I know why items dissapear i just wanted to point out that appartment items (items that don't turn into little cubes when you drop them, like a lamp or fridge) should really stay longer on the ground before they disappear if you are not in your appartment. (Anyone here actually use their appartment?)

Say im out with friends and one leaves. I pull out a couple lamps and a sterio, someone else pull out a fridge and we have a good time. That is for about 1 min before dissapear and are gone forever.

I am also a trader and whenever i need money for a new armor i'll goto omni-trade and do some wrangling//implants. To make it easier i like to put three small blue rocket lamps in a triangle around me. That makes me easier to find, plus it makes apretty cool reflection off my Keelar sunglasses Unfortunatly i have to stop and pick them up every min if i don't want to spend another 10k bying lamps.

I guess what im trying to do is propose that those items should be allowed to stay on the ground longer.
Say 15-20 min or so if they are dropped outside the appartment. That might be a nice little add for a future patch for people who like a little RPing

And before I go im going to being up lag and 'spamming' of items (dropping lots of items on the groung to clutter up an area) because i know the second i would have posted some genious would have pointed that out.

Think of how much is loaded just when your standing in omni-trade or ent by the bronto burger. I hardly doubt the occasional item on the ground would make a difference. FC could add a limit to how many of these item can be dropped by a person. The limit would also stop the 'spamming'. Although someone oculd do it right now if they chose to actually spend a couple hundred thousand on appartment items just so they could drop them.

Ok... breaks over.. back to killing stuff.