Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ma critbuff selfonly again!

Ma critbuff selfonly again!

I seriously think we should make the ma crit buff ma only, and that coming from an ma!
    Maby have a team critbuff instead with a lower crit chanse.

Why do i say this insane things?
    Well, it seriously imbalance pvp, the crit buffs seems to give an enourmous crit increase to everyone but the ma. And to make things worse alot of people refuse to pvp without a critt buff on.
    Stand around Tir arena/gird or mmd with your Ma and you will get tells ALL the time from ppl wanting VS or LMA.

Its funny seeing lvl 30-80 twinks begging for vs or lma then totally creaming their opponents in the arena with mulitple crits in a row!
    I have personally seen a lvl 76 enforcer with a ql 183 support beam crit 3 times in a row for 850 points all within a few seconds.
    If funcom wants to rebalance some aspects of pvp fix the crit buffs.

if they do then ill just reroll an MA with a shotgun or something. as will about 60% of people

Crit buff does'nt need to be self only, it needs to be fixed, along with scopes. This has already been said on other posts by Cz that the crit buff does way more then it should, I think VS was like 60% crit instead of 13%, If FC would fix the % on the buff and scopes then there would be no problem.

Make MA crit buff only work with punching.

Problem solved.

Well.... it has been proposed... elsewhere, that the ma crit buff be split into two seperate crit buffs. One for melee, and the other for ranged, with the ranged one being given to (who better ) soldiers.

... Ok ok fine, this is just selfish whining by a soldier wishing he was viable in the game, so sue me .

lol Sredni, I like that...

MAs have green bow skill, and if prices of arrows ever come down, people may complain again.

As to Phiona's comment..... I go MA almost all the time and buff everyone on my team. I don't bother with MP profession yet, as I'm too busy trying to fit into QL188 ranee at lvl 68 (well, I can fit into it right now, just need mochams for deprives and time with my guild's trader)

Although I'm seriously contemplating putting a waltzing queen on my MA...

Angry retarded

Thats retarded. keep crit way it is. its a game leave the friggin thing alone. pl pay for it now why lose anymore.... the hell with what people think is right. you rmakin money now keep it that way.

And wtf give NTs back their real range with the range increasers.

i own.

i already mentioned this in another post but i guess ill mention it again. MAs DONOT need to use ma skill to fight! they can use other weapons. if you make it self only you'd see shotgun ma rerolls everywhere and they'd prolly dominate thus set the balance off again thus ppls asking for nerfs again. stupid, worthless, waste of time on the programmers. hell they can even dual rider exes. it just wouldnt work. punching is melee damage and so are many melee weapons obviously. dont like how ma skill works with a ma? the solution is simple, use another weap.

Leave the crit buff as it is and add a new nano for MAs : a crit debuff with the same modifier (but negative) as the buff.

Pvm would stay the same but it would fix pvp and MAs would be feared

Re: Ma critbuff selfonly again!

Originally posted by Vandame
    I seriously think we should make the ma crit buff ma only, and that coming from an ma!
    Maby have a team critbuff instead with a lower crit chanse.

Why do i say this insane things?
    Well, it seriously imbalance pvp, the crit buffs seems to give an enourmous crit increase to everyone but the ma. And to make things worse alot of people refuse to pvp without a critt buff on.
    Stand around Tir arena/gird or mmd with your Ma and you will get tells ALL the time from ppl wanting VS or LMA.

Its funny seeing lvl 30-80 twinks begging for vs or lma then totally creaming their opponents in the arena with mulitple crits in a row!
    I have personally seen a lvl 76 enforcer with a ql 183 support beam crit 3 times in a row for 850 points all within a few seconds.
    If funcom wants to rebalance some aspects of pvp fix the crit buffs.
    Agreed

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Originally posted by Phionna
    if they do then ill just reroll an MA with a shotgun or something. as will about 60% of people
    Good luck and enjoy starting to do 171 levels again. I know sure as hell I wouldn't. Not that I ever used a critbuff anyway.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Just to let you guys all know I've passed the self-only suggestion onto the designers. Gathering input from threads all over the place (as there are quite a few concerning this topic now), I made the case (both sides of it) and it is now with them. I'll keep you up to date on its movements.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Why is a change that would unbalance PvM even further beeing considered to balance PvP? Nerf the big minimum dmg on nukes as well then.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Just to let you guys all know I've passed the self-only suggestion onto the designers. Gathering input from threads all over the place (as there are quite a few concerning this topic now), I made the case (both sides of it) and it is now with them. I'll keep you up to date on its movements.
    I'm glad I have a reputation as being a nice MA. At least some people will still invite me out of pitty. Who am I kidding? No one will want me anymore if they make our crit buffs self only. It's bad enough that it now takes me 8 hours of team missions to get that 12 mil XP to level. Soloing, it will take me about 2 weeks to level.

youre right cson :P

if I still played and this did happen would see no good reason to have an MA in the team...

Well, why not make all nanos self only?

Why just Sub G? Why not Essence, wrangles, HE, HoTs?

It's not just Sub G which is f..ing up PvP. Everyday I see solitus MAs in the Arena about 2 heads taller than my max size Atrox enforcer with the best essence for his lvl.

What about enforcers who get HE to chain cast Mongo? What about MAs who get HE to chain heal?

All outside buffs has a proability to upset PvP balance.

Either stop PvPing(which I might do) or deal with it. I do not support or condone any of this, but it's the rules we have to live by at the moment.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

Someone made suggestion...

Which I think is very good. Sorry for not crediting the one I heard it from but I honestly dont remember who it was (lets be assured though that I didnt come up with this).

Someone suggested that MA crit buff would be made possibly into two gategories.

One which would be self only and possibly real good but would only function with melee/bow.

Second which would be still quite nice but which would function like Engineer/Crat aura nanos (yeah I know, I hate that spam too). This way it would be real nice for teams (since it would take even less space) and it would only benefit those taking MA to the team.

No more there would be people getting MA buffs from MA and leaving him outside. You want crit buff? Keep MA along and benefit from their crit increasing aura.

I think this was good idea. What do you think?

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 5 and 140

PS. Give soldiers self only Crit buff! (not as good as MA but something). Its only thing to make me like my soldier even more I like it now.

As someone else said, why not make all external buffs cancel when entering an arena (and ONLY an arena). If the clans are invading 2ho you'd better believe that I'm gonna get an essense.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Making the MA buffs be self only would radically alter the balance for high level players.

Most high level players fight in groups with MA crit buffs on themselves all the time, either from an MA or an agent in false profession MA. They have chosen their weapons based upon this fact, in some cases choosing a dark blue skill weapon (shotgun) over their green skill weapon because the shotgun + crit buff = huge damage.

So this will totally screw over a lot of professions... while having little or no effect on others.

If the goal is to make pet professions even >more< powerful, then go for it.

rofl..
    not only will it make PvM more tedious and boring...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast