Thread: Healing-aggro bug

Healing-aggro bug

I just started a doc, a few weeks back. ive now lvled her to 50.

so far this is what i have experiensed:

Me, the doc, i set my aggro bar ALL WAY DEF, i dont shoot or cast dots or do ANY damage to anyone. i got a full team hitting on the mobs, and the second i touch that team heal button, all mobs in the area aggroes on me.

So far i have been the tank in every team, not cause the others are so weak that i do more damage, its cause every time i throw one little teamheal, all the mobs start attacking me!

i thought this was a bug that was fixed a long time ago, what is going on here? i would VERY much like a answer on this!

cause so far i have been able to take all the damage dealt to me (when ive been the tank). but i dont know for how long that is still possible! ive had another char and gotten to lvl 130+ and i know that the mobs get alot tougher as you raise in lvls.

So, PLEASE tell me that this is the old doc-aggro bug, and that you are fixing it ASAP! im shure im not the only pissed off doc...

(btw if this is NOT a bug, pls rename doc prof to "tank" cause thats all i am doing...)

Walberg

well

I only play MA characters, but our teamheals work well for pulling aggro as well. 8)

Anyway, just for your info, agg/def bar has nothing to do with the chances of you getting aggroed.

The agg/def bar is a tradeoff between inits and evades.
    agg=more inits/lesser evades
    def=more evades/less init

They only way it affects aggro on you is that on full def, you hit less often and therefore cause less damage=less aggro.

/DaveDread

Lightbulb hmm well ...

It's not just a 'doc-aggro' thing. It happens to all healers.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

When fighting mobs and casting team healing, target yourself first and then cast your TH - much lesser chance that you'll get aggroed...
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004