Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Elite Operations takes the heat

Originally posted by Viray

I am simply saying that neutrals as a whole are a group of people, not even the Clans seem to share the same goal, who says that is what makes a faction...
    Clans are united to oppose omni-tek. Neutrals have no unity unless they choose it among themselves.

Those are good questions Nevver. For starters, some of us have Neutral friends. NLC was a sometimes meeting spot for us. Many clan also shop there if they can't find what they are looking for elsewhere. NLC has a whompa hub that is somewhat useful, especially for...novice's to Rubi-ka who can't grid or afford a yalm. Lot of Clan missions for beginners were in Newland or Newland Desert.

I might turn the question around. To all the OMNI who team up there...how would they like it if the Newland guards started shooting them up? They wouldn't I'll wager. In effect, for the Clans, the city may as well be Omni.

Originally posted by Nevver
    The one thing I don't understand is why the majority of Clanners are upset over this, at least from a strategic point of view. I know there are a number of Clanners who want peace and obviously this creates a problem for them; that point has been made very clear (over and over again). But Newland City, aside from having a link to Newland Desert (Ew!) doesn't appear to offer anything to the Clans. Borealis is still open and isn't a problem since a Grid point was added for that town (which I think is a much more beautiful city) and from there, Stret West Bank is just on the other side of the whompa.

Personally, the only reason I go to Newland City is to use a particular mission terminal that I like so I can find missions in Home, but from what I have heard, Clanners use a different terminal in another town to get the same results that I do. I even recall someone once saying that Newland City is usually filled with just Omnis and Neutrals with few Clanners wandering in (I've never bothered to take a census, so that might be wrong since it's just something I overheard someone say once).

So, what is all the fuss about? Outside of those who want planetwide peace, most of this seems to be about pride or jealousy or something. Somebody please explain it to me.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Excuse me? You HIRE killers than shoot ALL Clanners so do not try and claim you only shoot Clanners that you know have attacked you.

I have never attacked you yet YOUR lackies shot me dead numerous times. That IS YOU doing that to me...even if indirectly YOU are responsible for them pulling the trigger because YOU told them to stand there and kill any Clanner than walked by.

Simply Viray YOU are as guilty of shooting Clanners that have not attacked you as the killers you hired to do it are. I'm stunned that such a simple fact escapes you.
    Yes, they were hired. You had full knowledge of their presenese and purpose. If you wandered into town and died to reclaim, you have no one to blame but yourself.

If anyone to blame for them being paid to be there it is the Sentinels for forcing such measures to protect Newland City, so your blood and mine is upon their hands.

Where you want to blame the purchaser of the mercenaries you are not looking directly to the source of their need.

As for those Clanners that just arrived to Rubi-ka only to end up in Newland City by mistake, it is no different than the new Neutrals that arrive in Tir by mistake. Lesson learned.

(( I went to Tir twice until I realized I wasn't wanted. ))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    I might turn the question around. To all the OMNI who team up there...how would they like it if the Newland guards started shooting them up? They wouldn't I'll wager. In effect, for the Clans, the city may as well be Omni.

Despite her Omni papers, Dabz lives in Newland City. Should the good people of Newland decide OT is no longer welcome in their city, she'd pack up her bags and leave.

Sometimes I think people are just looking for excuses to shoot each other.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Viray I think it is you who miss a point. I am not a fan, I am not on the sidelines. Nor are most neutral organizations. We determine our own game. We are in a precarious situation true, our personal goals, wars, business, whatever are taking place while another UNRELATED war wages between Clan and Omni. Now we live on the same world as Clan and Omni and we may develop friendships or enemies for various reasons among them. But this does not make us part of their war. Nor does your war make all neutrals part of the "Game" you are playing. Now lets have a little break down of the major neutral guilds ( I hope I get this right, I am just going on my impression and my current dealings with all neutral orgs )

Indipendant Rubikians- Want nothing other than to live in peace without the obligation to fight or war with anyone. As long as they are left alone they seem to leave others alone.

Healing Hands - A non-factional Humanitarian organization trying to lessen all "Homo" suffering on Rubi-Ka, they trace thier roots to an ancient earth organization called "The Red Cross".

Elite Operations - A mercenary guild with roots in a neutral defence Militia. their main concern is defending current neutral territory, and when not busy hire themselves out to the highest bidder (kinda like the swiss guard )

Circle-G this is a private business organization wanting to make profits in peace, these conflicts probably will hurt their bottom line.

Free Trade Alliance - Seek the right to do business unmolested, and to foster a more vibrant neutral economy.

The Nanomage Liberation Front - A radical Nanomage guild that rejects ICC, Clan, and Omni authority on Rubi-ka. They seek to end notum exportation from Rubi-Ka.

now I've left a few out cause I'm getting tired of showing how we are even more* fractured and different from each other than Clan or Omni sides. This is because we are not a side, we lack side, we are factionless, and in the case of the NLF we REJECT factionalism all together
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Thank you, Vixentrox. Those are the kind of answers I am looking for. Since things are the way they are right now and until the mercs leave (if ever), here are a few suggestions that, while not ideal, will at least help in the mean time:

For shopping, there is still Borealis and Last Ditch. No, these places do not offer the convenience and, from what I can tell, the selection that Newland City offers, but they are alternatives.

With missions for new arrivals, the only thing I can suggest is that they avoid taking missions that would take them through Newland City. I remember when I first arrived and had to learn (usually the hard way) that there were certain places that I could not safely travel to. I am sure it was that way for you and other Clanners when you first arrived, except now the new arrivals will need to add Newland City to their list of places that they can not travel to.

You can still meet your friends in Borealis which is still very convenient and, in my opinion, a much more visually appealing place. My favorite place on Rubi Ka is the lakeside right outside of the walls among the trees.

If it was the other way around and the town were off limits to Omni? Well, the only thing that I would need to change is to start going to Hope instead of Newland City for finding my missions. It would be an inconvenience, but that's about it. I've always avoided the place save for looking for missions due to the thick gas there.

I think that, in time, the Clans will adjust to the new situation and find that they will be able to do what they have always done except without using Newland City. Most of you have shown adaptablitly in the past and I am certain that you will rebound again.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Yes Nevver even most of us Neutrals avoid newland because it is overrun by omni LFTing and guard killing outside the gate, bartender killing inside the shops. Welcome to our hometown borealis . Please don't litter it's a beatiful city, please don't shoot the nice Bartender, she's their for your convenience. And BTW we need a club in Borealis since it is likely to see more business than ever!

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Aazamon I respect you and your cause a great deal.

I understand what you mean considerably, however at some point even the NLF wil get some Clanner or Omni hot shot that will simply say "they are neuts, fire at will..."

We simply wish to protect our neutral way of life. Sitting back an letting either the Clans or Omni-Tek bash us for being such is no an option in my opinion.

The main point I guess I was trying to get across is that Omni-Tek and the Clans simply see us a neutrals, no manner of arguing will most likely change their mines on that fact. So the attacks on one group will sooner or later turn to the others. How long before the war falls to your shoulders simply cause your a 'neutral'?

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

The one thing I don't understand is why the majority of Clanners are upset over this, at least from a strategic point of view. I know there are a number of Clanners who want peace and obviously this creates a problem for them; that point has been made very clear (over and over again). But Newland City, aside from having a link to Newland Desert (Ew!) doesn't appear to offer anything to the Clans. Borealis is still open and isn't a problem since a Grid point was added for that town (which I think is a much more beautiful city) and from there, Stret West Bank is just on the other side of the whompa.

Personally, the only reason I go to Newland City is to use a particular mission terminal that I like so I can find missions in Home, but from what I have heard, Clanners use a different terminal in another town to get the same results that I do. I even recall someone once saying that Newland City is usually filled with just Omnis and Neutrals with few Clanners wandering in (I've never bothered to take a census, so that might be wrong since it's just something I overheard someone say once).

So, what is all the fuss about? Outside of those who want planetwide peace, most of this seems to be about pride or jealousy or something. Somebody please explain it to me.
    IC: I have Neutral friends, and Benjacrat and I enjoyed sitting out on top of the building with the Furniture Merchant having coffee.

OOC: In order to get to Rhino Cockpit, a great place to level chars 30-40, you have to go through Newland.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I understand what you mean considerably, however at some point even the NLF wil get some Clanner or Omni hot shot that will simply say "they are neuts, fire at will..."

The main point I guess I was trying to get across is that Omni-Tek and the Clans simply see us a neutrals, no manner of arguing will most likely change their mines on that fact. So the attacks on one group will sooner or later turn to the others. How long before the war falls to your shoulders simply cause your a 'neutral'?
    Yeah, some omnis and clans only see the neutral tag. Some see us as a faction. but that doesn't give you any right to claim Neutrals as a faction. It doesn't help Clans/Omnis view of us at all

Yes Viray, I've been ganked I know what that is. But do I take that personally, do I throw away my beliefs because some savage mindless idiots think greifing is fun (I'm reffering to 6 hour hit and runs accomplishing nothing but taking the time of tower defenders). No, what I do is reach out, try to make those understand that will, those that don't I will never hold back from taking just revenge! But just revenge is not killing indiscriminantly. Maybe EO/EA can do a brave and honourable thing here. Maybe EO/EA can lead the way to peace. Try this, take the guards away in a ceremony with Clan guilds and form an alliance for the liberation of Tir for the Clans. I support Clan guards in Tir that are peaceful to neutrals but defend against omni, there are legitimate security concerns, and I support Neutral guards that defend ALL against violence in the cities I call home. I am struck with great greif to see so much bloot on the streets of newland now. I don't think killing the Mercenaries in NLC or the Sentinels in Tir is the solution either. Maybe a political movement will work, maybe Silverstone will see his position waning after much protest and organization. will it work who knows. will mindless idiots still attack you no matter what, that is certain. But what I do know is I will speak out against any unjust act no matter what faction, guild or person commits it. And I will not become my enemy! I will not sink to his level!

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

As far as I am concerned we are a faction. This is my own opinion I guess, but I don't see how we cannot be a faction.

I will try to omit this from future statements as to not offend other neutrals, or incur Clan/Omni attention.

(( Until I can only watch 'events' and have to choose a side to be involved in them I will forever believe that the Neutrals are a faction all there own. We have every right as Omni or the Clans, we have access to just about every piece of equipment except that which is Clan or Omni only... which is the only effect from the side we chose.

We can fight, own land just like either of the other factions. It is those thing and reason why I see the Neutrals as a full fledged faction. If we truly were neutral we would have effect and not be effected by the Clan/Omni conflict, currently this is not the case in any way.))

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

Originally posted by Fixerben

IC: I have Neutral friends, and Benjacrat and I enjoyed sitting out on top of the building with the Furniture Merchant having coffee.

OOC: In order to get to Rhino Cockpit, a great place to level chars 30-40, you have to go through Newland.
    IC: Well, I can understand sentimentality, but I am certain there are other wonderful places to have coffee and meet your friends.

OOC: I am also certain there are other places that are very good to take a character to get 10 levels.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I just don't see this as a major blow to the Clans nor would I see it as one if it were Omni in the same position. It seems more like an inconvenience than a reason to wage battles against each other or kill mercs. There are better reasons to go to war than not being able to drink coffee in the twin sun light.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

IC: Well, I can understand sentimentality, but I am certain there are other wonderful places to have coffee and meet your friends.

OOC: I am also certain there are other places that are very good to take a character to get 10 levels.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I just don't see this as a major blow to the Clans nor would I see it as one if it were Omni in the same position. It seems more like an inconvenience than a reason to wage battles against each other or kill mercs. There are better reasons to go to war than not being able to drink coffee in the twin sun light.
    I personally am morally insulted because of everything I have done. All the times I have killed Sentinel guards. Everything I do goes unnoticed.

Originally posted by Wolfen
    Maybe you should take a look, since you support the Neuts so much.

Chimera
    Faction: Omni

Government: Republic

Description:
    Ad Gloriam Perpentuam

Objective:
    To Systematically Eradicate all Clan and Neutral Factions.

History:
    We've always been []D [] []V[] []D

Maybe it's time you found another job, you don't seem to be particularly well cut out for your leader's chosen path.
    By enticing the Nuets to join Omni would eradicate the faction...Note that it says "Faction" not "People"

There are more ways to skin the Neutral Cat.

As for the clan...The only good clanner is a dead clanner.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

(( Until I can only watch 'events' and have to choose a side to be involved in them I will forever believe that the Neutrals are a faction all there own. We have every right as Omni or the Clans, we have access to just about every piece of equipment except that which is Clan or Omni only... which is the only effect from the side we chose.

We can fight, own land just like either of the other factions. It is those thing and reason why I see the Neutrals as a full fledged faction. If we truly were neutral we would have effect and not be effected by the Clan/Omni conflict, currently this is not the case in any way.))
    OOC: Viray, the WHOLE DAMN GAME IS BASED ON THE CLAN/OMNI CONFLICT. Neutrals are there to be NEUTRAL. NOT TO GET INVOLVED. Why cant you understand the meaning of the word NEUTRAL. You got involved, and now you are NOT NEUTRAL.

OOC: Well, my only problems with it are that its not neutral. I wouldn't mind near as much if the mercs killed both omni and clan. At least thats still neutral. I haven't been to NLC in forever so its not exactly vital for me, its just the principle that the neutrals aren't being neutral Also, I'm getting sick of people saying the mercs and the Sents are the same because thats just a lie.

Note that thats the problem I have with it, others have more problems. I would be appeased if the mercs killed both, although removing them would be even better. Others I can't speak for.

And yeah, Ben's right. You just aren't neutral once you kill only one side.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OOC - actually Nevver the newland lake/desert/oasis/cockpit areas are a cradle of outdoor hunting awesomeness for level 5-43 characters, especially rooting characters. There's nothing else in "Clan areas" that even comes close to how perfectly designed this spot is for leveling up newbies.

I used to take all my newbies there to level. Now I more or less have no choice but to use the subway or missions, especially now that tower bases are on top of many of the other good hunting areas in Clanner lands.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

And I nevver said that those are my reasons for going to war, and I am not at war. The reason I will fight is becuase the guards will attack me. If I get attacked I will fight back. Otherwise there is no problem.

Originally posted by Fixerben

I personally am morally insulted because of everything I have done. All the times I have killed Sentinel guards. Everything I do goes unnoticed.
    No offense, Benjamin, but this goes back to what I was saying before about the reason that some Clanners are upset is because of pride, even if some of that pride may be well justified.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast