Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Neutrals declare war on Clans - for what reason?

perhaps sentinals should take a nice visit to newland.

quote on
    I'm just saddened by how annoyed people seem to be in RL over something actually happening. Could be my perception and some of you might be fantastic roleplayers in which case I'm impressed.
    quote off

the last time when neuts was trown out of tir i had no positive things come out of it. before that we was hanging in happy rebel joking about us neuts not getting served drinks. then the 'story' started and ever since us neuts team clanners in grid or sneak into grid area in tir to get anything done. its tradeskills teaming what iget there but what about the hanging around? after a hard days work am i supposed to sit outside newland? now you say i should be glad about a new story. thing is only that nothing good came from any story to ordinary ppl. if u involved in some political stuff and think its thrilling fine. i dont like the story tailored to your needs.

edit
    Yes i think its only one dragon after the other coming from fc.
    edit2
    without any loot tho
    Last edited by mawu; Jan 30th, 2003 at 20:05:36.

new guards- hoo rah!!!

What many of the clanners dont get is 2 fold.
    We neutrals dont realistically blame you all for anything. In story context Warr and his bunch are really to conteract Fisk from destroying NL. But the guards of any faction dont differentiate sided people.
    Now I have just spent 30 min catchin up on this thread and you guys have given the reasons this was supported in your own words.
    <I predict the weekend the new guards drop every neutral tower will fall>
    This is the sorta disdain we neutrals have put up with from the neut bashin clans all along. Daily, one of the 6-8 neutral controlled towers are attacked. DAILY. Every day it is by clans, at least for the last month or more. So you say we are declaring war on you, or do you just need an excuse to join your bully/thug clan friends in neutral bashing?
    I mean really what is goin to change? So we have some hired guns in NL- clans have been attackin us anyway! Not having the guards wasnt goin to stop the attacks. We heard all the yap about O- we disapprove of such and such clan org attackin neutrals, But wtf have you done about it to protect neutrals from the ubber twink neut griefers? Have you helped defend neutrals? Have you helped neutrals get there towers back? Have you censored those clan orgs by not helpin them at all? Have you organized attacks on there towers to show them your displeasure at their actions? What have you really done to help neutrals but talk a good game?
    So when we try to retake our towers, or when we get a RP event to help us out- all tyhe clanners bemoan and boo hoo and take up the kill neutral banner. So whats changed? Nothin! We still get attacked by clanners while other clanners watch, only now those other clanners say they have an excuse to attack neutrals now also. Big surprise. Whats 2, 3, 5, 20 more clan attackers against us mean when we have trouble with 1 ubber twink? Nada we still lose towers and fights just faster- nothin has changed but speed of reclaim.
    Something else you obviously didnt think about, the low lvl towers, will be protected. Clan cant come to NL by whompa, low lvl clanners cant grid to Bor, ergo low lvl towers wont get attacked by low lvl clanners. Hoo Rah!
    Also if neutrals lose all their towers- well then there is really nothin left to lose is there? It would be nothing holding back open season on quite a few clan towers as I see it.
    Just my 2 cents. Just a thought. Tit for Tat and round and round we go. Meanwhile Omni has been very brilliant- they sit back and watch Clanners grind away at neutrals and then they swoop in and snap u up when u arent lookin. Brilliant OT's outsmart everyone- lol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Oh well I must apologise for an earlier statement. Apparently Tower Hunters do not support the presence of these Mercs. which would leave Elite Operations and I guess Elite Academy as the only groups officially supporting their presence as a whole. I do apologise for any incovenience this mistake may have caused. I am only a simple nanomage and such high and mighty actions are beyond my ken.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

guard support

Actually EO/EA have not officially stated they support the new guards to my knowledge, but then again so what if they do or don't.
    Logically speakin the supporters would most likely be neutral orgs with towers. The opposition would logically be those without. But there would of course be exceptions to that as well.

>/Me smacks everyone with a logic stick<

TheSkeezix said, "perhaps sentinals should take a nice visit to newland."

Well thats the whole reason the new guards are gonna be there- for that madman Fisk, and those that think like him.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Re: guard support

Originally posted by Psimonn

Well thats the whole reason the new guards are gonna be there- for that madman Fisk, and those that think like him.
    Oh the irony of that sentance amuses me no end.

Logically speaking those for the mercs dont mind hiring vigilantes to do their dirty work and dont mind hiding behind anoniminity and having all the community shoulder responsibilty for them. They dont mind having killers roaming their streets, shooting anyone they dont happen to like the look of.

Logically speaking those against the Mercs would be those who find groups killing in their name abhorent, oddly enough that would be me. I would rather do my own work and take full responsibility for it.

Towers have little to do with this, they are merely an excuse.

((The views of DrTiny do not ally with the official stance of Desert Winds, whom I am hoping will adopt a take them or leave them approach to the mercs))
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Re: Re: guard support

Originally posted by Dr Tiny

Towers have little to do with this, they are merely an excuse.

((The views of DrTiny do not ally with the official stance of Desert Winds, whom I am hoping will adopt a take them or leave them approach to the mercs))
    You may be suprised how at how much tower combat effected the situation. Its not an excuse, but an added reason. The reason the mercs will be there is two fold ... if not more Those reasons are ones psimonn has already pointed out.

We may never know if it prevented a war with the sentinals ... and personally I hope we never have to find out... the proof needed to prove it would be nothing less then the sentinals marching on Newland.
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

From the Desk of Major 'Naxilite' McCovery, leader of the Desert Winds

Feelings are running high at this time, myself I have no argument with the presence of these Mercs in Newland City. However, I shall be watching the situation to see how it develops. Desert Winds have their own agenda and at this time the presence or non-presence of the Mercs does not influence that agenda.

I would advise all Clan aligned Rubi-Kans to vacate Newland City and not to travel there.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Re: Re: Re: guard support

Originally posted by Silinar

You may be suprised how at how much tower combat effected the situation. Its not an excuse, but an added reason. The reason the mercs will be there is two fold ... if not more Those reasons are ones psimonn has already pointed out.

We may never know if it prevented a war with the sentinals ... and personally I hope we never have to find out... the proof needed to prove it would be nothing less then the sentinals marching on Newland.
    Oh the towers are not the be all and end of this situation. The bad feeling has been building up on both sides for months now and been very apparent to anyone inclined to take note of such things. The towers are the tip of the iceberg, that is how i meant they are an excuse and have little to do with the situation.

Some of us have been working hard politically to try and defuse these situations as they arose, some of us were making progress. Now that work is so much wasted time thanks to this move amongst others. I oppose the presence of these Mercs in Newland and will fight and work to see them removed. I will not bow down to armed thugs and their lackies, threaten me as you will (not you Silinar but others have). I oppose their ideals and their methods.

edit - to correct Silinar's name
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Lightbulb An OOC question

((OOC)):

I have seen it said many times lately in this forum that as both players and characters that most Neutrals could care less how the Clan population feels about the situation with these mercs. It has also been said that the Clanners are just whining about the fact that they can't go through Newland City anymore. Well, the question I have to pose is this. If this action provokes the Sentinels to storm NLC and take it by force what will the Neutrals as players do? I think they will be whining about it just as the Clans are about the new guards. I have spoken with a few Neutral pals of mine, and they have said that they don't think the Sentinels could take NLC. I have to disagree with that. If that is the will of FC you can't contend with that. So, as I see this, it is all being done by FC. It didn't matter if the Neutral players made this deal or not, FC was going to do this either way. If it hadn't been a player character that said ok, it would have been an NPC that made the deal. So before anyone thinks they can blame either side of this on the other, you may want to take a look at who really is pulling the strings. I myself am not to thrilled with this developement, but it is not going to end my world. I hope that some kind of truce can be made, but if it can't, I will not be really heartbroken over it as it is the will of FC and not us players. Just a little food for thought.

Re: An OOC question

Originally posted by Fistgoddess
    ((OOC)):

It didn't matter if the Neutral players made this deal or not, FC was going to do this either way. If it hadn't been a player character that said ok, it would have been an NPC that made the deal. So before anyone thinks they can blame either side of this on the other, you may want to take a look at who really is pulling the strings. I myself am not to thrilled with this developement, but it is not going to end my world. I hope that some kind of truce can be made, but if it can't, I will not be really heartbroken over it as it is the will of FC and not us players. Just a little food for thought.
    I can agree with that. But I am to thrilled at the "illusion" of having something to do with "The story line" to agree fully.

But just today I heard some clansmen shouting, "Neutral fence sitters!" But i'd like to add what did ANY clansmen do to avoid this scenerio? Nothin, nada, zip. So while neutrals are called fence sitters- aren't the clanners who did nothing to aviod this situation fence sitters? At least the ones that predicated the situation were doin something to provoke it. But the others that feel slighted or angered at it still sat on the clan fence and did nothin to prevent it. Just because you choose a faction doesn't mean you are contributing anything to the story or Rubi-Ka in general. Any person through inactivity is a fence sitter in my opinion.
    Instead of complaining about it do something about it- police your own non-RP clanners and this situation will resolve itself quickly. Neutrals complained about bein harassed and griefed for months and got nothin for it except more harassment. Now we are doin something about a situation the clans could have prevented by doin somethin themselves. Had the neutral friendly clans done a few things to help neutrals out vs neut hater clans, none of this would ever have happened.

Dr Tiny stated, "Towers have little to do with this, they are merely an excuse."

I have seen the offer from Warr and it did very clearly mention clan aggresions vs neutral towers. Now of course Warr didnt say that he would protect our towers, but he did mention that his presence could help ease that burden by not allowing clansmen to travel freely through NL. Maybe the good doctor wasn't in the loop on that one, perhaps Naxilite (his org leader) was.

So again I pose the question- what have you RP clanners done to ease that situation for neutrals? What are you willing to do now? I can 100% gaurantee that if clanners started policing their own, that the contract with Warr would be cancelled.

So now the ball is back in your court. Will you continue to fence sit and let things go further or are you serious about wanting peace between clan and neutrals?

Talk is cheap, actions are worth their weight in notum.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

((OOC as time has gone on since this became public knowledge I have got more interested in whats going on. Story is always good, it gives my characters something to (and also not to) work towards.))

((I am well aware of what Warr has said, and i still believe that towers are an excuse for all this. There are IC elements wishing to increase clan/neut tensions and/or OT/neut tensions for their own ends depending on the group. Warrs presence will hinder some low level clanners from moving about less easily. But it is possible to get to outside newland and Borealis without using the grid or whompa network. There are nanos and overland routes which can be navigated be less skilled troops, I have done it myself and guided people along them.))

((I agree with Psimonn that some groups could have done more to ease the situation, and others have down right hindered things. Sitting back and doing nothing is aquiescing your agreement, hence DrTiny being vocal))
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678