Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Elite Operations takes the heat

So my pride is hurt, and I am doing something about it. Is there something wrong with that? If I was married, and someone called my wife a "fat ugly |3itch" I would punch him in his face. Becuase my pride was insulted, and so was the pride of my wife. Very much the same here.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Viray

Yes, they were hired. You had full knowledge of their presenese and purpose. If you wandered into town and died to reclaim, you have no one to blame but yourself.

If anyone to blame for them being paid to be there it is

....Elite Ops. Sorry Vir, as much I like you mate, its not my fault I die in NLC.

so your blood and mine is upon

..Elite Ops hands. And I don't see you the mercs killing you. Note: I have seen them kill neutrals, but those are neutrals who oppose them and help people fight them

Where you want to blame the purchaser of the mercenaries you are not looking directly to the source of their need.
    Yes, we blame the people who brought the mercs to Newland. I had another long talk with Sumokan at Reets last night. I told him and I will tell you that I can respect you wanting to protect yourselves from the Sentinels. However, there is no reason for the mercs to murder any clanner that comes to Newland. They are tough enough to fight off the Sents for some time, though eventually the Sents numbers will overwhelm. They can fight off attackers without attacking innocents who are not bothering them.

As for those Clanners that just arrived to Rubi-ka only to end up in Newland City by mistake, it is no different than the new Neutrals that arrive in Tir by mistake.
    I do. It wasn't the clans choice to have the Sentinels murder neutrals.

So, I'll say it again. I respect what you and Sumokan and the rest of EO are trying to do, you're just not going about it the right way. If you have to kill clanners, then kill Omnis as well. Otherwise, you are not neutral, no matter what your tag says.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Fixerben

And I nevver said that those are my reasons for going to war, and I am not at war. The reason I will fight is becuase the guards will attack me. If I get attacked I will fight back. Otherwise there is no problem.
    Benjamin, you go there looking to be attacked and that's different. You know the mercs will attack you because you are Clan yet you persist. They were hired to attack Clanners, not you personally. I'm not saying that it's good that they attack you, just that they do due to your presence - your presence being due to you looking for a fight.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    Benjamin, you go there looking to be attacked and that's different. You know the mercs will attack you because you are Clan yet you persist. They were hired to attack Clanners, not you personally. I'm not saying that it's good that they attack you, just that they do due to your presence - your presence being due to you looking for a fight.
    Nevver I'm not talking about being physically attacked, I am talking about the presence of the Mercs and how that is offensive to me and my friends, and the cause I have worked for. Its a huge slap in the face.

I personally am morally insulted because of everything I have done. All the times I have killed Sentinel guards. Everything I do goes unnoticed.
    Well, I can understand that you may have had to resort armed resistance as a result of the Sentinels coup in Tir, but violence and killing are never something to be celebrated or glorified. Sometimes it just the least of two evils. I'd rather think you'd rather your efforts went unnoticed.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Savoy

Well, I can understand that you may have had to resort armed resistance as a result of the Sentinels coup in Tir, but violence and killing are never something to be celebrated or glorified. Sometimes it just the least of two evils. I'd rather think you'd rather your efforts went unnoticed.
    I would much rather my efforts be recognized, and these Self Proclaimed Neutral patriots stop handing out justice which is not theirs to hand out.

So my pride is hurt, and I am doing something about it. Is there something wrong with that? If I was married, and someone called my wife a "fat ugly |3itch" I would punch him in his face. Becuase my pride was insulted, and so was the pride of my wife. Very much the same here.
    Yes, there is something wrong with that. In your analogy, the only person who would be hurt is you. In the case of Newland City, other Neutrals and Clanners would be hurt. You're forgetting your cause of peace and letting your pride dictate your actions, not a wish for peace.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    Yes, there is something wrong with that. In your analogy, the only person who would be hurt is you. In the case of Newland City, other Neutrals and Clanners would be hurt. You're forgetting your cause of peace and letting your pride dictate your actions, not a wish for peace.
    Nevver, pretend you are my wife. Meister just walked up to you and called you a "dirty skank whore", and I punched him. Tell me that you would have a problem with that, and I will stop removing guards in NLC.

That is not the point. The point is that if Meister shoots you, only you get hurt. By attacking the mercs in Newland, you inflame an already touchy situation that involves many people besides you and risk their lives, not just your own.

(If I were your wife, you'd have much bigger problems than mercs. )
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

OOC: Viray, the WHOLE DAMN GAME IS BASED ON THE CLAN/OMNI CONFLICT. Neutrals are there to be NEUTRAL. NOT TO GET INVOLVED. Why cant you understand the meaning of the word NEUTRAL. You got involved, and now you are NOT NEUTRAL.
    (( Wrong. Clanners involved us in this conflict. They made us the targets and painted the bullseyes...

But again thats my whole point. Neutrals aren't to get involve we aren't to influence the conflict or be any part of it. Thats how I base my opinion we are infact a thrid faction. As we have the ability to impact the conflict and take part in it without siding...

Like I said the term for us may be "Neutrals" but by far the definition of the word 'neutral' hardly applies to any Neutral on the planet... period.

If we were Neutral we would not have all the faction privillages that we currently do and we'd not be allowed to have any PvP, aggressive or defensive... FC has given Neutrals this abilities over time and have really in general created a thrid faction... ))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Originally posted by Uwen

its not my fault I die in NLC.
    News of the merc's intent was published prior to their arrival, even if the money trail was not. And you chose to be clan scum. In my book that makes it your fault. You made your bed, sleep in it.

However, there is no reason for the mercs to murder any clanner that comes to Newland.
    Yes, they were paid to do exactly that. A solid work ethic is in this case its own reward. I envy them, they get to kill clanners AND collect a pay check.

It wasn't the clans choice to have the Sentinels murder neutrals.
    Perhaps not YOUR clan, but they are clan allied and clan funded none the less.

If you have to kill clanners, then kill Omnis as well.
    Oh, the classic "Hes not playing fair!" argument. Suitible for all play yard skirmishes, and childish disputes. Wipe your eyes, child its time to grow up.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Viray

(( Wrong. Clanners involved us in this conflict. They made us the targets and painted the bullseyes...

But again thats my whole point. Neutrals aren't to get involve we aren't to influence the conflict or be any part of it. Thats how I base my opinion we are infact a thrid faction. As we have the ability to impact the conflict and take part in it without siding...

Like I said the term for us may be "Neutrals" but by far the definition of the word 'neutral' hardly applies to any Neutral on the planet... period.

If we were Neutral we would not have all the faction privillages that we currently do and we'd not be allowed to have any PvP, aggressive or defensive... FC has given Neutrals this abilities over time and have really in general created a thrid faction... ))
    Neutrals are not a third faction. IF NO ONE AGREES WITH YOU HOW CAN YOU BE A FACTION. You only seem to beleive what you want to beleive. If you want to talk aobut faction priviliges, If you were a faction you would have a Token board. And why would you leave someone on this planet not able to defend themselves thats just plain stupid. The bottom line is EO made a decision that goes against everything the Neutrals are supposed to be. You hired Omni guards, they ONLY KILL CLANNERS. You are no longer Neutral. No one stand with you. EO have become Omni.

Originally posted by Bliqz

Yes, they were paid to do exactly that. A solid work ethic is in this case its own reward. I envy them, they get to kill clanners AND collect a pay check.

I thought you were an Omni employee? Do you work for free? Can you wash my Yalm for free?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

The only argument I'm going to respond to is your last one Bliqz, because the rest are stupid and I've defended and explained enough times.

Ok, this isn't a childish dispute. You aren't neutral if you only kill clanners. You aren't neutral if you only attack one side. I'm not saying they aren't playing fair, I don't give a **** about fair. Life isn't fair. They are not neutral as long as they only kill clanners. The can call themselves neutral, but they won't be.

Originally posted by Bliqz

Perhaps not YOUR clan, but they are clan allied and clan funded none the less.
    THey are funded by themselves. And I dont know a single CLan that supports them.

Sighing and rubbing her temples from the headache pounding in her brain....

If Neutral to some are now concidered a "faction"....

If Neutral to some are now Blood thirsty and revengeful....

If Neutral to some are now concidered EO supporters....

Concider me Independent....

Bailey

Originally posted by Bailey
    Sighing and rubbing her temples from the headache pounding in her brain....

If Neutral to some are now concidered a "faction"....

If Neutral to some are now Blood thirsty and revengeful....

If Neutral to some are now concidered EO supporters....

Concider me Independent....

Bailey
    I love you Bailey

Originally posted by Vixentrox

I thought you were an Omni employee? Do you work for free? Can you wash my Yalm for free?
    Unfortunately, my assignments often call for me to act in a concealed manner, or to target non-human entities. Perhaps when I become wealthy enough to be selective about what assignments I accept, I can indulge myself more often.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

So you're saying when your rich, you'll wash her yalm? Can you do mine to?

IF NO ONE AGREES WITH YOU HOW CAN YOU BE A FACTION.
    Then the Clans aren't a faction, that is an amazing insight to say the least.

posted by Uwen
    Ok, this isn't a childish dispute. You aren't neutral if you only kill clanners. You aren't neutral if you only attack one side. I'm not saying they aren't playing fair, I don't give a **** about fair. Life isn't fair. They are not neutral as long as they only kill clanners. The can call themselves neutral, but they won't be.
    posted by FixerBen
    And why would you leave someone on this planet not able to defend themselves thats just plain stupid. The bottom line is EO made a decision that goes against everything the Neutrals are supposed to be. You hired Omni guards, they ONLY KILL CLANNERS. You are no longer Neutral. No one stand with you. EO have become Omni.
    What would you have us do? We are only being attacked by the majority of one faction... (( guards we were told would be Neutrals... see did screwed on that one )) Let see the majority one group of people attacking the other group of people, the thrid group of people more or less minding their business... now why would someone who defending themselves against one group of people hired someone to help them against two groups of people?

And again there is no way for the guards to make selective choices as we can't stand by them all day and nite saying, 'there is a Clanner that attack us, no that one is ok he didn't do nothin..." Unfortunately we don't have that luxury (( again game mechanics beyond our control )) and had to use what was presented to us.

If we were not a side/faction/group of attackable people then this issue would never have cropped up in the first place, however we have been given freedoms form ICC (( FC IC reference )) as any other member of the planet... no I am not in the Clan/Omni conflict but most certainly a conflict between Neutrals and Clans has arisen and well if there is no faction and no side all the Clans can focus their anger where it needs to be on EO and leave all the other neutrals alone... however this is not the case Clan attack on other neutral orgs. has already begun since yesterday...

(( I will try to leave this were it is, as I am tired of pointing that i we are attackable and can attack we must be some sorta group of people that wear a common label/title of designation so that so many of us are "Neutrals" ))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast