Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Of Hawks and Doves

Nelida wakes abruptly and sits bolt upright. Memories of recent dreams slowly separate themselves from memories of the nights events. Realizing that she is still in full sweaty armor the dream-like memories of battle coalesce into the evenings reality. Now remembering what she had been doing a nagging feeling arose ticking her to remember what she should have been doing...

Yes! She had meant to look for Alamexis' sister...probably trying to hide from every Omni and Clan on the planet by now. Checking her comm unit she see's only one message flashing...a thank you for Arion's support the previous night.

Muttering to herself, "Hehe...guess we showed the Band of Bozos and their cohorts...Belial is so pretty, I'm glad Omni came by to fertilize the area."

Chuckling softly she considers bemused, "Wonder if Peachfuz ever got her candy cane..."

Stripping off her blood-spattered armor she flicks a partially dried piece of Omni ear into the incinerator then hops into the shower and starts quietly singing...

"Omni comes, Omni goes,
    What's left of them assaults my nose;
    Nick-nack paddywhack,
    Scrubbing off their blood,
    Left them dead and in the mud."

Nelida voice-tabs her comm unit and leaves a message for Cyani, "Hi sleepyhead, I have yet another shipment of coffee to pick up and deliver. If you get a chance keep your eyes open for Alamexis' sister...I think she could use a friend about now. When I re-enter orbit I'll give you a call."

Pulling on a pair of Poetic Pants and a nice light Waterlily print top she makes for the spaceport to prepare another coffee run.

Shaking her head she thinks to herself, "Maybe if they switched to decaf they wouldn't be so all-fired hell-bent on killing each other endlessly..." Tabs her notpad and makes a note to herself to make a deal with her suppliers for a load of cheap decaf with which she can cut the strong stuff these war-mongers are used to drinking...and maybe turn a better profit in the process.
    Last edited by Nelida; Jan 31st, 2003 at 21:00:35.

Afternoon
    January 31, 29477

Christopher had finished checking over his flat. A couple things were missing, among them the physical copy of the constitution (the fool hadn't found his hidden computer terminal) and a few valuables. He decided it was not worth the effort to try to retrieve them and just let them go. He opened a commlink channel to Malcom.

"Malcom, when you get back on planet, give me a shout. Have some things I'd like to go over concerning the constitution. Also, before we get to business, theres another GSP party going on at Reets tonight. You game?"

He sighed and took a look over his flat and went off to The Cup for a drink.
    Last edited by Uwen; Jan 31st, 2003 at 21:33:05.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Early Afternoon
    January 31, 29477

As Randa tossed about on the couch that she had made her temporary home, she wondered if the events of the past days had all just been a horrible dream, conceived from her worst nightmares. As the faint knocking souund that she herd was getting louder, it was realized that it had been no dream.

As Randa slowly got off the couch in her office, she remembered the events of the past day that had put her there. The noise of the reporters, nearly running over several of them trying to get to her yalm and even more waiting fo her just before the security area of the Intern-Ops building that she worked at.

Not even bothering to look at the news, she decided to go and see what her assistant, who was now almost yelling for her attention, wanted.

"Miss Forejt, they're waiting for you."

"Who?"

"The reporters, they wish for you to speak to them."

Randa sighed and paused for a few minutes.

"Tell them I will make a statement in about 10 minutes."

Her assistant nodded and quickly closed the door, leaveing Randa wondering what on earth that she would say.
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Ducking into the doorframe, Alamexis took one last look at the Omni-Prime spaceport, and boarded the shuttle for Rubi-Ka. Another long, trying week had come to a close, but, he hoped, all of his guilt-driven hard work over the past three weeks would be worthwhile.

Glancing at his comm, he smiled upon reading the message from Christopher, and quickly composed a brief response - "See you there". Reets would undoubtedly be free of the mobs of reporters, as well as whichever InternOps or Omni-Pol officer had been assigned to question him.

The next message caused Alamexis to shut his eyes and curse silently into the air. Randa. Reassuring words, yes; hinting that she did not fully believe what the press had said up to this point; but nonetheless far from the reprive he hoped to hear.

And still nothing from Emiliy. Where is she? he thought, flipping through his entire message list. Her comm was still silent, and even though she was notorious for leaving it in the apartment, on that table, it was quite uncharacteristic for her to leave it off for over 24 hours.

After tapping a few keys, he breathed a sigh of relief. The message trace indicated that she had, at least, read his message. She's probably just mad...

Turning to his final task before slipping into a desired nap, he sent one additional message.

"Hello Radein. As I'm sure Aleen has already informed you, I will be returning to Rubi-Ka later this evening. If you must insist on meeting, contact me."

posted on behalf of Lynar

Lynar studied the landscape taking in the city and its surrounding terrain features.

"Long ago the Clans built this city for the Council... It stood proud, and meant something for the people of the Clans." he spoke softly to himself. "We pleaded with the Council to not give in to Omni demands, we begged. Silverstone spoke of the repercussions that would come to the Council should they wane to Omni lies."

Lynar sighed deeply. "Silverstone has liberated our heart, but he has cause us to only face his own brand of tyranny. Let him serve a purpose for now, at the moment his cause is the destruction of Omni-Tek even if he is insane with rage at the neutrals." he pondered silently. Lynar slung his rifle over his shoulder, and drew his comm pad and began to type.

*** BROADCAST TRANSMISSION | SOURCE : Unknown ***
    The fury of the lost has arrived to the very heart of the Clans. It is not a pretty sight, however it serves a purpose for now. It beats with the hopes of the Clans from long ago.

I can hear the sound of liberation, a thousand pounding feet, and the sound of gunfire. Soon the Clans will rise again, the lost on will show them the way, let us grind those that opress us to dust.

It is time to restore the glory of the clans!
    *** END TRANSMISSION ***

"We will stir the cause that has lain silent for far too long." he thought to himself, as a slow grin spread over his face. He began another transmission...

I have arrived at the heart of our great cause. Let us move forward, I am prepared now. I learned much in my days amongst them.
    He silently folded up his comm and proceeded into the heart of the Clans, aware what his faith would possibly unleash on the people.

"So this is the coward's apartment" Jimmy muttered to himself.

He had done some research on this MacGreggor imbecile he had read about in the paper. He had decided he was a dangerous traitor to the clans and had set up surveillance to moniter Christopher's apartment. He noted with disgust that the backstabbing bastard had to be physically restrained from movement so the Sentinels could properly search his quarters.

"Perhaps a warning is in order. Yes, I will give him one chance to change his traitorous ways."

Late Afternoon
    January 31st

Ternicko stepped out of the shower, the job had been messy this time.
    The fixer had wanted her to pick up a package and to deliver it at Reets at the party hosted by GSP this evening.
    That the package was in the possesion of a local crimelord was something convienlently left out of the job description.
    "That's fixers, never trust them" she was speaking to herself.

She was supposed to be there in 30 minutes, she hesitantly put on some clothes she tought would be fitting.

She didn't like crowds, and certainly not the kind that used to hang out parties, but she needed the money.

"Might even meet some nice people, it has been kinda lonely this last months..."

The habit of talking to herself had grown worse lately, getting out would do her good.

She looked at her watch, it was time to go.
    Never forget

Braedon sat in his dimly lit apartment, cup of coffee in one hand, newspaper in the other. The past few weeks had been a blur to him, with the sudden growth of his guild, the many late nights at Reets, the recent changes taking place within his EndGame alliance. Yes, it was definitely time to catch up on outside events.

His eyebrow arches as he reads the article on Alamexis.

"Yeesh, I had no idea the press took such note of one's personal life," he mutters to himself. "Maybe I should be more careful of who I'm seen with..."

Braedon looks up from the paper and frowns a moment...then bursts into laughter. His hand reaches for a bottle of Scottish Whiskey and gives his cup of coffee a healthy kick.

"Bah," he exclaims. "I'll associate with who I wish."

An image of a woman enters his mind, a woman decked out in Omni Elite armor. Braedon's lips curl into a smile, but only for a moment. He suddenly sits bolt upright in his chair...the details of last night's dream rushing back to him. He had dreamt of her! His jaw clenches as he the details come rushing back to him...

She was crying out in pain, an expression on her face he was not accustomed to seeing...one of fear. A green glow framed her body as she dropped to the floor, her rifle falling from her suddenly lifeless grip. She looked up at him and unleashed a scream of pure terror unlike anything he had ever heard. And, then...she was gone.

Braedon shuddered. There was such a feeling of loss associated with the nightmare. A loss that Braedon remembered all too well, for he felt it when his parents died, felt it again when the grandfather who raised him was lost, and yet again when his first true love was murdered. Braedon had fled those demons by coming to Rubi-Ka, vowing to never lose those close to him again.

Why did he not feel comforted by the techological advances that this notum-rich planet provided? Why did this dream make him feel so...empty?

His ponderings were interrupted by a familiar voice on his comm. His dark mood fled immediately...

"You can count on it, Kira" he answers her. "Not that I EVER miss a party at Reets, but tonight...tonight I definitely need to unwind a bit."

After agreeing to meet her there and arguing a bit over which outfit she would wear for him, Braedon sets his comm aside and reads the rest of the news (pausing occasionally, of course, to add more Whiskey to his cup).

"I once had a similar passion for peace," he whispers softly to himself upon finishing his reading.

His gaze settles on a portrait on his wall. It was a gift given to him by his Advisor, Leroux...capturing the retribution of Valor Eternal on an Omni org that had attacked them unprovoked. The firey explosion of a mining tower was captured within, a perfect snapshot of violence, war and hatred.

"I wonder," he muses. "Do I still have such a passion in me?"

His thoughts flicker back to the opifex Omni in black armor and he smiles.

"Nothing is ever black and white," he says firmly to himself. "It goes beyond Omni vs. Clans."

If only more people saw it that way...
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Early Evening
    January 31st, 29477

Christopher got himself ready, dressed and with a couple bottles of scotch and set out for Reets.

"This should certainly be interesting."

Evening
    January 21, 29477

Jimmy went back to his apartment, conveniently located next to the traitor MacGreggor's. He replayed the recording of the surveillance camera and noticed MacGreggor had left his flat for Tarryk's Friday Megabash. He chuckled quietly to himself.

"Time to give this traitor his warning."

Jimmy quietly waited in the empty backyard for a new arrival to emerge. He the first thing that stepped out of the Entertainment Park was a young woman. Jimmy checked the registry on her and noticed her last name happened to be MacGreggor as well. Coincedence or not, it was good enough. He waited for her to turn her back and shot her dead. Once again, it was before the girl had thought to insure herself. Jimmy chuckled and gather the body and quietly carried it to the front of MacGreggor's apartment. He picked the lock and bypassed the simple security alert system and set the body down inside.

"All too easy. Now to give this place a proper thrashing."

He unloaded his rifle and put his silencer on the tip. he shot up the paintings, the lamps, the couch, the normal gridfeed terminal, the sound system and finished off the rest of the apartment in a similar fashion.

"Hah, I can't wait to see his face after he gets home from this. He'll be sloshed and have this to think about. And now for the final touch."

He dragged the dead woman's body to the back of the room. He pulled out a paintbrush and dipped it in the pool of the woman's blood. He wrote in large letters on the wall

TRAITORS WILL PAY IN BLOOD

"This should do it it. I hope this conveys the message easily enough."

He stepped over the body and made his way out of the apartment. And headed off to Reets Retreat once more.
    Last edited by Uwen; Feb 1st, 2003 at 05:05:21.

"Your brother is quite clever, Emiliy..." Amacia whispered, selecting a scalpel from the array of medical instruments and holding it up to the gleam of the operating room lights. "...to think he had programmed your pet to bring you here."

Alamexis had been wise in his choice of locations to which Emiliy's robotic pet would carry her in the event of an emergency, like her collapse at The Cup the previous evening. The small shack was located in neutral territory, far-removed from any known settlements and accessible only by those brave enough to challenge the gauntlet of aggressive fauna that littered the landscape of the Broken Shores region of Rubi-Ka. Nestled in a grove of trees, Alamexis had spent what must have been a small fortune furnishing this decrepit, abandoned shack with all the medical supplies one would need to cure virtually any ailment. Or, in the hands of a doctor, cause virtually any ailment.

The moment the program had flared activate in Grrrrrrr, it had automatically transmitted a subspace, secure warning to Alamexis, coded with such extreme encryption and yet simplistic enough to be only a single word - "infinitum".

"And yet to be so foolish not to recognize..." Amacia hovered over top of Emiliy, who lay unconcious on the operating table below, still dressed in her silly white cloak and matching hood. She spun the scalpel dextrously in her hand, and faintly traced an imaginary incision across Emiliy's throat.

As was easily predicted, Malcom had panicked upon receiving the one message that actually motivated him to instantaneous action. He had seized control of the transport by threatening the pilot, forcing the frightened creature to push full-throttle towards Rubi-Ka and land just outside of the City of Homes. He had already summoned his Yalm, which awaited him, and had nearly blown the entire energy-column trying to squeeze every last mile-per-second out of the craft's engines.

But he was no doctor. For all of the good that the supplies accomplished, little could be done to cure such a serious concussion if one did not have the skills necessary to administer treatment. And so Malcom had called the only doctor who he thought he could truly and fully trust on Rubi-Ka, and so came Amacia.

"But you are quite the resilient one, little Emiliy." Amacia quipped, partly puzzled. While staring down at the face partly masked behind the hood, Amacia could have sworn that a smile errupted every time Malcom spoke to her, and frowned with every one of the tears that fell from his eyes. Even as he had kissed her on the forehead and taken his leave for Reets, she could have sworn she heard Emiliy cry out for him. But that was simply a blissful wish on Amacia's part.

Nonetheless, as Amacia had surveyed the damage - a slightly fractured skull, substantial bruising and an inflamed meninges - it was no small wonder how she had mustered the strength to so much as stand after the impact, let alone make it all the way to West Athen. But that strength was easily countered, and indeed supressed, with the vast array of muscle relaxants that littered the surgeon's dream around her.

"We did have some exciting times in the past, little Emiliy, but I simply must confess, I never liked you." Amacia's voice was cold yet frighteningly malicious. Again she ran the scalpel from Emiliy's left ear, down her neck and across her jugular, pressing more firmly than before, yet being ever-so graceful in not breaking the skin.

"Perhaps I should pour more gasoline on the little fire Radein has set? Wouldn't that be wonderful, Emiliy?" Amacia grasped the top of her patient's head, pushing it downward and then pulling back upward, repeating this several times, mimicking the nodding agreement as if watching a marrionette on stage.

"Templus...Sezmra...Lesentia..." As she traced the scalpel up from Emiliy's neck to her forehead, Amacia chuckled, as she imagined carving the names she whispered into the air on this wounded creature's forehead. She had seized upon the gift that was Emiliy's injury, given that no one knew how she had been wounded in the first place. Radein had used his skill as a fixer to access and obliterate the evidence that was stored in the NCUs of the two reporter-probes, according Amacia the freedom of stating frantically that she had "witnessed an Omni-Pol officer accost Emiliy with a rifle hilt as she had turned to avoid a confrontation." Plausible. Believable. And, given the recent accusations plaguing the department's activities in West Athen, all-too-likely.

Amacia snapped the scalpel back from her imaginary carving, and pouted comically while still gazing downwards. Behind her, Grrrrrrr stood in a darkened corner, enveloped by both shadow and ignorance. He was only a robot, after all, and as such was foolish enough to believe that Emiliy was safe.
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Lexus hung upside down from an overhead rafter in her west athens apartment, silently scrunching as she repeatedly pulled her upper body closer to her knees...it was her daily routine as her stomach muscles contracted and relaxed with the strain. Her brow beaded with sweat as her pony tails swung about from the strenuous motions. One thought passed in her mind, the only thought that could comfort the erratic world of a well disciplined soldier..the thought of combat..the sweet taste that satiated her palate more than a platter of well prepared food. With a heavy voice she muttered "Newstream on" as her view screen just below came to life. She listened with a contorted and disgusted face as the most recent headlines were announced, namely the fraternization of an Omni with a clanner in what was made off to be a romantic tie. There was one idea that disgusted Lexus more than an omni, it was a clan member who associated freely with them. The thought of Omnis and clans associating with one another turned her stomach, and is what caused her to break associations with her former guild Whisper-s Edge.

Feeling nauseous from the news she quickly erected herself upright and dropped down from her rafter..before she could reach for a towel to wipe the sweat from her face she heard her door ring and announce a visitor. As the partion of the door swooshed aside, Lexus was greeted by a rather skinny looking individual, he was raggedly dressed in a mixture of carbonum and heated plasteel, a rookie obviously, a militiaman of the clan forces. He stood nervously and quickly shifted his gaze downward as he caught the glimpse of his commanding officer in little more than her sleep attire underwear. Lexus scowled and snapped the soldier back to attenton when she firmly spoke up "It's nothing you haven't seen before...now what is it you want exactly?" The grunt quickly saluted, his voice was squeaky and garbeled, he was obviously young, no more than 17 maybe. "Ma'am, sorry to disturb you but you're needed at the war academy...and"... before he could finish, Lexus abruptly interrupted "They couldn't send me a com telling me to come there? whyw atse time by sending you?" The grunt swallowed hard, lexus was quite the force to be reckoned with he thought, ever serious with rarely enough time for a casual joke "ma'am..they only said to tell you it was "pressing" and that you would know, and it was too risky to discuss over open comm"

"That is all Private.....correction..Militiaman" Lexus quickly snapped off, closing the door and walking back into her apartment while the young soldier stood with his mouth agape as if he wasn't done talking. She knew what he meant, business of this nature was never discussed openly with just anyone, but Lexus was a trusted clan soldier, colonel in rank almost ready for a promotion to general, her double suns lapels glinted in the dim light as she snapped them around her neck. She opened her chest that contained her armor, CAS symbiotic...she laughed to herself for a moment, recalling her days in CAS, she didn't care for those times too much but she had to admit, they developed some nice armor. She removed her top and planted her feet firmly, over the past few months she realized that it was best to remove any article of clothing before applying the stuff. She pressed the chestplate against her torso and closed her eyes, the tendrils that lay dormant ont he underside of it sprung into activity as they sank deep into her smooth brown skin, her first experience with organic based armors wasn't too pretty, she went into a coma the very first time she was egged into putting it on by a taunting atrox classmate..the pain at first was excruciating, by years of disciplining her body paid off, and the sweet kiss the organic armor offered now was almost pleasing. She smiled as she applied the last layers.

The air outside was brisk, she paced along the cobblestone sidewalks of west athens, nodding to the guards as they saluted her when she walked past..it was indeed a beautiful city...it was hard to grasp that war was erupting not so far from where she strode. Before she got her yalmaha ready for launch she stopped on the hill just near where her apartment complex was stationed, she watched Vixentrox from a distance as she meditated on her cliff, not wanting to disturb her she blew a kiss in her direction before setting off. It was no secret what she felt for the leader of Whisper's Edge, and even though they both had radically different views on omni clan relations, they always seemed to find a middle ground.

The academy was silent. on any other day it would be filled with hot air spouting old men, shouting orders at their troops, but today was somehow different, there were more guards outside...but not the usual watchers...these were Sentinels. Their faces scowled and gnarled from the dusty plains and toxic air of the wasteland Mort. Lexus walked past, nodding to the sentinels with an acknowledging gaze. The halls of th academy were desolate save for more sentinel guards patrolling them at regular intervals, they scanned Lexus carefully, halting her in her pacing to check her dna for identity verification. It was all a hassle and she groaned impatiently as they sent comms amongst themselves verifying clearance of the young colonel. After they were satisfied they escorted her to what seemed like a dead end in the janitor's closet of the academy. One of the guards ranted a series of non sensical words in the darkened room and it glew with a bluish light that caused Lexus to grow dizzy and lose consciousness.

She awokend in a daze, holding her head and muttering expletives under her breath, she stumbled from the metal cot she lay on and as she attempted to regain her balance, her entire form was overshadowed by a tall presence. Lexus looked up and focused her eyes on the massive individual..she knew immediately who it was... Commander Fisk. She immediately stood up at attention, Fisk was a man she respescted without question, this was not the first time they had met, but the first time under these unusual circumstances. Fisk went on to speak in a deep gravelly voice.. "At ease Colonel....No need to be formal here, I brought you here for a reason..forgive the light show, but I am not yet sure you can stomach the work I am about to show you, thus you do not need to know where you are" before Lexus could even respond to his statement the Hulking atrox walked towards an adjacent room and only muttered "come"

He lead her to a small cramped interrogation style room, a single notum lamp hung overhead over a beaten up and bloodied individual, Lexus furrowed her brows as she stared on silently, the lamp swinging over the man, the light streaming over his face for brief intervals of time, he was dazed obviously, and possibly heavily drugged. Fisk stood over him and snarled, as if he had been trying at this man for some time now. "My patience with you grows thin you neutral scum....we both can be out of here a little faster as soon as you tell me who's really reponsible for hiring Loren Warr in Newland...this is the final time I will ask" The man's head rolled aimlessly to the side, he had apparently been kept down here for some time, as the room reeked of acrid dried blood..or perhaps that was the stench left by former unfortunates. Lexus wanted to ask who the man was, but she was wary of interfering in something she had no knoweldge of yet. Fisk's eyes grew dark, his teeth gnashed as he let a mightly blow come across the neutral's face, the man wheezed at the impact, crimson flying from his mouth and splattering the nearby wall. Lexus smiled depsite her hesitation to show any expression, mostly because she admired the man's toughness, few people could bear a smack from an atrox like that and still be left with their head on their shoulders.

Fisk cracked his knuckles and wiped them on the neutral's shirt. "Colonel, let me get down to business and why I brought you here" Lexus circled the weary dazed neutral, sneering at the individual..she despised neutrals as much as fisk did, she always believed them to be omnis that coudn't cut it in a corporate setting. She looked over at Fisk and replied "Looks like you have all your business in order already commander" fisk stared at Lexus and almost broke a smile, but his cracked visage wouldn't allow it. "2 weeks he's been down here, we've been attempting to find out who is really behind the hiring of Loren Warr, it's a question that eludes even the sentinels" The battered neutral gargled in an attempt to speak, it was low and unintelligable, but the tone and inflection was no doubt an insult. Lexus folded her arms over her chest and sat on the dge of a small desk that sat in the corner "Forgive me if I don't follow you, I'm not much on interrogation tactics" Fisk paced about before going on "Interrogation no no no, you see, your average clan citizen views us as monsters, when in fact we..the sentinels..only look out for their best interests. what I need Colonel is a clan member who has a more direct tie to the people, a sentinel enforcer, who..isn't a sentinel, you could readily gather more information than we can"

Lexus always wanted to be considered a sentinel, her heart nearly lept from her chest. She had always believed that the sentinels were the clans ultimate salvation from the omni/neutral threat. Fisk went on "We carefully looked at your service record and were impressed with what we saw, we need your ferocity to drive our cause....but..." Fisk picked up and oddlooking pistol, it's chamber glew with a blue light..lexus peered at it, it was unmistakably radiating with a notum discharge, a Perma-Kill weapon. Fisk handed it to her and spoke, his voice low and serious "Do you accept?..are you willing to do what it takes to ensure the future of the clans?" Lexus stared at the man, wondering if Fiskw as implying what she was thinking. As she was about to ask if this man knew anything. Fisk interrupted "He's a pawn, a martyr, they wanted us to capture him, it's obvious he knows nothing, it was a waste to keep him alive, I realize this now...it will be your task to find out who is behind the hiring of those mercenaries...i again ask, do you accept?"

Lexus grinned, her thirst for blood raging deep as she gripped the pistol "For the clans......" She muttered in an icy tone as she pulled the trigger and a loud boom echoed through the room. The beam tore into the chest of the neutral, for a moment lighting his eyes with a blue light as he gasped for his final breath....Fisk nodded and left the room..muttering the same "for the clans"
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Early Evening
    January 31, 29477

A fixer, Radein, approched Jimmy who was monitering that MacGreggor place.

"Greetings, friend."

"Hello there"

"I am looking for a woman. Name is Amacia. Have you seen her?"

"That depends"

"On what?"

"If she has arrived on planet in the last three days"

Jimmy smiled

Radein narrowed his eyes in thought, followed by a smile0

"I see"

"Tell me, then - you wouldn't happen to know who
    is responsible for shooting all of the "doves" in the entertainment
    area, would you?"

Radein smirked

Jimmy grinned

"I might"

"Depends on who else is listening"

"Perhaps we should move into my apartment as to
    lessen the chance we are being listened to"

Radein nodded

Radein glanced around the apartment

"Its rather empty at the moment, aside from some
    spying equipment"

"Such squalor we are forced to live in..."

"Aye"

Radein growled under his breath

"You are an agent?"

"I like to think of myself as such, yes"

"For whom, might I ask? The hawks or the doves?"

"Most definitely the Hawks".

Radein smiled thinly.

"Good."

"Unlike the dovey bastard next door"

"There are so few of us around. I hope to change that."

"I chose this apartment to keep watch on a local
    dove that Ive done some research on. One Christopher MacGreggor"

"Ah yes...I have...heard of him. Those fools
    campaigning for peace and cooperation with Omni-Tek fail to realize the reality of Rubi-Ka."

"Aye, they do not understand that peace cannot come until the Omni menace has been completely removed"

"Removed?", Radein chuckled. "I tend to think of it as obliterated."

"It was a euphemism at best", Jimmy smiled.

"My name is James Thompson. Friends call me
    JimmyT"

"Radein. Very pleased indeed to meet a like mind.
    But tell me about your neighbour. He is currently doing business with an Omni-Tek "friend" of mine. Or at least his is currently Omni-Tek."

"Indeed? Well at the moment he is working with
    a... ah... Malcom something or other to draft a constitution for the clans that would bring "peace" to RubiKa"

Radein laughed

"Yes, they are one and the same - Malcom
    Alamexis Age, Rubi-Ka's resident traitor. Or, so I've led them to believe."

"The fool doesn't understand that the Sentinels
    are our government and that peace will not be achieved while OmniTek is around. Earlier today, the Sentinels paid him a visit. They searched his flat and removed all traitorous documents. he tried to oppose but they tied him up until they were done. I ahve fixed a camera outside so that I can view his comings and goings. I've intercepted a transmission that he sent this Mr. Age. It seems they will be meeting at Reets Retreat tonight"

"Very impressive, JimmyT...you do good work."

"Thank you, I try", Jimmy smiled.

"Shall we pay a visit to Reets? I've yet to visit the
    lands upon which the idiots sit on their fence" ,Radein smirked.

"Hah! Yes perhaps that would be a good idea. The
    cowards cannot pick a side but seem to have chosen OmniTek as of late."

"Well, this isn't much, but its a cover for your
    armour in case things get nasty", Jimmy said as he handed Radein a trenchcoat.

"I was meaning to stop and pick up more appropriate attire, but thank you. Shall we?"

"Lets", Jimmy smiled. "I would holster your weapon unless thigns get nasty"

"I suppose you are correct..."

Radein reluctantantly holstered his gun

"Dont worry, they will come out soon enough. And blazing"

Radein smirked.

Later, at Reets. Jimmy showed up late as he was buying another trenchcoat to properly hide his weapon. He walked into the Fireplace Room of Reets Retreat. Radein was speaking with another Hawk who goes by the handle "Ternicko"

Ternicko frowned

Radein chuckled and glanced over at Jimmy

Jimmyt smiled

((OOC: As there are three people, I will have name identification in front of the sentences so it is easier to understand who is talking. Above it was just alternating for the most part.))

Radein: Glad you could make it, JimmyT. Allow me to
    introduce you to Ternicko...

Jimmy: Hello

Radein: ...she is a "like mind".

Jimmy: Ah

Ternicko: Greetings

Jimmy: Welcome to the party and I don't mean the GSP
    sponsered one

Radein chuckled

Jimmy grinned

Ternicko: looks like coming here wasn't such a bad idea
    after all

Jimmy: I hear the dove traitor and the Omni scum are to
    meet here tonight

Radein: So I have been told, JimmyT. Pity I won't be
    around to further my objective.

Jimmy: Ah, I was hoping you would as I will not be able
    to either

Ternicko: traitor?

Jimmy: MacGreggor

Radein: And Age.

Jimmy: He is a dove and a traitor and Age is merely Omni scum

Radein smirked

Radein: Soon to be clan scum.

Jimmy: Hah yes, if all goes well

Ternicko: those names sound familiar

Jimmy: Perhaps you have read the gridfeed news?

Radein: Age is a quite respected lawyer...or at least he
    was, until my work began. MacGreggor is a clan associate of his. Goes by the name of Uwen.

Ternicko: Could be....I must admit I've been blind to the
    world around me for a long time...my research takes most of my
    attention

Jimmy: Research? Interesting. Research into what?

Ternicko: I do research in offensive nanotechnology

Jimmy: Very interesting

Radein 's eyes grew wide

Radein: Really? Are you familiar with life-force scrambling
    technologies, by chance? Highly illegal, naturally. But quite profitable for those who can provide it.

Jimmy: Yes, highly illegal and highly overpriced

Ternicko: No I was involved in research regarding ways to
    work around the suppresion gas

Radein clenched his jaw in disappointment, glanced back
    towards the fireplace

Radein: Pity.

Ternicko: I might have

Radein: Might have what, Ternicko?

Ternicko: they did things to me....made me forget

Radein pursed his lips in faint remorse

Radein: I can understand that the pain "they" caused you
    is that which you will bear for eternity.....

Ternicko shudders

Radein: ...but perhaps we can help you change that.

Jimmy: Yes, they have caused many of us pain

Jimmy: Well inferior OmniReform mind scrambling is not
    hard to deprogamme

Ternicko: It isn't?

Radein smiles thinly

Jimmy: No, its not. All you need are the right implants and
    the right conditions. Its not easy on the body but the process is
    easy

Ternicko frowned

Ternicko: The flesh is weak

Jimmy: Too true

Radein: And for a body so vulnerable to the effects of
    notum mining.

Radein stared at Ternicko

Ternicko: I am willing to do it, if you know someone who
    knows how

Ternicko: if I can turn what I learnt from them against them

Radein: First tell me, Ternicko, does your heart pound with
    rage at the sight of them? At the way they flaunt their wealth
    and false power? At their arogance?

Radein clenched his teeth in anger

Ternicko: All those things are too true...

Radein: Then all of those things are your allies.

Ternicko: False power, false frienships

Radein turned back to the fireplace

Radein: Ternicko, I will be frank with you. We aim to make
    them feel the pain that they have caused the clans. Silverstone is the beginning, and the foolish doves of peace still cry out to their enemies.

Jimmy: I know the process

Jimmy: It will require you executing some hostile
    programs on yoursel

Ternicko shivered

Jimmy: It can cause blindness, though the chances are 50/50

Radein: It is high time for the hawks to rise again and claim what is ours.

Ternicko nodded

Ternicko: life scrambling isn't for the ones who wants to
    sit and talk peace

Radein smirked

Radein: No....

Radein: ....it is for the sisters of those very people.

Radein chuckled coldly

The concept slowly dawned on Jimmy and a smile of recognition spread across his face when he realised what Radein meant.

Ternicko looked over her shoulder

Jimmy: I dont want to alarm you, but there is a fence
    sitter near us who could be overhearing the conversation

Ternicko nodded and frowned

Radein: Perhaps it is best if we meet again in the future to
    discuss more...specific, plans.

Jimmy: Yes, that is best

Radein: Lest we rattle the fool from his perch atop his fence.

Radein smirked

Jimmy laughed

Ternicko: yes, somewhere less public perhaps

Jimmy: My apartment is free of spying devices, aside from
    my own

Radein: Very well. Contact me tomorrow.

Jimmy: But, I really do need to go. Have an appointment
    with MacGreggor's apartment

Ternicko: Sounds good to me

Jimmy: Will do

Radein: Good day, my friends.

Ternicko: Nice meeting you

Jimmy: good day to both of you

Jimmy: Likewise

Jimmy headed off towards MacGreggor's apartment to carry out some Sentinel justice.

Very Early Morning
    February 1, 29477

Christopher stumbled home from late night partying at Reets with an always great DJ Lan Kozar. He was barely able to remember which whompas to go through, as he was smart enough not to use the grid in such a drunken state.

He arrived at his apartment to a scene of horror. The shot up possessions were hard on him, but when he saw the message in blood and the dead woman, he threw up and fell down. He gave in and passed out in a pool of stomach acid and halfway digested food and alcohol.

Early Morning
    1 Feb 29477

Cathern awoke with a start. Her head pounded from too much illicit booze. "God...if I keep this up I'll end up like my sister. At least I didn't end up in some stranger's apartment".

Cathern went to Reets the evening before. Tried to celebrate her friend Lexusstreak's permit to use some high powered soldier weapon. That ended...badly. Right of the bat Omni employees started causing trouble. Lexy was much more hardline when it came to Omni than Cathern currently was. Cathern sighed to herself, "There was a time Lexy when you hatred of Omni paled in comparisson to my hate of them."

Lexy didn't stay long, wouldn't even drink or dance becuase the Omni presence turned her stomach or so she said. How she could be so hateful to all Omni when her own mother was still Omni was beyond understanding.

Lexy was blinded to the fact that the most damage to Omni could be caused from the inside and not from picking at the hard outside shell. "Maybe one day she will understand...." Cathern hated the Corporation as much or more than many Clan members. She just channeled and controlled it to better effect the Corporations ruin. Mindless barbarity would get the Clans no where.

God...she needed coffee. Off to The Cup she went.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Feb 1st, 2003 at 15:51:22.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Templus was at her desk in Omni Pol HQ when a call came through her private line

Voice on the other line: Contract Complete I am awaiting payment

Templus let out a small smile and told the voice on the other line that she will be comming to a predetermined meeting area to give him his payment. She finished up some Operational paperwork on the Mr Age situtation and told her Assistant that she will be leaving and she does not want to be bothered for the next few hours.

As Templus was heading out the door she thougth to herself that it must be hard to be one of Fixerbens friends these day....all sorts of accidents happen when you a friend of a terrorist.
    -Making new friends since April 29475

-My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought...careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

18 hours later.....

Mid-Morning
    February 1, 29477

Randa slumped down into the seat of her yalm after spending yet another night on the couch in her office, she smiled at her avoiding the press yet another day.

Minutes before she was to give a statement to the mass of reporters, alarms suddenly sounded throughout the building as heavy security doors slammed shut over the main doors in all areas of the complex. Later, when she was inside a secure area in the building did she learn that someone had engaged the emergency lockdown for the entire building.

18 hours later, she was back out of the building, hovering over the city of Rome in her yalm, desperately trying to reach Malcom or Emiliy on her comm. After trying for 10 minutes, she sighed and threw the device down on the floor, wondering why neither of the two was answering her calls.

Realizing that there was nothing else to do hovering above the city, Randa headed for the grid terminal, deciding to sit in the grid and contemplate what was happening in this very confusing situation that she was in.
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Early morning
    February 1, 29477

Flipping through the pages of his latest work brought a smile to his face, even though his concience nagged at his exhausted mind. Three weeks of persistent overtime; virtually abandoning the Body of Laws and Courts projects; neglecting his friends. It had taken longer to accumulate the information than it did to actually set it down on paper; locating a trader with the archaic knowledge of "book binding", once the foundation of the written word on old Earth, had sent him through virtually every hallway of Omni-Prime and Rubi-Ka. And yet it seemed the simplest, most enjoyable, and most important work he had every completed. And it was all for her.

Alamexis placed the book back into the small decorated package, tossing it back in his Yalm, and returned inside the make-shift hospital. It was pleasantly dark inside, save for two candles which danced and flickered, almost in harmony. They stood on the desk where he had put the finishing touches on the wrapping on the package, being ever so careful not to rouse his sister, who lay sound asleep on the bed in the corner.

"Daybreak..." Alamexis muttered aloud, as an amber trace of sunlight crept under the doorway. Taking a seat at the chair he had moved beside the bed, and gently took Emiliy's hand, closing his eyes. Not to sleep, mind you; given the past night's events, sleep fully escaped him.

It had started with the red message - infinitum. Alamexis sighed, recalling his rash series of actions: threatening the pilot, forcing him to land an interstellar transport in an unlicensed zone, placing all aboard in jeopardy. He had contacted Amacia immediately and arranged transport for her to this hidden dwelling, after running through the list of doctors on his contacts list. None of them could be trusted. He had debated taking her to West Athen, to Szentasha and the medical brilliance of Unity of the Rose. But as soon as Amacia had recounted the story of The Cup, he realized that his only option was here.

After all, Alamexis trusted Amacia far more than anyone aside from his sister. They had grown up together and had only parted ways after she was stripped of internship with Omni-Med for a somewhat mistimed experiment. Nonetheless, Amacia was still a doctor, and had fully patched and healed Emiliy's concussion.

She had even fought, quite vehemently, to remain at Emiliy's side after Alamexis had returned only hours ago, but, her work done, Alamexis had insisted she return home. After much argument, Amacia had administered one last dosage of...a mild sleep aid? He thought that was what she said, to help Emiliy sleep off the trauma she suffered from the blow from the Omni-Pol rifle.

The thought of Rubi-Ka's corrupt police force infuriated him. Someone from among their ranks - Amacia had been knocked down as the officer fled and neglected to catch the name - had apparently confronted his sister while she stood innocently in The Cup, and Emiliy had turned her back on the officer to avoid an argument. Angrily, the officer had apparently lashed out - with the hilt of a rifle.

Malcom's anger had manifested itself throughout the evening at Reets Retreat. First, threatening a young Omni-Tek Atrox for harassing Uwen and Vixentrox, and subsequently turning on the officer who - Alamexis could admit, now that the rage in him had subsided - was only trying to keep the peace. He had glared at General Templus Pierce's assistant and had reacted angrily at Sezmra's questioning of him, even though such questioning seemed more grounded in the concern of a friend than anything else.

And then there was Radein. It had been some time since Alamexis had talked with his old friend, and yet as they sat at the outdoor cafe in Newland, he realized that little had changed since Radein was kicked out of the Interstellar Bar Association for money laundering. He was still fanactical, still somewhat imbalanced, and still embued with the militant ideals bestowed upon him by Professor Kolin, a noted Rubi-Kan historian and secretive off-world clan recruiter.

"How can you tolerate this insolence, Malcom? It is not in your nature - not in the nature of one so caring of his sister. They have betrayed you from the outset, first with the 'Laws', then your little courts project, and now with your family." Alamexis replayed Radein's words in his mind.

"What is there for you, with them? Emiliy has seen the light and warmth that lies north of the fence, among the winds and the sands, and you call her factionally blind. And yet, because of this, she has been condemned to pain. Can you honestly, conscionably, put her through that again?" Alamexis had done everything in his power to restrain his tears, all to no avail.

"There is no hope for the monstrosities that lurk in the streets of Omni-1 and Rome. They willingly and blindly follow what they believe to be the "law", completely oblivious to the pain, the hurt, the death and torment they cause over half the planet's population. If anyone can attest to that, it is you, Malcom. And if anyone can help put a stop to their madness..."

"No."
    Alamexis had interjected almost instinctually. "This "law" that you seem to mock is no tool of the demons. It is a foundation; the way to end all of this...this...war, for all ages. I may not agree with the actions of Omni-Tek, but nonetheless, all the better. One thing I have realized, which I believe Nelida pointed out many months ago, it that is a much more simplistic task to achieve change - to achieve peace - from the inside."

"And much more dangerous, for you and Emiliy, as recent events have aptly demonstrated. There are no doves in Omni-Tek's employ, and those who claim to be choke on their olive branches as they march ever north, scorching the lands of Rubi-Ka."

He could not help but to agree with Radein. So long as he and Emiliy remained employed by Omni-Tek, they would always be in danger from those for who profited from war; from the death of the clans and the subjection of the neutrals. Alamexis opened his eyes and looked around the shack. One of the two candles had been extinguished by the breeze that crept through the spaces between the planks of wood of the ill-constructed shack. Turning to Emiliy, he saw that she had shifted slightly; she now faced him, as if watching him through her closed eyes.

Alamexis released his grip on Emiliy's hand, and rubbed his eyes. His thoughts drifted again - to Randa. She had asked to meet him in Rome, after midnight, and although he had waited for fully an hour, she never showed. Her comm signal dormant. Or perhaps ignoring met.... Lesentia had been another victim of his "project"; constantly devoting countless effort in attempts to meet with him, only to have Alamexis bow out and cancel. Even though the tabloid controversy had passed, at least somewhat, in the hour he had waited - hoped - for her to arrive in Rome, Malcom could not help but wonder if the damage done was irreparable. And yet he had steeled with resolve, determined to---

Alamexis felt a hand reach out and grasp his, albeit weakly, and his heart lept. His head jerked to the side, and for the first time in what seemed an eternity, he was looking into the smiling eyes of his sister.

"What are yoooooooooouuu lookin' at?" She asked him, playfully but weakly, and tears errupted from the pores in his eyes. She tightened her grip on his hand. "Hiya Malcom!"

"Emmi..." Alamexis chuckled, beaming with a smile.

"Don't...call...me..." she reached forward with her other hand, gently tapping Alamexis' nose with her index finger. "...just this once." she conceded, giggling softly. Emiliy slowly propped herself up, staring curiously around the shack. "Ummmmm...did ya get fired or somethin?"

Alamexis laughed, for the first time in a long while, and began explaining the story.

Mid Morning
    February 1, 29477

Christopher woke with a start. He had a pounding headache and a swollen, dry tongue. He didn't want to look around his flat, but he had to. He prayed it was only a bad nightmare and slowly stood up. He took the entire scene in again, this time with a clearer mind, though not too clear considering the hangover. He couldn't decide who would do such a thing. Whether it was extremist Omni employees or extremist Sentinel supporting clanners. He sighed and went to the washroom. He looked in the mirror and noticed that he did not look too pleasing to the eye. There was a bruise on his forehead from falling and passing out the previous night. His eyes were slightly swollen from the consumption of too much illegally intoxicating alcohol. He was covered in... well... he was covered in an unpleasant assort of partially digested foods and liquids. It was then he noticed his hand was bleeding, or rather had been bleeding. The bottle of scotch he was carrying home had shattered with the fall to the ground and the hand that had carried the bottle landed in the glass. He opened up a comm channel:

"Alamexis, something terribles happened at my flat. I know West Athen isn't exactly the safest place in the world anymore, so don't come to see it. I'm going to call Vix next. I hope everything's okay with your sister."

He opened up another channel when there was a knock at the door. He pulled out his pistols once more and slowly approached the door:

"Who is it?"

"The Voice of Freedom. We got an anonymous message saying there was a murder here."

"Well you're mistaken, you can go now."

"Sir, the informant left us camera footage of the resident here coming home last night. Can we assume that resident is you sir?"

Chris stopped breathing. His eyes slowly scanned the flat looking for the camera. He whispered, almost inaudibly:

"They've been watching me..."

"Sir? Are you the resident?"

"Well what the hell do you think? Of course I'm the resident."

"So can we come in sir?"

Opened up the comm to Alamexis again. He whispered into the comm:

"Someone installed a camera in my flat. They've been watching me."

"Sir?"
    Last edited by Uwen; Feb 1st, 2003 at 19:57:04.

"Yes, come in then."

Christopher opened the door and let the reporters in. A few of the faint-of-heart couldn't take the sight and gagged.

"I will be right back, need a quick clean up. Report what you see and I'll be back for an interview."

Christopher ran out of his flat, into the Entertainment Park and jumped into the the clean pond there. The cool, crisp water felt good on his tired, aching body and it washed away the blood and stomach content. After spending a relaxing couple of minutes in the pond, he decided it was time to dry off and face the reporters. He walked back to his flat and into the washroom. He locked the door and stripped. He commanded the washroom to dry him. Nanobots flew out of their containers and removed all the moisture. He ordered the nanobots to clean up any remaining mess that the pond hadn't gotten. Finally, he ordered the nanobots to destroy his clothes and heal his hand. Done with their duties, the nanobots flew back to their containers. He got out a new outfit from his backpack, dressed himself, and went to face the reporters.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast