Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mercenaries in NLC

I, and others, will calm and/or kill the NLC mercs in the same way we do the Sentinel thugs in Tir right now. I encourage everyone to either keep the NLC mercs and TIr thugs calmed or dead on a continual basis.

As for those that hired them...the first innocent they kill makes all of YOU murderers...so don't be surprised if prices are put on YOUR heads and you find yourselves hunted down and your guilds bases continually destroyed. This you have brought on yourselves and I am pretty sure you won't like the result.

hmm , why not instead of hireing the mercs to kill the neuts we put a twist and hire them to kill the omni :P

That solves the problem of them killing the people that hired them and singles out the fence sitters by alienating them from both sides

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    ((OOC))

I'm not sure FunCom would take credits from non-roleplaying organizations. I think you have to do your part to get respect from FunCom as far as interacting with the story line. All these orgs who are offering money are (I think) just tower bangers and yer typical power-gamers.
    We are mostly.. yes.. but hey! Who said we cant start RP'ing when it suits us?
    Last edited by Turin; Feb 4th, 2003 at 20:35:04.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Fixerben is in a nonRP guild. But obviously I RP individually, none of my RP has anything to do with my guild. Some of them hate RP. But hey thats their choice.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Most guilds RP and don't know it. Just by omnis attacking clans and clans attacking omnis is RP, because that's what this game is, and thats what the supposed "story" is about.

If a neutral guard/merc shoot unprovoked at a clanner, then neutral is just a word.

If you removing clan acces to a neutral city, then it's not a neutral city anymore.

It's time for the neutrals to choose a side.

If you letting YOUR guards kill clanners unprovoked, then you not a neutral anymore.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by DNG
    Most guilds RP and don't know it. Just by omnis attacking clans and clans attacking omnis is RP, because that's what this game is, and thats what the supposed "story" is about.
    OOC: I see omni and clanners as 2 teams, trying to win the game, I only "hate" omni when I'm on the field fighting, after I can go and grab a beer with them.

It have nothing to do with RP.

If you want to mix in neutrals, they can be the people that carry water to the players
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Well, as a neutral, as in those who don't like the clans or omni, yes I hated the fact that Silverstone and his thugs did attack us...but thats only a few people and many of us learned to avoid them. They don't like us, we don't like them.

Having the clan hating neutral version of storm paying off the powers that be to get so called guards to back there idea that the clans are evil and should all be shot is just wrong. It's not neutral, and the majority of the neutral populace hates this. And as I've said before if Nelida wants help with this calming idea, give me a call as I would be there I can not assist in any deaths but calming is something I can help with
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    If you letting YOUR guards kill clanners unprovoked, then you not a neutral anymore.
    Whose guards? They're not MINE. I didn't ask for them. Just because THEY are neutral (meaning unaffiliated with the Omni/Clan conflict) and I'M neutral (meaning unaffiliated with the Omni/Clan conflict) doesn't mean that WE (meaning myself and Loren Warr's crew) are affiliated in anyway. Neutrals aren't a faction. We aren't all "united for a cause" like the Clans and Omni-tek were intended to be. The problem is that 99.9% of sided individuals don't really understand what the definition of neutral is in regard to this game.

Its ok Slicse, I understand that you dont support them. There fore you are my friend. But those who do support them are not.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

((OOC))

I'm not sure FunCom would take credits from non-roleplaying organizations. I think you have to do your part to get respect from FunCom as far as interacting with the story line. All these orgs who are offering money are (I think) just tower bangers and yer typical power-gamers.
    wait, so what you're saying is that role-players and plot can have an effect on non-roleplayers, but not vice versa?

your logic leaves much to be desired.

this is a game. the purpose is to have fun. it doesn't matter who has their fun how: they all pay their money and they all deserve equal impact on plot, if they so choose to impact the plot.

now that action is being taken against clanners, we're more than willing to do a little role-playing and pony up some money and hire some mercenaries of our own.

wait, so what you're saying is that role-players and plot can have an effect on non-roleplayers, but not vice versa?

your logic leaves much to be desired.

this is a game. the purpose is to have fun. it doesn't matter who has their fun how: they all pay their money and they all deserve equal impact on plot, if they so choose to impact the plot.

now that action is being taken against clanners, we're more than willing to do a little role-playing and pony up some money and hire some mercenaries of our own.
    ((Yeah you can RP, come on... but RP with the facts and not just a statement of throwing money around. It was the Clans attacking Neutrals and our cries of outrage both IC and OC, that gathered FC attentions I am sure... otherwise this wouldn't have happened at all.

You wanna RP please by all means lets put an arc together and see if FC is on board, but your fellow gamers have driven a wedge and this is the results. ))

Originally posted by Boco
    As the boys over at 3305 Local say (and i seem to agree) "If it tabs, kill it".
    I can't remember that ever being an official point of view of 3305 Local, we've always stated and will propably continue to state that as long as the neutrals don't bother use we won't bother the Neutrals. As long as they leave clan towers alone and remain truely neutral I, personaly, don't see a reason for us to change that. We don't kill Neutrals just because they tab, we don't destroy neutral towers just because we can, and we leave them be as long as they leave us be. I know for a fact that every 3305 Local member be it an applicant,member or officer, has a lot to explain if they do.
    That doesn't mean that accidents do happen or that individual members might feel that way but as far as I know, and I will check it, the quoted statement is not an official point of view.

I, personaly,do think that by allowing Omni-Tek personel to establish a base of operation at such a vital and strategical point on Rubi-Ka the neutrals do venture on dangerous grounds. The clans can not, should not and probably will not allow such a grave security risk to go unanswered.
    Remember Newland city hasn't always been neutral, before the annex 2a to the Tir accord dated August 11th 29470 Newland city was a clan city and there is a reason why it took so long before the clans gave it up for the greater good of peace and freedom for all, It's strategic value!
    That value has only increased during the recent escalation of the conflict.
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

You have to see who is running the game (in player terms, that is) and it's people who just don't care. I still say I gotta respect Storm to date for actually staying in character despite their effect on certain other aspects of the game. They really seem to be fighting Omni-Tek.

I thought we could make a positive difference in the game by illustrating the frustration we have been having with the game as whole and get some sort of dialogue started. All we have now are people who don't really care taking all of this as an excuse to persecute the weak even more often. I shudder to think what some of these people might be like in real life. As someone else stated in another thread, it's likely they used to pull the wings off of flies as children.
    So you expect clan to just suck it up when neutrals attack clan towers? What do you think Storm would do if a neutral organization put together a force and attacked their base?

Go find the All Towers log for Atlantean on the web somewhere. Do you think clan is the aggressor here? The difference between clan and omni is that clan isn't "turning the other cheek".

It is people like you, Bionitrous, that created the pot you are boiling in. People like you are the ones that condemn and criticize and alienate people that don't play as you do. People like you are the reason people in my organization kill guards in West Athen to taunt RPers. We didn't come into this game anti-RP... people like you created this environment.

Go ahead and point the finger at people like me... it was your intolerance that generated the mockery you experience today. You earned it.
    Last edited by aaronb; Feb 4th, 2003 at 23:40:34.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I miss the amnesty, that was a great time, all these NPC guards dont do anything for RP they will just piss off players below 100 who are trying to goto a mission/shop/hunting ground by Whompa Killing them or whatever.

Its like with the Fixer quest, meant to be for a fixer at 41 but unless he has high level friends or a Yalm he is gonna get Twatted at the Grid exit in Ent(If clanner).

I say bring back an Amnesty Situation Guard wise with none of this Omni/Clan Guards attacking Clan/Omni Players and leave the "Conflict" (Laff) to the towers, because face it this game isn't a great game to Roleplay with(The mechanics suck).
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

edited
    Last edited by Lankybill; Feb 5th, 2003 at 05:02:30.
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Originally posted by Brutal Truuth
    hmm , why not instead of hireing the mercs to kill the neuts we put a twist and hire them to kill the omni :P

That solves the problem of them killing the people that hired them and singles out the fence sitters by alienating them from both sides
    hire those guards to attack omni.. then there wouldnt be any guards in nlc anymore.. dont know if u visit muchb but its where we are looking for a team and most of us can take 2 or 3 at a time
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Edited.
    Last edited by Uwen; Feb 5th, 2003 at 05:03:37.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

edited
    Last edited by Lankybill; Feb 5th, 2003 at 05:02:55.
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Bill and I resolved our problems. Post is gone
    Last edited by Uwen; Feb 5th, 2003 at 05:03:17.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast