Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Of Hawks and Doves

Post Of Hawks and Doves ((CLOSED))

((This is a new "Massive RP Story" that will start running today, and I hope to involve as many people as possible. Don't know how long it will last, but I encourage everyone to post their stories of what's happening in here. ))

((EDIT: Note that the prologue is just a teaser of the way this all ends...not the beginning.))

((EDIT #2: Note that the date has been (finally) added to the prologue...))

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS STORY IS OVER. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED AND CONTRIBUTED.
    Last edited by Ammicus; Feb 23rd, 2003 at 19:17:49.

Prologue

Newland City
    February 3, 29477

Just as the grid terminal had completed the reconstruction of its latest transport, the package erupted into a storm of hostile nanobots, shattering the late-night tranquility of Newland. The explosion was contained and focused, targeting only the package’s owner and sparing the horrified onlookers nearby, who either scurried for cover beneath the darkened foliage or scrambled to enter the grid.

It was not the explosion itself that so terrified those in the vicinity of the blast; it was the sound that followed. The most terrifying sound any citizen could possibly hear on Rubi-Ka – the sound of death. Permanent death.

The harmonic wave pulsated slowly, in perfect synchronization with the faint glow which surrounded and emanated from its victim. This faint green shield was terror incarnate; its sole lethal purpose was to surround a person’s body and efficiently and permanently scramble and dissipate that person’s life force, rendering any chance of reclaim a faint memory.

From atop a nearby hill, the assassin smiled thinly with pleasure. It was done. It had cost the equivalent of a year’s worth of notum to acquire the components for the nano-formula, but the sight laid out below was worth every credit nonetheless. The assassin had crafted the package with the care of a master surgeon, being ever-mindful of who the victim was, and ever so careful to ensure that the victim would never again look upon the planet of Rubi-Ka, or any other, for that matter.
    Last edited by Ammicus; Feb 3rd, 2003 at 15:34:56.

The Omni-Herald
    January 30, 29477

The Omni-Herald has obtained a shocking picture, taken last night, of Omni-Tek lawyer Malcom Alamexis Age being very friendly with a mysterious female clan member by the name of Aleen Amacia Delamora. With all of the little love-triangles erupting across the planet, this doesn’t seem like too big of a shocker. BUT this one is a bit different…

First, it’s a poorly-kept secret that Mr. Age is “involved” with Randa Lesentia Forejt of OTSEC-member-organization Special Interception Troops. Sources close to the two have said that Mr. Age “has been givin her tha cold-shoulder lately”. When asked why, our sources refused further comment.

Mr. Age seems also to be testing the patience of his employers. He has always been seen as deeply moderate and pacifist in his views, but recently his words have tended a bit away from the middle. For instance, he’s currently helping out with the Rubi-Ka Mining Cooperative, an attempt at peace within the anarchy of the Notum Wars, and which is being spearheaded by clanners and neutrals (he seems to be the only active Omni-Tek representative). Also, and much to the ire of Omni-Tek, Alamexis has begun assisting Christopher Uwen MacGreggor of clan Whisper’s Edge in drafting a constitution for a “free Rubi-Ka”, which sources say contains provisions for a parliamentary government of the people.

Mr. Age’s last published article, “Absent Families”, drew widespread criticism and condemnation from his colleagues within Omni-Tek for stating his opinion that “the administration of OTRK and Omni-Tek no longer care for its employees”. He has also been vocal in stating his concern over the recent controversies sweeping through Omni-Pol and The Agency.

Also, Alamexis’ younger sister, Emiliy Age, has frequently been seen in The Cup or on the street in front of the grid terminal in West Athen, and has repeatedly tried to gain entry to West Athen backyard 4, only to be chased out by the resident clan Guide. What is perhaps most shocking about this is that the Omni-Herald obtained a witness account, from a source who wishes to remain anonymous, that Emiliy was seen clearing a shop in Omni-1 Trade of its inventory of Omni-Med Suits. When our source confronted her about this bizarre activity, Emiliy responded only with “I’m takin these to tha nice people”, before running out of the shop and towards the grid terminal. She was last seen exiting the grid into West Athen, but our informant did not pursue her beyond the grid.

These reports raise many questions. Is one of Omni-Tek’s most recognized lawyers being tempted to the clans, and taking his sister with him? Or are they both insurgent spies, secretly selling corporate secrets and supplies to clans?

Neither Malcom Alamexis Age nor Aleen Amacia Dellamora could be located for comment. Attempts to question Emiliy Age in Omni-1 Entertainment backyard 1 failed, as she became overly nervous by the mob of reporters and fled inside her apartment, locking the door.

Chris was sitting at his desk in his West Athens flat, listening to GSP on his sound system and reading various papers.

"So the propagandists at the Herald caught wind of our plans. Ah well, at least its publicity. Shame it has to come out in OmniTek news before ours. Especially when they make a Parliamentary government seem like a bad thing."

The Voice of Freedom hadn't gotten anyone on the story yet. Neither had the Independent RubiKan News, but he couldn't blame either of them. The story had just become public after all.

He put down the paper and looked over his first draft of the "constitution".

"Whoops, seems like I forgot a few things. Have to revise this and send another copy to Malcom."

He finished revising it and sent it to the OmniTek lawyer via gridmail.

"Now I just need Ben's gridmail address. I'll have to leave him a message on his commlink. Ah well, enough of this for now. Think I'll go for a walk, see the new arrivals."

He got up from his desk and walked to the Entertainment Park to relax.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Cathern sat in her apartment going over some of latest diplomatic offers made by various Clans and Neutral organizations when her step-sister, Shawnta, invited herself in.

"What now Shawnta? Don't you have enough to do without coming and bothering me at home?" The relationship between the two had been strained for a long time.

"I suppose you heard?", Shawnta said. "Heard what? I'm busy. I have two Clans interested in forming an alliance, Healing Hands interested in establishing closer ties and I am trying to sort through the mess that Newland is to become."

Shawnta showed Cathern the latest Omni-Herald story. "Looks like Whisper's Edge is in the news again." Cathern scanned the story.

"I have seen Emiliy Age hanging around. She seemed to be on good terms with that Omni-Pol General Peirce. She was sure kissing up to her. Wonder how that fits in?"

"I don't know but if there is the chance of them defecting...." Shawnta's voice faded off.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention Shawnta. I will take it from here. Go out and party or get drunk...or what ever it is you do with your free time.", Cathern said. Cathern watched as her step-sister left her in peace again.

Cathern sat in her chair with a slight smile then opened up a comm channel. "Maephina please alert our folks to keep an eye out for Ms. Emiliy Age. Yes...that's right...you know what to do? Good"
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

((From the perspective of James "JimmyT" Thompson))

Jimmy looked up at the glowing moon in the dead of night. It was a beautiful sight, especially from the unpolluted sky from the area surrounding Athen. He was taking a tour of the land where the rebels had fought the OmniTek oppressors and taken Athen, formerly Omni-2. He wondered if his ancestors had seen the same sight when they were assaulting Athen. Maybe, on a calm night when the fighting had died down they could have seen the same beautiful moon. No, that was silly. His ancestors would have had their minds set on his goal- to free Athen from its oppressors.

His ancestors had been miners and as such were horribly mistreated. They were, as a consequence, part of the first rebellion. His family passed down stories of atrocities of which his ancestors were victims of. This was partly to keep the hatred of OmniTek alive and partly so the descendents can remember what they are fighting for.

Jimmy didn't need old stories of ancient evils. He had a much more recent one to keep his hatred fresh. When he was a little boy, living in the wilderness with his family, a squad of OmniPol troopers found his families encampment. They tied up his father and mother and big brother. Jimmy had been out gathering wood for the fire and heard yells at the camp. His father had told him if he ever heard yells at the camp, to run away to Tir or Athen and find his uncle. However, he was too curious to run away. He had crept back to see what was happening.

((Flashback time!))

"You traitor scum! What are you doing camped close to Newland? Newland is under OmniTek security!"

The trooper hit his mother.

"Don't you touch her you filthy swine!"

"What did you call me?"

"You heard me fascist pig! Don't touch her!"

A shot rang out and his father fell dead.

Next his mother:

"Hah, fools! You've just set him free! He will be reconstructed in Tir and will come back with more freedom fighters to free us!"

The trooper laughed.

"Ignorant clanner, have you never heard of perma-kill weapons? You think I would have set him free?"

"You bastard! Those are illegal!"

"Yeah? Who are you going to tell?"

Another shot and his mother was silenced.

"And that brings us to you, little boy."

For a horrible moment, Jimmy thought the troopers had discovered him.

"Eat dirt pig! Jimmy run!"

His brother had hacked into his bindings and pulled out his father's own perma-kill device. His brother shot the trooper that had shot their parents, as well as another trooper before being shot himself. Jimmy, horrified, ran. He ran as fast as he could, all the way to Newland and then snuck into Athen. He found his uncle and told him what had happened. His uncle comforted him and calmed him down.

His uncle raised him as best he could. His uncle had no family of his own, other than Jimmy and Jimmy had no family of his own, other than his uncle.

((/flashback))

He came out of the trip down memory lane crying. He immediately forced himself to stop and promised himself that that would be the last time he would ever cry. He picked up his rifle and headed back to the West Athen Entertainment Park for more training.
    Last edited by Uwen; Jan 30th, 2003 at 23:34:23.

Nelida wakes with a long lazy yawn in the cabin of her ship. She checks the auto-pilot and realizes, having overslept, she is nearing Rubika orbit-entry once again. She then notices the quietly pulsing icon that represents a subspace gridfeed reception.

Opening the file she sees a recent Omni-Herald article about Alamexis, punches up some strong coffee from her food dispenser and begins to read…

Puzzles to herself, “I wonder what Alamexis is up to that he would risk this kind of publicity…and involve his sister…”

Then exclaims out loud, still to herself, “That poor girl, must be half of Rubika out looking for her now; reporters, OmniPol and more than a few Clans.”

Nelida tabs open a secure comm channel to her wife Cyani but only finds an answering device, “Hi hun, read the Omni-Herald article today about Alamexis and his sister. Give me a call and let me know what you think. I’ll be on-planet shortly…bye Love.”

Tabs open a second comm channel to Alamexis, receives another answering device, swears silently and thinks better of leaving a message.

Searches data bases for Emiliy Age and opens a comm channel to yet again leave a message; “Hello Emiliy, my name is Nelida and I’m an acquaintance of your brother Alamexis. I understand you’re a very popular girl about now and if you should need a trustworthy contact feel free to call on me. You can check me out with your brother.”

Nelida sighs, closes out the grid feed page and prepares for orbit entry. She makes a mental note to quickly deliver her shipment of crat coffee machine parts and look into this development more.

Early morning
    January 30, 29477

Emiliy curled herself up against the soft plush arm of the large blue chair in the peaceful backyard outside of her apartment, letting the faint light of the early morning suns gently lull her awake. She closed her eyes, breathing deeply, her thoughts adrift among the remnants of last night's dreams.

Coffee from The Cup; in her dreams they actually served her. A Rompa Bar, without the "madams"; in her dreams she could sit on the bar all day - with her coffee from The Cup - and actually meet nice people who didn't expect her to dance half-naked on a table. Looking around and seeing Malcom, Radein, Amacia and Ashley; in her dreams everyone was together again, just like back in school.

Just dreams... She thought sadly, sighing heavily. Malcom was far too busy with his work to even bother to show her around; Radein didn't like Malcom too much anymore; Amacia finally moved to Rubi-Ka after all of Emiliy's pestering grid mails, which was good, but couldn't visit this part of Rubi-Ka because the guards didn't like her; and Ashley was dead.

As Emiliy concentrated within, they had appeared without. They had swooped in with uncanny silence and speed, catching her in her early morning daze.

"Emiliy Age, is true that you're illegally selling Omni-Tek supplies to the clans?!" One yelled, as Emiliy's heart lept in surprise within her chest.

"Is it true that your brother has been spying on Omni-Tek for the past five months?!" Interjected another, as Emiliy whirled around, white-knuckled grip on the chair's arm.

"What's the real story behind Alamexis cold-shouldering Lesentia lately?!" Yelled yet another, as Emiliy stood bolt-upright, eyes wide with fright at the hoarde of reporters pushing microphones and recorders ever closer towards her face.

"W-what?" she whimpered. "he has been givin her tha cold-shoulder lately?" Another cry muted by the chaos around her, which sounded more like a statement than a question.

She began to slowly stumble blindly back from the mob of media personnel, trying to put a more comfortable and less confrontational distance between herself and those that had encircled her like she was their prey. Two dull-brown cycloptic probes trained their cameras on her and dashed through the air towards her, forcing her to take a large defensive step backwards.

But her eyes and her mind were far too preoccupied in a panic, jumping from reporter to reporter, from question to question, and she neglected the presence of the coffee table behind her. The back of her right knee struck the corner, and she felt herself tumble backwards, the two probes following her the entire way down.

The back of her head landed on the cold, hard cement, sending shockwaves of pain flaring throughout her entire body. She let out a soft cry at the moment of impact, and slowly opened her eyes, hoping, wishing, to see someone outstretching a hand to help her up. No such compassion would be found within the hearts of her interrogators, however, and they simply persisted in their questioning; in their accusations; in their attacks.

With her mind finally realizing that she was among predators, the fight-or-flight response enveloped her muscles, and despite the dizziness swarming her mind and the pain throbing the back of her skull, she forced herself up and ran from the crowd with a rush of adrenalin, into the apartment she shared with her brother, and locked herself inside.

As relief began to settle over her nerves, the pounding began. Quietly and politely at first, only to build to the point that she feared those outside might break through the door. Two lone tears, one from each of her now-crystalized eyes, fell slowly down her cheeks as she sat cowering in fright in the corner of the hallway, resting her chin on her knees.

She wrapped her arms as tightly as her muscles would allow around her legs, whimpering only "why?" from lips that now trembled with fear and confusion.
    Last edited by Emiliy; Jan 31st, 2003 at 12:46:42.
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Evening; Omni-Prime

Alamexis clenched his fist tightly as the anger swelled inside of him. Yet again, the Omni-Herald had proved its ability to spin any story in the most effective manner that would boost its readership. It seemd that no matter what corporate colony on which one lived, the nature of the media never changed.

Glancing at the time readout on his datapad, he realized that there was little he could do. Issuing a statement would only fuel the fire and acknowledge that there might be some truth in what was printed on the grid.

He would deal with Randa if she even bothered questioning him about this foolish absurdity. Aleen would probably laugh and toss it aside as pointless Omni-Tek propaganda, and Omni-Pol wouldn't dare challenge him on this. But Emiliy...

Guilt intermixed with a slight sense of foreboding fell over him, as his thoughts drifted to his sister. Since her arrival almost a month ago, he had constantly put off her many requests to "show her tha world", as she often said. Since the death of Ashley, he had become overly protective of her, purchasing a transport ticket for her to Rubi-Ka and calling in a few favours to have her transferred from Omni-Trans on Omni-Prime.

Even though she tormented him endlessly (did she?), by working on her robotic machinations at all hours of the morning, by constantly harassing him to take her to this place or that place, and with her endless questioning about "tha difference between clanners and employees and neuts", he still relished having her smile and cheer around.

And now she was being accused of being a traitor to Omni-Tek. "Figures." Alamexis muttered aloud, chuckling at the thought of someone actually thinking Emiliy could conciously hurt anything.

But then there was Radein. Aleen had informed him of his arrival on Rubi-Ka the previous night. Along with wanting to be comforted that Ashley wasn't here too... Alamexis thought, glancing one last time at the picture of Aleen in his arms that seemed to have fueled the latest tabloid controversy.

"Bah..." he trailed off, tossing the datapad aside and returning to his work. Even though his mind tried to reassure him that nothing would come of this nonsense, a part of him knew that thought was simply a prayer.
    Last edited by Ammicus; Jan 31st, 2003 at 03:26:32.

Chris was watching the new arrivals run around shooting the endless supply of wildlife synthesized and introduced into the training ground at amazing speeds by the Athen City Council. He executed a few helpful nano's in the new arrivals NCUs, answered a couple questions, and gave out a little money. However, like all pleasant things, this too must come to an end.

Chris left the backyard and went back to work.

"I think its about time one of our gridnews did a story on this.""

He opened a commlink to the Voice of Freedom Offices.

"No one there. Figures. I'll have to leave a message:

To the Editors of the Voice of Freedom

Have you read the Omni Herald lately? I think its about time you all got started on a story of you own. Wouldn't want one sided propaganda would we?

That ought to get em started. Oops, is this thing still recording?"
    Last edited by Uwen; Jan 31st, 2003 at 03:51:30.

Rather than deal with the media frenzy that would inevitably be waiting for him, Alamexis decided to spend the night at a small trader station just outside of Rubi-Kan space. No one would recognize him; no one would bother him.

His worry for Emiliy had increased, having repeatedly tried her comm only to find it silent.

"Emiliy, when you happen to put your tools down and answer your comm, DO NOT - and I repeat do not - go to The Cup or Rompa...try and explore a new place for once, there's still a tremendous amount you've yet to discover. Oh, and do try and stay away from Tir." Knowing he was worrying far too much, Alamexis had elected to leave a message, and nodded slowly off in his cramped quarters for the evening.

Voice of Freedom
    January 31, 29477

A well-known OmniTek lawyer, Malcom Alamexis Age, has been implicated in an Omni Herald smear story. The government controlled Herald is obviously trying to make Mr. Age look bad because of his intelligent views on peace and on the Clans. Mr. Age is currently helping one Christopher Uwen MacGreggor draft a constitution of sorts that, we all hope, will be able to unite the clans like the Council of Truth, wherever they may be, never could.

It is because of this assistance in making sure the constitution is legalised and his help in giving Mr. MacGreggor contacts in Omni-Admin for OmniTek approval that the Herald has tried to blacken the reputations of Mr. Age and his sister, one Emiliy Age.

The Herald has tried to make Mr. Age out to be some sort of criminal or traitor to OmniTek. It is the editors opinion that OmniTek fascists are merely trying to stifle any assistance to the clans which could actually bring about some form of lawful government, unlike Simon Silverstone and his Sentinels.

Once we have more details, as opposed to more lies and insults like the Herald, we will let you know more.

Neither Mr. Age nor Mr. MacGreggor could be reached for immediate comment, though the Voice will let you know when we have a statement.
    Last edited by Uwen; Jan 31st, 2003 at 05:53:47.

dust rolled through Newland City as a few gathered at the Bronto Burger to eat a quick bite before hitting some missions

Viray sat eating a grease double cheese when his gridfeed alert went off on his comm. "Wow... Alamexis a Clan sympathizer?"

"Mmmm even dragged his sister into it... poor dear." sipping on his soda. An alert popped on screen.

"Strange no forwarding alias or ID." as he scanned the document his eyes widened. Food scattered about as he leap from the table an headed to his superiors.

**Broadcast Message System**
    The winds of change come, they will remove those that stand in the way, those that resist shall be ground to dust...

I return to those I left long ago.
    ** END TRANSMISSION**
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Dabblez sits outside in a Newland cafe, reading the papers off her datapad while waiting for breakfast.

"Here you are, coffee and croissant, Dabblez. " says the proprietor, Arnauld. "Sorry about the delay, we are a little short staffed today."

"Why's that, Arnauld?" Dabz asks casually.

"Ah, you know, some of the waiters come from clan families. They got a little spooked by the current events."

"Oh, that. Yes. Nasty business."

Arnauld as he wanders off to take attend to another customer.

Skimming through the Omni-Herald, Dabz notices the article on Malcom Age. "Hey, I know this guy!" she explains, and with a sense of guilty pleasure proceeds to read the juicy details about his private life.

(( edited for some, erm, chronological discrepancies ))
    Last edited by Savoy; Jan 31st, 2003 at 15:23:40.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Late at night
    January 30, 29477

Emiliy groaned as she her mind finally awoke and her eyes slowly opened. Squinting, she could barely discern the entry door of the apartment across from where she sat, and her eyes throbbed at the pain of the dim lighting.

"W-what happened..." Whispered as, she glanced slowly around the room, moving her head from side to side and trying to avoid the dull throbbing at the back of her head. The room spun ever so slightly as she shifted her gaze, and her head felt as if it was atop a mound of jelly. "Huh?'

As she turned completely to her right, she noticed that her robotic pet, Grrrrrrr, had somehow activated himself at some point while she was sleeping and now stood at her side. Sleeping? She asked herself, trying to reconstruct pieces of memories within the thick fog that was now her mind.

She remembered...banging...pounding... at her door? Yeah...but who? As Emiliy closed her eyes, a vision of her falling and smashing the back of her head against the ground flashed in her mind's eye. Tha reporters...but...why? She could still hear their calls for answers from her, as the sound of ghosts whispering in her ears.

Then, the pain. It had calmed somewhat, or at least she thought that it had. She vaguely remembered rising and taking flight from the mob of questions and into the apartment...and then tha banging...

With weakened muscles, she grasped the arm of her pet and pulled herself up from the floor. Her grip quickly tightened, however, as a sudden rush od blood to her head blackened her vision and threatened to collapse her wobbling legs. Steadying herself, she pressed one of her palms to her forehead, trying to hold her head aloft.

Across the hall, on the sidetable adjacent the doorway, lay her comm, flashing wildly. Malcom always left it there for her, just so she wouldn't forget it. She often wondered how her brother managed to get it off her wrist even while she was sleeping, just so that he could leave it there.

Emiliy moved slowly forward, and as she lifted her comm from the table she struggled to discern the characters and images on the screen as they danced in circles in front of her. She blinked, repeatedly shutting her eyes tightly and reopening them in an attempt to bring it all into focus, but all to no avail. Defiantly, she tossed her comm in her pocket and reached for her white cloak and hood, slipping them on and then stumbling out the door.

The air outside was invigorating, almost clarifying, and she felt a rush of calm fall over her. Emiliy stared out into the backyard, slightly puzzled. She expected people to be here, for some reason...lotsa people...and bots... All that lay before her was a cold, dark, emptiness.

As the back of her head throbbed again, she reached around and cupped the back of her skull gently. She let out a sigh of slight pain as she pressed with increasing strength, quite thankful that the fabric of her hood cushioned the pressure somewhat. She knew that she should get medical attention...but she could still walk. But where to?

Her thoughts struggled to focus on General Templus, who had always protected her; but fear overcame her as the image of the officer flashed before her. She thought of Omni-Med, for some bizarre reason. And then she thought of West Athen.

Without trying to focus on any further thought, Emiliy jogged to the Omni-1 grid terminal, completely oblivious to those around her. She faintly recalled bumping into the edge of the Whompha, but didn't realize that it had actually happened. She could hear voices, but they were merely incoherent murmurs that were muted by the throbbing at the back of her head. She could faintly discern the sounds of Grrrrrrr's metalic footsteps behind her, but failed to realize that her robot was following her into she materialized in front of the West Athen grid terminal virtually on top of it.

Emiliy felt increasingly woozy with each struggled step to the door of The Cup. As her and her pet walked in, the Atrox behind the bar glanced at her with a mix of curiosity and...concern? The bartender watched her stumble towards a table off to the left, and collapse to the ground.
    Emiliy Age

Early Morning
    January 31, 29477

Christopher turned around.

"Where am I? Newland? Whats happening?!"

BOOM!!

"What was that?!"

A voice whispers:

Death.....

Darkness... but then.... green. Green? Green and... green and white?

Christopher snapped erect. He had fallen asleep at his desk.

"Well, that was weird. Shouldn't work so late."

Christopher yawns.

"Ah, green and white! A green lamp and a fridge! Mmm a fridge. Well I am a bit hungry."

Christopher goes to open the fridge.

"Bah! Empty, I guess I'll just have to go to Bronto Burger then. Think a nip of scotch will help calm these nerves before I go."

At the knock at the door, Christopher whips out his pistols at the door, dropping his scotch glass.

"Hehe, a little jumpy. Calm down and answer the door."

Chris walks to the door and finds a man in a suit with a Sentinels logo. Beside him are two atrox Sentinels fully armed and armoured.

"Is there anyone in your apartment besides yourself sir?"

"No and theres not going to be anytime soon."

"Sir, don't get angry. Theres been a couple murders in this backyard. A couple new arrivals were shot coming out of the Entertainment park. Unfortunately, they had just arrived and hadn't thought of saving yet."

"A pity. I hope you find the criminals, good day."

"Sir, we're going to need to search your apartment."

"No, I won't have thugs going through my things."

"Sir, you don't have a choice."

"This isn't even your jurisdiction, this is West Athen."

"Sir, step aside now."

"No, now leave."

"Ok sir, I'm sorry to have to do this to you. Bruno, Arthur, restrain the gentlemen."

The two atrox grabbed Chris and bound his hands and feet.

"You will be released when we have completed our search."

Twenty Minutes Later....

"Ok boys, let him go. Mr. MacGreggor, I have not found any murderers, but I might have found a criminal. The Clans do not need a constitution, they have the Sentinels. We are the government. Cease your dealings with OmniTek immediately and stop this treasonous constitution stupidity."

"Get out of my flat or I will shoot you dead."

"Sir, next time you should be more accomedating and perhaps things will go better."

"Theres not going to be a next time."

"Tell yourself whatever you want sir. And I warned you, stop this constitution nonsense."

Christopher shut the door.

Chris sighed.

"I need a door camera."
    Last edited by Uwen; Jan 31st, 2003 at 16:37:36.

At the instant Emiliy's conciousness had failed her, a dormant programming routine known only to one person and hidden deep within Grrrrrrr's NCU flared awake.

Grrrrrrr moved with awkward speed, but reached gently downwards, first rolling her onto her back and then scooping one hand beneath her legs and the other at the base of her skull, being ever-so-careful not to aggrevate Emiliy's injury. The bot paid little heed to the smudge of blood left on the floor where Emiliy's head once lay.

With her cradled in its delicate grasp, the bot quickly proceeded outside and activated the grid terminal.
    Emiliy Age

Mid-morning
    January 31, 29477

"Aleen! Oh how I do love seeing you in the light of Tir suns." Russel "Radein" Vallone bellowed loudly, turning from the waters of the Tir river to greet his assistant.

"And how I do love that your attempts at charm consistently fail." Amacia smirked, staring triumphantly at Radein.

"Must you always ruin my moments?" Radein seized up at the end of his sentence, not wishing to indulge her foolish mockery further. "Tell me, how is our little dove? I must say that little media frenzy you engineered was absolutely brilliant."

"He did not return to Rubi-Ka last night." Amacia stared with her characteristic cold gaze at Radein, anticipating his anger.

"Hmph. Why must he always be such a coward?" Radein threw his arms into the air as if in defeat. "Now he no longer hides just from the glories of war, but from the media, of all things." Radein sighed.

"What shall we do next? I doubt he would so willingly cross over----" Radein raised his hand, gesturing silence from Amacia.

"We will have to take more..." he paused, searching for th word and staring out over the expanse of Tir. "drastic steps to compel him here."

"And I assume you have already prepared the manifesto in this regard?" Amacia smirked, again mocking him.

"Oh yes, Aleen. And although it may be initially painful for him, the ends do justify the means in this case." Radein took a deep breath of the humid morning air, extending both arms outward to his sides, gesturing towards the city of Tir.

"It is time to restore the glory of the clans!"

Mid-Morning
    31 Jan 29477

Cathern busied herself soliciting inputs from her officers on the direction of the guild. With any luck the officers would check the grid-site and respond in a timely fashion. Taking a break from the administration work, Cathern pulled up the latest news.

"Hmmm...Voice of Freedom back in business? Maybe my sister hasn't lost her usefulness after all.", she thought out loud.

Cathern read the news then frowned. "Lovely, just what those two needed was the Clan papers trumpeting up the story. That's sure to draw more attention to them.", she thought. She then reconsidered, "Maybe that could work to our advantage though."

Cathern opened a comm link to General Charissa "Maephina" Vein. "Mae, be careful how you approach Ms. Age. She undoubtly is being watched. No need to spook your quarry. Yes...that will do fine. Thank you Mae." Cathern closed the comm link and went back to her mounds of paper work.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Noon
    January 31st 29477

Ternicko is staring at the red numbers of her bank accounts, shaking her head slowly
    "Damnit out of cash again, research was so much easier when someone else was paying for it"

She's use to work for OT Hypercorporation researching offensive nanotechnology, OT had been very generous with their backing, but she'd been frozen out by her former best frined.
    Problems functioning as a member in the research unit said the paper she got when they reassigned her to another research unit.
    They where right, but that wasn't the reason,, she was a brilliant scientist and one of the reason her former unit was regarded as one of the most productive in the field of offensive nanotechnology.

No the reasons was personal, she'd made a few breaktrhough discoveries and central management was starting to notice her work.
    That had to be the reason, her former best friend and boss simply was scared of competition and got rid of it.
    She remembered the verbal fight that went down when she appealed her case, she remember the first time she wanted to use some of the nanoformulas she'd spent years researching and not being able to because of the supprsion gas.
    The appeal hearing had ended with Ternicko activating her clan application form.
    She'd been arrested and held for about a week with long interrogations by OP officers and those creepy folks from OT Reform.
    She remembered words of hatred being shouted after her when she got escorted to ICC, people she once thought to be friends was yelling "Begone clan bitch" and things even worse as she stepped into the whompa labeled Tir.

That was about two months ago, she'd been keeping to herself since then.
    Doing a few small jobs from a fixer she'd met at The Cup to fund a small research lab she'd set up in an abondended building in Athen Shire.

She hit the redial button, it was the only number she'd used since becoming a member of the clans.

"Hello" the friendly voice on the other side said.

"I need a new job, possibly with a bigger payout this time"

"I'll see what I can do, meet me at The Cup in two hours"

Ternicko smiled to herself as she went back to her research.

"Maybe life among the clans isn't too bad afterall, atleast here I am in charge of my own life"
    Never forget

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast