Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Of Hawks and Doves

...little did Radein realize that he was being watched.

Reluctantly, Emiliy had deactivated Grrrrrrr and removed her white cloak and hood, instead donning her armour and helmet. Her torch still floated ever so close above her right shoulder, casting its illumination down upon her, lighting her way through the thunderstorm that raged overhead.

Notum staff in hand, she had followed him. From the RMC meeting to the west end of Tir...
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Slowly moving her head up off of the pillow that was still damp from her tears, Randa groaned as she steadyed herself against the back of the bed that she was laying on in her apartment. She rubbed her forehead, wondering if she had just fallen asleep or had passes out. To her, it didn't much matter, the two were one and the same since yesterday when she had herd about Malcom.

Glancing over at the display that she had hovering over her bed, Randa saw the results of the scan that she had started a while ago. Looking at the results, she grabbed her comm and started toward the door, off to see someone about what she had found...
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

...Radein glanced around as he approached Amacia's apartment, smiling.

"The fools don't even suspect a thing..."

...What was he mumblin' about? Emiliy thought to herself, watching him stride arrogantly through the doors and into...

A sudden cloak of darkness fell over her, and she collapsed into the wall beside her. The dizzy spells that had plagued her mind and body for the past few days were becoming more frequent; more intollerable. She pressed her palm to her forehead, bowing her head slightly.

"Oowwww..." It seemed as if her mind was imploding slowly, the severity accelerating rapidly.

As her eyes slowly grasped the limited light of the surrounding world, she could see that Radein had vanished. Sighing heavily, Emiliy turned her back to the wall and, pressing against it, slowly slid down to a sitting position. She had walked what seemed like miles - through each street and alley of West Athen; inspected every damaged and broken building in Old Athen, surveying the remnants of the evils of war; and finally to Tir, when she had seen him, cackling wildly with no one but a Sentinel around.

At first, the walking was invigorating, and the sights made her heart leap with excitement and dull the tremendous pain and sadness that lurked inside. But as she had walked, it became increasingly difficult. Her muscles increasingly seemed as if they were failing her, weakening with fatigue.

By the time Emiliy had convinced her stubborn mind that it might be wise to return home, Randa's voice had errupted over her comm. With a sudden burst of adrenaline Emiliy had done her best to simply get rid of her. An elusive rage nagged at her soul, for which Emiliy had no explanation.

Stumbling through the Whompha, the world around her fading ever more, she had emerged, facing Vixentrox. And from there, Emiliy remembered very little...
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Evening
    4 Feb 29477

Cathern reflected on the latest events. RMC.....they wanted too much, too fast. A simple you don't attack us, we don't attack you is all that needed to be said. Lexy had made a scene at the meeting preaching her new beliefs on how traitours we are. Well...the meeting was made public...what did they expect. Suprised no one thought to bomb the place.

After the meeting, Cathern seen Emiliy and walked with her to Athen. It seems young Emiliy had been given a package of The Cup coffee by an Omni-Pol officer. The realization that the bomb had been ment for her instead of Malcom caused her to fall over...passed out with a nasty head wound. She opened up a comm to Maephina. "Mae, come help me carry Emiliy to my apartment...she has passed out..and hurt her head." Mae showed up promtly, help tend the wounds...then departed on some urgent business.

Her comm started going again....this time it was Lesentia. Lesentia needed to see her. Cathern didn't fully trust a this member or any other member of OTSEC...but...she had been close to Malcom and was hurting now. "Compassion must win over distrust this time" she thought. "Yes...I will come to Reet's..be there shortly".
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Evening
    February 4, 29477

That traitor Lexusstreak had come to the RMC meeting. Rudely late. He had restrained himself and not said anything upon her entering. He had even restrained himself when she blurted out warmongering comments. But he could not restrain himself the entire time.

[BEGIN RECORDING]

Uwen: I just wanted to say that the guards would have to be calmed if we hold it in OT territory because if they are killed, Omni Employees could be looked at as traitors.

Fixerben: Uwen

Nevver: Definitely, Uwen

Fixerben: I killed Clan guards.

Uwen: I know Ben, I helped you. But those are Sentinels

Nelida: as Clan did here it should be the OT that does the calming
    and I don't recomend killing OT guards...Sentinels are criminals

Lexusstreak growls

Uwen: We aren't traitors for killing Sentinels, despite Lexus

Lexusstreak: you ARE traitors

Daimoness: I wonder what the difference between Omni-Pol guards and Sentinels is, though.

Lexusstreak: look at yourselves

Uwen: You are the traitor, but we need to leave politics out of this

Lexusstreak: conspiring with omni tek

Fixerben: Lex would you please leave.

Uwen: I second that

Lexusstreak: and you call the sentinels criminals?

Uwen: Yes I do

Nelida: that was my fault...I'm sorry for the politics

Lexusstreak: who are you to know what a criminal is?

Nelida: ok, I admit I started that...but please stop now

Fixerben: Lex, would you please leave?

Uwen: I.... nevermind, I will stop Nel

Lexusstreak: quite frankly you all sicken me

Uwen: Then leave

Lexusstreak: because if this is what's left of the clans, it is a sad day

Fixerben: lex, would you please leave?

Daimoness shouts: Now stop this, everyone.

Lexusstreak: a bunch of children, all of you, with a child's wants and needs

Daimoness: We can talk about everything, provided it is done in a civilized way.

Fixerben opens his NCU and reinitiates the /ignore command

Lexusstreak: cuddling at the breast of omni tek

Braedon yawns into his glove

Daimoness: Accusations certainly do not help.

Uwen looks at Fixerben and does the same

Lexusstreak digs into her pocket and tosses some candy pieces
    onto the floor

Semirage: I'm not gonna sit here and listen to insults

Lexusstreak: here, for the children

Fixerben: I'm sorry for this everyone

Semirage: I've got better things to do

Nelida: actually I wonder why you are here Lexus? Arion will not be a member of RMC and you have what involvement?

Vixentrox: this was an open invitation to all

Uwen: I apologise for getting into that everyone, I have initiated my /ignore command. I will not get into anything for the duration fo the meeting

Vixentrox: and if she speaks for the Sentinals.....

Aazamon: Lex I understand your feelings, but let these people speak

Braedon: Maybe she's here to threaten my life some

Daimoness: You are blaming and insulting people here.

Lexusstreak: no you insulted my patrons

Jynne: I feel she is, however, bringing up an important point. Even though she could be stating her case more diplomatically.

Nelida: it is obvious that the Sentinels will not be involved in RMC

Lexusstreak: murdering guards wh have done nothing but keep this city free

Lexusstreak: yes free

Lexusstreak: do you remember shortrly after the CoT vanished? what did tir have then? huh?

Lexusstreak: it was chaos

Lexusstreak: the sentinels brought order

Lexusstreak: you don't accept them because it's not in
    our best interest

Lexusstreak: all of youa re power hungry

Nelida: don't push her buttons

Semirage: bye bye

Daimoness sighs

Lexusstreak: you blame silverstone for your problems, because it
    leaves you all in a position where YOU won't have power

Lexusstreak: you're all greedy and ambitious

Nelida: these meetings must not degenerate into a political rhetoric soapbox

Uwen: No. You are greedy and ambitious and so is Silverstone. Why do you think he conquered Tir?

Lexusstreak: waiting to grasp your dirty fingers around the reins of the clans

Uwen looks ashamed

Uwen: Sorry

Nelida: Uwen, please...don't respond

Uwen: Yes.. I said I wouldn't and then I did.. I'm sorry

Lexusstreak: and the fact you want to coddle with omni tek? oh lovely, you talk about what our forefathers went through, it would make them sick to see you here with omni

Lexusstreak clicks at her incomng comm

Lexusstreak: I have a meeting to attend, a real one

Uwen: finally

Fixerben: Uwen...

[END RECORDING]

He had snapped at that one comment. The nerve of that murdering wench... to call him a traitor! When she was the one ruining the clans. Her and those like her! For her to call some of the clanners who are most active in trying to unite the clans under a true freedom, a true democracy, not under some tin-pot dictator like that sadistic Silverstone. He still didn't understand why Vix liked her.

Ah well, he thought, at least I can have some fun venting my anger on these damned Sentinels. One day, he thought as he opened fire on the thugs, one day I will permanently remove your foul presence from these beautiful streets. With Vix, Nel, Cyani, Benjacrat, Mr. Smurfixerben, the countless other true clanners, and Alamexis' ghost at his side, he would remove these tyrants and implement a true democracy. And he would not even run for a high office, other than a foreign minister type or some kind of advisor. He didn't want power. All he wanted was democracy. And he would have it.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

"why do I even bother?" Lexus groaned later into the evening, after she reflected on the nights earlier events. The slaughter of the Sentinels burned in her mind as she gritted her teeth in rage. Her investigation into Vixentrox's apartment before the meeting turned up empty. She had tried to search the tiny apartment for any clues as to who was behind the murder of Alamexis. No sooner however that she investigated the hidden panels within Vixentrox's walls- which she had known about from a previous visit when Vixen showed her an array of Perma-Kill weaponry- it fizzled out and ceased to respond to commands. She was after all no good in covert situations. She stretched her arms and felt her toned muscles strain with ache, she had been awake for several hours. After undressing and sitting on the egde of her bed in her West Athens apartment she leaned back against the rigid gel filled pillow behind her, they were only manufactured for Omni Pent house suites in Lush Hills Resort, but through a deal with a fixer friend of hers, Mikomystique, she had attained one for Lexus' private use. The comfort from the well tailored pillow seemed to sooth her burning nerves, it was obvious the RMC would pose a threat to the coming Sentinel order, she knew this well. She gazed over to her night stand, at the picture of Maephina and Vixentrox, a picture she had taken herself on a night when Rubi-Kas 3 moons burned brightly.. "I hope you two will forgive me for what I have to do, maybe not now..but one day you'll realize this is all for the best." With that, she closed her eyes and tried to focus on a silent world of nothingness.

As she felt her body go limp and drift into a long needed slumber, her desk comm beeped loudly, searing into the silence of her bedroom. "God damn it, what is it now?" she bellowed, rubbing her eyes and proceeding over to her desk, it was a secure channel, not that all of her incoming messeges weren't the same. Lexus yawned heavily and muttered "accept" No sooner than she gave the command, a rather husky and menacing woman appeared on her screen, Lexus' eyes widened as the presence shook her from her state of drousiness. The woman spoke up with with a booming voice "Child, what do you THINK you're doing? huh? haven't I taught you any better girl?" Lexus shook her head and rubbed her eyes some more, tyring to assure herself it wasn't a dream. "M..mom?" she replied reluctantly as the husky woman crossed her arms "Who else is it gonna be Delana? Mr Phillip Ross himself? Lexus despised her given name, it was the name she was burned with when she was born..born Omni-Tek. The woman on the other end was her mother, known around Omni-Tek as Soulmomma, a name given due to her obession and historical fascination with ancient earth 1970's culture. Lexus sat up in her chair, it was unusual for her mother to contact her, even over a secure channel it was rather risky. "Mom..I um, I'm glad to see you. and uhh. nothing wrong with me, just fighting for what I believe in like I always have, the way you taught me." The woman on the screen curled her lip and rolled her eyes as she patted her well groomed Afro styled hair "Mmmmm hmmm..." she replied to Delana with a sharp sass that always annoyed her.

Delana sat back in her chair and took up a defensive stance before going on "Why should you care anyway? don't you have papers to push? people to oppress?" Soulmomma waved her finger rapidly into the comm "Girl, don't you talk to me like that, you ain't too grown for an ass whooping, I'll slap the black off ya" With that, Lexus huffed and raised her hands as if to say I give up. "Alright, sorry momma, but I'm sure you wouldn't risk contacting me here unless you had something important to tell me." The woman on the comm scratched at her forehead before speaking "Well child, I've been monitoring your comm traffic, and I know about your dealings with that Silverstone fella..and I also know you investigating a murder..but I got ta tell you gal that you looking in all the wrong places." Delana looked shocked, her mother had been monitoring her, but how? she thought. "oh don't look so surprised Delana, yer predictable gal, was simple to figure out yer codes..ahem, your first kiss and date from Randy Buckly, the second code being the first time you and Flareon met at the cup" Delana almost wanted to chuckle, she had always admired her Mother's tenacity and resourcefulness, but at the same time she couldn't supress the feeling that her personal life had been invaded. "I'll remember to change them later Momma, so what did I miss? I am sure you dying to tell me" Lexus inquired, leaning in closer to her comm "One name girl, JimmyT, that name seems to come up at every angle of your investigation dossiers, both in the reports from that hussy girlfriend of yours, Vixentrox and several others, not to mention he's charted for several petty crimes here in Omni Entertainment" Lexus look offended, she knew JimmyT, but like her mother just said, he was a petty thug, even his named reeked of a bad mafia movie. "I know about JimmyT mom, I just don't think he could pull off something like this, there's gotta be someone else pulling his strings." Soulmomma huffed and picked at her fingernails, admiring what seemed to be a recent Manicure "Well child I can't give ya all the answers, but it seems to me you should contact Mr. JimmyT"

Lexus smiled, she hated investigative work, she was a soldier, Vixentrox was better geared for things like this. not her. "why are you helping me mom? me succeeding means there won't be an Omni Tek anymore.." The woman smiled through the comm and curled her finger, beckoning her daughter closer to the screen "We both gain from this Delana, you bag JimmyT and you make your superiors happy, and when they done with him, you turn him over to me and make mine happy, he has a few crimes to answer for..but on the bigger scale honey, I bred you to fight, your whole life has led up to this point. I'm a fighter too, and that's what I want Delana, a fight, I don't wanna see Omni Tek sipping Lattes with Clanners and I know you don't want the same..so until we meet in battle honey" Lexus smiled at her mother as she waved and closed the comm channel "Thank you mom" she whispered at the now blank screen. JimmyT did seemt he logical person to question, her mom was right, his name has popped up too frequently for this all to be a coincidence. Lexus, tired and a bit cranky at the current affairs she was dealing with pertaining to Vixentrox and Maephina and the troublesome RMC crawled back into bed and pulled the covers up high. Before drifting off into a peaceful slumber she left a messege in a relay buffer, it wasn't to anyone in particular, just an open channel for anyone interested in a free future for the clans to meet her in Wine and to contact her over her voice comm. She knew a direct line to JimmyT would be too obvious, so she carefully laid her bait.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Early Morning
    5 Feb 29477

Cathern woke up and made some coffee. The smell of freshly brewed coffee always seemed to help. The nightmares came again last night. Cathern sighed, resigned to her fate. She sipped her coffee a bit then checked on Emiliy. She was still out. Poor girl, Cathern thought. So much tragedy in this innocent's life.

Last night her...what was she now? Enemy? Ex-lover? Lexy had broken into her apartment looking for something during the RMC meeting. Cathern smiled thinly. The poor girl thinking she knew how to be a spy. The secret camera recorded her coming and going and the little code-pad ruse worked like a charm. Still...it was disturbing to have Lexy breaking and entering the place. "I need a better lock", Cathern said out loud.

Nelida had provided her with a sample of the coffee she sells. Same brand that The Cup uses as it turns out. She claimed to have sold some to a fellow named JimmyT. JimmyT! Lesentia mentioned that name. She belived he was one of the assassins. Apparently she had caught him and some guy named..Viry?..Viray? from Elite Operations on film setting the bomb off. A Clan member and a Neutral.

Cathern scowled. They probably both are working for General Templus. Templus often bragged about all her operatives. Add that to the fact that Omni-Pol didn't bother to collect evidence at the crime scene AND Emiliy claiming an OP officer gave her a package of coffee. Something definitly seemed wrong in Omni land. Cathern reconsidered...no..not wrong. Situation normal for Omni.

She had been too sleepy and disturbed with the break-in of her appartment to work on analyzing the coffee. Cathern opened up the secret lab. "Let's get to work", she commented to herself.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

February 5, 29477
    Mid-morning

The unpleasant burning of acid that had accompanied the belch forced Radein to toss his breakfast aside. Hooot pizza simply failed to be appetizing after the "hooot" had been removed as a result of the pizza being almost twelve hours old. As he continued to browse through the grid forums, being as insulting as possible towards any corporate dog who happened to challenge him, his apartment door slid open.

"We have problems, Radein." Amacia called out, moving swiftly into the room and tossing a datapad at him. Radein scanned it intently at first, only to be overcome with an utter lack of caring.

"Why do you bother me with such useless information, Aleen?" Radein tossed the datapad back at her.

"Why?" Amacia snarled, becoming outraged. "Think for just one moment of your life, Radein! Emiliy falls unconcious here, arises, walks for a time and falls back unconcious there, arise, is then found lying face down in the sand, unconcious yet again..."

"Indeed." Was all that Radein said. It was useless challenging her.

"The relaxants Radein! The ones I used to keep Emiliy unconcious, remember?" Frustration was quite evident in Amacia's eyes. Radein simply nodded. "She is now in the care of the leader of Whisper's Edge. Should she take a blood sample..."

"Then I suggest you see to it that she is not given occasion to do so, Aleen!" Radein slammed both of his hands down on the table below as he stood, glaring at Amacia.

Amacia stood, unfazed, as her characteristic cold stare washed the anger and frustration from her face. A slight smile cracked across her lips, as she narrowed her eyes.

"Then she will die as planned, Radein."

((OOC:
    Originally posted by Lexusstreak
    even his named reeked of a bad mafia movie.
    LOL! /OOC))

Jimmy woke up early, as always, to monitor the traitors. He had set up a couple of cameras and audio recording in Emiliy's apartment. The foolish little girl had chosen an apartment next to his. He noticed she had not returned home for some time. He opened a commlink with Radein:

"Radein, it seems little Emiliy has not been in her apartment for some time now. Just alerting you. Oh and I've installed a comm monitoring device in MacGreggor's apartment. Any comm he sends from inside the apartment will be monitored. Oh, and it seems he has finally paid someone to clean up his apartment. The funeral for his cousin took place off planet two days after the operation. For some reason, he has not moved out to another apartment."

Jimmy shot a speed stim and went outside for some air.

Late Morning
    5 Feb 29477

Cathern started her work by linking her equipment into a gridfeed. She shouldn't have gotten an inconclusive result on the type of coffee that was found. It had been a while since she had used this equipment and the database grew daily.

DATABASE UPDATE COMPLETE -- 345 NEW ENTRIES -- 12 ERRORS CORRECTED

Cathern sighed and brought up the recent test results. She entered a few more commands to determine if any of the changes to the database would have affected the results. One result came back.

DATABASE UPDATE CAUSED CHANGE IN TEST #97 -- CORRECTED OUTPUT FOLLOWS -- TEST COMPLETE: HIGH GRADE COFFEE (CARIOSO MENTHOL PSEUDO-COFFEE) -- MANUFACTURER: CARIOSO COFFEE COMPANY -- KNOWN TO BE IMPORTED BY SEVERAL CLAN TRADERS; OFTEN BILLED AS "THE CUP" COFFEE; COFFEE HAS PROPERTIES THAT MASK CERTAIN CHEMICALS TO DETECTION -- SAMPLE CONTAMINATED BY MUTATED NANO-BOTS

Cathern took the sample of coffee Nelida had given her the previous night and placed it in the machine. She programed it see if it matched coffee collected from the murder scene.

TEST COMPLETE -- SAMPLES MATCH TO 99% CERTIANTY -- PRESENCE OF MUTATED NANO-BOTS IN FIRST SAMPLE PREVENT 100% CERTAINTY OF MATCH

Seems JimmyT may indeed be part of this conspiracy to kill Emiliy. Emiliy....yes, Emiliy had to have been the true target! But why her? She was such a sweet girl.

Cathern opened up comm link to her guild. "Attention all personnel: Be on the look out for one JimmyT. A clan agent. He is most likely a conspiritor involved in the death of Alamexis." Cathern then sent comms to Braedon, Nelida, and Lesentia to tell them the results.

Cathern then went to check on Emiliy. "I really should get her a doctor." she thought. Cathern opened another link to one of the best doctors around. "Jynne, I have a young woman with a head injury at my apartment. Would it be too much trouble for you to come by this evening to check her out?"
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

((My turn...hee hee))

"What the hell is wrong with this stereo?", Kyrstina screamed at her appliance as GSP began to fade in and out. It had always been steady before, not so much as a falter in the last week. Now, it was back to square one almost. She sighed, as she plopped down on the floor, sprawled out and stared at the ceiling as the stream continued its fluxuations.

"Maybe that Omni-off-world-sucking weapon has been active tonight, and disrupting the stream......nah. Couldn't be...."

She felt an itch to her side and gave it a tiny scratch. This new armor needed cleaning, or at least a good dip in the pool just outside her door. But there was something else bothering her....something she just couldn't shake....and the faltering stream wasn't helping to take her mind of things either.

She looked at her comm.....it was still off. These days, she tended to have been keeping her comm off more and more. Life was stressful as it was without having everyone and their mother and their mother's uncle asking her for favors or missions or anything. Looking back on what she had learned, she almost wished she had kept it on.

She had heard the call from Vix, asking to keep a lookout for some Omni named Emiliy. She had never met the girl, and had never seen her, and she prided herself on knowing the prominant people in the area. So, it surprised her even more when her sister came running in telling her she had just ran into Emiliy in Newland, and even spoken a few words.

Then, there was the message she woke up to....the ominant message relating to Uwen's horrid tragedy.....how all who involved themselves would be dealt with. Tina smiled.

"How many times have I heard those words before, and how many times have I called their bluff and won on it too? This time is no different."

She also thought of the confrontation that she had encountered on the hill. The last time she came out of her apartment, she had been greeted by loud shouts and violent tempers flaring between Vix, Mae, and the infamous Lexy. Lex had always been one to stir things up, one who took the old phrase "My way or the highway!" to new and terrifying places. And now was nothing new.

....but never so much as to scorn both Mae and Vix at once.

Tossing and turning, she finally reached over, turned her stereo off, and morphed into leet form to sleep.

....somehow, the hard floors seemed more comfortable with fur on you....

....maybe somehow, it will give me comfort....

....and she drifted off into tomorrow.
    Janeen "Kyrstina" Gabriel - Level 127 Adventurer - Squad Commander, Whisper's Edge
    ------------
    Check out my armor set I'm working to have one day.....and I'm pretty darn close now (or better) ^_^

Nelida slams her hand down on her console causing the displays to temporarily loose sync...

"Damn it!"

Staring her in the face were three priority messages;

The first from Vix with the reports of the contaminated coffee sample from the night before...more or less as suspected but still.

The second from her own labs confirming contamination of the sample sent to them.

Then the third...a message from the Borealis and NLC shops demanding recall of the coffee recently delivered and threats of law suits should any customers file complaints.

"How did they find out about this so quickly?" she inquired of herself. This was going to cost her a fortune...most of which could have been mitigated had she initiated the recall instead.

Sighing deeply she messages her attorney copying him on these three messages with instructions to handle things. There are way too many problems piling up to have to deal with irate coffee customers.

Trying to set some priorities for this day she reviews her obligations and appointments...

"Let's see...a wedding to attend, NLC thug protests to arrange, those damn troublesome Sentinels in Tir to 'pacify'...and then Lexus and her meddling in the RMC."

"Lexus...she does keep popping up here and there doesn't she?" wondering to herself how such a pig-headed lapdog of the Sentinels manages to show up in such widely diverse problems...

"The Sentinels..." Nelida ponders. "I wonder if they are the key to many of these current problems...cut off that rabid head and how many issues would evaporate?"

Brushing sleep from her eyes, and stretching soreness from her back, Jynne viewed the message waiting in her in-box, then half-dismissed it from her mind. She usually programmed her comm-mail with an audible cue when she was asleep, in case of emergencies where she needed to be awakened.

This situation, though, was apparently not an emergency, as Vix didn't sound worried. Jynne wasn't worried either. If the patient hadn't already died from her injuries, it was highly unlikely she would. That left her some time to shake off her fatigue and see to emergency matters first, and gave Jynne the opportunity to reflect on medical technology, and the state of her chosen vocation, as she thumbed her coffee-maker to "On" and waited for it to do its thing.

Very broadly speaking, most citizens of Rubi-Ka had little to worry about in the way of injuries and medical problems - if the trauma or malady was not rapidly fatal, the personal nanobot swarms that reside in everyone's bodies were more than capable of restoring them to health, even despite incredible amounts of damage to their tissues. Widely available nano-healing stims and field treatment kits further reduced the need for intervention by professional physicians, in a day-to-day sense.

Still, she'd make a point of taking some time to stop by and examine the girl that evening. Particularly for new citizens, natural regeneration could be a very, very slow and unpleasant process, and there was the possibility that something could be wrong in a deeper, sub-surface sense. Half-asleep, she keyed the reply toggle on her comm and typed out on its virtual keyboard with one hand while the other reached for her first cup of coffee:

"Vix. Got your message. Keep patient calm and hydrated - water only. Monitor vital signs and nanobot activity. Will visit for exam approx 19:00 EST."
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Cathern woke from a nap. She checked on Emiliy. The girl still was out. Checking her messages she seen Jynne had gotten back to her. She opened up a comm back to Jynne.

"Jynne, Emiliy has been out for about 18 hours now. Healing stims seem to have not helped much. Is this common? I'm very worried."

Cathern clicked off the comm and started cleaning up a bit around the apartment. "No need to let Jynne think I'm some kind of slob", Cathern chuckled softly to herself. Classified Whisper's Edge material was locked in the safe but notes that Cathern had taken about possibly joining the EG alliance were left in the open.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Bailandra sighs and looks at her computer unit waiting, she recieved conformation about her arrangements and went through the time consuming task of leaving messages to where she left her first invitations. With a slight shake of her head she glances around her Borealis apartment and shrugs. "Too Quiet.." she says as her voice seems to echo in the building. Picking up her small remote to her large music system ,hitting the preset station to GSP and setting the remote back down.

o O ( good...sounds now I can think ...)

Spinning slightly in her chair she looks around her artsy place, very very different from her older sisters...well half sisters apartment with all her plants and junk cluttering up the place. With a slight groan she picks up her leet doll wringing it with both hands,lost in her thoughts as she mumbles to herself.

" Clan Ambassador... I think Mr President did this deliberately... damn it. Im sure its cause of her... now Im forced to deal with a potentially hostile situation... and now that I had to leave a public announcement Im sure I may catch grief , and possibly the guild to if people think that we are "siding" with the Clans."

Tossing the leet doll against the wall hard and watching as it bounces off and rolls a bit back . Bailey turns back to her screen and tries to sort her thoughts as she talks to herself, a family trait it seems.

Ya know if that damned sister of mine would get off her lazy rump and help..but nooo she is all so consumed with this personal life she just now decided to have, idiot. Why do I have to be so committed to my job, and to my neutrality hhmph. Ok ok..focus.. what if I get asked questions I can't ask? ohhh...

Sighing again and resting back in her chair letting it spin in circles as she looks up at her ceiling.

Well hating my sister isn't going to get me anywhere , especially since she is a clan member and has a few friends, maybe that is even why the few that have responded to me have. I can still think she is an idiot just keep it to myself. Though her relaxed I could care less attitude is really urking the shhi...

Turns suddenly cutting off the profanity she was about to spew as her computer beeps, excitedly she sits up and then shakes her head

Hmm another article in the News... wow its gotta suck to be them. Ok..so back to what Im going to say... ugh.. damn that President!...Ohh yeah ..I could go over notes from that RMC meeting. That... was interesting.

nodding a bit as she bites her bottom lip and loads the recording into her computer

Thank whatever forces work on this planet that a brawl didn't go down.. that one woman was mighty scary. Heh..sometimes it pays to be unlearned, unpopular and insignificant..

chuckles

I doubt if she would be showing up at my lil introduction, and something inside my gut tells me that thought should make me happy. Damn... why couldn't these monsters in Newland wait till after my thing... ?...Oh well , nothing I can do about it...and sitting here is just making me annoyed.
    I think maybe I need a bit more discipline...especially since it was lack of disipline that made my sister the way she is now, slug.
    Yeah maybe there are a few lil clanners that are getting picked on in NL?..well cant hurt to find out. What the heck am I saying... it could hurt lots and lots..but Im sure it will be quick ...

smirks checking her credits and shrugs

Ok so she gave me some credits, but I need her help more then her money.... big fat hairy deal... plus Im getting paid from the guild ..that always helps...

slips on her medical uniform with Red sleeves, and boots, their guild 'Uniform' created a while back by you know who...with a disgusted shake of her head she walks out, looking for certain, though temporary death.
    Last edited by Gwen; Feb 5th, 2003 at 23:34:36.

The message from Vixentrox arrived while Jynne was in gridspace, between an emergency call and a pre-existing appointment. She paused to reassess, and decided that something was probably amiss with this case. She sped back a reply:

"Vix, got your message. I wasn't aware that the paient was unconscious; however, it's not too uncommon for someone with head trauma to be concussed and knocked out for several hours."

"I am fairly confident the patient is in no danger of dying as long as her personal nano swarm is active; many people aren't really aware of it, but our nanopools don't just sit idle when we aren't running formulas, they work to repair our minor injuries, augment our immune systems, and generally keep us fit, healthy, and 'young for our age' as it were."

"That's why people who've been here on Rubi-Ka a long time, and have assimilated a lot of notum and 'bots, can survive the massive amounts of trauma that they do. So if the patient isn't already dead, it's unlikely she'll be dead in another hour. That's the earliest I can get there for an exam."

"Your mention of firstaid stims is to be expected if the patient has already recovered from the physical trauma and has lapsed into a sleep state. Still... there are other possibilities to consider."

"I recommend you scan the patient's NCU for hostile nanoprograms, and, if she doesn't awaken from being disturbed then, take a blood sample for me to analyze when I arrive. It's possible she's been 'mezzed' or 'drained', or drugged."
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Wednesday Evening...

Braedon had spent the day trying to turn up clues in the murder of Alamexis, but more often than not, was too distracted by worry over Sezmra's fate. She had not been seen since their parting words at Reet's, and Braedon was more than a bit fearful.

Throughout the afternoon, the Clan leader's comm buzzed with news of yet another of his friends threatened for their involvement with the Rubi-Ka Mining Cooperative. Vixentrox, Maephina, Szentasha...it went on and on. Braedon found it odd that he had received no such threat. Perhaps the threat delivered in-person by Lexusstreak was considered sufficient. If that were true, it would certainly point the finger in one particular direction regarding the source of the mysterious threats.

Braedon prayed this evening would provide some answers...and word from Sezmra...
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Wednesday Night

"...can we meet somewhere?"

It was Braedon. He was concerned over her safety, she having been unseen for about a day now. Raquel confirmed their meeting and reassured him that she'd only been laying a bit low. Threats were threats, while there had been none made to her directly, she knew she was in danger.

The terminal swallowed her DNA and she was constructed into the Grid. The light flash of blue nano-particles passed and she made her way up one level. Hurriedly, she selected the Athens grid exit and soon her body was reconstructed amid the streets of West Athens. She looked up and saw his form on the roof just across from The Cup, his sabretooth form yawning lazily in the evening sun. She gave him a small wave and he slipped down from the rooftop as his body morphed back into that of a solitus. Raquel smirked, commenting on his highly armoured state.

"Considering things of late... you may see me like this more often. Shall we?" With a nod she accompanied him into the bar, The Cup.

Raquel immediately felt eyes on her as the door swooshed shut behind them. A snort of disgust came from a nearby table made up of two con****uous looking men. The agent sauntered in further, near the bar and was greeted by a friend of a friend, Izobel. They exchanged greetings, even a hug, and Raquel was soon presented with a nice cold beer. She thanked Braedon and followed him to a table tucked into the corner, not far from to the two strange men.

They spoke in low voices very briefly before a sound erupted next to them. One of the men, the taller one, was clearing his throat. Raquel didn't acknowledge him, instead concentrating on her beer. Something else caught her attention too, and she made sure no one saw. Lightly she had pressed a small button on her wrist-comm, and casually studied the results while the two men obviously irritated her company, Braedon.

"You need something?" Braedon stated.
    "Actually, we do. You see, we are a bit lost...," the taller one replied, "...for words, that is." The other man laughed, emphasizing the first's tone.
    "I don't have my thesaurus handy, but I'll help if I can. Always willing to help a couple of... Clanners." Braedon retorted. Sezmra smirked very lightly, enjoying the wit of the company she kept tonight.

"Perhaps you should instead keep a copy of the recent grid feed news with you," was the reply.
    "Hmm...something I missed you want to enlighten me about?"
    "Indeed. A great deal actually." Raquel felt eyes dart to her, first the tall man's then his friend's. She turned suddenly to meet their gaze, as if meeting some unspoken challenge. She took the opportunity to study the pair. The taller man having long hair who donned a robe, and the shorter held a rifle in his arms, short hair sat upon his head... both were brunettes. Raquel knew who they were, the information spewing from her comm earlier now confirmed by her study of their appearances.

"And, what makes you think I'm unaware of what's in the press?" Braedon parried back.
    "The very fact that you are...so "cozy" with the enemy." Radein spat out, as if making an accusation while Jimmy, being the good little side-kick, blubbered his own agreement, "It makes me sick."

Braedon smirked as Radein continued on about the recent hired "guards" in Newland City as Raquel finally spoke up. "How amusing though, that the 'enemy' you mention isn't the actual murderer here." She smiled and continued drinking her beer. The three then argued about murder, oppression, Omni-Tek in general. And Jimmy was right when he spoke of "pity". It was a pity, a pity Raquel couldn't snap their necks right there. She calmed herself and Radein mentioned his own opinions on pity, "A pity the last two murders have been in neutral territory. Where you are much more.. free in access. Was it you, opifex? Tell me, what is your name... or are you too drunk in your oppressive madness to recall?"

"To you, it's Miss Svancara. I didn't know I was so unknown!", Raquel responded, feigning hurt as she looked around.

Jimmy mentioned knowing her name, having been monitoring certain channels, and Radein's eyebrows quirked in curiosity as he asked who she was. The pair then hurled their usual bout of clan-inspired insults before trotting out of the bar, "Traitorous Dog" being thrown at Braedon especially.

The commotion ended, and Raquel relaxed once again in her seat to continue the reason she had come there: to find out what Braedon had learned...
    Last edited by sezmra; Feb 6th, 2003 at 08:15:57.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

OOC

((That little bit would have been ALOT more fun if there hadn't been those outside griefers who got angry and insulted me OOC. I guess they didn't get all the jokes I was making ooc Next time, I'll just /ignore the rest of em ))

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast