Thread: Carbonrich rock?

Question Carbonrich rock?

Okay, does this stuff really exist? Am I just a moron that doesn't know where to find it?

I spent over an hour last night trying to find someone who either had or could make a prepared program crystal for me. I wasted 22k on the nanoprogramming components to create a programmed photon emitter all because nobody has any carbonrich rock to turn into carbonrich ore to turn into pure carbon crystal to turn into a prepared program crystal.

Is the nanoprogramming still broken because of this? Funcom keeps putting new tradeskills in, but not paying attention to the ones that are supposedly working. I know atleast at one point the stuff was spawning because there were a few people that told me they had seen it, but didn't know where or on what mob it dropped on.

Either put this stuff in the shops, or tell us where to find it or something Funcom. The rest of the nanoprogramming seems to be working marvelously, but if we can't get the raw materials then we can't be expected to make anything.

Hmm

All I can say is, that, to my knowledge, these rocks are 'loot-only' at the moment. I got one this weekend, but can't remember exactly where and how (chest or 'normal' loot).

They are supoosed to be rare, but exactly how ...?

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

got one too

Found one a few days ago, inside a mission. I think it was loot from a MOB, but not 100% sure. It's the one and only, so far (did around 10 missions since then).
    Trinar, lvl. 50 bureaucrat on RK-2

I've had about thirty people out looking, for over a week now, and only got my hands on four pieces of the stuff, almost all from monster loot, 1xQL23, 1xQL24, 1xQL27, 1xQL45.

It'll need to be MUCH higher drop rate than this if anyone is to take the skill seriously; I have two bags of discs.
    Vrischika
    Head Seer
    The Honored Maidens

Thumbs down Drop rate non-proportional

The drop rate of Carbonrich Rocks is far too low in comparision to the Disc rate.

While it remains true that there are many different types of nano formulas in existance, and that discs have to be able to drop at a rate to make it a vaible option to either loot or purchase from another looter the disc that a player needs; the extremely low rate of Carbonrich drops throws the viability of the Trade Skill into the "too hard to find parts vs. gain recieved" area.

It is nice that Funcom is attempting to work on Trade Skills. The lack of looking at the big picture in implementing them and considering the numbers behind them, however, leave them heading into the same direction as weapon construction (bugged, insufficent availablity of items to create, costs higher than purchasing a fully constructed item from a Terminal in a 2-5x factor.)

Any updated on drop rate?

So umm, Cosmik ya think the drop rate on this stuff will be updated in this patch? Sure would be nice to actually be able to complete a nanoprogram with all these hundreds of instruction disks I have.

I guess it takes more than a month for the Dev team to come up with an anwer to this?
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

Drop rate is just fine. You just need to know where. I have about 20 of those rocks already.

Zarch and bunch of other chars between lvl 3 and 120

wow 20?... I can pickup 20 datadisks in a night of regular hunting without trying.

And your point being?

Yes, I have about 20 of those rocks. Gained from regular hunting. Could have more if I really wanted. No need though. My point was that you can get them if you know where to hunt (certain mobs drop them more often than others). What was your point?

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 3 and 120

the tools for making a datadisk into a finished uploadable crystal cost slightly less than 1M credits, In order to recover that cost along with the investment in the numerous skills required for doing (at work right now so cant look at the book to look them up) so you would need to make a good number of finished crystals to recover the investment in credits and more importantly IP.

But hey, like you said they arent that hard to get... lets see
    10 carbonrich rocks ql20-30ish
    10 carbonrich rocks ql 50-65ish
    10 carbonrich rocks ql 100-120ish
    and 10 carbonrich rocks ql 150-200ish

hey lets put a reasonable timeframe on this collection too, say a week.

Originally posted by Zarch
    Drop rate is just fine. You just need to know where. I have about 20 of those rocks already.

Zarch and bunch of other chars between lvl 3 and 120
    When this thread was started it wasn't

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

Anyone care to provide a little more info on where these are found?

Anyone can claim they have a hunting spot where rocks fall like rain. However, without any empirical data to back it up, it's all just smoke and mirrors.

I'm not flaming; I'm just trying to get back on topic. We know rocks spawn; saying you have a scads of them littering your apartment doesn't really add to the discussion. Telling us where, when, and how is far more constructive.
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

Originally posted by Spookymonster
    Anyone care to provide a little more info on where these are found?
    I see them drop at the borgs in Mort fairly regularly, plus they appear on generic mobs in high level missions

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

Yes, I have a few of the rocks myself. As far as where to get them, mine all came from the Soutwest Mine, in Lush Fields. They are all QL 34-45... Hope that helps for some of you...

im a lvl 89 engineer, been searching for them since lvl 1
    have not found a single one. only took about 2 weeks to go from lvl 1 to lvl 89
    Ive hunted all over lush
    SW mine SE pipe SW pipe NW mine
    and i hunted solo meaning 100% of the loot
    a friend of mine got 1 QL 55 off a mob at NW mine
    other than that nobody else i know has found any.
    Sure they drop its just that the drop rate is way out of wack
    tons of QL 200+ from up in mort do not help the people who need the lower lvl QL
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight