Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals declare war on Clans - for what reason?

Neutrals declare war on Clans - for what reason?

For simplicity I stay ooc here, to discuss some roleplay issues.

With the new guards coming in Newland, clan members are no longer welcome, only Omni Omni-tek employees and us neutrals.

For what reason? This just doesnt make sense at all. I am *very* surprised that this is something FC has created.

First off:

It is not all the clans that attacks neutrals in Tir. It is the Sentinels. Not everyone realize this, but Funcom should:

Omni-Tek is ONE faction, one huge company. The clan faction is NOT one huge body, but several smaller organizations, all with one common "enemy", Omni-Tek. There are disagreements amongst the clans, in politics, strategics, etc. Sentinels are not the clans, its sentinels. Just like Opposing Force or Storm or whoever: They are separate organizations, not departments of one large organization like Omni-Tek.

So, for neutrals to hire mercenaries to kill all clan members in Newland - what the **** is up with that? For what reason? By doing this, the clans will view the neutrals as declare war with them. ALL the clans, not just sentinels. Now WHY would the neutrals do that? Now neutrals indeed more and more become a semi-faction, some underdogs of Omni-Tek.

In a roleplay setting, it doesnt make sense that neutrals hire someone to kill all clans on sight! Its plain ridiculous.

Now in a technical view, this MAY have its reasons: Funcom wants to separate clan and omni by force. They dont want clan and omni to hang out in Newland, teaming and chatting etc. They want to separate the two sides, to make the ongoing conflict a bit more visible.

OR, they simply want to do something about the lag in newland.

Either way, using neutrals as a tool for this is very wrong. This is not how neutrals view ourselves - just like not all clan agreed with sentinels attacking us.

In character it will be even harder for us to continue our neutral life. Several of us are neutral to be individualistic, to not belong to any corporation, or limit our freedom of actions by being part of a conflict we do not believe in, or support.

Regards,

Destiny "Minitronix" Tedder
    President of Circle G
    A neutral mercenary company on Rubi-Ka.

OOC

Way back at game launch it was stated somewhere that the Neutrals were going to be forced into choosing a side eventually. Maybe this is part of that plot?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Minitronix these guards have been placed at the request and payment of one of your fellow Neutral guilds. Please ask them why, only they know the reasons.

I know that I myself have never attacked a Neutral base, or Guard. And I have aided some guilds (Desert Winds for one) in defense of their bases.

Often times you can find me at the Tir whompas keeping the area Urban Patroller free so my Neutral friends may come in.

On February 4th I have called a meeting of the RMC. People from all factions will attend, and I am having this meeting in Tir. On February 4th @ 6:30 you will find me disposing of the Guards at the Whompas so my Peaceful friends may come in.

I would hope that someday, someone would be willing to do the same for me.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Well The Reason They are placing Neutrals Gaurds Against the Clanners is due to the fact that almost 100% of all guilds that have attacked a Neutral Base are Clan members thus its only logical that due to this fact the neuts would side more against clans it might also be FCs attempt at aligning Omni and The Neutrals togethor against the Clans as Omni tends to be more Neut freindly

Oh yes, so Neut friendly, that Omn-Pol was involved in the attack and destruction a Neutral base...

Miester and Omni Pol was Warned by Not to do it again to but maybe we should Talk about Lions Den takinga neutral base and all the clan post about just taking neutral bases for the Xp bonus take to the member of Elite operations they will tell you what faction attacks Neuts the most

Rediculous

I agree that this makes no sense. I for one have always respected and supported the Neutrals. I can't tell you how many times I rushed to Newland and braved Neutral towers in 25% to help the Desert Wind's tower on the other side of the lake from attacks by Omni. In terms of rhetoric, it has always been Omnis I hear yelling at Neutrals, saying they have to pick a side and that they are Clanners at heart. This move destroys them in the sense that they are no longer Neutral. They favor Omni over Clan. And those are ICC guards. First the ICC gives Clan the rights to mine notum and they they turn around and start killing Clan to protect Neutral interests. This makes absolutely no sense.

OOC:

Funcom has long been involved in a crusade to separate the sides, socially speaking. I can tell you that my guild has long been involved in an effort to create peace by getting people together to socialize, regardless of side. We have held many parties for this purpose. I have observed steps taken by Funcom and their Omni-affiliated lackeys to destroy cooperation between the sides and create an atmosphere of hatred and distrust. Why else would they have endorsed the lingerie party massacre as Rompa Bar. And in each case its nonsensical. Those of us who hate don't need a reason. Those of us who have friends on the other side aren't going to be detered. This is just another move to divide the players socially.

Okay, I know I'm in rant mode. One last point...

For those Neutral and Clan ROLEPLAYERS who wish to roleplay this, these moves at separation make it very difficult to get together. So again we see that FC wants this conflict to be played out in one way -- on the battlefield.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

It's not just the Sentinels. It's the constant attacks upon Neutral mining interests that 90% to 10% have been unprovoked attacks by player-run Clan guilds. Usually the response to 'why?' has been 'you are jacking our XP bonus'. I guarantee you if we could have depended on our Clan brothers and sisters, this would not have happened. This absolutely would not have happened if not for the 100% unprovoked acts of agression by yee haw cowboys within the Clan community who could give a crap about anything other than their precious XP bonus. My organization agonizes over every political move we make and any act of bloodshed against either faction. We and others were not treated with the same respect by the 'gamers' out there.

I always thought that the Neutral community's general believe in independance and self-governance were very much in line with the Clan's stated goals. The only difference was that the Neutrals decided to march to their own drum rather than the Council of Truth's. This being so even despite most Neutral players respecting the ideals of the Council of Truth.

When the Council of Ares asked the CoT to step down. When the Council was weakened by split support in the Clan community. When Omni-Tek got the weakened Council to flea. When the Sentinels invaded Tir. When player-run Clan org after org ran over every single mining operation placed by Neutral orgs (almost without exception mines that were placed without bloodshed: legal claims), it all kinda hit the fan.

The Neutral community witnessed a change in ideology of the Clan population from freedom fighters to bloodthirsty thugs. We saw a faction with ideals wishing to sway the planet's politics to democratic self-rule and freedom of expression devolve into one that simply wants to 'take over'. The prevalent feeling amongst many Neutrals is that the clans think 'it's the Clan way or the highway'.

It's so sad that we've witnessed a faction that we could co-exist with rather well turn into a headache we wish would just go away. If the Neutrals ever became more organized and militant, I would definately see them as the true freedom fighters who want nothing more than their own plot of land and to be able to make their own way. No Neutral org that I am aware of wants to 'take over the planet'. We're just kinda sick of being spit on.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Jan 28th, 2003 at 16:13:17.

OOC:

It's Funcom forcing Neutrals down a path. In essense by having Clan Sentinels killing Neutrals in Tir it angers neutrals against clans pushing them closer to Omni. This is just the opposite side of that...to anger clanners into taking it out on all neutrals. For a lot of people it seems to be working just fine...they're perfectly content to be led through FCs every-changing story line by the nose...

I guess if we all don't have motivation enough to really get nasty with each other then FC feels the need to provide it. Seems to be working too from what I can tell.

This doesn't really hurt a lot of the high level players...unless these new 'guards' (disgusting euphamism) are stronger than the Tir Sentinels I'll just mez them and continue on about my travels through NLC.

I suppose if I get mad enough I'll start killing them just to take out my frustrations. Funny, I've ALWAYS been a major critic of Omni and Clan killing NLC guards...guess things change. In this case not for the better. This seriously detracts from my interest in this game.

Khamuk, don't be silly.

There was one high-profile attack on a neutral base by a clan org, and it mostly became high-profile because the neutrals lost, then started flooding the grid with complaints and accusations.

Plenty of Omni orgs attack Neutrals. You just don't hear about it, or ignore it, or consider it justified, because you're Omni.

The Clans aren't squeaky clean, no. But considering the proximity of many Neutral bases to our heartlands, their existence has been permitted for quite some time, wouldn't you say? If we really were so neutral-hostile as you claim, all the gray triangles on the map would be red.

I further note that there aren't any gray triangles in Omni controlled areas. All the ones that used to be there are blue now. Wonder how that happened...
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Excellent point Jynne...I distinctly remeber several Neutral mines in operation down south that have become Omni mines. Must not count I guess.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Yes, unfortunately you are right Khamuk, 90% of the time neutrals get attacked, its by clans.

This surprised me, when NW came out. Prior to NW I always felt more welcome amongst the clans, both in teams and just by hanging out. Tir was the only place I ever went to find teammates.

Ant the tower situation has really become quite silly, listen to this:

There is a clan organization, that seem to believe they rule neutral lands. Less than a week ago we got contacted by Peewee Avengers, demanding us to give up our piece of land in Holes In the Wall (NEUTRAL land, mind you), and give it to another *neutral* organization (Omega). It was a small site not being used (it was only a controller tower there) given to a clan org (Unity or the rose) by Peewee (for whatever reason).

So, a different clan organization, NOT Unity of the rose (they have not contacted us at all) tells us, on neutral ground, to give the place to a different neutral organization. This is the kind of stuff we have to face.

Of course we refused, and of course they have now declared war on us, being an "unfriendly neutral org". *sigh*

And then we got the raids by small twink orgs (Dust Bunnies comes to mind) that doesnt even bother to build on the land they destroy, they just attack it out of grief or whatever.

- "Yay, a neutral tower. Lets just destroy it, no Omni org will be our enemies then".

Fixeben: As far as I understand it is FC that started this. Ingame, I believe that Elite Operations support it and "pay for it", not sure who else does. Circle G is not one of them. It is not in our business interests to be alienated by the clans.

Vixentrox: You may be right. But if so, it seems that we are supposed to choose Omni-Tek. I dont like others to do that decition for me.

Well first off there were few to no neutral towers in omni Territory to begin with as Many of the Neutral guilds Settled int he lands surrounding Newland and North and the ones that have changed to be blue is because a Clan guild took te base and the Omni Took the spot back from the clan guild

OOC:

Please explain precisely HOW guards in NLC killing Clans helps stop Clan attacks on Neutral bases? I really fail to see how the two are connected in any way.

If you are so all fired interested in Clan and Neutral coexisting peacefully why haven't I seen you speak up in support of RMC? Seems RMC was an ideal way to band together like-minded peaceful orgs across factions. Where have you been while a few of us where screaming to band together in non-agression pacts?

It is also compelte nonsense that it wouldn't have happened if Clan orgs hadn't attacked Neutral bases. Player interaction didn't lead to either the Sentinels in Tir nor these new thug guards in NLC. This latest development came as a retaliation for the Tir Sentinels. I find in implausable that it wouldn't have happened if Clans were nice to Neutrals.

Except for the first few days of NW all mines were taken or retaken "by bloodshed". As I recall in the early days of NW attacks against Neutrals where about equal between Clan and Omni...funny how memories get so muddled. I even recall coming to the aid of neutral mines. I'm sure you forget about the Clans that acutally HELPED you huh? I'm sure it's quite convienient for the new circumstances in NLC to forget about Omni violence against Neutrals...especially the continual guard bloodbath at the gates of NLC that I personally find mostly Omni....so very convienient.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    It's not just the Sentinels. It's the constant attacks upon Neutral mining interests that 90% to 10% have been unprovoked attacks by player-run Clan guilds. Usually the response to 'why?' has been 'you are jacking our XP bonus'. I guarantee you if we could have depended on our Clan brothers and sisters, this would not have happened. This absolutely would not have happened if not for the 100% unprovoked acts of agression by yee haw cowboys within the Clan community who could give a crap about anything other than their precious XP bonus. My organization agonizes over every political move we make and any act of bloodshed against either faction. We and others were not treated with the same respect by the 'gamers' out there.

I always thought that the Neutral community's general believe in independance and self-governance were very much in line with the Clan's stated goals. The only difference was that the Neutrals decided to march to their own drum rather than the Council of Truth's. This being so even despite most Neutral players respecting the ideals of the Council of Truth.

When the Council of Ares asked the CoT to step down. When the Council was weakened by split support in the Clan community. When Omni-Tek got the weakened Council to flea. When the Sentinels invaded Tir. When player-run Clan org after org ran over every single mining operation placed by Neutral orgs (almost without exception mines that were placed without bloodshed: legal claims), it all kinda hit the fan.

The Neutral community witnessed a change in ideology of the Clan population from freedom fighters to bloodthirsty thugs. We saw a faction with ideals wishing to sway the planet's politics to democratic self-rule and freedom of expression devolve into one that simply wants to 'take over'. The prevalent feeling amongst many Neutrals is that the clans think 'it's the Clan way or the highway'.

It's so sad that we've witnessed a faction that we could co-exist with rather well turn into a headache we wish would just go away. If the Neutrals ever became more organized and militant, I would definately see them as the true freedom fighters who want nothing more than their own plot of land and to be able to make their own way. No Neutral org that I am aware of wants to 'take over the planet'. We're just kinda sick of being spit on.

Originally posted by Khamuk
    Miester and Omni Pol was Warned by Not to do it again to but maybe we should Talk about Lions Den takinga neutral base and all the clan post about just taking neutral bases for the Xp bonus take to the member of Elite operations they will tell you what faction attacks Neuts the most
    Pardon me Khamuk, but I have just finished negotiating peace treaties with Sumokan and EO, with the CLan guilds. Unfortunately I could not find a way to give them their land back, but I was able to get the agressive Clan orgs to stop attacking EO.

I have much respect for Sumokan and what he does. Though I can not agree with him...

The Independant Rubi-Kans have been members of the RMC since its first meeting. So far 2 of the largest and most well knwo Neutral Guilds have entrusted their reputations to me. DO you know a single Omni that can say the same?

lol give it a week before the clans attack the neutrals again over some other known Neutral base and Formal Treaty means nothing is nothing for you said it yourself the clans have no goverment just tiny Organizations. Many Neutrals Will rember the Omni Brethren that fought with them to take towers back from Organizations that stole them away

Originally posted by Tedder Family
    There is a clan organization, that seem to believe they rule neutral lands. Less than a week ago we got contacted by Peewee Avengers, demanding us to give up our piece of land in Holes In the Wall (NEUTRAL land, mind you), and give it to another *neutral* organization (Omega). It was a small site not being used (it was only a controller tower there) given to a clan org (Unity or the rose) by Peewee (for whatever reason).

So, a different clan organization, NOT Unity of the rose (they have not contacted us at all) tells us, on neutral ground, to give the place to a different neutral organization. This is the kind of stuff we have to face.
    Unity of the Rose has never, to my knowledge, held a base in Holes in the Wall for any reason.

It is possible that someone from our organization built a "placeholder" controller there to prevent "land ninjaing" but if so, that controller stood for fewer than 18 hours and we never claimed actual ownership ourselves. I have not, however, been informed at all if someone did.

Are you certain you have your facts straight?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Jynne and vixentrox: Unfortunately you are wrong. I monitor the "all towers" channel (org leaders got this channel, we get a message of all attacks all over the planet), and know most of the neutral orgs very well, it is in fact by far most often clans that attack neutrals.

And just as I type this, Pewee attacks our tower...

Jynne: yes. Unity Of The Rose had that place for three days as far as I understand, with only a controller.

Ask the Pewee org, they are the ones telling us this, that they gave the land to you, and they now, as we type this, attack our land to give it to someone else.

Or rush to Holes In the wall now, close to the zoneborder to Stret West, by the Reets.

Originally posted by Tedder Family
    Jynne and vixentrox: Unfortunately you are wrong. I monitor the "all towers" channel (org leaders got this channel, we get a message of all attacks all over the planet), and know most of the neutral orgs very well, it is in fact by far most often clans that attack neutrals.

And just as I type this, Pewee attacks our tower...
    I am a guild leader, I know many leaders/high ranked people of Neutral orgs, and I know that there were several Neutral mines in Omni lands that are now Omni held. I remember when the war kicked off sending WE folks to defend Neutral towers against Omni attacks. That doesn't count and apparenly has been forgotten I guess.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast