Thread: Letters From Rubika

Cool Letters From Rubika

"hey doc you can't be serious you won't come for a beer ?" one of the fixers moaned "No I pretty bootstrapped right now, and I have some voicecom to send that I have been putting off for a while" she replied. Laughter rose tinged with a little disappointment. "Ok doc don't go getting too smart on us" one of them said. She closed the door on their teasing. Doc sighed heavily and rested her back against the door she could hear them going down the street full of high spirits and post mission excitement. No doubt they would be rehashing who had done the best job long into the night.

Pushing herself off the door with some effort she looked around her dim apartment. The weak light from a green lava lamp covered a multitude of sins but it was still a dump, peeling paint, unidentified stains marking the walls. The smell of notum gun lubricant and stale coffee stole over her and refrigerator rattled away in the corner, she knew the damn fridge was going to die soon and for a moment considered putting it out of its misery but she knew she couldn't afford a new one. She dropped her kit bag to the untidy floor and dumped her mausser on the table with a loud rattle starting a small avalanche of paper and empty coffee cups, "damn it" she cursed.

Plonking herself down on the chair she stretched to ease the ache in her upper body and loud popping noises issued from her neck. Her bleary eyes took in the mess of anatomy books, medical texts & empty ammunition boxes, she dropped her head into her hands and sighed. A few moments passed before she looked up and hunted through the piles on the table for her comms kit. She flipped open the screen on her rather battered looking computer. The screen flickered a little when she turned it on and it greeted her with a programmers idea of a cheery voice that made her want to drop her grenades on it. "Heya doc im your minipute 1000, todays your birth.." the voice cut off as she irritatedly flipped to the voice commms section.

She tapped in her homeworld address and town name scrolling down a very short list to the person she wanted. "hi guys, bet you all thought I was long gone and would never let you know how things are" she struggled to sound upbeat and cheerful. "Well I finally made it gang I'm a combat medic on the Rubi Ka". "things are going great.... " the sound of her voice faded out as the memories flowed in.

The arrival hall was crowded with the newly disembarked, everyone seemed to know where they were going and she went with the flow to the registration counter trying hard not to gape at the huge display of some kind of giant worm being fought by a group brave colonists. The queue at the counter seemed to be moving along at such a fast pace she didnt get a chance to see half of what there was.

She yelped in pain as a large boot crashed down onto her foot. "Sorry" a tall soldier said. She rubbed her foot and glared at the squaddies gathered laughing at her. "Profession ?" a bored voice demanded, still trying to hold on to her gear and rub her foot while glaring at the soldier she turned flustered to the desk clerk, "pardon ? .. what did you say ?". "Profession, whats your profession ?", "oh uh Doctor" she still had trouble believing she was here and about to realise what she'd been dreaming about for so long. A loud laugh came from the soldiers behind "Doc eh" one of them leered and nudged his pal "well shes got the buns for it". She heard the clark say something behind her, "BUNS !!" she exclaimed. "Thank you here are your id cards and your seat assignment DocBuns", the clerk was leering at her with some plastic oustretched in his hand. "No no no I was talking to him when you asked my name !" she wailed. "To late now miss the shuttle is right though there" the clerk replied smugly. She stared in disbelief as the crowd carried her away from the counter and into the shuttle.

OOC lets have some replies if people want me to write more I will otherwise ill go back to just playing the game so be honest you could be saving me time =)

OOC: We're not here to help people save time Liked your story please continue. I usually skip long stories but when I start to read one I like to see the ending too
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

OCC : Hihi Nice start doc... hope you continue on it..!! but dont burn yourself out writing it.

*me looking forward for next part!!!
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe