Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cries of injustice ... yeah right.

Angry

[[ OOC: Meister, Fixerben and Uwen, why don't go discuss the pointes outside the initial matter another place, instead of spamming this thread with matters not related to the issue at hand

/me sighs

Sometimes I wish I could moderate some of these discussions, so they would stay on topic

]]
    Last edited by Moradus; Feb 5th, 2003 at 21:39:24.

For once I have to agree with you. Sentinels and Dust Brigade are not police forces. But they are by far more brutal than anything we could do. Omni-Pol is certainly not the only police force in the galaxy, but the only one on Rubi-Ka. That means we would have to be at all places at all times, if we were to keep law and order in all places. Unfortunately this is not possible due to personnel limitations and the aggressiveness of the clans towards any Omni-Tek employees.

Anyways.. my point is that these mercs are not related to Omni-Tek, regardless of what the patch notes say. The "losely affiliated with Omni-Tek" is a workaround for them simply being Omni aligned. It does not make any sense for them to be Omni and there is no "losely affiliated with Omni-Tek". You either are completely affiliated with Omni-Tek, or you are not. These thugs were hired by the neutrals to protect Newland City from clanners. It is not possible for neutrals to hire Omni-Tek employees, since that undermines the company. Omni-Tek employees are Omni-Tek *employees* for a reason - to work for Omni-Tek, not for the neutrals.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

As for my accusations against Templus, I will gather my evidence tonight and get in touch with you.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

The young solitus stands and looks over at Monty and Benjamin continue to throw verbal abuses at each other, then turns to the face the rest of the forum

"Excuse me, but I grow tired of this bickering, I wanted to discuss why the neutral citizens had felt it necessary to hire Loren Warr's gang, but that is obviously not of interest to those two over there"

He points at Meister and Fixerben

"So, again, please excuse me, but I will take my leave and return to my apartment in Rome"

What that parting comment the young solitus leaves the forum, quietly closeing the door behind himself.

Originally posted by Moradus
    "So, again, please excuse me, but I will take my leave and return to my apartment in Rome"
    Radein smiles evily, and runs to catch up to Ken Strimple

"Mr. Strimple. Might you tell me what apartment block that is? I would truly love to send you a..."package"..."

Originally posted by Meister

Anyways.. my point is that these mercs are not related to Omni-Tek, regardless of what the patch notes say. The "losely affiliated with Omni-Tek" is a workaround for them simply being Omni aligned. It does not make any sense for them to be Omni and there is no "losely affiliated with Omni-Tek". You either are completely affiliated with Omni-Tek, or you are not. These thugs were hired by the neutrals to protect Newland City from clanners. It is not possible for neutrals to hire Omni-Tek employees, since that undermines the company. Omni-Tek employees are Omni-Tek *employees* for a reason - to work for Omni-Tek, not for the neutrals.
    As I recall, and I've stated elsewhere, Ian Warr used to work for Omni-Tek. He got pretty powerful. He left the company to work freelance. He didn't join the Clans as he harbored no good feelings for them. He's basically Neutral.

((Yes, and game mechanics are the only reason they have 'Omni' tags on them.))

Yeah, I have a 'package' for him.

/adjust

If you want to know why they felt it necessary I will explain.

It was not "The Neutrals" that hired them. It was a certain group of Neutrals. And they hired them because they felt as if the Clans were taking over their territory. This was due in large part to a conflict between 2 guilds. Elite Operations of the Neutrals, and Lions Den of the Clans. I tried to conduct negotitations between them to see if a satisfactory resolution could be come to. Unfortunately I could not settle it, and EO continued to try to get its land back by Force.

If you want to know why the Neutrals decided to purchase these 'guards' I suggest you ask someone from Elite Operations.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    ((No, It is possible for mobs with Neutral tags to be instructed to attack Clanners. Mission Mobs are a perfect example. I cant tell you how many times I have been attacked by mission mobs that were Neutral. They are not tagged Omni just do they will attack Clanners, there is more behind it.))

((Actually Ben, even in mixed teams, every mob in the mission still aggros every member of the team. I think it's a "kill anything that walks into LOS" type of thing when your talking static/dynamic missions))

Actually FixerBen if you recall a long time ago it was posted that several neutral orgs. gathered and held a vote on the matter.

As for the source of these Mercenaries this is no secret, as many times you have read of so many neutrals tired of Clan opression.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Originally posted by Radein
    ((Actually Ben, even in mixed teams, every mob in the mission still aggros every member of the team. I think it's a "kill anything that walks into LOS" type of thing when your talking static/dynamic missions))
    (OOC all))

Remember the cool fights in missions between Clan and Omni mobs? I still miss watching them go at it.

Ever team with a Neutral character and get same-alignment MOB's in a mission? They'd attack you and you'd still get no XP. I think they fixed this.

Play a Neutral character and take a mission. Half the time you need to CTRL+Tab to target the MOB in the next room. He'll attack you and yet appears on your 'friendly' list. This hasn't been fixed.

There's still a lot of issues concerning alignment and agro that need to be worked out. At least they allowed Neutrals to attack considering they weren't going to take 'em off the <tab>-target.

I have a smidge of hope for the faction system in Shadowlands. We may finally get to see people's true colors based on their in-game actions. Then again I don't know how much fun it's going to be when 95% of the players you see have horns and are carrying a pitchfork.

Originally posted by Vixentrox

Yes, that's very true. Now then...please list the names of the Neutrals who have paid for the mercs so they can be dealt with by Clan and outraged Nuetrals together.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=97520

there is your list.

((OOC: I still think there is a deeper meaning behind their Omni tag. They could code these Mobs to behave in whatever way they wanted. But they chose to give them Omni tags.))

Perhaps Moradus it is because Neutral "citizens" did NOT hire Loren Warr's gang...

Because EO has taken FULL responsibility for hiring them all on their own.

Now I don't doubt SOME 'true' Neutrals support the action and even helped pay for it but since the now have blood on their hands maybe they aren't too keen on coming here to admit to be complicant to murder.

Hmmm?

Originally posted by Moradus
    The young solitus stands and looks over at Monty and Benjamin continue to throw verbal abuses at each other, then turns to the face the rest of the forum

"Excuse me, but I grow tired of this bickering, I wanted to discuss why the neutral citizens had felt it necessary to hire Loren Warr's gang, but that is obviously not of interest to those two over there"

He points at Meister and Fixerben

What that parting comment the young solitus leaves the forum, quietly closeing the door behind himself.

((Oh BAH! And "game mechanics" are the only reason I have a Clan tag on me! I'm "basically Neutral" also then.))

Originally posted by Bionitrous

As I recall, and I've stated elsewhere, Ian Warr used to work for Omni-Tek. He got pretty powerful. He left the company to work freelance. He didn't join the Clans as he harbored no good feelings for them. He's basically Neutral.

Originally posted by Fixerben
    ((OOC: I still think there is a deeper meaning behind their Omni tag. They could code these Mobs to behave in whatever way they wanted. But they chose to give them Omni tags.))

(( I think FC was just being lazy... ))
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

Originally posted by Silinar

(( I think FC was just being lazy... ))
    ((It doesn't really matter. read Nelida's post. I agree with that.))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12