Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Of Hawks and Doves

The Voice of Freedom
    February 1, 29477

A twisted sight was found today in the apartment of one Christopher "Uwen" MacGreggor. The same Christopher MacGreggor working with Mr. Malcom "Alamexis" Age to write a constitution for a democratic nation.

Walking into the apartment hallway, one can see lights and grid terminals shot by an assault rifle. Upon entering the actual apartment, one can see couches, refridgerators, lights, gridfeeds, bars, tables, everything you would normally see in an apartment was there, but brutally destroyed by gunfire. The ground around the entrance from the hallway is covered in blood and puke. This, however, is not the worst sight by far. At the back of the apartment, on the far wall, are the words "TRAITORS WILL PAY IN BLOOD" written in blood. Below this is the body of a young woman. A new arrival to RubiKa and not yet insured. From the data records her name is Julia MacGreggor. The young woman, says family members we contacted on OmniPrime, came to RubiKa to try to make peace between OmniTek and the Clans.

The young woman was related to Mr. MacGreggor as a distant cousin, though this news has not been released to Mr. MacGreggor as he is in a state of shock and may not be completely stable at the moment. He is currently in the care of family members at an undisclosed location.

What has the world come to when a young man comes home from a party to find his apartment ransacked and a family member murdered and blood used for painting on the walls? What kind of sick person would do this?

The Voice doesn't know who will be investigating, whether its the Athen Guard or OmniPol. We will let you know when the situation develops.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

As much as he hated leaving Emiliy alone at a time like this, he had a essential task requiring his immediate attention. She was still recovering, and although she had miraculously recovered most of her strength, she was still in no condition to be out and about. Or at least, that is what Alamexis had convinced her of.

The Cup was virtually empty. But as he scanned the ICC documentation on his datapad, he knew that would certainly not last very much longer.

Alamexis glances up
    Uwen: Well hello Alamexis
    Alamexis: Mr. Macgreggor.
    Alamexis: My condolences on the tragedy in your flat.
    Uwen: Thanks...I...ah...still don't know who or why
    Alamexis: I couldn't even begin to offer a guess. I trust the
    authorities are looking into it?
    Uwen: Not to my knowledge.
    Uwen: Omni-Pol or the Athen guard
    Alamexis: Figures.
    Uwen: Aye
    Alamexis: I hope I didn't leave too sour an impression with your
    leader last night.
    Uwen: I don't think you did. Can I buy you a drink?
    Alamexis: I would love one.
    Uwen: What would you like?
    Alamexis: Coffee, please.
    Alamexis: Is it always this quiet in here?
    Uwen: Usually, unless Omni-Pol comes around.
    Uwen smiles
    Uwen: So, how is your sister?
    Alamexis: She is recovering quite well. Back at the apartment in
    Omni-1, although...Christopher, I have something to ask of
    you - of your clan.
    Uwen: Anything
    Alamexis: You can imagine how popular Emiliy and I are with
    Omni-Tek.
    Uwen smiles sadly
    Uwen: Yes
    Alamexis: And I do not particularly feel like spending the balance
    of my days standing outside of my apartment on guard with my
    rifle.
    Alamexis: Does Whisper's Edge sponsor defections?
    Uwen: I expect so.
    Uwen taps at his comm
    Uwen: I have Vix here, I'll ask her.
    Alamexis nods
    Uwen: One moment, a clan tower is under attack
    Alamexis: If you have to leave, please, do not let me keep you.
    Uwen: I do, but I have good news.
    Uwen smiles
    Alamexis: Thank you, Christopher. And please extend my thanks to your leader as well.
    Uwen: I will
    Alamexis: Best of luck.

The moment Barlau dreaded more than any other in the entire universe had just rung her doorbell. Looking at the door-camera, she could see the two men standing outside. Both men wore the uniforms of the Omni-AF. One bore the insignia of a General. She couldn't make out the rank of the other man, but she already knew. A military chaplain....

"Dead", she thought to herself, "Dead, dead, dead"

"Dear God, how can this be? This is beyond bearing."

She was alone in her darkened apartment, had been for several weeks. Ever since word had come to her of Edwin's disappearance. He had been on an intelligence mission, and the AF had lost contact with him. Satellite surveillance had indicated some sort of explosion, the AF had been working diligently to gather information about who/what/how it had happened.

When the news had first come in, she'd taken a leave of absense from the Law Society, sent her son away with his nanny, to the house in Stret West Bank. She'd remained in Rome alone, keeping vigil, hoping...

Here was her answer, the end of all hope, standing on her doorstep.

She ran her hands through her hair, took a ragged breath, and pressed a button, allowing the men to enter.

(( Ooc, I'm sort of paving the way for Barlau's semi-retirement, as I seem to be playing Dixie more and more these days. But I thought that there should at least be some sort of explanation for why Malcom's employee has remained silent through all of the media and general wierdness ))
    "Dixie" - Young adventurer, anthropologist, marketing rep for R.U.R.

Kiyoko "Barlau" Grebel - Martial Artist, PR Director, Law Society of Rubi-Ka

Evening
    February 1, 29477

Lynar looked a little nervoues

"Do you have the package?"

Jimmy was more relaxed and laid back. He was on a natural high after seeing the mental damage he had caused that MacGreggor traitor.

"Yeah, I've got the package. Interesting content. Could I be so bold as to assume you are a Hawk? The content certainly looks that way."

"Yeah, you could be so bold. I am."

"Read the papers lately?"

Lynar was more relaxed now.

"As a matter of fact, I have. Excellent piece of work someone did on that dove MacGreggor's place. And the cousin was a real nice touch. All in all, an excellent move."

"Well, I think I can safely say thank you."

Lynar raised an eyebrow.

"Oh really? Wow, that's some good work."

Jimmy smiled.

"Hear about the recent murders of new dove arrivals?"

Lynar smiled.

"Your work as well?"

Jimmy grinned

"Aye."

"You're good at what you do."

"I try. By the way, have you met anyone that goes by the name Radein have you?"

"No, should I?"

"Yes, I'll arrange a meeting. He's sort of the leader of the new revivalist Hawk movement. You on board?"

"Yes."

"Good, its always good to meet another reasonable, intelligent mind."

Sunday afternoon, February 2nd - 29477

Raquel idled on the Rompa couch. Thoughts of Malcom burdened her mind and she thought once more.. back to Friday...

Friday night, January 31st - 29477

Raquel heard his voice for the first time in what seemed to be ages. It almost startled her it was so foreign now, but it was there. A quick moment went by and there he was, sitting in one of the chairs at the GSP Lounge. The agent discreetly watched her old 'friend' of a political sort, as he sat there. He seemed so uncomfortable and as if he was trying to merely look comfortable to all the patrons of the party.

The Party!

Svancara barely even noticed the pumping music and loud dancers. She herself had still been dancing there, on the couch edge as she always had for the past few months. Her body still swayed, hypnotically, to the beat of the metal grinding in her ears... even as she studied Alamexis. Her face was not one of a dancer right now, but one of her core self: an agent. Raquel's eyes narrowed, lips pursed, she couldn't stop wondering why Malcom looked so different. Something bothered him and the bottle of whiskey he seemed to coddle spoke volumes...

One by one Whisper's Edge members approached him, talking, relating... something wasn't quite right in Raquel's mind. Perhaps she was being hypocritical, after all, she socialized with clanners all the time. A smirk flickered across her face at that thought and she found herself peering out of the corner of her eyes now, not at Malcom, but at someone else. She wondered quietly just how dangerous her 'relations' with him could be, and she just stared quietly at his form sitting there on the couch, her body still dancing. He was oblivious of her gaze, and Raquel naturally preferred it that way, especially at this moment. Could this clanner pose danger to her... she wondered, he was a popular fellow indeed, always dealing with some kind of organisational business it seemed.
    Suddenly he looked up at her and Raquel was caught by surprise. She worried that somehow he had read her mind, but he merely flashed her one of those smiles and gave her dancing form a good look. Relieved, she played it off and winked back, knowing how fond he was of Opifex females. He grinned again and turned his attention back to his girl as they partied together.

Raquel gazed at his profile once more before turning her attention back to where it was, as well. The chair was empty, and the agent growled inside herself. Slowly she listened and discovered Malcom had merely moved to the bar, still conversing with "them". The agent slipped from the couch, to the floor, and stood there unceremoniously. She made herself quite obvious and merely stared at Alamexis, tilting her head from time to time. He saw her easily enough, noticing her stare. It had the effect she wanted too, so it seemed; to make him feel even more uneasy.

Time went on and he still conversed with them, but as soon as a break came in the conversation, Raquel slipped in and made her move.

"Malcom..", she stated after lightly clearing her throat, "Can I have a minute? Or five?"
    "Of course...", he replied and excused himself of his company. Raquel curled her finger and motioned for him to follow her as she walked across the dance floor to the other side of the room. She stopped at one of the tables and glanced at her comm as she spoke.

"Malcom, I could speculate, but what's going on?," she asked as he seem to slump his shoulders. "But, all I have is this Herald article.. and.."

Alamexis sighed and Raquel continued. "I'm not sure which part's more amusing.. this so-called love triangle or your klepto of a sister...," she struck a nerve purposefully, and he responded in turn just as she thought he would. He was protective of his sister, obviously, and Raquel reassured him that she had nothing to go on. She barely even knew his sister...

"What I do know is that I am being accused of being a traitor to Omni-Tek, my sister has been assaulted by a member of Omni-Pol in the cup...," he seemed annoyed as he finished, and the opifex studied his every move, inflection, expression. Moving to turn around and lean against the table, she turned her eyes to the party. Alamexis explained that his sister met the famous Szentasha and wanted to repay her kindness with Omni-Med suits. He explained the girl, this Amacia, as some old friend of his he had to discuss "business" with. Bah.. Raquel's mood was quickly frustrated as the pair was approached by Whisper's Edge folks. Indeed, lovely shadows he had picked up.

Soon, Quinn entered and Raquel was glad someone desirable showed up. He kept his distance, lighting a cig and scanning the area.

"Business?", she asked Alamexis.
    "The 'business' is a man by the name of Radein. He was somewhat of a friendly rival of mine back in school, but he holds quite militant views...in favour of the clans. He doesn't like Omni-Tek much," he mused.. great, another Omni-Tek hater touches down. Just what she needed.. still, Malcom continued as her thoughts wandered, "He was taught by a Professor Kolin on one of the outland colonies - a self-proclaimed "expert" on Rubi-Kan history, and even more militant towards the clans."

Definitely a new problem for Rubi-Ka. Hmmph. She mused to Malcom.. mused back to him about someone having a problem with him obviously. Who that was, she didn't know. Either he was guilty of something highly questionable, or someone didn't like him. Something stirred beneath him though, something ultimately bad for him and those he cared about. Her eyes flickered back to the clanner male. He was dancing now, with his girl and a few others. She watched his solitus form, always admiring of the 'breed'...

The meeting eventually ended with Alamexis needing to take care of some business.. and Raquel ended up back at the party until she went home.

Thinking back on that evening did nothing to kill her curiosity... now, she only wanted to know what Malcom was doing... or throwing away.
    Last edited by sezmra; Feb 2nd, 2003 at 22:01:21.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

February 2, 29477
    Afternoon

"Perhaps being tossed from the Bar was a wise career move after all." Radein smiled, unblinkingly staring at the components he had been able to acquire. The fruits of Radein's money laundering scheme oh so many years ago, almost one billion credits stashed away in secret accounts, were all but spent, reducing him to his last few million. But this was Rubi-Ka after all, and he fully intended to replenish that fortune. "At the expense of Omni-Tek, naturally." Radein laughed maniacally.

One by one, he placed the components delicately into the backpack: a key detonator - no good bomb was complete without one; a vial of pseudo-nano Multibenzonoxydant Sulphosalycilic liquid, as the catalyst of the package; an impact poison injector, to ensure the initial death; a radiation burst controller, to inject the package's most important payload - the receptive bots, which Ternicko would program to ensure that little Emiliy...

"...and that you join the clans, Mr. Age. What choice will you have, after learning that the responsible party is the police force you so reveared mere weeks ago?" JimmyT had proved unimaginably clever and efficient. Within minutes of Radein's request, he had procured the essential disguise for little Emiliy's "package", and from Nelida Kerans-Shone, ironically enough one of those Malcom most respected from among the clans, as well as the resident West Athen supplier for the goods in question. Not only that, he had also provided a contact within Omni-Tek, complete with her own set of Omni-Pol's uniformed armour, and the means to disguise herself flawlessly as one of them.

Having stored the goods safely for transport to Amacia, Radein smiled triumphantly. It was almost time.

Afternoon
    February 2, 29477

JimmyT arranged for the pickup of a full suit of OmniPol Standard Issue to disguise his contact in OmniTek. Now he just had to arrange the delivery. This would be tricky. He hoped the Newland mercenaries hadn't arrived yet as he would have ot go through Newland to meet his contact. As he was thinking of the best way to deliver the suit, he was sent a comm.

"Hello? Yes, this is Jimmy. Yes. It will be ready. Do you know what you're supposed to do? Ok, I'll tell you when I deliver the suit. You'll need to go underground immediately afterwards. No, we want you to stay inside OmniTek. Just keep a low profile. What do you mean you don't understand? Keep a low profile and don't do anything stupid! Ok. Yeah. Ok, I'll meet you in an hour."

Jimmy opened a comm to Radein:

"Ok, the contact is ready, just need to deliver the suit. The girl won't expect a thing. Age will be a die-hard clanner in no time"

Friday night, January 31st 29477 - Reets Retreat

Determined to unwind, Braedon takes a seat on the couch near the DJ, with a good view of the dance floor. Tarryk's shows have a way of relieving the guild leader's stress...yet, tonight something seems amiss. Glancing over his right shoulder, Braedon sighs at the empty spot normally filled by Sezmra's dancing form.

She never misses a Tarryk show...but, it was just a dream, dammit. She's just being fashionably late.

Pulling Kirasha closer to him, he tries to take his mind off of the nightmare and removes his hand from his comm...surprised to find it there. Deciding to unburden himself, he tells Kirasha about the nightmare and discusses the recent happenings with her. As usual, her way of understanding him gives comfort. Although he had never told Kira about his penchant for sometimes dreaming of events that eventually take place, he noted a glimmer of concern in her eye when he mentioned Sezmra. It was clear that the Omni agent had made an impression on her as well.

After putting a request in with Tarryk, Braedon looks up to see Sezmra walking into the room. His heart skips a beat as it often does when he sees her, but more than anything...he's filled with relief. Trying to act normally, he smiles and greets her...yet, his mind remains troubled. This was a dangerous woman, and for a reason he had trouble putting a finger on, he found himself drawn to her...and, oddly protective of her. Of course, beautiful opifex women have always had a way of drawing his attention, but this wasn't the same. Was he genuinely starting to care for this woman who could very well be a viper looking for the time to strike?

Braedon shakes his head and chuckles to himself.

Developing a fascination for an agent of the enemy. You're getting soft.

Finally able to relax with the metal pounding in the background, Kirasha pressed up against him and Sezmra nearby swaying to the music, Braedon turns his attention to the crowd. Several of his guild members are present, as usual. He also sees many members of Whisper's Edge about, including Vixentrox, the organization's leader who he respects highly and considers an ally. Whisper's Edge had also been in the news lately, yet he had not spoken to any of their members about the rumors he had heard.

Braedon decides tonight is a good night to listen in and observe...especially when he spots Alamexis entering the room. A stir seems to begin almost immediately, which Braedon finds fascinating.

Uwen of Whisper's Edge makes for Alamexis quickly and they engage in a discussion about a new constitution. Braedon isn't able to catch all of the conversation, and certainly doesn't want to make it look as if he's trying to hear more than he should.

Glancing up at Sezmra, he catches her watching Alamexis closely, as well. It seems the agent is here for more than partying tonight, and as usual, has her finger on the pulse of what's happening on Rubi-Ka. Braedon knows the two have been seen together on numerous occasions, but isn't certain what the nature of their relationship is, exactly.

Alamexis looks troubled and on-edge. Rather understandable considering the press he's been getting lately. He's certainly drinking a lot tonight, also...but, Braedon has no room to judge someone about finding escape in the bottle and he knows it.

A militant presence next to him comes to his attention, setting his teeth on edge like an annoying fly. Glancing over rather directly, he sees Elviria, heavily armed and staring his way. Braedon mutters a greeting and tries to ignore Omni-Pol, something he's normally quite adept at. This one seems to be taking a bit of an interest in either him, or one of his guild members.

"That's the last thing I need," Braedon mutters to himself.

Suddenly, the Adventurer has a feeling of being watched....and, it wasn't from the diminuitive Omni-Pol next to him. Looking quickly over his right shoulder, his eyes meet those of Sezmra. He tries to tell himself that his sudden smile was meant to distract her from the thoughts swirling through his head, but realizes it was on his lips before he had a chance to think about it.

Silently cursing beautiful opifex women, Braedon decides dancing is in order and pulls Kirasha to the dance floor.

Returning to his seat a few songs later, a bit breathless from Kirasha's dancing...he realizes Sezmra is no longer around. A bit alarmed, he searches the room and spots two figures huddled in the far corner across from the dance floor. The distance was too far for him to be certain, but he had to know. Excusing himself, he mingles as he crosses the dance floor...inching closer to the tables across the way. Finally, unable to use the crowd as cover, he walks alone towards the couple until it's clear that it's Sezmra and Alamexis, talking privately. Is she involving herself in the obvious danger and trouble surrounding this Omni lawyer?

Braedon quickly returns to his seat hoping he wasn't spotted, and curses himself for being so indiscreet. It's not his business, and Sezmra can more than take care of herself.

While that may be true, why isn't he comforted by it?
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Afternoon
    February 2, 29477

Jimmy decided the other traitors needed a warning, though not as extreme as MacGreggor's...yet. He hacked intot eh Rubi Ka database sent out a message from an unregistered client:

"[ERROR: UNKNOWN SENDER-NOT RECOGNISED IN DATABASE]*COMMAND OVERRIDE: MESSAGE WILL SEND*"Cease your traitorous activities at once. Supporting the traitor MacGreggor or supporting a democracy is seditious. The Sentinels are our leaders. If you continue this illegal behaviour you will be paid a visit much like the one MacGreggor was paid. You have been warned"

He then exited the database. Any further inquiries/replys to the sender were met with:

"ERROR: RECIPIENT NOT FOUND"

Jimmy smiled.

"This should scare 'em a little. I'll send another one 'round in a little while."

Morning
    February 3rd 29477

Ternicko awakes head planted on her desk.
    Her conversation with those two guys at Reets had made her think alot trough the weekend.
    She knew they (Omni Tek Corporation) had made her forget things about her life and work.
    When thinking back her memory was full of black holes.
    And the more she searched her mind the more dead ends and missing things she had found.

She'd spent the weekend reading up on the cellular rebuilding technology which made ressurection possible on Rubi-Ka, and during the weekend she'd had alot of flashbacks as she'd delved deeper into the material.

"They said such knowledge was highly sought after, and highly priced"

She thought about what was said about the prosses of getting rid of the scrambling device they ment had been implanted in her.

It would be a painful process, with a 50% chance of going blind.
    But for the chance of getting her memories back and getting back at her former employes, it would be worth it.

She wrote a short message to Radein and JimmyT

----
    To: JimmyT, Radein
    Subject: Fridays Meeting at Reets

I'll do it, can we meet today?

Ternicko

----

Ternicko goes back to her studies

edited : spelling and to avoid confusion as to who "they" are
    Last edited by Ternicko; Feb 3rd, 2003 at 13:48:18.
    Never forget

February 3, 29477
    Early morning

"Good morning, little one." Without looking up from the application form, Alamexis heard Emiliy drift into the room. As she moved past him, she swung with her open hand, cuffing him on the side of his head. "That hurt!"

"Gooooooood!" She laughed, scratching at the back of her head and ducking into the now-open fridge. "You know, I was thinkin..." Emiliy muttered, digging through the array of leftovers and tossing the less desirable ones over her shoulder and into a nearby wastebin. Alamexis bit his tongue. "...I think I'm gonna go have words with Mister Silverstone tomorrow mornin. After I wake up and have wonderful Cup coffee, that is." Alamexis' eyes suddenly grew wide in surprise. How did she...

"And how do you intend to get past the guards, Emiliy?" Emiliy stood upright and closed the door, looking at him as if a bit disgusted.

"What else would that form be for?" She pointed towards the desk and Alamexis, and more importantly at the application. A look of complete shock fell over Malcom's face, as he stared blankly back at his sister. "What? Awww...don't tell me ya thought I didn't know about all yer little plans...do ya really think I learned nothing growin up with a nerd like yooooouuuuu?"

"I have never once..." Alamexis laughed aloud, cutting himself off mid-sentence. "And when did you find out about this?"

"Pro'lly about five minutes before you did." Emiliy crossed her arms, smiling with the thought. "Oooh! Lemme sign it now!" Emiliy took flight, reaching for the application and giggling the entire time.

"No!" Alamexis laughed, snatching the form from the desk and holding it behind his back. "The guards outside might be slightly upset with you when you go outside, after all."

A sudden sadness seemed to seize at Emiliy, the look on her face turning from playful glee to slight depression. Malcom pursed his lips, and nodded ever so slightly at his sister, sensing her thought.

"I wish you could come with me." She wrapped her arms around his torso and leaned her head against his chest.

"I know. But..." Alamexis wrapped his free arm around his little sister. "...look at it this way: we'll be able to meet at The Cup whenever you so desire. After all, the Omni-Tek coffee isn't exactly gourmet, and---" In his attempt at what he thought was comforting her, he hadn't even felt one of her hands lift off of his back and snatch the application from his hand.

"Gottit!" Emiliy giggled and tore herself from his grasp, running from the main room and into her bedroom, laughing the entire way.

"Then start packing your things!" Alamexis yelled out, trying to sound consterning as a big brother yet failing miserably, as laughter mingled amongst his words. "I'll be taking you over there tonight."
    Last edited by Ammicus; Feb 3rd, 2003 at 16:00:59.

February 3, 29477
    Late morning

Moving was always such a chore. Sorting through all of the trash she had accumulated, mostly a result of the unending number of credits Malcom had supplied her with, was even worse. Rather than waste her brother’s money in a second instance, Emiliy had spent the morning wandering about the Omni-Tek training grounds, giving away useless garbage that she no longer needed and, of course, anything to do with “Omni-Tek”, save for a full med-suit that she thought might come in handy.

She had just finished emptying her Omni-Tek bank of its contents, when her comm. flared alive.

“Aleeeeeen!” Emiliy screamed out excitedly at the sound of her friend’s voice.

“My, aren’t we a tad chipper today. How is everything, Emiliy?”

“Oh it’s sooooo good! Malcom’s actually takin me to Tha Cup tonight!”

“Indeed? Well, perhaps I should deliver a bottle of champagne in celebration.” Amacia’s voice was as cold and sterile as it had always been. All the better… she thought.

“I would invite ya ta come along with us, but I kinda wanna be just with him, ya know?” Emiliy lied. Truth be known, she had a much grander idea planned for Amacia.

“Fully understandable. I would not want to be a disturbance.” Amacia lied back. “However, perhaps you and I can meet up afterwards? I would like to verify that you are sufficiently healed, and to spend a little time catching up. Things have been quite hectic, as you know.”

“Yup.” Emiliy muttered in response, suppressing a giggle.

“I am scheduled to be in Newland this evening, but I will not be there for long. Would you be good enough to meet me at the outdoor café?”

“Ummmm…sure!” Uh oh. Emiliy didn’t say, as Amacia simply acknowledged her agreement and the comm. line went silent. So much for surprising her at her apartment in Tir...
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Early Morning
    2 Feb 29477

Cathern woke with a start. It was the usual nightmare. She was back in the mines...being...abused by the foreman. This time it was a bit different. Instead of the usual crass and hurtful words that normally went with the dream, the foreman kept saying,

"[ERROR: UNKNOWN SENDER-NOT RECOGNISED IN DATABASE]*COMMAND OVERRIDE: MESSAGE WILL SEND*"Cease your traitorous activities at once. Supporting the traitor MacGreggor or supporting a democracy is seditious. The Sentinels are our leaders. If you continue this illegal behaviour you will be paid a visit much like the one MacGreggor was paid. You have been warned"

Cathern's head was pounding. These nightmares kept her tense...on edge...and sometimes bitchy. They happened at least three or four times a week. It was torment to relive..that time in her life over and over.

Cathern sighed as she pulled her clothes on and thought about the previous day. The two warning messages she recived...were disturbing. No telling who it came from. Even her advanced knowledge of cracking into computers systems did not produce any tangible results. Her friend Fixerben apparently had received the warnings as well.

Cathern, Fixerben, Uwen, and Alamexis had met to discuss these messages. Nothing was resolved though. The meeting was interrupted by a member of OTSEC. Seems they wanted Alamexis to record the meeting. Cathern smiled as she recalled the fate of the camera. "I hope they enjoyed the pictures!"

Cathern started working on some paperwork. Her mind drifted to another event. She had went to Reet's in the evening and seen Braedon there. Braedon had been one of those leaders she trusted right from the get go. Their views were very well matched. Cathern recalled the conversation that mostly focused on the End Game (EG) alliance. Previously she had scorned this alliance since it never actually seemed to do anything and it's leadership had been..somewhat dubious in her mind. Braedon said that the EG alliance had undergone a radical change recently. The new EG, as Braedon explained it, seemed to fit very well with Whisper's Edge's goals and rules. Perhaps she should bring this up with her officers. Unity of the Rose and Valour Eternal were already amongst Whisper's Edge's closest friends. She liked and respected Braedon and Szentasha a great deal.

Cathern smiled. It seems Braedon has had some influence there...and made it better. Yes...she would consider it again. With all that had been happening recently...she thought Whisper's Edge may have need of more formal allies. Then again...her experience with other alliances, Red Freedom, United in Freedom and Coucil of Ares, had taught her caution. Something to consider carefully before committing her family.

Tonight she was to meet with Emiliy. Cathern recalled seeing her in The Cup, fawning over General Templus. Hopefully Emiliy had gotten over THAT infatuation. She'd have to find out why Emiliy had acted like that. Perhaps it was just becuase the General was female and in a position of power. Someone to look up to.

Someone to look up to. Cathern sighed again. What was up with her love Lexusstreak lately? Lexy had always been more radical but now she seemed to have fallen in love with the Sentinels and Silverstone. It was very disturbing for Cathern to hear Lexy talk about all that hate stuff. The ideals Lexy seen in the Sents are no different then the life under Omni-Tek. Why didn't she see that? Cathern sighed again and shook her head. Lexy had some good arguments but, Silverstone was not to be trusted, nor anyone else who seemed on the path to become a dictator.

Cathern sipped her coffee. What new problem or issue would the day bring her?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Nelida was sitting quietly with her Love and a few friends when one of her comm channels errupted with an unauthorized transmission, "[ERROR: UNKNOWN SENDER-NOT RECOGNISED IN DATABASE]*COMMAND OVERRIDE: MESSAGE WILL SEND*"Cease your traitorous activities at once. Supporting the traitor MacGreggor or supporting a democracy is seditious. The Sentinels are our leaders. If you continue this illegal behaviour you will be paid a visit much like the one MacGreggor was paid. You have been warned."

Dumbfounded she stared at the virtual display then activated bots to trace the startling transmission to its source. Momments later the trail deadended in a tangle of retransmission nodes.

"Well" Nelida thought to herself, "It seems Sentinel supporters have shown their true colors...democracy is seditious indeed!"

Not terribly suprisingly others sitting with her had also recieved identical transmissions and were equally confused...if a little alarmed as well.

If there was one thing that her sister taught her many years ago it was; when threatened toss the threat right back in the face of those that made it.

Nelida jumps up and says to her friends, "Let's go to Tir and show these people exactly what we think of them."

A few dozen calmed or killed Sentinel thugs later...that Ben is sure trigger happy...Nelida is feeling much better about the situation and heads off for a late dinner and some much needed sleep.

Drifting off to sleep she reviews the days activities. Chuckling softly to herself she ponders on just what a diversified crowd is probably out gunning for her now...unknown Sentinel supporters and soon that nasty little Templus again. Thinking to herself, "I just know that Templus is not going to appreciate this days activities..." she drifts off to sleep.

“Hmph.” Radein scanned his datapad, scouring the grid and absorbing the day’s news. “NLF Rises Again. NLF…Nanomage Liberation…” Radein paused, twisting his brow in thought and glancing up at the sky over Tir. “…Fencesitters.” he laughed heartily, glancing across the river at one of the Sentinels’ guards.

“Although I find myself quite tempted to ask what it is you are fantasizing about this time, it is far too early in the day to listen to such perversion.” As gracefully as always, Amacia had slipped in behind Radein.

“Careful with your tongue, Amacia. Lest it be plucked from the foul mouth in which it sits.” Radein snarled, un-amused. “Have plans been made for the girl?”

“Indeed.” Amacia yawned and took a seat on the ledge of the river, un-intimidated. “She will be attending The Cup with Malcom this evening. I have instructed her to meet me in Newland thereafter.”

“And you are certain she’ll show?”

“Quite. How else would an Omni-Tek child travel from West Athen to Newland?” Amacia paused, turning to face the river. “It is a pity that you were so inept with your acquisitions, Radein. Having to rely on a sniper…"

“It’s not my fault that you, Aleen, neglected to include the necessary poison on your list of needed ‘supplies’. It is of little consequence, in any event.” Radein remained resolved in his confidence, turning to face Amacia.

“I trust you made him aware that he has an extremely small window of opportunity? Once the grid terminal fully reconstructs her body, the package will become catalytic. Should she take so much as one step before…”

“Our assassin won’t fail. I gave him the DNA targeting implant you put together. Given that it’s going to lock on the moment she is ‘killable’…”

“You realize that DNA targeting is imperfe---“

“Nonsense.” Radein raised his hand to silence Amacia’s criticism. “Little Emiliy will arrive as planned, and she will be killed as planned. It’s really quite simple, Aleen. Even someone who was tossed from Omni-Med should be able to---“ With uncanny speed, Amacia lashed out, slapping Radein. The sound drew the attention of nearby guards. “Fair enough.” he responded, gripping his jaw and chuckling slightly. “Contact the others. Tell them we will meet tonight, before the…festivities.”

A figure sat on top of a box resting it's back against the cold steel wall of what use to be a holding area for illegal goods and trade stuffs.

"Time ticks by and soon the life of one will pass."

Lynar shifted his rifle to his lap and began checking its components. He cleaned and prepared each piece in a delicate manner, as if holding a soft flower and having to place each petal on it seperately.

"The Clans will rise again and Omni-Tek will burn..."

Lynar begun to hum softly to himself a song from long ago, remember by very few still among the Clans today. Most of the words from a song sung during a conflict so old it truly was forgotten...

Yes, we'll rally round the cause,
    We'll rally once again,
    Shouting the battle cry of Freedom,
    We will rally from the stars,
    We'll gather from every planet,
    Shouting the battle cry of Freedom.

CHORUS:
    The Clans forever,
    Hurrah! boys, hurrah!
    Down with the opressors,
    Up with the stars;
    While we rally round the cause,
    Rally once again,

We are springing to the call
    Of our brothers gone before,
    Shouting the battle cry of Freedom;
    And we'll fill our vacant ranks with
    A million free men more,
    --CHORUS

We will welcome to our numbers
    The loyal, true and brave,
    And although they may be poor,
    Not a man shall be a corporate slave,
    --CHORUS

So we're springing to the call
    From near and far,
    And we'll hurl the corporation crew
    From the land that we love best,
    --CHORUS

Lynar contunied to hum until at last he placed the final piece of his rifle, and the power began to cycle through it until it too seemed to hum along.

"Yes, tonite we light the fire. Tonite we strike for freedom."

February 3rd 29477

Fixerben arrives at the Omni-1 arrival station from Morning Star space station early in the morning. He strolls to gate 3A, and meets up with Benjacrat.

"Benjacrat, so good to see you again. I was hoping that you would be back in time for my meeting."

"Well Fixerben, it is good to be back. But due to some threats I have recently received, I dont think its a good idea for us both to be in the same place at the same time."

"Yes, your probably right. I will log the meeting and send it to you over a secure link. Feel free to send me a comm message if you want to make a comment."

Fixerben and Benjacrat continue their walk out of Omni-1 and to Andromeda. Feeling a little safer they begin to discuss personal matter.

"So Benjacrat, while you were away, one of your past acquaintances has come into some trouble."

"Yes, I have been reading the updates on her situation. I trust you have offered all help that you can give."

"Of course, but...It seems that some people have been harassing her, and Alamexis is going to have her lay low for a while."

"I see. I hope she is somewhere safe, with good Coffee. She seemed to love the Coffee I made for her at Reets."

"Oh...Yes, Alamexis got rather excited when I told him that you introduced her to Coffee. Crat Coffee tastes good, but it does have the effect of making young girls rather hyper."

"Yes indeed, but she is a lot of fun when shes hyper."

Fixerben shakes his head and laughs at Benjacrat.

"Well, yes she is going to disappear tonight. Maybe you should speak to her before she is no longer available. Give her some Coffee to take with her."

Fixerben laughs.

"Well its been a while since I have seen her. And at the moment I can not enter any Clan cities. So, I dont know, we will just have to see."

"You going to come to West Athen? You can hang around in The Cup, theres no guards there to harass you."

"Sure...maybe we will see Emiliy there..."

"Doubtful, but maybe..."

Fierben and Benjacrat transfer into the Grid, and come back out in West Athen. Slowly walking over to The Cup, and entering the door talking about current events.

"Oh, I know someone that would love to come out. Hes been locked in this Crystal for weeks."

Benjacrat looks at the NanoCrystal and hears the gentle hum of NanoBots waiting to be released eminating from inside of it. Benjacrat places the NanoCrystal back into his NCU memory and Runs the program.

Benjacrat's pet, Hubert 2.0: Hello, Master. I am ready to serve you.

"Hello again Hubert. How are you?"

"Hubert 2.0:I am functioning at 99.3% of capacity due to a small fluctuation in Notum fields."

"Well, you should be fine then.

"Hubert 2.0: Yes Master, I am 'fine'."

"Very good, Hubert, I would like you to meet a good friend of mine. His name is Fixerben."

"Hubert 2.0: Hello, Fixerben."

"Hello Hubert."

"Now Hubert, I want you to listen to Fixerben as if he were your master. His orders to you should be followed just mine are."

"Hubert 2.0: Yes, Masters."

"Hubert, Please stand at the door, and alert me of any messages, or any Omni that enter West Athen."

"Hubert 2.0: Yes, Master."

Hubert runs out the door and begins his scans. Fixerben and Benjacrat sit in The Cup and talk about politics, and catch Benjacrat up on what he has missed while away.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

It was any other night at the infamous Reet's Retreat, the glass floor was clacking disturbingly as the half intoxicated dancers stuppored across it's shiny surface. The air was thick with cheap cologne worn by the would -be pimps and players. Lexus sat back into her chair far into the corner, her long brown legs crossed one over the other as her helled shoe dangled from the tip of her foot. It was somethign she often did when in deep thought..contemplation. Just to her right a voice could be heard, though now it seemed distant, as if it was coming from several rooms away. It was Vixentrox, who for all points of interest was Lexus' close companion and lover. "Do you want to dance dear?" The inquisitive opifex asked for what seemed like the 10th time, each time getting no closer through the piercing dead stare of her seated counterpart. Vixen tilted her head and wondered what could have caught her companions gaze so completely, so engrossingly... she attempted to follow her line of sight across the room, but her mind becoming no less puzzled as it fell on the usual group of dancers and drinkers and the gaudy DJ Tarryk.

Giving up in her advances, Vixen went to stand on the glass floor, awaiting someone to mingle with as conversation with her lover seemed near impossible. "Look at them....." Lexus said in a low almost inaudible tone. the words seeming to have never even left her sneered parted red lips as Vixen's keen ears erected at the first signs of life from her date. "Look at who Lexy?...what are you talking about?" Vixen asked, rubbing her chin and gazing about the crowded room in confusion. Lexus brought her fingers together just in front of her mouth and arched them against each other to form an almost triangular structure as she rested her lips against them before she spoke up. "Omni...Clan...interlocked, intertwined..without a care in the world... and....neutrals.." The words sifted from her like slivers of ice, each syllable breaking off and seeming to fall to the floor with such an aire of disgust in them it made Vixen shiver. "Lexy, plese not tonight, can't we just enjoy ourselves without all of this? you didn't have to come here you know." Vixen huffed and folded her slender arms arms. It had tired her, it seemed lately there was nothing else the two argued about more than clan/omni/neutral relations. "I don't get you sometimes Vixen..you of all people should realize that the key to our liberation is not getting drunk with this filth. Do you seriously think that if it came down to the corporation and us, they would choose us?..." before vixen could reply, Lexus interkected and continued on "and to think of the traitors here...calling themselves clan...like that Bradeon character." Vixen quickly went on the defensive, her face frowning as she huffed her chest out "What's wrong with Braedon? he's a good friend of mine, has been for a while, longer than I've known you Lexy"

'He's a traitor Vixen, this is no secret, he plays about with Omni scum on a regular basis, he doesn't even hide his infatuation with Sez..." Vixen cut Lexus off and countered abruptly, sitting on the couch and reclining into the cushion "What he does with his private life doesn't concern us Lexy..he's probably just using her for information" Lexus dug her fingernails into the arm of her chair, the vein in her forehead started to pulse, it happened when she was angry, and nothing made her more angry than clans inter- mingling with omni. "It's a traitorous act Vixen, who knows what he could be telling her..it's sickening....not only do I have to worry about problems in Newland soon with the neuts, but I have to worry about Omni invading my own backyard..."

Vixen ran her fingers over her pony tail and sighed "You wouldn't have to worry about any of it if you weren't the Sentinel's lap dog..why do you even bother with that tyrant Fisk?" Vixen wasn't clueless about Lexus' dealings with the Sentinels, she knew what it was that Lexus desired, for the clans to be unified under Sentinel rule. Lexus took great offense, she punding her fist into the arm of her chair "Fisk is a great man, he does what everyone else is afraid to do, he's kept Tir free, do you see Templus taking regular trips there with her Omni-Pol goons? do you see Bonefish smirking and joking about clanners next to the Patrollers?" Vixen rubber her temples, she knew where the conversation was going and she quickly wanted to tear herself away from it. She stood from the couch and straightened her Oriental suit. "I came here to have fun Lexy, I really don't want to go over this tonight, I'll see you back in West Athens hopefully later on, but I'm going to get some drinks." As Vixen finished her sentence she turned about to gree the onlooker who tapped at his chin curiously. "Oh hi there Alamexis..pleasure seeing you here" Vixen smiled as she extended her hand to the onlooker. Lexus silently stood and stared at the man. a look flashed across her face that seemed to tear into the man's soul, she walked pass Vixen without another word. "How rude of me, this is my girlfriend Lex..." Vixen was about to add but when she loooked back all she saw was Lexus proceeding down the ramp that lead away from the glass floored dance area.

As she swayed down the rickety ramp she muttered under her breath, obscenities eschewed one after the other as she clenched her fists tightly. Just as she was reaching the exit from the recreational area, a man stumbled over her path. He was stuppored and intoxicated, his breath reeked of hit-the-floor-jack, he wore an Omni-pol uniform, obviously a recruit. Lexus peered at him cautiously..slowly sontinuing her stride for the exit from Reet's, as much as she hated Omni-Pol she tried her best to avoid making a scene and took slow steady breaths. Just as she was about to pass she felt a grasp on her arm, she stopped and turned about, her face scowled and contorted as she spoke "What the hell do you think you're doing?" The drunken officer spoke up, "Come on baby.....it's a partayyyy, I hear clanner girls do things nice little Omni ones don't" with that the officer drew back his hand and slapped it across Lexus' posterior In that instant lexus began to grit her teeth, her eyes blazed and turned a bloodshot red, she snatched her arm away from her would be captor and proceeded out of the exit.

3:00 am rolled about, the party at Reet's began to die down. the night bellowed over Stret like an apparition torn between purgatori and the realm of the living. Against the dimemd lgihts of the Stret walkways, a young drunken Omni-Pol officer stumbled for the Whom-pa, a bottle of sake in one hand laughing as his arm embraced a young clan Bureaucrat. "I'm da man..oh yeah you better believe it baby, Omni keeps me in this uber phat gear and Meister gives me these mad checks honey, the corporation can do things for you sugah, but umm well.." He continued on, his speech becoming almost slurred and incoherant "you gots ta do thangs for me.." He snickered as he groped the giggling young girl. They both stepped into the Borealis whompa and their forms were enveloped in the bright lights, As they emerged from the other side they were greeted by an odd women wearing a trenchcoat, little was given off of her features except a red set of blazing hair tied into a neat ponytail. "Oh pardon me lad, how terribly clumsy of me" she offered as she bowed and stepped aside into a darkened corner "what eva lady" the man replied as he clenched his escort tightly and continued onward to the nearest grid terminal. The couple cackled madly into the night air as their foot steps seemed to echo in the seedy town..the young girl looked up at her would-be benefactor and spoke "You gonna take me in for "interrogation" officer?" her hands moved over his chest as she giggled mindlessly. The officer looked down at his escort and was about to reply..but before the words could escape his lips a loud thud cracked throug the air as a lighting fast fist smacked against his face sending teeth flying t the pavement. It was Lexus' fist..she landed a terrible blow to the man as his body collapsed upon itself and he fell to the ground.

The young girl screamed in shock as Lexus jumped upon the Omni officer and repeatedly pounded her fists into his face. Terrible cracking noises bled into a crescendo that made the man's escort nearly faint, she screamed hysterically as the officer groaned and gurgled through his brutal punishment. Lexus stood from her activity and clenched the girl's throat tightly "scream one more time and it will be your last..." lexus muttered between clenched teeth as she jerked the girls head towards her date "You see this? take good note of it and go home" Lexus torted and pushed the young girl away. The girl looked on in horrified shock as Lexus lifted the man up with one arm, her augmented strength quite frightening as she dragged him down a hill towards the water, a thin trail of blood streaking as she dragged the poor unfortunate. She hefted his body and dunked him headfirst into the water, a sadistic smile washing over her face as she watched the bubbles forming from her victim. "You Omni filth....you think you're above retribution?!" she hissed as the man struggled to breathe under the murky water, his body convulsing as his lungs filled with water "You'll learn, one day you will ALL learn" Lexus muttered as she punched into the water, striking several blows against the back of the officer's skull. The dank water ripped as the last of the bubbles surfaced to top, intermingled with a spreading ripple of crimson. Lexus stood and with a hefty kick she tipped the rest of the lifeless body into the water.

On a nearby hill behind a tree, a woman jeered, the same woman who greeted the unlucky couple upon their entrance to Borealis. "She clicked her comm and spoke into it, adrenaline at 200 percent above normal, pulse at 150 percent above normal, heart rate at 160 beats per minute. seems to be working perfectly sir" she muttered as she smiled into her wrist. "I'll finish keeping an eye on things here"

The young crat girl dashed through west athens in a frenzy, tears in her eyes, her hands shaking as she ran into the Cup. She needed a drink to calm her nerves, but instead was greeted by a patrol of Omni-Pol officers. Among them was General Templus who wondered why this person looked like she had seen a ghost. After purchasing some hot tea for the shocked victim, Templus sat next to her and inquired "what's wrong?" and with that the young girl looked up, her hands barely able to hold the tea "I want...to..I...I want t report a crime"
    Last edited by Lexusstreak; Feb 3rd, 2003 at 17:06:44.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Morning
    February 3, 29477

Jimmy woke up earlier than usual today. Today was to be a fantastic day. The day all their planning would come together. Jimmy was working out, stopping periodically to check his spy equipment. He recieved the message from Ternicko.

To: Ternicko
    Subject: It is time

Come to my apartment in West Athen BackYard 4 as soon as possible. We will conduct the information extraction there.
    He then sent one to Radein

To: Radein
    Subject: It is time

I will be extracting the information from Ternicko immediately. The device will be ready in time for delivery to my OmniTek contact and then delivery to the target.
    Jimmy smiled and went back to working out.
    Last edited by Uwen; Feb 3rd, 2003 at 18:01:54.

Mid Morning
    February 3, 29477

"That's the last of them"

Randa paused, listening to what the voice on the other end of her comm was saying.

"Yes, the scramblers are on them, I'm sending the code now"

Sliding back into her yalm, Randa looked over the horizon of Newland, over to West Athen where she had just arrived from.

"Yes, I am positive that they will work, are the tracking systems still working after all this time?"

"Excellent, radio silence will be effective in 10 minutes"

As she slipped the small, crescent shaped comm into one of the pockets of her cloak, she double-checked the angle of the device that she had planted on the cliff. Smiling, Randa climbed into her yalm, and sped toward the grid access point.

Upon reaching the grid terminal, she took out a small card and inserted it into a slot on the terminal, watching as the world around her dissolved and turned in to the dark and limitless world of the fixer grid.
    Last edited by Lesentia; Feb 3rd, 2003 at 18:01:23.
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast