Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals declare war on Clans - for what reason?

Originally posted by Marlamin
    Clans will make a bad move as normally, When they will get killed in NLC by Loren and his friends they will take it out on Neutral towers, Wich then will lead to Neutrals allying thimself with OT, Wich then will lead to the destruction of several Clan towers.. You clanners never learn do you?
    The vast majority of neutrals will do no such thing. They are neutral. Neutral. Neutral to the conflict. As in they are not partial to either side. They have a problem with us now, but that doesn't mean they will side with OmniTek. In fact, it has been said by clanners that this is like siding with Omni, but the neutrals have been insistant that this is just Neutral vs Clanner until we can resolve it and that neutrals willnever ally themselves with OmniTek. They won't be allying with the clans either. They haven't told me that, but it makes sense. They are neutral. They wouldn't be allying with anyone but other neutrals. You Omni's are getting more and more pompous thinking that neutrals want your alliance or protection.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Marlamin
    Clans will make a bad move as normally, When they will get killed in NLC by Loren and his friends they will take it out on Neutral towers, Wich then will lead to Neutrals allying thimself with OT, Wich then will lead to the destruction of several Clan towers.. You clanners never learn do you?
    Geez Marlamin I thought we got rid of you...It is not the Clanners that made the mistake this time. It is the Neutrals. They hired mercenaries to kill Clanners. We didnt start it. So its not our mistake, it is theirs.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Sorry I didnt say that last post Correctly. I blanketed Neutrals. Certain unscruplous Neutral guilds have hired the Mercenaries. They are the ones that made the mistake. If I get attacked, whoever attacked me will die. Be in a Guard, or a Civilian.

Its always hard to get rid of a vermin infestation Ben.

/me waits for a retort from Marlamin involving a comparison of clanners to vermin infestation.

/me hopes Marlamin won't let him down
    Last edited by Uwen; Jan 28th, 2003 at 21:11:46.

Originally posted by Viray
    ((Thats just it, those floating name tag and badges of Org. membership aren't somethin you should use in a RP manner.

For RP purpose those very things should be treated like they don't exsist. Sure you should be able to tell the factions apart, and there could be a dozen RP ways to determine those lines, however unless we start to get Org. uniforms with Name tags then RP wise those floating tags should have no purpose.))

This nice document, comes fully filled in, and only needs your acceptance by using it, to change your side to the Omni-Tek corporation. NOTE! You will be attacked by the rebel scum at once, as they have detectors of your alignment. Use it before entering Omni-Tek cities.... If you wonder why this is sold in an OT area, it is because both sides agree they don't want moles. Take your stand in the struggle and stay with it... BEWARE: Changing sides will disable your ability to EVER become Neutral! Using this card disables side change for 1 full week of playing hours! It will also spawn a side-specific Award System. Also note: IF YOU CHANGE SIDE YOUR CURRENT TOKEN RECORD WILL BE DELETED!

A 100% automated document which will make you a fully accepted member of the Clan struggle for independence . NOTE! You will be attacked by the Omni-Tek oppressors at once, as they have detectors of your alignment. Use it before entering Clan cities.... If you wonder why this is sold on both sides, it is because both sides agree they don't want moles. Take your stand in the struggle and stay with it... BEWARE: Changing sides will disable your ability to EVER become Neutral! Using this card disables side change for 1 full WEEK in play hours! It will also spawn a side-specific Merit System. Also note: IF YOU CHANGE SIDE YOUR CURRENT TOKEN RECORD WILL BE DELETED!

Now explain to my why for "RP purpose those very things should be treated like they don't exsist. " it's there, it's explained as part of the story, why should I ignore it because its convenient to do so? Ignoring the RP point of the detection devices in the story is just as wrong as ignoring the presence of the suppression gas to roleplay violence against people that would slap you back to reclaim.

If your having an infestation problem I would go see a doctor.

I doubt a doctor would be able to get rid of people like Marlamin, but I'll ask around

Oh, I thought you meant some other type of infestation

Fixerben sniffs the air and cringes.

Are you sure Uwen? Been with and strange girls lately?

@ FixerBen
    quote by Fixerben
    Geez Marlamin I thought we got rid of you...It is not the Clanners that made the mistake this time. It is the Neutrals. They hired mercenaries to kill Clanners. We didnt start it. So its not our mistake, it is theirs.
    While you yourself FixerBen did not start anything, most certainly other Clan Orgs. are responsible for the present state of affairs.

You say you don't want us to assign you to a faction or group, however you take up and hold that Clan banner high, unfortunately that very banner is stained with blood of Neutrals that some Clan Orgs. decided it would be a good idea to kill.

I support your dream of the true cause of the Clans however there are other Clan Orgs. that don't see it that way.

@ Dudicas
    <snip>
    You will be attacked by the rebel scum at once, as they have detectors of your alignment.
    </snip>

<snip>
    You will be attacked by the Omni-Tek oppressors at once, as they have detectors of your alignment.
    </snip>
    Hmmmm Well those are great things to point out for my case that you should be able to clearly point out the factions, however it doesn't do anything to say that with that same technology they can ID you and your Org. membership...

So the Mercenaries can tell your faction... still no way for them to pick out specific groups or persons, just clan, omni, or neutral.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Originally posted by Viray

Hmmmm Well those are great things to point out for my case that you should be able to clearly point out the factions, however it doesn't do anything to say that with that same technology they can ID you and your Org. membership...

So the Mercenaries can tell your faction... still no way for them to pick out specific groups or persons, just clan, omni, or neutral.
    I couldn't find the other part, but I'm fairly sure that all the information available from targetting a player and pressing 'T' is supposedly available in the same databases that the detection devices link into for comparing your DNA to your affiliation registration. Maybe it was on the old guild registration forms. I'll look again and see if I can find it.

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Oh, I thought you meant some other type of infestation

Fixerben sniffs the air and cringes.

Are you sure Uwen? Been with and strange girls lately?
    Well there was that one I picked up in Rompas... never did get her name.

Guess I'll go to a doc. Failing that I'll just kill myself and when I come back I'll be free of whatever was wrong!

((The only thing I think they could detect for sure is the pressence of token board... and what type is it. DNA nor Genetics would hardly contain information on your Faction alignment...

However I would be curious to see such documentation.))

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Look, i'm telling you it was somewhere. If you don't believe me fine. I'm not going to spend all my time looking up item references for something that you are just going to deny.

The fact is its the bloody year 29477, we can tell a lot about someone now just by looking at them, if you think we won't have advanced further with that by then (but we can do magic with tiny little robots), then your going to argue that the world is not round too. Go crawl back in your little world where everything is the way you want it to be.

((dude chill out. I was just trying to make a point on the mercenaries being able to only fire on Clan aligned people...

trust me if us Neutrals could just strike deals with'em to hunt the few we do know of we'd probably try to do so. I know a few Neutral Orgs. would have a whole list of griefers and jerkwads that would be placed on said list, if Neutrals could do that.

As I hear the offer was offered one way and one way only. So it was a take it or leave it contract.))

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

Re: drtiny rants - mark it in your diary

Originally posted by Dr Tiny
    you know so far i have only seen one org, EA/EO, publically supporting the presence of these mercs. I know that the leaders of at least three other 'neutral' orgs (which together would represent the majority of guilded neutrals) on RK1 and one org on RK2 do not support this move.
    Yes, that is my impression too.

Dont get me wrong: Both personally and professionally we have a good relationship with EO/EA. But this we do not support at all. Why should we? We do want to see both clanners and omnis amongst us, share our cities with them.

OOC- I tell you what's missing in the grand political scheme of things: some way to have a good old-fashioned guild war without:

a.) Having every jackass guild in the game meddling

b.) Having to tick off every member of whatever faction the org you have a quarrel with belongs to

Omni vs Clan vs Neutral just doesnt' work when we have pacifists, role-players, power gamers, war mongers all in each of the three faction choices.

Sorry, still feels like monday.

((Most definitely feels like a monday lol))

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

Just imagine neutrals would be equal in numbers and strength to clan...

Nobody would ever come up with all those pointless arguments I read here everywhere now.

You would have realized that the roots for the problem are not "agressive neutral guilds align with omni to kill clan".
    You maybe would see that neutrals are very upset with the situation in Tir and have trouble with some clan guilds. And I bet you would have seen it as a call to wake you up and do something about it, but you just see it as a "call to arms".

You see that somebody does something you don't like, or some things change in a way that harms you and what do you do?

You just say things like "We never wanted that but sorry, we have to take out all your bases now. We loved neutrals til now but we cannot accept what is happening, we will take em all down now."

For me it seems like many people just waited for something like that. Now you have your reason to take out all grey spots from the map that have been a thorn in your eye from the beginning.
    Now you think its legal to take this as a reason to take the spots you ever wanted because you always had the secret thought that neutrals were never supposed to own any land because they are too weak and too small to earn rights for that.

It seems like any discussion is useless now. Just feel free to attack neutral bases because we cannot hold them anymore when you continue to raise all clan against us.
    You know we have no chance and now the things that will happen in Newland are a free ticket for all who didn't like our bases out there anyway.

At the end I have one question: Where is the connection between notum mining and guards at Newland City shooting clan members? What would you win if you kill neutrals far from NLC? How could you solve this problem that way?
    That will make it even worse. And once again I have to remind you that the Sentinels make no difference who is entering Tir - they kill all neutrals...

Originally posted by Fixerben

Actually I despise most neutrals aswell, Mostly due to their inability to pick a side.. However I must say Loren Warr has impressed me aswell as thoose Orginazations hiring him.

Hopefully the rest of the neutrals will soon see the light.. And help us get rid of Rubi-Ka's disease.. Also known as The Clans.

Omni-Tek Cures Diseases And Protects.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast