Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13.6 going live!

Cool Whiners

I wish you'd all shut up for a moment, just a short moment, if that's possible.

Ooo...silence...thank you, I'd nearly forgotten what that sounded like.

As for the patch in general, wow - this is a good patch. The game is running much better and although I may get a little lag, or a busy city may take a bit longer to load than a quiet one, I can now move around as things load around me - rather than being rooted to the spot

I've not had one crash or lock-up.

Thank you Funcom but please, let's have more small patches on a regular basis...
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr
    Long since left AO :: Catch me on the forums!

Muffins are for sharing, so be cool - buy me a muffin, today!

My Five GUI Skins:::download them now!

Smile

Hey, first thing i would like to say is that "me love game" best thing i have played in a long time, and coincedentally altho i have only had it for about a week and a half i been playing it a long time (u need ARK ppl for 10+ hours a week and im doing that a day he he)<------no real life.
    The patch is good, game is good.
    there is however a few things missing and i know it must be really difficult to sort it all out but these few things would make me so chuffed id die happy.

1. if possible, maybe half the damage on the guns but make then damage on every shot instead of every two, this will make me guns actually hurt something! i mean, if u use a slow powerful gun, the mobs whack u as u r about to shoot and the char doesnt do it, or u never get ur second shot off, i think this has to have a high priority

2. Furniture, however unneccesary would be apperciated by all, and maybe the ability to lie down?

3. Pet fixes like actually getting them to /social would be sooooooo groovy

4. I think i am the only one that wants this in the next patch, I WANNA BUY A BICCY IN THE SHOPS(biscuit)

oh yeah and team missions would be groovy, but as i have done some very basic programming in the past i know the implications of getting those terminals to work quickly and efficiently and all i can say is, good luck!

brill game!

Smile A step in the right direction... but a long way to go

1.) Cave mission is much improved.

2.) Chat text color selection is appreciated, but a minor issue in my opinion

3.) I have to agree with:

Originally posted by Lightless
    Hmm...new patch...let me see if NTs still suck...YES
    Since NT's are supposed to be the "masters of nano technology" I would think that we would have something to compare to the firepower of the guns that other professions have. And stuns might be great for lvl 100+, but for those of us working toward that lvl, there isn't much for us but eye pokes

4.) The only thing I've noticed that is negative (if you really want to call it that)... when in 1st person view, there are issues with the camera angle. When I sit, the camera angle slowly lowers over a 2 minute period of time. It used to move down as quickly as the character sits. When I stand back up, the angle doesn't change back to standing height. Changing to 3rd person view corrects this, but I didn't know if this might be effecting other visual "issues" as well. I don't even know if this is patch related, but it wasn't happening up until 13.6

All in all, I think this game is great. However, I still do NOT feel like FC is providing the service that warrants the cost I'm paying. I think I'll quit for a year or so and come back when things heat up with PVP. Maybe by then they will be on patch 13.8

If this is correct (and I think that is low balling it):
    Originally posted by Phyx
    You'd also think that by generating close to 20 million dollars a year off us... they'd be more concerned with our issues.
    then I would think there would be a patch every week. Anyone know how many people they have working on these patches. Not enough in my opinion.

Question Ring of Luck?

A minor point: Characters wore the "Ring of Luck - Defensive" for what it did, not the name. Why change the action and alter game play when the title could have been changed without any impact to the action at all?

Re: Boring text

Originally posted by Xxewewew

Also Why dont you show the item and the reward at the top.
    Every time you get a mission i have to scroll down to see what i get for the mission. And im sure 9 out of 10 other users do the same! A lot of unnessecary scrolling!!!
    In my case, I would like to see the location written out, then the reward, then the text. Since the text tends to be the same, I stop reading it once I find the location.

nice patch, but need MORE

How about faster smaller patches? Waiting this long for a 20+meg patch is nonsense. I would agree to one a day if they were small and I did not have to spend 30 minutes on a cable modem to get the patch and update the local speed file.

Still waiting for my inventory to stop doing the scramble dance. Maybe next patch?

And what is different with the tokens?

Post Slow sitting

Midknight88 -- and others that have the problem with the very slow sitting.

Check to see if you have selected the "no-bob" camera. While it does make the 1st-person view more stable, it has always caused me to sit v-e-r-y slowly. With the "no-bob" unchecked, the view bobs while walking, but sitting is normal.

The past , the present, we learned nothing =(

Okay heres my 2 cp

A new patch, it looked real nice in the msg but after loggin i had to discover a few changes that were not so cool and immidiatly
    patch 12.6 comes to my mind , were you totaly cripled agents.
    You made hole country's leave AO using the excuse of "gamebalance"
    (so many peeps left, you even had to send home 20 employees yourself)

Now i see history repeat itself whit 13.6, and frankly sometimes i think FC is not thinking at all ot just dont care.
    Many many polls have proven that people are not interrested in PVP , only 5% YET you make all zones were lvl 100+ could possibly hunt pvp. WY ?

I know wy becouse you think that if you prevent us from making alot of XP in a short period of time wil make us play longer in order to advance , but this is wrong my friends , it wil only make people leave
    the reason i left Everquest was that advancing my characters took to much time.

You are truing to force me into PVP wich i donot want to so...
    its simple like that !!!!!

Seccond issue i have whit this patch is thisone :
    You made mission NPC's harder and i would like to know wy ?
    They had already to many HP but yet you think they should be harder ???? i dont understand ...
    non pet Proffesions could not do missions higher then 50% and even this becomes impossible now.

LOL - Wake up

Originally posted by Zoos
    Why does everyone always complain so much in MMORPG's? What a bunch of wimps! People complain about little graphics issues and you want to quit?! Lemme guess....desk job sucker :P

This game easily the best MMORPG...have you guys tried EQ,DAoC, or AC lately? They aren't even fun anymore! Everyone says Funcom sucks...but they are great! They got you idiots(just those complaining pansies,not normal people) to play this game! And quiting because of something like graphics is a testament to how good this game is! When it is overall so fantastic that a little thing like clothes getting messed up makes you quit...it shows how high your opinion of the game truely is! But anyway...I'm gonna go have fun in AO now...while you sit around doing Nothing trying to figure out something to do...cause you sure don't have a life.
    Don't be foolish. It's not merely the graphics that are the issue. What it is, is a plethora of longstanding problems, not only in code but in concept and design that at least intelligent people can see will result in long term disaster. FC has consistently demonstrated a lack of prepratory logic in working on their storyline, and a insane indication of a lack of understanding as to the player's needs and wants in this game. In short, this game is bugged beyond belief, and rather than address critical issues, FC wastes their time (and ours) with frivoulous additions like new backpacks, and other nonsense.

This game is absolutely NOT the best MMORPG, hell I would play EQ over this now.

Why? Because Verant may be anal, but they don't abuse players, there's no sexual discrimination from Verant to their player base like FC has done with AO players, because while there are bugs in EQ, they are not crippling and all encompassing as the bugs in AO are.

My opninion of the game is simple, when Neocron or SWG comes out, AO will be toast, and FC programmers & staff will be in the unemployment line. Neocron is superior in every aspect to the betaware-sold-as-retail we know as AO.

FC released the 12.6 patch, and people flocked away from AO in droves, fleeing AO like the AIDs virus. FC was desperate to regain some of that lost playerbase, and needed more players anyway cause AO's rep was spreading en masse in the MMORPG community, so they A)offered a free month to beg people to come back, and B)capitalized on the European market, who didn't know at that time what they were actually getting for their money. By essentially duping the European market and enticing the American market with free playtime for a month, they survived the 12.6 patch, by a hairsbreadth.

Successively, patches since 12.6 have caused further grief for players as FC has bullheadedly went and raped the core foundations of the game, making it next to unplayable for some classes and races. As a result, more and more players leave AO giving the finger as they go for the abuse they have paid to take. Eventually, AO's reputation will be so bad beside other existing MMORPGs such as Neocron, SWG, et al that they won't have the player base to continue operations; I do not foresee AO's story ever making it the full 4 years. FC just simply cannot handle the responsibility of a MMORPG.

In other cases, let's face it, AO is extremely 1 or 2 dimensional. Mission. Hunt & Kill. PK. Rinse, Repeat. Even EQ has more to do than that for Gods sakes.

Waiting for the "We are shutting down AO" message..

-Culann

103 NT, RK1

Neo

wut is going on?

I have only been playing for about 2 weeks now. And I would have never believed it but I am also felling a little jaded my self.

I read Mr. Godagers post about game play issues and here is my question. He comments on several problems that he is obviously aware of, but wut is he doing wut is being done to fix these problems? Common since will tell you that team mission terminals are more important then new backpacks. wut is the real problem why are the problems that have been here since this game launched still here?

And on the increased game difficulty wut was the justification for this. I see lots of complaints but I don’t see anyone thanking you for making things harder you cant make things so hard that you sacrifice fun factor, and no one wants to struggle through something so tedious for so little rewards I don’t even bother with missions it takes me 10 min to kill a green mob, this is kind of excessive especially considering its not a boss and that I will get no real reward, and please justify to me why if a mob is gray but still takes me 10 min to kill I should only get 1 xp?

I won’t even begin to assume how difficult your job is but to quote Mr. Godager "Then it struck me that it might not be the lack of skill, it might be our (Funcom's) fault?" how much have you actually though about this? In your next post if you will not reply to this one I Would like you to answer some questions, why are we still having problems that we have had since lunch while you bother with things that have very little impact on the game and in some cases just plane anger people

I cant honestly say that I will be PAYING to play this game for another month if you cant even take the time to give us a sound explanation as to why these little problems (and a few big ones too) cant be or wont be fixed.

This game is an awesome concept but wut is there to do ultimately besides hunt and missions as far as character advance the team mission booths should be the #1 priority to me and if not please explain why.

Well, with the exception of the chain casting mobs, this patch looked awesome. I congratulate FC on finally getting the game to the place it should have been 5 months ago.

I think I will come back, I have about 10 of my old guildmates that are back or coming back as well. We left for DAoC and well that game is totally lame, and Verant screwed up big time with SoL, and perfect name for the expansion to, it conencides Sh** Out o Luck.

AO looks better and better. See yah all soon. Oh and notice to the last 2 posters, or should I say the last poster that posted under an assumed name, your writing styles and verbage are the same so hey same guy differant names hmmmm.
    Hans "Kelvian" Wyles
    Adverturer Extaordinare.
    "Life is to short not to enjoy the simple pleasures it has to offer, like finding Omni Scum, slicing them to bits and then enjoying a good bronto burger afterwards!"

An NT fix for voer equipping is simple. Allow NT's to cast any nano that they can upload, whether it be via wrangles or masteries. And allow them to coninue to cast that nano even though their skill may not meet the required skills. NT's can't over-equip - why should anyone else be allowed to?

In all honesty don't nerf others, just give the NT's more to work with, let us overequip our NF's. And if you make it a nanomage race only thing then the Atrox NT's (sorry Snarfy) will get their HP bonus for being Atrox and the nanomage NT's will get the extreme damage that they are supposed to get.

Its that or let nanomages weild proffesional support beams also.
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

Smile patch to the patch

On a positive note, the patch to the patch did indeed make it possible to close the backpacks again without having to close them two to four times.

I have to agree with something I saw further up, but did not quote prior to moving on. Even with the bugs, nerfs, PvP taking priority, and mobs with MASSIVE hit points, this is still the most fun MMORPG I have played. Of course though, if we don't whine and complain, then they will never fix the bugs, nerfs, PvP taking priority, and mobs with MASSIVE hit points issues.

So keep up the work Funcom, but let's try to get smaller patches out more often. Like the patch to fix the patch (nice turnaround time on that one).

What the? This was a content patch?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Unhappy Why backpacks?

As I've played AO over the past couple months, I have seen many things that are buggy, incomplete, or seriously unbalanced. Looking at all the major problems with this game, I'm stunned that you chose to add a bunch of new backpack types. Never in all the time I've been playing have I seen a single message board post or heard a single player gripe that there should be more backpack types.

I keep hoping in each release/patch that we will see some spark of intelligence go into fixing tradeskills. My main character is a doctor and I'd love to be able to make worthwhile items at a reasonable cost compared to what you can buy in a shop. Other classes that aren't specifically dedicated to combat have the same problem. Yet, we are continually disappointed that no effort is being made to address this. Instead, we get new backpacks. What were you thinking?

A week ago I made the decision to not renew my AO account when it runs out in June. I will miss some of the friends I've made among AO players and was somewhat regretting the decision. Thank you for making it clear that I made the right choice.

Unhappy I am SOOOOO disappoited........

but not in funcom or the patches. This board is begining to look like Anarchy lore's. I for one LOVE this game. EQ has NOTHING extra like some have said. Missions(Quests), hunt&kill that is what these games are! BIG CHAT ROOMS WITH KILLING! How long did it take Verant to get EQ to where it is? Oh and BTW I play EQ as well, so I am not bashing it. I like AO a little better because it is easyer to lvl and find new players that want to group with lowbies. I mean Verant has already taken a few ideas from AO. They have these new servers that you can pay to subscribe to (Way too expensive BTW) that have dynamic story content. Sound familiar? I thought so.

Ok so there are a few things I agree with:

1. We could use smaller patches more often.

2. Less content and more basic fixes (BTW I have never even seen some of the bugs, must be that I am just a little lucky)

3. The mobs are getting a little out of hand at all levels.

4. A very few professions are getting the prison party (You all know what I mean). Mostly though it is the ULTRA specialized professions. I can only think of mine because that is all I play, Agents. Even so we aren't that bad off. Conceal needs a fix and Aimed Shot follows logicaly.

5. I think the BIGGEST thing to be fixed is the team mission booths. I agree, don't tease us with them. Take them out untill they are fixed. AND MAKE IT SOON! MY GUILD WANTS THEM!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

6. VERY VERY VERY minor! I would love to see guild halls activated. My guild would be so much cooler and we think that we are pretty d*mned awsome now!

Other than these things (I probably forgot some though) I have no reason to leave. Just like I won't leave EQ.

Please if you have serious complaints ppl, email them. I don't want to see a bunch of flaming on the very boards owned by funcom. Even I have serious complaints, I just don't put them here.

Ok I am ranted out.......................
    see you all on RK1

jebus

You people fix so many insignifigant things in your patches. You fixed the color of tank armor?? WHOOPITY_DOO!! What about the fact that there are no decent hunting grounds on the game for anyone 100+. I guess omnis can go to efp to ace camp, but other than that is is a bunch of crap. Now millions of people flock to BS to do missions. The lag is horrible, and when you are not getting booted off the game, you are stuck wondering why you are doing missions that give you 300k total. You runied the missions in the only place there is for high lvls to lvl. hmmmmmmmmm? Does funcom have something against high lvl players?? How can there be no places to hunt, anywhere for 100+ people. No more medusas, no more borgs, shall we all just start over funcom?? Cause the game is beginning to blow for high lvl characters. But even though there is nowhere to lvl and the game frusturates the bejebus out of me, at least tank armor stays red now. lol

13.7 sounds like a complete joke

Is funcom kidding me. Reduce stun effects!!!!!!!! With 13.6 we NPCs are once again chain casting nukes that can do 3K and upwards of damage. There was a single orange tough nanohorder that killed every single one of my 120+ group in a BS mission by chain casting nukes while I was casting Deaths Gaze as fast as I could. I doubt that a single nuke of his was interrupted. Now you have reduced the stun length? Are you kidding me!!!! This patch should have fixed the chain casting and unlimited nano of NPCs in missions. Do you guys realize that you have completely destroyed the ability for level 100+ to do missions for experience that have NPC's in them. Since the patch I have only completed one group mission and that was a 130+ group that had two pets and two people that could cast stuns. Even with those we had about 5 deaths. Do you really think someone is going to spend time trying to get experience in a mission when its only a matter of chance that a single nuke will kill them. CZ can you tell me how a group is supposed to stop being killed by these chain casting NPC's. Rule out stun now since you just nerfed it. Only other thing I can think of is nano shutdown or plunder/divest or a pet that can maintain agro so no one else gets nuked. Does that mean that every single group that wishes to get experience must have an MP or an engineer? There are not enough traders to go around and we all know that engineers and MPs prefer to solo since they don't need a group do they. Please give me a well deserved responze CZ. First you nerfed the Medusa spawns and had everyone focus on missions. Now you have destroyed the desire for high levels to do missions for experience. Why don't you log in tonight in city of home in BS and watch how many groups are forming for missions. Watch how long those groups stay there. Compare that with before this patch. Right now I don't see any viable outdoor hunting areas or indoor missions worth doing for experience. You are gonna lose a lot more subscribers than you have already lost if you don't fix this ASAP. I think we deserve a detailed explanation of why you nerf something when you do it. Not just a simple one liner.

physical <=*========> mystical

...also, i suggested elsewhere how team missions could be fixed by changing the sliders to allow for pulling 2 - 3 missions at the same time. smaller missions that would require a team to take A to B to C for D and everyone would get cash bonus and fair chance at 2 - 3 tokens. items are near worthless in a team environment unless someone can figure out a fair way to distribute? maybe make the last mission in that linked quest chain a more linear dungeon and at the end a room full of scattered chests or armor racks (thinking diablo 2 here )?

the reason you get no feeback from Funcom is simple: minimize promising things that might get tossed out (you'll only make people angry) as well as the basic fact that they dont have enough people reading these boards and soo much content to go through. long threads like this one may get skimmed for the first page and if nothing interesting (solutions instead of gripes) they move on.
    Last edited by crikket; Feb 8th, 2002 at 23:39:13.
    ÷÷÷Crikket the Gunsmith÷÷÷
    "I like my work and I hope you do, too -- but if you don't, I really couldn't care less. Take me or leave me -- but don't bug me." -- Johnny Carson

13.7 patch crashes constantly

I don't know what you did to this 13.7 patch but since I just started playing after installing it I have crashed 4x in the past hour. This is unplayable. What is going on?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast