Thread: MY experience with PVP

MY experience with PVP

Being a new player since beta.. most things excite you. LEveling fast and notcing qutie a difference in damage and such. I have been trying to PvP since I was a bout level 15 Agent. All the experiences I went with were in the Arena at this time. I walk on in and get jumped by a level 8 doctor who I was only hitting for 5 ma damage, and well he was hitting me in the 80's I was dead fairly quick.. Then I go in again this time an enforcer about level 19 I think. I rooted em down and got pretty far away since they can hit at a good distance with a melee attack. I start shotting and boom got a crit I guess of around 95. Then started shooting regulars... 5 damage.... 5 damage.... then he walked over and hit me once with regular attack for about 160. So no go against those two. I went out and leveled up for a couple days then went to a open PVP zone. I am level 30 now and still no confidence but went in anyways. A level 27 trader came through the grid and started with me by casting root. Mean while I was cloaked and sneaking and hidden on top of a roof. That all sounds good, but means nothing with the all mighty tab button, show names clicked on, and show other effects off. I get the first shot off wahoo not bad hit of 130 which is my regular hit on any MOB, I then realised it was a crit after I started hitting him for 5 ... 5. .... 5.... then he casted deprive skills on me... then he shot my as up with regular... fling shot and such... 260 260 260= I am dead. I liked this game in beta, PvP some there though in later halfs of beta2 and begining of 3 with flammers .. :-P. I am sorry but that is not fun to me to be owned by every other class let alone every other person who is twinked to all hell. I wish I could play with others and PvP without worrying about every other person has 50 million creds on his level 20 guy. I really do not know what to tell anyone. All I can tell you is this story.

I conclude tha Agent class does not have any weapons that compare to most others. Heard about the stigma though that will be great but Agent still lacks a little bit unless I plan on power leveling to become the "twink master" or so I heard. There has to be something done about twinking. Let it being wiping out ips and put equip in inv, or making a BRAND NEW server with twink stopping upgrades. Please there has to be something done. I am not mad that the AGent class is weak as I am about level 25's using level 70 weapons.

Most of this is my opinion and I have a hard time to think of ANYTHING supporting twinking is good. I really want to play.

Yep. You are a poster boy for why over-equiping needs to be looked at.

I'm sorry you've had such bad experiences. PVP can be fun but everyone who competes these days is very twinked.

Anyone who doesn't have a level 100+ sugar daddy to equip their lowbies is pretty much out of luck ATM.

Anyway, sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. If you do really want to PVP I suggest you level your agent way up and get gear for a noob to PVP with. or level your AGENT WAY WAY WAY up (150+) and then PVP with him.

RE::

Thanks for the reply. It helps me work with the game when people understand my problem like that. I figured that is what I will have to do. The leveling up to 150++ . I leveled really fast in beta with my ol soldier, may be some of you heard of me my name was usually "Daehawk". I came back now to see how the game has progressed. I love how FunCom listned to us beta testers most the time. I hope they figures something out cause it may be hard to level up to 150++ with school going on.

Thanks for the support I will try to stick with it and hope Funcom has some ideas up their sleeves as they so often do.

please learn to use paragraphs, its annoying to read all that without any spacing.

Well....

Cannot reply to that... didnt know my old teacher was on this forum I am sorry you cannot read it without it being in perfect paragraph form.
    New twink free server?
    or IP wipe?
    Or character wipe?

Originally posted by iNeD
    please learn to use paragraphs, its annoying to read all that without any spacing.
    So is this kind of posts

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

you're nuts

Agents are some of the most effective, twinkable characters in pvp - especially at your lvl.

I am amazed by the amount of ppl that play this game & are too lazy to improve their character, then meander into a pvp zone, get owned & whine about over-equippers.

If it truly concerns you that much then spend some time learning the game & learning about what buffs other classes have that can help you to equip better weaps, armor, etc. . .

I guess it has to do with the type of personality you have in RL. For me, no matter what I'm doing or what sport I'm playing, it is always my goal to dominate. When I get together with the guys to play a pickup game of football, I'm not there to just "have fun" & "to enjoy the roleplaying aspect". I'm there to win.

Well that was kind of a rant I guess, but at least it was paragraphed =P

I guess my point is, if you're not going to come into a 25% zone prepared, then don't come in at all (or if you do, don't complain when you get whooped).

For a lot of guys, pvp is the most interesting aspect of this game. . . don't try to ruin it for us - just stay away.

Agrees with ironphist, partly.

But why arent all players on the same level considering over-equipping, when all there is to do is kill kill kill.

Should everyone be forced to start the same proffesions cause its the only ones good in pvp, is that the game we want?

Certainly not the game i want i want soldiers and some others to pvp and i want traders and engineers to build cool weapons for those that pvp and i want crats to have some political influence, and so on.

Agreed on the point dont whine when you get ganked its the game of today, i get ganked every time so i just avoid those zones.

Originally posted by Whites

Should everyone be forced to start the same proffesions cause its the only ones good in pvp, is that the game we want?

Certainly not the game i want
    I agree. . . the thing is that I think currently, you can find a representative from almost every profession who is a very good pvp'r. THere are some professions of course that really are poor at pvp, but I can only think of a couple - Crats, . . . well ok, I guess crats are the only one I can think of (I would think Fixers would be pretty weak too, but I've seen Novice & Apprentice Fixers).

I know that at certain levels, certain professions seem to get stronger or weaker, like engy's seem to get pretty powerful at higher lvls (130+?) because of their slayerdroids. . . but MA's tend to get weaker as they get 100+.

So

According to all I missed out on the part in beta testing when we decided twinking to be the over all part of levels 1-100. Hanging out in AnarchyOnline chat and beta chat all day long we always said it would be the players that would destroy a game. I have spent plenty of time in AO and played for hours and put in my time, yet I will never catch up to the level of people till I get to level 125.

Understanding all of this, I should just play and ignore the story line...pvp....and yep I have actually ran into groups that only accept twinked people.

I do not really hate powergamming but this is powergamming^2. BUT yes BUT I will continue to go on. My main concern is not only my playability issue but the introduction of new players to AO.

I am not completly new as I stated before. I was high level most the time and now that I think about it I would probably twink my character if I wanted to make a new one. At the same time, I would have supported anything to stop twinking..well not exactly twinking ... give the person some cr but damned if a level 25 player should equip level 75 things.

That is my opinion and I am glad to hear yours. Thanks for the replies I love hearing what others think.
    New twink free server?
    or IP wipe?
    Or character wipe?

Hehe ironphist im a crat , get my point

Actually alot of higher lvl crats have titles but they achieved them by not playing their char as crats.

I mean they dont shuffle paper instead they get the biggest shotgun and up evades and dont give a damn about nanoskills to some extent.

No offence meant to the crats that pvp im talking about a few i know that have titles.

Whites lvl 136 crat