Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals declare war on Clans - for what reason?

OOC:

In general, I view this patch is a total load of bull-****. ESPECIALLY on RK-2. I mean, what the heck??

Sorry folks, but RK-1 and RK-2 are not anything alike politically. And letting some RK-1-centric action happen across the board is really, really stupid.

Unfortunately, like Jynne, I see this as little more than an underhanded tactic by Funcom to force Neutrals aside. Due to this, I resent this change quite a bit, and will kill the help guards 24x7 if I have to.

I've put a LOT of time and energy into our Neutral towers on RK-2, and bridging relationships with both Clan and OT to keep them safe. If this change comes along, and my towers become rife with attacks suddenly, I will be very, very upset.

I know for a fact that most Neutrals on RK-2 do NOT want this change, and it is absolutely stupid to have it forced on it due to some RK-1-only decision.

-Jayde

I understand what you are saying Jayde.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Jynne
    Honestly, I believe it's because even within organizations that do attack Neutrals, not everyone supports it. It's relatively easy to raise a force to attack an Omni-Tek facility by openly asking for help.

I've never, ever seen anyone openly trying to recruit Clanners to attack Neutrals. And the main reason for that, I will continue to believe, is because most Clanners won't support it, and even the attackers know that.
    Certain Clan guild leaders HAVE asked for assistance in attacking Neutral mines. I know myself and Kalannar have been pretty vocal against it. They usually didn't get a lot of support escpially when I throw out the, "Who is the real enemy here...insignicant Neutrals with a couple of mines or the Omni-Tek". Yes I denigrate the neutrals to insignificance to try to make them (other Clan leaders) see that the Neutrals are not the threat....sometimes that's the only way to deflect Clan leaders from throwing in support for an attack.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Viray
    So the question I beg to be asked is what were we to do about a faction that contained hostile people in it, that were obviously all for attacking our faction?
    THis is what I have been driving at for months. Forget about factions, it doesnt matter anymore who is Clan and who is Omni.

The only thing you should worry about is who is your enemy, and who isnt.

OOC:
    And that Vix is exactly what FC wants. It started with the Sentinels in Tir to piss off the Neutrals and now they are playing the game the other way around to piss off the Clans against the Neutrals. We are puppets of FCs idea of where they want us to go and how they want us to play. And as far as I can tell most of us are perfectly willing to play the fool.

Not me, I still will NOT attack neutral bases. I still will help my neutral friends. I will still leave Sentinels in TIr mezzed when I pass through. And I will travel through NLC mezizng the thugs as needed.

I'm NOT FCs puppet and I never will be. The rest of you can dance to their tune if you wish...

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Sad to say but Jynne is correct. The more the Clans get pushed the more likely those gray triangles will become red. Clan bases surrounding neutral ones will ensure the destruction of a neutral mine. Get ready becuase I am pretty sure that is EXACTLY what is going to happen when Clan start getting gunned down in Newland.

You see this as a personal aggression against yourself or the Clans on a whole... when really it is only against those that have or would opress us Neutrals. Unfortunately we do not all wear name tags that the Mercenaries can check off Good Clanner or Bad Clanner by...
    The press release sent out said all clanners will be shot on sight.......PLEASE explain how that is not targeting the Clans as whole..

You declared war upon all instead of singling out the aggressors..

BIG MISTAKE, now people who viewed you as neutrals will see you as enemies, people who would give thier life to fight for your freedom will now be gunned down by your guards.

And yes I do believe the only reason the majority of attacks on neutral mining facilities is purely based on location.

I wear a badge, it says Unity of the Rose.
    We have never attacked a neutral base.

This is my personal views and does not reflect those of my organisation.
    Last edited by Raveleet; Jan 28th, 2003 at 18:43:58.
    All the ducks are swimming in the water

Whisper's Edge won't attack Neutral mines unless they attack us first. Pretty simple. We have been treating Omni essentially the same way. We don't attack Omni guilds unless they have atacked us.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

And this Jayde is what the Rubika Mining Cooperative is all about...to band together peaceful land owners across all factions thus at LEAST knowing who you're enemies are NOT. And, paving the way toward a cross-faction alliance that can eventually protect each other even against their own factions.

Originally posted by Jayde
    OOC:

In general, I view this patch is a total load of bull-****. ESPECIALLY on RK-2. I mean, what the heck??

Sorry folks, but RK-1 and RK-2 are not anything alike politically. And letting some RK-1-centric action happen across the board is really, really stupid.

Unfortunately, like Jynne, I see this as little more than an underhanded tactic by Funcom to force Neutrals aside. Due to this, I resent this change quite a bit, and will kill the help guards 24x7 if I have to.

I've put a LOT of time and energy into our Neutral towers on RK-2, and bridging relationships with both Clan and OT to keep them safe. If this change comes along, and my towers become rife with attacks suddenly, I will be very, very upset.

I know for a fact that most Neutrals on RK-2 do NOT want this change, and it is absolutely stupid to have it forced on it due to some RK-1-only decision.

-Jayde

OOC - Actually Jayde I think this is intended, in part, to help "balance" the situation on RK2, moreso than RK1.

On RK1, Clan and Omni are evenly matched, more or less, as regards notum wars. The exp bonus fluctuates between 9.7 and 10.6 on either side, generally speaking. In fact, right now, Omni is "ahead" by the exp bonus measure. On RK2, however, Omni needs more people, because Clan is decisively dominant.

So, FC gives Clanners a new gameplay disadvantage (restricted travel through newland city) and blackens Clan's reputation. This will cause new players to favor Omni more, by giving them an easier time of the lower levels (many Clan missions go to the Newland area, and many excellent hunting grounds for low level Clan players are around Newland and Newland Desert) and by making Omni look more like the "good guys" of the piece.

It will further encourage Clanners to attack Neutrals, as noted, which will result in Neutrals attacking Clanners back. Neutrals converting to Clan will decrease, Neutrals converting to Omni will increase.

So the intent is probably to boost the Omni population, which is "needed" for notum wars on RK2.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I also will never attack any Neutral guilds unless attacked first. And if needed I will continue my travles through Newland City. Unless they are tougher than Sentinel Guards, they will be no match for me.

Originally posted by Nelida
    And this Jayde is what the Rubika Mining Cooperative is all about...to band together peaceful land owners across all factions thus at LEAST knowing who you're enemies are NOT. And, paving the way toward a cross-faction alliance that can eventually protect each other even against their own factions.

RMC only exists on Atlantean though Nel.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Originally posted by Jynne

However, I'm 100% certain that we never had a base for three days in Holes in the Wall. I would have noticed, even if nobody told me, and it just plain wasn't there.

Don't accept what an organization that is attacking you says, as the truth.
    Well then I guess you should have a word with the Peewee's.

In addition, we now got someone from Opposing Force telling us we are on their "hatelist", and will attack whatever base we get, whereever - because we took your base.

This is how it is. As soon as we do anything being neutrals, the whole side declares war on us, being omni or clan. And this, after trying to claim some land on neutral grounds.

Destiny "Minitronix" Tedder

Circle G
    Last edited by Beamboom; Jan 28th, 2003 at 19:36:41.

You see this as a personal aggression against yourself or the Clans on a whole... when really it is only against those that have or would opress us Neutrals. Unfortunately we do not all wear name tags that the Mercenaries can check off Good Clanner or Bad Clanner by...
    If you read the very statement you quoted you would see the point I was making Ravegrrl.

((granted I was trying to express an OCC statement in a IC way))

That is while we know some of the groups and persons within the Clans that have attack Neutrals we have no distinct way of singling them out, and well we may not be fully aware of all those Clanners that have been aggressive against Neutrals.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

OOC:

You said we didn't wear babdges when we all infact do.
    Says what guild I belong to right above my head.
    I am very well aware of game mechanic prohibiting such distinction, but my reply was IC, and Raveleet wears her badge with pride. So in a RP sense you are infact targetting all clanners and in a RP sense you are also able to distinguish bad clanners from good clanners.
    Yes it is sad FC wishes to generalise us like that.
    Last edited by Raveleet; Jan 28th, 2003 at 19:10:45.

drtiny rants - mark it in your diary

you know so far i have only seen one org, EA/EO, publically supporting the presence of these mercs. I know that the leaders of at least three other 'neutral' orgs (which together would represent the majority of guilded neutrals) on RK1 and one org on RK2 do not support this move. Personally I just see it as a rather immature tit for tat reprisal about the Sentinels in Tir, which has been stated time and time again do not represent the entire clan population. Just the same way DW, IR, CG, NLF etc etc do not represent neutrals as a whole. There are more interesting, clever and downright fun ways of getting your particular message across than randomly blasting everything that moves becuase you dont happen to like it.

The current bad feeling has been created by narrow minded jerks on both sides of the divide. I know at least one neutral guild has members who go around calling clan and omni players 'haters' I have heard them use that term in my presence before (you know who you are). I have seen idiot dewds on the clan side (and in omni) act like total fricking morons (you know who you are, assuming you can read). And I have seen the opposite. I have seen friends come to the help of others, those people have mentioned it here in this thread, I have gone to help my friends (you all know who you are). The sooner everyone realises that the actions of one group do not represent the actions of an entire side the better.

As for these mercs, i'll use my advent to calm them and heal anyone getitng blasted by them (unless that person is on my 'jerk' list)

<sigh> i hoped to avoid this topic, but it seems to raise its head on a regular basis nowadays.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

((Thats just it, those floating name tag and badges of Org. membership aren't somethin you should use in a RP manner.

For RP purpose those very things should be treated like they don't exsist. Sure you should be able to tell the factions apart, and there could be a dozen RP ways to determine those lines, however unless we start to get Org. uniforms with Name tags then RP wise those floating tags should have no purpose.))

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

OOC:
    As I said Raveleet wears a badge with the Unity of the Rose logo, that is how I roleplay that thingy above my head

add: I would LOVE to have a guild uniform, or something besides a name floating abouve my head...each guild SHOULD get some badge or something.

add. To turn your argument against you how can those guards differ neutrals clanners and omni employes?
    Last edited by Raveleet; Jan 28th, 2003 at 19:26:58.

RMC doesn't really 'exist' anywhere yet...not for practical purposes at least. As it is a concept it can as easily be implimented on Rimor as Atlantean.

Originally posted by Vixentrox

RMC only exists on Atlantean though Nel.

((well you could tell all sorts of things, from voice, mannerisms, to the fact that clanners grew up in harsh desert environments, while omni grew up in the plush life in Rome... that alone would let you tell a lot about their faction alignment.))

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

Clans will make a bad move as normally, When they will get killed in NLC by Loren and his friends they will take it out on Neutral towers, Wich then will lead to Neutrals allying thimself with OT, Wich then will lead to the destruction of several Clan towers.. You clanners never learn do you?
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast