Well I'm clan through and through which is why I'm here. My home planet Verena is one of the small ones in the other spiral arm and not to put too fine a point on it it is dull with a capital D. The Legion scored a big victory there way back and there haven't been any threats to it since. Basically my career there would have been security guard, policeman, nightwatchman in that order. Looking back I don't even know why I trained as a soldier, I guess it just seemed like a good idea at the time, I'm glad I did now like, but back then it was just daft.

So I wandered round that back-water for a bit, tried my hand at big game hunting, they have so REALLY big game in Verena. They don't call it the home of the megatiger for nothing. Damn things are a good 10 metres tall at the shoulder, but they aren't a challenge. They prey on things like giant blubags so intelligence isn't their forte if you know what I mean, Hunting them is more a case of making sure the rocket is on target than anything else. Like I said the planet is really dull, although taking one on with a hand knife is quite interesting (just back yourself up first..)

Any how I'm getting off track. Three or so months back we get news that theres some kind of rebellion going on on a little planet Omni-Tek have taken over. The clans have decided they've had enough of the torture and punishment beatings and such like and are actually trying to take power. Everyone on Verena is psyched it's been ages since the legion went to war but there was no way they'd pass up a chance to get their teeth into somoe corporates. Something must be really wrong with the command is all I can say.. Too far away... Not our concern... possible losses too high. The excuses went on and on and boiled down to 'we can't be bothered'. Pathetic isn't it. Well some of us got together, sold all of our kit, had ourselves cryo frozen and got passage on a big lifter to Rubi-ka. I don't know if you know this but one of the main reasons no one goes cryo frozen any more is the loss of memory. Something about neurons leaking at low tempertures or some such rubbish. Which is why it was CHEAP. Of course waking up having forgotten most of my training and even my name for a little while was not so good.

Finally having gotten fairly sorted out I went throught the clan quarantine and such and entered what they called the Climatisation area. You all know it, it's packed with rats and birds and those little annoying talking things called leets. Luckily they give you a standard equipment kit as well as a skin suit or I would have been naked and weaponless! Anyhow I take a look around and decide this isnt for me and try to leave. Only I can't until I've reached a standard proficiency level of at least 4. Trying to blag it and claiming my pre-amnesia prof level didn't work so it's back to the garden to kill some wildlife and try and prove I really am that good.

Hooked up with a couple of people One of my friends from Verena Niggling an Agent type. Yuv whose a metaphysic of some kind certainly can summon some nasty beasties, and Wills who is a soldier like me.
Cut a long story short we quickly proved our collective worth and entered Tir. Where upon I instantly got lost! Niggling collapsed in a corner and had a bit of a fit (he does that sometimes.. so do I actually it's cos there is something in Verena's air that isn't in Rubi-ka's). Finally I got to the mission booths where the other two where, although I visited mongol meat on no fewer than 3 occasions! First time out on a mission and we get an Execution job. Some perp was mouthing off over the grid and we had to go in and check him out. Fairly straight forward job actually. I wasn't very well defended just a few probe droids and such. The metaphysics tell us that technology certainly won't solve all of our problems, I think the technology has realised who is giving it the bad press as every room we entered the droid locked onto yuv immediately. Luckily halfway round I found an agression booster so they were soon concentrating on me!

We had a good night, did three missions and futhered the clans cause a little. I even made enough money to buy a helmet and a better gun. Admittedly something seems to have crawled into the air filter of the elmet and died and the gun wasn't the most ammo conservative of the lot but they helped me a lot the next day when I went solo.

Having randomly been handed some cash the night before (I think it's probably a loan of some sort and probably the guy mistook me for someone else..) I decided to splash out on an energy gun as my solar powered rifle basically was worthless and my slug thrower didn't do the sheer amount of damage I'd like to see. Grabbed myself a battered old Electrosubdeur with the optional Fling attachment. It's a nice gun for the money as most people don't wear much in the way of radiation armour, good rate of fire too but exspensive to keep in ammo.

First solo mission went ok, nothing to write home about, the guy I was offing wasn't well protected and my electro gun took him down quite easily thankyou. The next mission was more of the same although this guy was hiding in a hive and for some reason had surrounded himself with clawfingers. Clawfingers are not pleasant I can tell you, they don't seem much affected by my energy gun and they laughed at my slug thrower, eventually I just had to grapple the thing to the ground and beat it's head against the concrete until it expired. Really nasty, I was so close to calling the mission off (or finding myself at the nearest reclaim spot..) but luckily my trusty treatment pack picked me up off the floor. So I stepped back through the door and got hit in the head with a claw. There was another clawfinger hiding right behind the door! I was not impressed and I certainly wasn't feeling friendly. So we start grappling he's hacking lumps out of me and I'm trying to do to him what I did to his friend, when suddenly he goes limp and expires. I have NO idea what I did but I did feel quite tired and drained and had to sit down for a bit. I finally found the guy I had been sent to kill and equipping my electrogun proceeded to turn him into a steaming mess on the floor. To his credit he got some good shots in on me, but he was an amateur and I'm trained so you can tell what happened.

My next mission was a blow out, Central command wanted some secret information but when I got in there and searched the place there was none to be found. Omni-tek must have sent a sweep and clear team to tidy it up. It was really annoying, first failed mission so I cheered myself up with another two perp-executions. Some might say that I'm just bloodthirsty but I don't see it like that, I'm just upholding the TRUE Legions teachings not that stuff the Verena council spout now.

Anyway thats enough from me now..
Mawdrigen out.