Thread: Forgotten Hero- The story of the fall of Omni-2

Forgotten Hero- The story of the fall of Omni-2

(( Needed an extra credit assignment to bring me up to a B in English, the game made great inspiration )
    Forgotten Hero

Lights, bright lights, too many to count. A million memories and urges flew through my head at a rate beyond comprehension and as soon as they had come, they were gone. I slunk to the ground, gasping for breath and trying to recall where I was and why I was here, nothing came to mind. My vision was blurred beyond visability, and I literally crawled trying to find my way around. I was feeling for something, anything, to grab on to. I pulled myself up and tried to scream for help, I knew what to say, but the words wouldn’t come out.

I climbed to my feet and tried to walk, but I couldn’t, it was like everything I had learnt from day one of my life was slipping away like sand through fingers, with me trying to hopelessly recollect it. It seemed like it took but a minute for me to forget the basic skills of life, walking, talking, and then basic thinking. I couldn’t move, was this some kind of sick dream? Then it all went black.

Very faint images zip through my head, a few empty looking faces staring at me with cold expressions, someone pulling me to my feet and dragging me outside, being dumped in the middle of an urban jungle with nothing but a pack on my back and a few credits in my pocket. Ten years passed, and to this day I don’t know how I survived.

You see, Chryogenic Freezing does that to a man, imagine waking up from a four century long year sleep. That’s 400 years without moving, breathing, or using your brain whatsoever, unless taught the basic skills of human life immediately after being awakened, any possibility of comprehension and movement may be lost forever to a bleak, incurable amnesia.

Omni-Tek had taken care of me, and in the words of my general himself “I was a outstanding soldier boasting all the qualities of a legend!”. It was the year 29208, and the clans had just formed an identity for themselves and were taking the Omni-Tek Hyper Corporation’s land by storm. What had grown from a few disgruntled miners, angered by OT’s treatment of them in the mines, had grown into a massive opposition in the tens of thousands.

Omni-Tek (OT) certainly had equipment and skill on their side, but the clans had sheer numbers (Not to mention the weapons given to them by the OT Hyper Corporation’s arch rival, Sol Banking Corporation) and a true purpose, to gain freedom and seek revenge for all the corporation did to them. I was on the front lines in defending Omni-2 (captured by the clans in 29209 and renamed Athens) and we were fighting a losing battle. Omni HQ kept promising us new troops, but they never came, and everyone knew that eventually the clans were going to overtake us with their massive numbers.

The small towns in the Aegean region were obliterated by the fighting, and many people, Clans and OT alike, were using the massive ruins to their advantage. The clans left nothing behind, they were using technology OT had dumped in junkyards 100’s of years ago, it was horrible irony seeing one of our drop ships (carrying backup no doubt) being shot down by machines we had carelessly threw out to rust.

We had a force of 10 slayerdroids (Massive robots with fearsome size and strength, gleaming with the white and black paint that symbolized the glory of Omni-Tek) that were dismantled by the clans within the first week. It seemed amusing to us watching the clans attack them, it was almost as if they were sacrificing themselves, we were all shocked when the skull splitting explosion of a slayerdroid rocked the city.

It was then that we knew we were truly biding our time. We were counting the days until they would break through the massive gates protecting the city when we got an unexpected message.

“Make haste to Block 10-C is the Eastern district” rang through our comms. It was a nice break from the sound of bullets and massive hammers pounding away at our walls. We climbed down off our post and walked through the city, a city once bustling with life and music, now lied in an eerie silence, the only sounds our footsteps and the faint sound of hammers against the walls protecting the city. We arrived at Block 10-C and were rushed inside.

It was a strange building, consisting of 2 large rooms and a small back room, which (oddly) we were all crammed into. The man that had spoken to us on comm was there, and he gave us horrible news. “It brings me great sorrow to say this, but the clans have won this fight.”

I was shocked, I couldn’t accept it, although deep down I accepted it days ago. “We have arranged 100 chryogenic freezing compartments, our goal is keep you safely underground, you, the elite soldiers of Omni-Tek, until we once again gain control of the city and are able to bring you home!” said the comm-man with cheap enthusiasm.

Everyone stood silent for awhile, and then suddenly an uproar of questions and conversation. I couldn’t hear myself think, and there seemed to be no way to calm the panicking soldiers, that was until a sound rang out through the city, a sound that still brings shivers down my spine, the sound of a wall collapsing, the sound of Omni-Tek’s glory shattering in an instant.

It was a small hum at first, barely audible, but slowly, slowly it built up into a song. The clans were singing for victory, they truly had won the battle. There were still some forces left, the more “expendable” soldiers I guess. The comm-man whispered something inaudible into his wrist watch, and the 2 front rooms collapsed into massive spiral staircases, which the soldiers were sent down in a marching-line fashion.

I wanted to follow, but I was paralyzed with fear and pure disbelief, how the poor, uneducated miners had turned into a force so fierce. If it wasn’t for a kick in the rear, I would of stayed up there and would have been taken prisoner like the other soldiers, they were just as loyal as me, I thought, so why do they have to suffer? It didn’t seem fair, but now wasn’t the time for fairness.

I don’t remember much about the Chryo-Chamber, except I was put I was one of the last people to be put in. I remember looking at all the faces of my fellow soldiers while walking down the isle to my pod, it was unreal, this whole thing was unreal to me. I climbed in, a bizarre blue gel began to fill the chamber, I was beginning to panic as an oxygen mask dropped above me and attached itself to my face.

The last thing I remember is hearing the comm-man say over the intercom “Sleep well Omni-Tek, see you in a few years.” I thought to myself “A few years, maybe this wont be so bad after all.” before I blinked for the last time in the next 400 years.

To be continued-
    Last edited by Prezidential; Dec 19th, 2002 at 03:46:04.

wo0t! Nice story too

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Damn its been ages since ive checked these boards.

Im going to leave silently and give my buddy my account (free of charge, not breaking any rules FC )

Ive got to be honest, AO was one hell of a game, I loved it and am still addicted, even though its really boring for me.

Its a chore for me to play now, I logged on last night to talk to people and try to get back into the game, I walked around Omni Ent about 3 times aimlessly, I gave up and went back to Neocron

I want to thank the RP community for keeping me in the game as long as they did, 2 months after I stopped leveling, I roleplayed and loved it!

And for those of you looking for a new home, Saturn server in Neocron needs some good roleplayers, its kind of empty of them right now

Its got such an awesome Roleplaying environment too, youre chars move their mouths, frown, smile and the game reacts to words you say. (IE, "Damn, he got away!" you would frown and bury your face in your hands)

And get this, you can sit in chairs. Thats right, chairs, as in legs touching the floor, no more being afraid of something pulling you under the table at Rompas, you can let your feet dangle worry free!

Well, ill miss you all, and thanks for the good memories

-Phil Diehl, AO Veteran since February 2nd, 2002.