Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NANOMAGE LIBERATION FRONT Rises again!

From what I have seen, we dont actually know where Notum comes from, so how are we sure it isn't a renewable resource? I think I will wait for the scientist on Jobe to publish some of their results from the project "Shadowlands" which I have heard about recently, before I make any predictions about how much Notum is left.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

(( OOC /me rubs his chin and grins ))
    Amado "Ramiyana" Kuiper
    President of |REBEGIN|Strength, Purity, Vision

Co-Founder of The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by lilnymph
    From what I have seen, we dont actually know where Notum comes from, so how are we sure it isn't a renewable resource? I think I will wait for the scientist on Jobe to publish some of their results from the project "Shadowlands" which I have heard about recently, before I make any predictions about how much Notum is left.

Hugs

lilnymph
    And while waiting more and more notum is mined.

You are right, we don't know for sure. But what if NLF is right, what if the Jobe scientist finds that there is a depletable source of notum. And by not waiting for any such results before mining like crazy we deplete it. What if it could be averted by stopping the notum mining now? Then we get a whole breed of people dying. For what? For money! That is unacceptable.

People, we can not let our greed lead us into potential disaster. Stop this **** of Rubi-Ka.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Now now, as an Omni-Tek employee I can tell you that Notum mining is perfectly safe with minimal damage to the environment. As a nanomage I am not concerned by the possibility that the supply is finite, beause if it were the company would know as well and I would be one of the first people to worry about such a thing. So as you can see, there is no need for concern.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Garret 'Necc' Scheer

And while waiting more and more notum is mined.

You are right, we don't know for sure. But what if NLF is right, what if the Jobe scientist finds that there is a depletable source of notum. And by not waiting for any such results before mining like crazy we deplete it. What if it could be averted by stopping the notum mining now? Then we get a whole breed of people dying. For what? For money! That is unacceptable.

People, we can not let our greed lead us into potential disaster. Stop this **** of Rubi-Ka.
    Well, your own worse case scenario puts Notum running out in 100 years, and that is with no scientific basis whatsoever. however I believe we should have some results from them in a couple of months, surely you can wait that long before you start calling for a total halt on the only thing bring investment, and therefore keeping the terraforming machines working, on this planet. Remember it isn't JUST notum you need to survive.........

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Ok, *takes deep breath and feels the notum*...rightyo, you want some info. Although this puts some of my sources for information at great risk I can give away some of it....

Omni is currently running a project of trans-dimensional experiments using notum to open these gates. This is (or was) under the control of a Professor Maitland and a group of NTs. During the experiments they discovered the source of the notum, and also the "true" source of the universe (please note it wasn't the big bang).

For those who believe that notum is a renewable resource, let me remind you that even Omni-Tek have said it will run out eventually at the mining rates. And that since the expansion of mining recently the overall levels of which effecting people, partically around Rome has been serious effected (see Omni news a couple months back). The true extent to which it is being drained is what is in question here, and as a clanner IiInymph I am sure you can easily tell us how good Omni is at telling us the exact truth in regards to anything, let alone notum.

I am an NT, I am a nanomage, and as such we're probably the nearest thing to being notum incarnate you'll find. We know the notums patchy, heck we can't hit sod all and know fine well how bad the situation is on this planet. We NTs live and research notum daily. We live for it just as much it allows us to live.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

All I know about it is no one (in the public domain) really knows where it comes from, before the ground, so how can we be SURE it isn't renewable? I am not saying it is likely it is, or I think it is. I am just pointing out another possiblity. And I find it interesting you are perfectly willing to trust Omni-Tek on the fact it WILL run out, but refuse to believe the dates they give you, because Omni-Tek lies. Isn't it a reasonable theory that Omni-Tek might know Notum is renewable, but are claiming it will run out, so they can limit supply and push up the price?

As you pointed out I am a clanner, but first and foremost I am a collector and trader of information. I never make definate assumtions without solid evidence, and I am afraid untill the (now independant from all factions on and Off Rubi-ka) Jobe scientists make some offical report on this subject, or I can lay my hands on some unoffical reports from them, I am not going to give much credence to the criers of Doom, Especially ones who both trust and distrust the same source

Hugs

LiLnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

While you may be right Lilnymph, I feel, and I'm quite certain some of the Nanomage population do aswell, that it's better to be safe than sorry. Wouldn't you agree?

As I said earlier, if Notum is not a renewable resource then we're in trouble at the rate mining is going now. I say again; Is money more worth than the lives of the Nanomage population?

I find this answer to be a simple one. No!
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

I am not saying take no action, I am saying hold off action for a couple of Months, untill the we have some more information. Your estimates give us a 100 years before Notum runs out, surely you can wait a couple of months. Remember, without a breathable atmosphere and pretection from radiation Nanomages will die just as quickly as without Notum, and that is what will happen if the Terraforming equipment fails. And THAT is what will happen if investment is pulled out of Rubi-Ka. We do not live on a planet with a fully functioning Bio-Sphere. We havea small area of terraformed planet, kept that way by technology. The rest of the planet is an unihabital wasteland. Try not to save yourself from one danger, only to destroy yourself in the process.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

**((OOC the best source of information for current and coming news is actually ingame. So far I use two npc's in Omni Trade (ones an NT and ones a Crat I think), the NT gives info on the Shadowlands experiments and what Prof Maitland is up to. The Crat gives info on how Omni-Pol and AF are currently at war with each other after Ross was kicked from power and Eva took control, also lots of other news about the true politics behind Omni there.

I really have to recommend everyone paying a visit to these guys, the news is out there, it just needs to be found...meanwhile the IR keeps searching for leads about Radiman ))**
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Nyadach
    heck we can't hit sod all
    ((thats true, i've seen Nyadach miss a barn at five paces ))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

(( lol thanks Doc, had to come up with some reason for fumble, counter, blackhole, fumble, fumble, hit, repeat since those from the powers that be can't...so think its gotta be notum shortage or that of a major dev shortage )).
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Ok

lets say i was looking for power lvl and and hardcore players could u point me in the right direction?

what many fail to realize is that Notum is not simply an element. Rubi-Ka is not simply a planet. Nanomages are not simply a breed of Homo. We have a deep and SPIRITUAL connection to Notum and Rubi-Ka. We feel the planet bleeding, we hear it screaming, we see it being ravaged as we speak. Now many Nanomage have ignored the signs, falling for the propoganda, and the Solitus and Opifex run institutions that control the galaxy can afford to be wrong about Notum being renewable. We have no choice! Nanomage people are on the verge of extinction for the sake of profit, most of which is taken off of Rubi-Ka. We care not for the struggle between Clan and Omni, both are guilty of crimes against Nanomage kind. All we seek is a future.

Rubi-Ka will survive without Notum export, in fact it will be so much better. A healthy planet is a prosperous planet

May Rubi-ka guide your way
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Verge of extinction? your Estimates place it at 100yrs, so I would hardly call it the verge. I am not saying take NO action, I am saying wait a few months untill we have scientific evidence and can see what action will be best. Acting and making judgements without evidence and facts is one of the most stupid things it is possible to do. You are supposed to be Nanomages, not Atrox. This planet CAN NOT survive without investment. The planet itself CAN NOT support life. The only reason we can live here at all is because of technology holding a small area of terraformed land together. Without investment this technology will fail, the Terraformed land will die, and so will every one of us. Unless you can think of a new way to ensure continued investment in Rubi-Ka, Calling a halt to mining is not only stupid, it is suicidal, and will kill the nanomages MUCH faster than the mining will.

However if you want to do that, feel free. After all, I can always leave on one of the transports before the Terraformed area collapses. You can't.

To continue an example from above, is it really a good idea to turn your car away from a ravine with the spiders, only to drive straight into the path of an on coming train?

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

dont towers mine notum.. in that case clans have been mining more notum than omni tek... i dont see what the bigg huff and fuss is about but seriosly stop blaming omni tek for something everyone is contributing to
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Lankybill... Omni-Tek has many HUGE mining sites, with MASSIVE export abilities. Clan + Neutrals drillers + even Omni orgs drillers should be a small % of what Omni-tek drills.

And even if clans+neutrals tower mined a good amount of notum ((relative to what Omni-tek do, not the Omni-tek players guilds)) it's only for months while Omni-tek is doing it for hundred of years. Look: October 19 28718, Omni-Tek opens the first notum mine. ((http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...ndex.html?s=30))
    In case you do not know we are now in 29477...
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

The true NLF

ICC is very interested in the actions of the NLF. After many months of infiltration we had managed to infect their Leader and caused her demise. That a skilled physician was able to counter our efforts was unforseen. We had also created discent amoung their ranks and splintered it into a non functioning group. These people are a threat to our current plans for increased notum exportation.

As noted in memorandum 1456-b to all peoples of Rubi-Ka interested in the increase notum exportation should actively and deliberately exterminate by any means necessary all those who in any way inhibit or conduct terrorist acts to hinder this goal.

May I remind all of you who currently see the benefits of this increased production that any slow down in notum mining will be met with sever punishment from off world consortia and their vast military alliances.

ICC views all citizens of Rubi-Ka as key components in ensuring the profitability and stability of the SOL Banking corp. Any thing to disrupt this would cause extreme hardship for countless of planets and people who have now become dependent on the Notum derived from Rubi-Ka. That all those emplyed and receiving benefits from the notum exportation have allowed this fanitical group to take a foot hold again is most disturbing and will now lead to ICC becoming more involved in ensuring that our vision for the Galaxy is not hindered.

Let it be known we do not mind crushing a few eggs to ensure that our omlet comes out just right.

Originally posted by lilnymph
    Verge of extinction? your Estimates place it at 100yrs, so I would hardly call it the verge.
    You know, you are right. 100 years isn't on the verge, its on the bleeding edge. To you 100 years may seem like a long time, but what about your great great grand children? Its only about 10 years away when they are born into this world. The action you take now effects people for generations to come. I bet the dinosaurs from pre-historic earth WISH they had a 100 year warning. But for them, it was lights out with one HUGE rock. This is what you are doing to Rubi-Ka, one small rock at a time. We Nanomage have a connection to Notum that no other species has.
    We feel the pain that you and others are inflicting on this planet, because it hurts us as well.

-Tifanyx

i guess they cant help it if nanomages are gimp ;[

-boco
    Audaz
    Level 220/AI18 Vampire(RK1)
    Boco
    Level 212/AI14 Techno-Wizard (RK1)
    Advisor of Synergy Factor
    Founder/Former DJ, GridStream Productions

<Chanell> every time i see "this account will remain active" in some engis sig i hear a "cha-ching cha-ching"

Beardedone1++;

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast