is not that bad, we can't use "nanos" but we still have our guns, and we can run away from the MP.
    I actually find NT's mutch worse as an oponent in PvP, with root, debuff, nullity, shield and a gun they are pretty mean. And even after 13.7 i find u guys "Real Mean", i almost lost the other day to a lvl 110 nt 1 vs 1 in efp. Gues he countered my slow, or i did fumbel, anyway he had me down to 30% hp before i got controll and his shield was out, i killed him but i would have been dead if he had used a gun on top of his stun/nukes.
    And Garzu bouth u and me know that none of us is gimped :-)
    But it will prolly pretty mutch boil down to who hit who first i think.

I hear crats own em (dont have one myself)

I'd friggin pee myself laughing if I could stable charm a demon and unstable charm a heal pet. Then u can sit and watch as his own pets kill him ^_^.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

well the only way to take down a mp fast is a good alpha strike that does 40% x 3 but in arena fight where ppls count down it's bloody hard unless u can pull a good alpha off. once they start upping their evades and max body dev+hp imps, it'll be a ***** to kill them. crat is an awesome prof but the downfall of it all is no healing hehe but crats are indeed masters of stuns, now that's something you have to take account for and also yeah u could charm demon pets if your skills are high enough to use those ridiculous high req nanos heh prolly need mocham to do it to start with =). see what i mean? mochams, lol, another mp thing.

speaking as an MP - any class that has half decent roots or run speed debuffs own an MP if they can get em off before a debuff/shutdown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast