Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mercenaries in NLC

Originally posted by Lankybill
    where is my ignorance...
    i have witnessed many times neuts winning raffles coz they work work with OT to win tara.. and i have seen them be helped and help in tower battles with OT
    but hey take a cheap shot and dont substantiate if thats ur style go for ur life
    Lankybill, these Mercs were purchased by a specific group of people, and not by the Neutrals as a whole. Many Neutrals DO NOT want the Mercs there becuase they know there are Friendly Clanners (such as myself) which will suffer for it.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Fixerben

I suggest we discuss this in private Azzazimon, I have to be very careful about these kinds of things. I have been receiving death threats, and one of my good friends was killed last night.

If you have PMs on let me know...
    Sounds like a good idea Fixerben.

PM is on
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Edited
    Last edited by Uwen; Feb 5th, 2003 at 05:04:08.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Back to the subject at hand....

Even if the particular group of mercenaries that is accepting the contract from the neutrals to defend Newland wont take your money, I'm sure some other group of mercenaries will jump at your offer. There cant be only one group of mercs out there willing to take a ton of money for a straightforward job like that. Or is that 100M enough to buy every Merc on Rubi Ka?
    You can reason with ignorance, but its pointless to argue with stupidity. Take care which category you fall into.

((OOC))

I'm not sure FunCom would take credits from non-roleplaying organizations. I think you have to do your part to get respect from FunCom as far as interacting with the story line. All these orgs who are offering money are (I think) just tower bangers and yer typical power-gamers.

Originally posted by Lankybill
    lol neuts most neuts dont want these guards any more than u do... umm yeah ok
    go to tara.. see who shoots u a omni or a clanner
    go to a tower battle ... see who shoots u omni or a clanner

What the hell does me not wanting NLC guards have to do with Tara? You're going to have to make some sense if you want to make a point here.

for paying the marcenaries to kill neuts rather than clanners, i think its a funny idea.. and even funnier is the muppet who said neuts dont want these guards in reply to a post whereby the writer wants him to be shot
    I'm a muppet? What the hell are you talking about? So some clanners and omnis hate me. Big ****ing deal. I have no problem with Clans, and I have no problem with Omni. Some are always going to hate me just because they can, but I don't play this game to please other people. I don't want the NLC guards there, because I don't want them there. Period

Edited.
    Last edited by Uwen; Feb 5th, 2003 at 05:04:24.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Wouldn't that (clans hiring mercs to kill neutrals in a neutral city) be pretty much the same as the clans attacking neutral territory? Wonder what the ICC would think of that...

((Allthough I guess prohibiting clanners in a city makes it sort of un-neutral... eh?))
    Felix "Likaetaren" Denk
    Squad Commander of Ragnarok
    NT to the bone.

Well, neutral only means in regard to the Omni/Clan conflict. What Funcom is trying to do is start a Clan/Neutral war, which is bull****, because apparently they can't focus on their Omni/Clan storyline.

I don't want any part of it.

I believe you are bordering Mercenaries on the line with theives, criminials, or thugs.

Mecenaries take contracts. Sure once that contract is up, your welcome to attempt to purchase their services.

However any Merc that would flush a contract to immediately attack a former employer isn't a Merc, he is just a thug.

I am a mercenary, but as such I make sure that any contracts I take don't conflict with my values or personal views thats just good business. Also I don't break my contracts.

If these mercs are any different then who ever hired them made a bad call, but I believe Loren to be an honest trox... however time will tell.

(( This would be like a group of Muslims approaching the Swedish Mercs guarding the Pope and offering to double their pay for the next 20 yrs if they would knock off the Pope, or simply look the other way... ))

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    All these orgs who are offering money are (I think) just tower bangers and yer typical power-gamers.
    I'm proud to say that yes, I bang towers.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Fixerben does a Beavis & Butthead impression.

Fixerbutthead: uhhh he he he...He said he bangs towers. Tower banger. I wonder if the metal is cold.

Fixerbeavis: Shutup Fixerbutthead.

Fixerbutthead: Fixerbeavis, dont make me smack you...

Scene continues...

What's funny to me, is that when it's a group of NPC Nuetral mercenaries, (Loren Warr, etc.) everybody suddenly understands they they are for hire, and can work FOR them for the right price.
    but when it comes to PC Neutral mercenaries (and there's quite a lot of them out there), they want to dismiss them immediately as enemies and that they all should die.

Ill add 25m.. As the boys over at 3305 Local say (and i seem to agree) "If it tabs, kill it".

Sorta puts this whole neut thing into perspective doesnt it?

-boco
    Audaz
    Level 220/AI18 Vampire(RK1)
    Boco
    Level 212/AI14 Techno-Wizard (RK1)
    Advisor of Synergy Factor
    Founder/Former DJ, GridStream Productions

<Chanell> every time i see "this account will remain active" in some engis sig i hear a "cha-ching cha-ching"

Beardedone1++;

*cough Circle G are Mercenaries cough*

Originally posted by Boco
    Ill add 25m.. As the boys over at 3305 Local say (and i seem to agree) "If it tabs, kill it".
    -boco
    thanks for proving my point.

((OOC)) I just want to know what ever happened to the Clans who were out there who started the game who were fighting for Freedom and Independance. Wonder what game they went to. I kinda figured this would have been a wake up call pointing out the fact that something went wrong somewhere along the line.

I find it funny that I thought Neutrals and Clans were almost the same thing ideologically with the exception that Neutrals simply didn't want to be governed by the Clan government. Funny that things didn't work out that way. I don't know what the Clans represent anymore. I'll have to go back and read my history as I honest to god can't figure out the goals of the Clans other than world domination. If that earns you angel wings in the Shadowlands expansion, then I really want nothing to do with this game anymore.

Azzazzimon, Asmoran and the rest...

Perhaps you are going about this the wrong way.
    Obviously the Mercenaries have been paid and will
    come to NewLand to fulfill their contract. the Mercs
    also seem to have a personal grudge against clan
    also. I see the easiest way to combat these mercenaries
    would be to contact Mr. Simon Silverstone. I am positive
    he would be delighted to take your money and liberate
    Newland City from these Mercenaries.

Why not fight Thugs with Thugs?

Just an Idea...

~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    ((OOC)) I just want to know what ever happened to the Clans who were out there who started the game who were fighting for Freedom and Independance. Wonder what game they went to. I kinda figured this would have been a wake up call pointing out the fact that something went wrong somewhere along the line.

I find it funny that I thought Neutrals and Clans were almost the same thing ideologically with the exception that Neutrals simply didn't want to be governed by the Clan government. Funny that things didn't work out that way. I don't know what the Clans represent anymore. I'll have to go back and read my history as I honest to god can't figure out the goals of the Clans other than world domination. If that earns you angel wings in the Shadowlands expansion, then I really want nothing to do with this game anymore.
    HELLO? DO I NOT EXIST?!?

What do you think I have been doing for months and months and months? That is the point of my characters existence. Read the thread for the RMC.

At the moment there are 2 sides to the Clans. Those that support the Sentinels and those that support Freedom and Democracy, my friends and I, and members from other factions have begun talking about such things. We have a meeting tonight @ 7pm EST (12am GMT)
    Last edited by Fixerben; Feb 4th, 2003 at 19:47:57.

Originally posted by Fixerben

HELLO? DO I NOT EXIST?!?

What do you think I have been doing for months and months and months? That is the point of my characters existence. Read the thread for the RMC.
    ((OOC))Note the 'OOC' in front of my post. You do matter. Unfortunately, unless FunCom starts listening to the creative people, you can't do anything to help. I'd love to join your coalition and have FunCom place some RMC guards around our mining complex. I just don't think that'll happen. You have to see who is running the game (in player terms, that is) and it's people who just don't care. I still say I gotta respect Storm to date for actually staying in character despite their effect on certain other aspects of the game. They really seem to be fighting Omni-Tek.

I thought we could make a positive difference in the game by illustrating the frustration we have been having with the game as whole and get some sort of dialogue started. All we have now are people who don't really care taking all of this as an excuse to persecute the weak even more often. I shudder to think what some of these people might be like in real life. As someone else stated in another thread, it's likely they used to pull the wings off of flies as children.

You can't have fun in a game where the 'dungeon master' (FunCom) allows these sort of people to control things. You end up with the few setting the agenda for the whole.

I'd really love to see people like you Ben be put in charge of things. If FunCom had the guts to let those of us who could advance the Story along to have more impact, the entire playerbase would be served.

Those who proudly consider themselves 'tower bangers' only don't matter IMHO in the grand scheme of what could have made this game great. They could be given a completely flat and white playfield with red X's and blue O's and be just as happy capturing the flag. The concept of AO really hasn't sunk in to them and that's a shame. They'd just feel happy at the end of the day that they got two more X's to turn into O's. That's a degredation of this game to something way less than sophisticated.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast