Thread: Wompas and grids

Wompas and grids

Hi,

Question about the Wompas....

From AO Basher's Wompas map (http://www.ao-basher.com/database.php?action=mapwhompa) it looks like there is a way to wompa through from clan cities to omni cities.

But I've been looking all over for the Trade Routes, and the route from Athens to the Broken Shores, but can't find them. Is this map wrong or am I stupid? Everyone I speak to says that the grid is the only way to do it.

Also, I'm curious - in the grid there are up arrows that look like they might propel me up towards the giant fan if I had enough comp lit. Is this something I would want to do, and is it worth getting the comp lit to do it?

Thanks,

RR
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

There are 2 Whompas in Broken Shores, one from Old Athen and the other from Omni 1 (don't play Omni, forgot from where, I think from Omni Ent). Unfortunately they are not in the same area, so you have to travel over land to the other whompa, which is impossible for low level players due to the level 100ish mobs in Broken Shores.

In old athens there is one solo Whompah near SSW corner of map (if you come to Old athens from Weast athens then just take road and go South until you hit city wall then follow that wall east and keep an eye on sky, because you might se that bit spike antena which all whompah have. If you get to Old athens thru trio whompah then just run south until you hit wall and go a bit west)

That whompah will lead you to Clan outpost in BS (Broken Shores) that outpost are 100% gas. From there you need to find your way to OT outpost which have whompah to OT trade. Just look out for vultures, sandworms and 25% gas areas.

However if you take Grid to BS then you will end in town HOME 100% gas Clan/Neut controlled and home for all lv100chars who do xp mission team hunts.

Those arrows which point up/down will only move you betwin grid livels.

PS: When you in grid take look att its celling you will se a deformated map of Rubi-Ka and some spikes on it. Each such spike are representing a Grid/Whompah point on Rubi-Ka.
    I asked GM about it because there is more spikes that todays grid/whompahs. And he said that those points are not in game yet
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

You ask if it's worth to raise cmp.lit?
    Yeah, how else are you gonna get those new NCU crystals and belts installed? AND use the grid, it gets you from A to B in a sec.

Not sure though of the whompas. They are anyway not co-located in Broken Shores.

Thanks, that explains my confusion. I hadn't found the other wompa in Athens.

Sounds like a bad route to be trecking for a lvl21 soldier. I'm guessing that by 25% gas areas you mean areas in which enemy players can kick your head in, which might not be so much fun. There again, I might stock up on speed boosts and check it out anyway.

Of course, ncu belts - the real reason to get comp lit higher. Just as a soldier I've got so many ranged weapon scores to raise I'm trying to minimise raising anything that is slightly unnecessary.

Thanks all again.

RR
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."