Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vote To Remove Nodrop On Vehicles

I vote no. Leave the nodrop tag. It is critical.

There are not enough money sinks in this game as it is, which is why the economy is spiraling wildly out of control. If anything, we need *more* nodrop items - preferably that can *only* be purchased in stores.

Edit: Also, I'd suggest removing vehicles from mission chests entirely.
    Last edited by O'Rourke; Nov 12th, 2002 at 16:26:49.

remove nodrop
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Mr. Bogus mentions on the first page of this thread that he melts down bracers to sell them indirectly, which gave me an idea.

How about if it was possible to hack the yalm somehow, with zero skill req, so you were left with a non-nodrop unusable yalm. 'Unfinished Yalmaha', perhaps.

Then have the needed part available in shops for say half the price of a yalm. Again no skill req to assemble it. The finished product should be the QL of the part.

Make the parts available from maybe ql50 up only, so there is stil an advantage to buying a new yalm.

Still got a cash sink, and we can trade the yalms. I think chances are that alts of high lvl players will still transfer creds for ql 3~ yalms (or keep transfering the same yalm for a few mil each time), but newbies can get a ql50 for 1/2 the price in a trade.

I like the NODROP/NOTRAID idia, keep nodrop open (as in personalizing your items) but remove notraid from most items. Nothing in the game realy requires the notraid tag other than a few items that funcom things need to be hard to get. As for a money sink make it so that you can buy a suped up apartment that can hold more than 5 items, a monthy charge or such. And with the new expanctions comming out their are lots of options for sinking money, tho mainly dealing with orgs. I would like to see a lot less nodrop and more money sinks. If funcom puts their mind to it I am shure they can come up with a lot of money sinks, and thats not realy the point of this post anyway is it?

In short I vote YES to removing nodrop from everything but but player designated items (aka the id tag thing) As for NOTRAID, I think thats a great idia, let funcom keep their 'notraid' MK II armor and the like but make make most current nodrop items traidable.

Oh, and I have never had a yalm, I waited till I was 154 to fly with parrot so I am some what outside the debate.
    Last edited by Tyrathect; Nov 13th, 2002 at 22:15:29.

No Drop is good.
    Helps the economy even if twinks have more and more money.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

personally I say keep the Nodrop. But I totally disagree with the Nodrop but tradable idea. Basically you want the advantage of being able to trade it, without the disadvantage of possibly losing it. I dont think that is right.

oh, and for the record I managed perfectly well for over a year (real time) without a yalm, and it was a nice feeling to finally get one, so I think things are about right now. However that is my personal view.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Well, what if you happen to find another vehicle that you dont need ? I am not sure if you can find yalms anymore...but I recall having a yalm and finding 5-6 other vehicles I did not need, while guildmates sure could have used some of them.

I think I still have 2-3 kodiaks and 2 mid's in my bank somewhere. I'd love to give them away.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123