Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild Appartments

Well I am a bit torn on the subject. On the one side I got a MA (highest level char I got) and I am thrilled by the expectations of the patch. But knowing the usual pattern this mean Guilds are pushed to 14.0, since FC normally do a content then a bug fix patch. i am betting on thats what will happen again - so dont get your hopes up yet - but we NEED guild support ingame soon.
    --
    Lwiz, MA and still dancing the minimum-damage-ring - until Patch 13.8 I hope
    Fleshwall, Enforcer doing 2hand egde for a change, and a lot of aggro
    Tamare, Trader by nature - radient looks

Re: Guild Appartments

Originally posted by ThePresident
    I have to answer questons regarding this EVERY DAY on Rubi-Ka.
    What am I to reply? Please give me a good answer, for me to give to your customers and my friends.
    Just for the record... FunCom has NOT given us any answers yet!

An I am a Doc, with MA skills... I hope those changes are helping me too..

Besides of that, AO is Great.
    But what can I say... Why stay in AO, when you have tried lvl'ing for x times? The Sosial point of view!

I do not lvl much any more... I have tried that plenty! Now it is RP for me, and it is fun. Had we been in a real world, by guildies could have build a shack with boards, found in a dumpster. But on Rubi-Ka... We need to sosialice... stay together and united.
    How are we then to beat the DB? We have no unity, and unity is created in guilds. Guilds work if the proper assets is in place. Like Guild Appartments! and Guild Banks... guild clothes! you name it.
    I am not asking for it all, but Appartment should be easy enough!

Last edited by ThePresident; Feb 15th, 2002 at 14:38:04.

Originally posted by Mallaien
    Please ROTATE the paintings, the only way to see a painting in a apartment is to place it on the floor, do you want me to walk all over the leader of Omni-tek?
    Its not just paintings, everything you can put in an appartment is 'drawn' the wrong way round although this isn't important for some of them. But in most houses, things like chest of drawers and fridges go against the wall, try doing that in your AO appartment...

And we want chairs! Tables! Beds!

Don't remember where I learned this, but there's actually a little trick to placing items in your apartment: the item will get placed facing the same direction that your character is facing when they drop the item.

So if you want to place a painting on the wall, you have to have your back to the wall when you drop it. Just go out to 3rd person view to place your furniture.

Smile OK!

I'll give it a go - still pretty stupid though - would you insall a chest of drawers facing the same way you are?

Yeah it does sound stupid, but FC didn't add any way to MOVE objects in the game, just pick them up or drop them. At least they provided SOME way to rotate furniture

Now, if anyone get tell me how to place ceiling fans successfully, I'm all ears That one I have NOT figured out.

Originally posted by Darkbane

Its not just paintings, everything you can put in an appartment is 'drawn' the wrong way round although this isn't important for some of them. But in most houses, things like chest of drawers and fridges go against the wall, try doing that in your AO appartment...

And we want chairs! Tables! Beds!
    Actually, it is backwards because the item always drops facing the way you are facing. Try turning, 3rd person cam, back up to the wall, then drop the 'fridge where you want it. If you line yourself up well (using the handy grid texture on the walls and the chat bar) it will drop perfectly and stay this way. Same goes for paintings I believe.

Edit: Oops, I should read the whole thread before responding. lol

Re: Guild Appartments

Originally posted by ThePresident
    I have read the 13,8 patch notes. And to my greate disapointment,there is not mentioned anything about Guild appartments. And to my knowledge, the Guild Appartment are not included in the patches 13,9 or 14,0 either.

These days many guild leaders leave Rubi-Ka. There are more and more of the inhabitans on Rubi-Ka, who is quitting because the sosial prospective is not taken care of.

I have mentioned this before, and I have a guild myself, and there are MANY of us Guild Leaders who are waiting for the Guild Appartmens! and furniture to put in them...

The only thing the GM are saying is, it is comming soon, but how long do we have to wait...

I have to answer questons regarding this EVERY DAY on Rubi-Ka.
    What am I to reply? Please give me a good answer, for me to give to your customers and my friends.

Yours Faithfully

JC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12